Northern Comfort Windows & Doors Ltd

Reviews for Northern Comfort Windows & Doors Ltd

Linda in Barrie
Linda in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

New windows for my home including installation.

My contact with the salesperson and especially the co-ordinator, Amanda were friendly and professional. I really felt that I was more than just a customer. I had an amazing installation team in Paul and Matthew. They were very skilled, friendly, worked smartly and were neat! Shoes came off at the door, drop sheets were used and they vacuumed in all areas where they worked. In this day and age quality like this is hard to find! I would highly recommend Northern Comfort Windows to anyone. :) . Linda

Hi Linda - thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it.

Jamu in Toronto
Jamu in Toronto

Sliding patio doors

Overall a great experience. The door is installed and looks great. Darcy and Dale did a great job and were very courteous and professional and tidied up nicely after too. They ensured all the insulation and trim were done well.

They even adjusted my screen door at the front entrance (unrelated to this project) without even being asked. They just noticed it wasn't working properly and took it upon themselves to fix it for me. Great guys!

Special thanks to Ghazal as well for all her help and patience getting the contract organized. Well done getting it delivered and installed within my tight deadline. Much appreciated!

Private User reviews Barrie, ON

window install

The windows were installed by Andrew from Northern Comfort today. The job was done in a professionally way, clean and quick. I would recommend to other person if they need window renovation

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate it!

Jmagone in Barrie
Jmagone in Barrie

Worst Human Beings I Ever Met

We had a quote done in approximately April. We signed our contract in the middle of June. Windows were measured the same day. We waited patiently i called in August for a update. We were told they were not done still in the process.

End of September rolls around there was a problem with the windows they believed your windows needed to be meausred again as their employee may have done it wrong. They wanted it down several days later i insisted on the same day. Employee was supposed to show up in 20 minutes i would say it took closer to 40 minutes.

I called middle of October around 16 week mark as the contract was for 16 to 18 weeks. At first they told us that we refused the remeasure so the windows were not being made yet. The next person i spoke to said it would be done for the end of October.

I called closer to the end of the month they said it would be another 2 weeks and that it was still close to the timeline. I disagreed and said a couple days after the timeline is acceptable and 2 weeks after is not. That i have two very small children 2 and not even 1 and i can not have my windows torn out in November.

The manager assured me it would be completed October 30. I was satisifed as i threatened to called the government of consumer goods. October 29 came i called and emailed to confirm someone would be over to install my windows the next day. I was told there was an issue that it would be October 31 as they had staffing issues and my 8 windows and patio door would be done in 1 day.

October 31 arrives and employee shows up on his own in the rain and says he would prefer not to do the work. We said fine and he said he would be back on the sunday with 2 other employees to complete all the work. So we waited. Then friday comes at 4pm Friday i was called from a lady in the office told the crew was done work early they would come saturday. We were happy as it was a day early and i was told if they werent coming they would call.

Saturday came no one showed up and no one even called. Luckily we didnt move anything. Sunday came we moved everything. We waited and again no one called no one showed up. I called the man who sold us the windows and left a vague message. He returned my call. I told him what happened no one showed up for the install. We were waiting.

To this day i am still waiting for him to call me and someone to call and reschedule my install. I waited my 30 days and wrote them a letter and demanded my money back from my deposit. I got it all back and now i have washed me hands of these animals.

Hi Jmagone - we've attempted to identify you with the information you have provided, but haven't been able to do so. Can you please call the office so that we can resolve your outstanding issues. Thanks.

Ann Jones from Newmarket
Ann Jones from Newmarket
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Windows and door

We ordered in April and windows were installed in November which was due to green energy fiasco. It was very stressful on our part worrying whether we would get them in time to submit for the rebate. It did not help when our phone messages were not returned which is not very professional. One of our windows grills are not evenly matched. Our door was just installed by Rob Kasper who did a good job and took all the info and photo of our window to report which i thought was very helpful.

Hi Ann - we are sorry that there were issues with your installation. I see that we opened a service ticker for you on Jan 7th. We will do what we can to resolve your issues to your satisfaction.

Guy in Wasaga Beach
Guy in Wasaga Beach
1 review Wasaga Beach, ON

Window Replacements

Andrew and his crew were on time, professional. Replacement went as promised. Crew cleaned up after themselves and left the place in pristine condition. Would highly recommend them to anyone.

Thanks so much for sharing your review Guy - we appreciate it!

Scott in Alcona
Scott in Alcona
1 review Innisfil, ON

Kitchen Window installation

Other than having to wait a really long time for an installation date, everything was great. Installers were very professional and my new window looks fantastic. Would recommend this company

Thanks for the review Scott - we appreciate it. The cancellation of GreenOn did affect our delivery times this year - we are working very hard to restore the timelines from before the program!

Vallery2345 in Barrie
Vallery2345 in Barrie

New patio door

Overall pretty good experience. Had them install a patio door for us. The door quality is good overall. The installation was quick and the install team was quick and clean.

Thank you for your review - we appreciate it!

Renee in Barrie
Renee in Barrie

10 windows replaced

Hi
Please so mot use this company.
I'm going to keep this short. Longer version is on google review
1. Windows were installed Oct 17 ordered May 30.
Installer installed 10 windows that were too small. I questioned several times why they looked small. Different answer every time
2. Office ignored our calls and concerns for 2 weeks
3. Sales rep came to our house and admitted the installercalled the office and manager forsed him to continue installing
4. Install manager came out and agreed windows were a retro fit and needed to be replaced.
5. Told within 2 weeks they would be replaced... false
6. Made a case with Better Business Bureau. Where they came up with every excuse and made stuff up as well.
7. Second date was Nov 28 where only 4 windiws would be fixed out of the 10
8. We have a second order with them as well for doors and more windows. We are refusing that order
9. Mystery writer on BBB gave wrong date of 2nd install they said nov 29. I said no one will be here as we took a vac day on the 28th. The date we booked
10. Andy took another vac day and no one showed up. Our appointment was cancelled with no nitice
11. Manager said nothing he could do. Sorry about the mix up.. installer is on another job. 10 mins later he said installer was sick....
12. Manager agreed to cancel our 2nd order knowing how upset we were. 4 hrs alter he sent Andy an email refusing to cancel.
13. New date is Dec 21 to fix 4 windows. We have contacted Green on and filled a complaint as 4 basement windows were installed over particle board (concrete and particle boarf are never a good idea)
We can not open the basement windows as they are bowed already. And they are not fixing them. Not to mention they are 3 inches all around too small.
Our other windows are wedged to fit with anywhere from 3 to 5 shims and gaps from soray foam not sprayed properly because the foam was cold
We are baffled that they are still in business and will most likely meet everyone in court as we refuse to pay anymore money.

unsatisfied customer in Barrie
unsatisfied customer in Barrie

BAD experience!

Signed contract and paid deposit since August 1 with estimated installation in the 'fall'. Have had absolutely NO response from them until we started emailing in October, given numerous excuses (our windows are in production phase...for FIVE months?) Promises of return calls from their installation team to set up installation date NEVER materialized, even though 'owner' said they would contact us that day.
Very unprofessional company! We still do not have an installation date!

Jan. 19, 2019
Finally 5 months 16 days after initial deposit and signing contract, windows are installed. However, job not completed as installers damaged one of the screen. Wonder how long it will take to get that replacement? Not worth the stress of working with this company again.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. As you have left it without a name, we cannot locate your file. Could you kindly contact us as we would like to go over your experience. I can tell you that as a standard practice - and so we do not waste your time booking & re-booking your install - we only provide you with a date when we have your product in-hand. This year has also been particularly challenging in terms of installation lead times with the cancellation of the GreenOn program, but we are working very hard to restore pre-GreenOn installation times. As I cannot give you an update without your name or order number, please give us a call and we will assist you.

More about Northern Comfort Windows & Doors Ltd

Northern Comfort Windows & Doors is a proud, Canadian, family-owned and operated business.

Established in 1998, Northern Comfort & Windows has now installed thousands of high energy efficient doors and windows throughout York Region and Simcoe County. The staff at Northern Comfort understands your home is your most important investment.

When you choose Northern Comfort for your replacement window and door needs, you can be confident you’ll receive expertly installed windows and doors with a lifetime warranty at reasonable prices.

“WE TREAT YOUR HOME LIKE OUR OWN”