Teletime Superstores Tv And Appliances

Reviews for Teletime Superstores Tv And Appliances

Elwin from Vaughan
Elwin from Vaughan

Deteriorated Customer Service, Good TV pricing of Samsung UN43NU6900

Similar to my previous review, the total cost was not $1, but this purchase was a gift for my parents so I do not want to show the pricing.

The cost of the TV was still one of the best that I could find. I purchased the Samsung UN43NU6900. That's why I rated 3/5 for recommending this Company.

However, their level of customer service [as of Dec. 2018] has drastically decreased since my previous review [mid-May 2018]. I do not know/understand why. The delivery person kept trying to get incremental cash from my parents. The driver likely saw them as "easy" targets for more cash. I hope other customers, especially senior citizens, do not have this similar situation happen to them. Hence I rated my satisfaction with the Company to be 3/5 for a total of 6/10.

I believe their customer service has decreased and I would describe it as awful because:
a) In advance of delivery, Teletime was made clear that the delivery was to my parents' condo which had a specific delivery time between 4pm-8pm as the delivery people would need to use the delivery elevator. After 8pm, the Condo rules state that the building no longer accepts deliveries. Teletime stated that this would not be a problem and that they would call me 1-hour before delivery.
b) Around 6:45 pm, given that 1 more hour would put us close to the cut-off delivery ending time at 8pm, I called Teletime asking for an update on status. They stated that the driver should arrive around 7pm and not to worry and that they did not know why the driver did not call me at 6pm to let me know that the delivery would occur around 7:15pm.
c) Around 7pm, the driver (Balraj) called saying that he would arrive shortly at 7:15pm. This aligned with the timing that Teletime gave me, as stated in (b) above.
d) Unfortunately, this was not true. The driver & the store did not communicate any updated timing to me. I waited & waited, and was getting worried so I called the driver at 7:45pm asking when he would arrive as I stated that he previously told me that he would arrive around 7:15pm. The driver's response was "so what?". I did not like that attitude and thought that it was rude. I then reminded him that delivery was needed to occur before 8pm, as that's when the condo stops accepting deliveries. The driver's only response was "we are in the area" and then abruptly hung up.
e) At 7:56pm, the driver called me (I do not live with my parents, which I previously told Teletime & driver as well), asking me to ask my senior citizen parents to come down and help him. I told him he could ask the 24/7 condo security/concierge for directions to the delivery elevator and that my senior citizen parents would not help with delivery as delivery was included in the price. That's one of the reasons I picked Teletime.
f) After much stress (for both me & my parents), and pressure from the delivery guy for my parents to pay extra cash, the delivery did happen successfully. However, the driver asked my parents for extra cash to take away the old TV away even though that was agreed upon as part of the pre-paid pricing. I had to call the store who had to try to reach the driver to try to convince the driver to take the old TV away, as per the agreement. The driver told the store that the TV was heavier than expected and that he could not take it away by himself. Once the driver was no longer on the phone with Teletime, he told my parents that he had a co-worker waiting in the delivery truck that could come up and help him take the old TV away but that my parents would need to pay cash for that to happen. Obviously, the driver with his co-worker could physically take the old TV away since he offered to do so (for more cash). He likely didn't expect my parents to tell me about that cash offer and didn't expect me to call Teletime again to complain right away. After much further negotiation between Teletime and the driver, the driver agreed to take the old TV away with help from his co-worker.
g) To make matters worse, on the way out with the old TV, the two delivery people asked my parents if the old TV worked or not (it still worked without any issues), and since it worked, the delivery guys asked my parents for their digital box as well that was used with the old TV. The delivery guys wanted the digital box for free. Luckily, my parents said "NO" as the digital box is a rental from Rogers.
h) The driver then tried to pressure my parents into trying to pay more cash to the delivery driver to install the TV into the stand that came with the TV. He kept telling my parents that installing the TV into the stand is very hard and that if you install it wrong, that the TV will break easily and it voids all warranties. This is not true, as installation into the TV stand is easy. Even JD from Teletime agreed with me that installation was easy & also suggested that my parents install the TV into the stand themselves. My parents were able to install it themselves without any issues. We did not like that "pressure" tactic of trying to extract more cash money from my senior citizen parents.

Hopefully, those delivery issues & lack of communication issues from both the store & delivery people were isolated.

The other issue is that Teletime does not help you select any products even if you give them an idea of what you are looking for. They do not reply to your requests. They only reply once you give them a specific brand & model # that you are looking for and then they will give you a price quote. Perhaps that's how they keep their pricing down, but I would have preferred if they tell me they won't help me with selecting any products rather just "radio-silence" and no communication.

Hamza in Toronto
Hamza in Toronto

Purchase built in appliances

I buy for my new home built in appliances and staff is very professional and sales person sunny helps us to choose right product using now more than month every thing fulfill our requirement good place for shopping .

Simi G in Brampton
Simi G in Brampton

Amazing Store & Service

The staff and stores offer great prices and quality for televisions and appliances. The customer service was better than any other big company I have been to. Warm and friendly atmosphere make their stores a big hit for me and my family. 5-star quality and service. Highly recommend!

Bee in Moncton
Bee in Moncton
1 review Kitchener, ON

Great TV, Great Price, Quickly!

After finding Teletime by the way of the internet I called for some pricing on a TV I had been looking at.

Dave at the Mississauga location helped me out to get the TV I wanted at a competitive price, quickly.

Positive Experience!
Would/will do business with again!

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Frigidaire Professional Refrigerator

Excellent service, speedy delivery and great price!!
We purchased our new refrigerator during the CNE in Toronto, and it was delivered the next day (Sunday of the Labour Day weekend). Customer service was excellent and the price was the most competitive.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Amazing customer service by Prince

I had the pleasure of dealing with Prince from Teletime at the CNE this year. He was very knowledgable and professional. He answered all my questions and took the time to look up details I requested regarding brands and spec. Because of his assistance I felt comfortable in making my purchases.
Thanks Prince!

A Chahal in Etobicoke
A Chahal in Etobicoke

TV and Appliances

I had discovered Teletime a few years back and I can honestly say it is the go to store for all your electronic needs. Always able to find everything I need at the best prices. Staff is both helpful and knowledgeable.

I have purchased both TVs and appliances from their Mississauga and Brampton location. Each experience with them thus far has been smooth. Deliveries were made on time. I really appreciate their customer service as they always do their best to get you what you need. Never have I stumbled upon any trouble here.

Peter in Brampton
Peter in Brampton

Good Price for Appliances

I have been in market for appliances more then 3 months but got mine price from Ranjeet at Teletime in Brampton he is very helpful and knowledgeable person highly recommend them check there price before you buy from market.

Lp in Scarborough
Lp in Scarborough

Horrendous customer service!! Buyer beware!!!

Purchased an item at the CNE and was supposed to have it delivered 2 weeks after purchase date. I took the day off work on delivery day and when the item didn't come in I decided to call to find out what time the delivery would be that day. Spoke to a few different people who promised callbacks with what their magic number seems to be in 30 minutes did not get any call backs. We tried calling the person who sold us the item at the CNE and he also neglected to call us back. We didn't know what was going on. Finally in the evening I found out there would be no delivery that day and will most likely be on Saturday. When I called..... what they call head office.... they said the item was on backorder but will be delivered on the Friday. Of course if it's on backorder how can it be delivered on Friday? When I spoke to the manager he said that the item would come in on Saturday and that they had the fridge in their stock room. Saturday has come and when I call to check the status of the fridge, I was told that I would have to be called back as they look into this, 4 hours later we got a call that our item was not going to come that day. The one they had ordered was the wrong one and promised a new date of delivery being Tues....ha....ya right!!!! We no longer want to deal with company. Demanding a refund. This is absolutely unacceptable. The customer service was horrendous. Broken promises, no call backs when promised and they take zero responsibility in helping their customers. Buyer beware!!!! I will take my hard-earned money elsewhere!! Also beware of fake reviews on their Facebook page!!

More about Teletime Superstores Tv And Appliances

Teletime Electronics Appliances and Furnitutre. We serve all communities. We have lowest prices for brand new goods. We offer free delivery within the GTA. All our products come with a 1- Year Manufacturers Warranty* with the option to extend. Established in 1993, Teletime Superstore has been serving loyal customers for ...
Looking for Electronic Retailers pros in Mississauga?