Toronto Vanity

YORK ON M6N2J1

Reviews for Toronto Vanity

Chris in Stoney Creek
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

I chose Toronto Vanity for their trendy products and great prices. And that's where it ended.

I purchased my vanity in October, and installed it in December. When I picked it up, I was assured by the associate in St.Catherine's that it didn't need to be inspected, as all products are inspected and re-packaged. Well, when I opened it two months later to install it, there was significant scratching and paint loss on the front corner. I called the company and explained this all to them. I was told it had been too long since I purchased, and they could not verify when/where the damage happened and I was out of luck.

On top of that, the instructions that come with the vanity are horrible. The sink clips for the under mount clips did not fit within opening of the vanity - when I told them about this, their reaction was "yea, we know, we don't use the clips".

The vanity itself is made of pressed paper, poor poor quality.

All around, do not recommend. Spend a bit more money and buy from a more respectable company with better quality products.

Btw my 2 stars are for the price only.

WoodbridgeResident in Toronto

This place has absolutely no integrity. Staff are completely incompetent and the entire transaction process is a joke. They never pick up their phone - ever. The one time I got someone on the phone I complained about it and they recommended I communicate to them through email. The staff sound like severely untrained children. They also added a $150 charge to ship to Woodbridge when we live under 15km from their location. To add to the experience THEY SOLD OUR VANITY when we tried to pay in person - again because no one answers emails or picks up the phone.

This is a disgusting place - I've worked in the design industry for over 10 years and I'm truly appalled. No service, class or respect. Stay away.

From someone in the design industry - STAY FAR AWAY.

Jesse from Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

We tried to purchase a washroom vanity from Toronto Vanity. We placed an order online, Toronto vanity called and indicated that our order was ready for pick up. We drove out to Toronto Vanity. (Approx. 1hr) to be told our vanity was in fact not there. We voiced our disappointment and Toronto Vanity responded by including a faucet with our order free of charge. (sounds great right?) We waited another month for our vanity to come in. When it did, we were called to come pick it up. Upon arriving we were told we owed a balance (the cost of the faucet). Toronto Vanity denied ever including the faucet for free, and essentially told us we were fabricating the story with a rather too bad so sad demeanor. We cancelled our entire order, if this is any indicator of how they do business, We're not interested. Stay away from these guys.

We are sorry for Human error on stock counting from our side. It is something that could happen specially with large quantity items. We had over 100 units of the same Vanity that we sold out in less than 2 weeks.
If you look on the banner online, you can actually see that for that sale item, it says: "Offer valid at our Toronto store location only...must be picked up at the time of purchase".
Even that it was a sale offer valid for purchase at the store only, and had to be picked up at the time of purchase, we still accepted your on-line order and were saving the Vanity for you.
Duo to our miscalculation in stock (Human error), we recognized the mistake on our part, so we spent $450.00 in shipping costs and duty to bring your $249.00 Vanity from California to Toronto to make you a happy customer.
The word FREE does not apply in the store, and sales people do not have the authority to give products away for free.
You came to the store with an Invoice with a Faucet and Pop-Up drain with a balance on it (not paid, not free, full price with balance), and demanded to have it for free.
If someone had ever mentioned to you that they would give you a free Faucet and Pop-Up drain, you should have written the person name, and upon receiving your Invoice by email with a balance owing, you should have called right away and speak to the person who presumably offered you a free Faucet and Pop-Up Drain.

NMA in York

Very disappointed with Toronto Vanity's (T.V.) warranty policy - it's basically non-existent. The toilets we purchased have broken after only 1.5 years. This would not be such a big deal if it weren't for the fact that in order to repair them, the toilets have to be ripped out because there is no way to access the plumbing from the outside! We purchased two Aqua One-Piece Dual Flush Toilets w/ Soft Closing Seat and chose them because of the modern design and small water tank (to minimize water use). The pump/fill mechanism broke in BOTH toilets, in the same week indicating there is something faulty with the parts and/or design of this mechanism. We asked Toronto Vanity how they can help, and basically they're not willing to do anything other than replace the parts (which we can get ourselves for ~$15 each). Hiring a plumber will be the biggest expense. Because this is a manufacturing issue, we feel T.V. should be willing to offer something to help cover the cost of the plumber we will need to hire to repair the toilets. New parts are useless unless they are installed properly, and it looks like we have to pay for it ourselves. I don't think T.V. should have to cover 100% of the labour necessarily but, I'm very disappointed that they are not willing/able to offer any assistance with this. If we were at fault of breaking the toilets I would agree that we are fully responsible for the repairs HOWEVER, both toilets broke within 3 days of each other which indicates a manufacturing issue and I do not think we should be held liable to pay for that ourselves. Recommendations: buy a brand-name toilet from a store who can afford to offer a meaningful warranty. The look of these toilets is nice but the quality is clearly sub par. They were made in China, look high-end but are actually very cheap quality. Basically, do not buy a toilet from T.V. period. Their specialty is vanities NOT toilets and the toilets they sell are poor quality and the operating mechanisms are badly designed.

We are sorry to hear about your issue with the Toilets, but we would like to add a few notes:

1. If our Warranty was non existent, we would not try to help or offer FREE replacement parts.

2. We have so much confidence in the quality of the Aqua Toilets, that we have them in the Public Bathrooms of our Showrooms. And keep in mind that they are not "Commercial Rated" Toilets. They are used plenty by our customers, and have been for years, without having issues or clogging.

3. The fact that the fill valve stopped working properly 3 days apart from each other 1.5 years after use, can indicate damage caused by the use of in-tank cleaners. Other brands void warranties in the case of misuse and charge for replacement parts. We did not question misuse and simply offer to help with free replacement parts.

4. Most stores will simply provide you with a 1 800 number to call the manufacturer for your warranty. In some cases you have 30 days to register your product with the manufacturer and must provide original Invoice from where the product was purchased. If fail to register or provide original Invoice, there goes your warranty. We get around all this by trying to help with customer issues and carry all replacement parts.

5. We have sold 1000's of Aqua Toilets to repeated customers over the years we have been in business. If the product was of poor quality, we would not sell it period. We are always extremely busy and do not need the headache of selling poor quality products. Customer service is time consuming and we try to avoid it by selling good quality products.

6. Most issues we have had with Toilets are from Improper Installation (which it seems this was not the case with your Toilets). Unfortunately, most installers and plumbers do not take responsibility for their mistakes and always blame the product.

Once again, we are sorry to hear about your issue and try to help you the best way we can while assisting you with repairs and offer replacement parts. Unfortunately we cannot offer to cover any plumbing costs, as we do not provide installation services.

Feel free to contact us anytime if you need further assistance or if you have not yet repaired the Toilets. We are always here to help.

Shawn and Amy from Toronto

We purchased three vanities along with a couple medicine cabinets and mirrors from Toronto Vanity. After visiting a few places, Toronto Vanity had the best selection and style for the price. All vanities were installed by our contractor and all so far have held up well (albeit after only 5 months of use).
Customer service was good at the store however some items were on backorder and delayed on delivery. I had to go back and pick up the one cabinet on back order as they would not deliver for free a second time.

Dear Shawn and Amy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are glad to hear that you are happy with our service and the products you have purchased from us.

M from Old Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

We purchased the Fresca vanity from Toronto Vanity. Right away the faucet was leaking. I had a hard time reaching Toronto Vanity to take care of the issue. Finally they asked me to send them the email describing the problem so they would forward it to Fresca, and I did. Few days later I didn't hear a word from them. It was hard to reach them. Apparently their email system was down- as I was told days later. No problem- I said, lets move ahead, since we cannot use the faucet. Not so fast - they disappeared again. Its been one week and we still cannot make them forward our email and concern to Fresca. I call, email them - all to no avail. The Customer service is absent at this place. I would not recommend them.

We are sad to hear that you are unhappy with our services. As opposed to other Fresca Dealers, we handle warranty issues ourselves, by forwarding all information to them. WE DID NOT GO ANYWHERE. Our showroom is open Monday to Friday 11am-6pm and Saturdays 11am-5pm. All you had to do was bring the defective Faucet to the store, and we would have replaced it for you, as long as we have stock. We also offer the option of sending us pictures by email, so we can forward to them to Fresca, for the convenience of shipping replacements directly to our customers homes (I believe this was the case).
So please, if you have not yet received a replacement part or have not yet been contacted by us, give us a call DURING BUSINESS HOURS and someone will address your issue promptly.

lucy from Scarborough

Great product, Excellent service!!!
We purchased a vanity set in the wrong size. Exchanged another set hassle-free. Deliveries came in punctual. We are very happy with the product. Highly recommended.

We are glad to hear you are happy with our services. Thank you for your feedback Lucy.

Sandra Guerreiro in Mississauga

We bought 3 Vanities from them. We are very happy with quality, price and customer service. We also got next day delivery! Who else does that?!? Our bathrooms look amazing :)

Thank you for your feedback on this review. We appreciate your input!

1 review ,

I had been looking for a wile for a bathroom vanity at a reasonable price but everything I came across was so expensive!! So a friend of mine recomended to go to www.torontovanity.com and we did. I purchased a modern solid oak vanity set from them and they gave me a free Faucet, pop-up drain and light fixture!!! Not only we bought our vanity at a much better price than anywhere else in Toronto, its also better quality and we still got the free stuff and next day delivey!! Highly recomended guys :)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your input!