Northern Comfort Windows & Doors LTD

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
556 Bryne Drive Barrie ON L4N 9P6
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Barrie  >  Northern Comfort Windows & Doors LTD
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Northern Comfort Windows & Doors LTD

1 review Simcoe County, ON

After performing some initial research as well as a recommendation from our renovation company (Will Construct By Design), we decided on hiring Northern Comfort to replace our existing door. We drove up to their Barrie office and met a friendly sales person by the name of Greg Flowers. We had pictures of our existing door and home exterior for Greg to view.

Greg took the time to detail to us the various door types and models. I already had seen the Therma Tru line and glass inserts so I had mostly made up my mind for choice. However everything that Greg reviewed with us was spot on and very informative based on my previous research.

My wife and I weren’t totally in agreement on the color or even the glass inserts on the door to this point, so Greg walked through the entire show room with us going over every option of glass insert and sidelight. It was actually ironic that they had a full-wall display of the glass door insert and sidelights that I wanted in the color that my wife wanted. On top of that, the faux brick wall facing that the door was installed in was very close to what our brick exterior looked like, so it was almost as if we were standing in front of our on front entrance!

Upon seeing what the front of our house may look like, I compromised the door color that my wife wanted (burgundy) and she compromised on the glass insert and sidelights that I wanted. Greg sat down and put the order together, provided an estimate and a rough ETA for when the door would be delivered and installed. He also indicated that one of NC’s tech’s would come out to the house to verify the exact door measurements which I had approximately provided to him.

The tech was dispatched the following week or so, but to our dismay the door height was actually TWO INCHES less than a standard door height. This would mean extra cost to cut the door and glass to properly fit, though this was no fault of Northern Comfort obviously. It also led to a rather lengthy delay in terms of the door getting to us. I believe that we had to wait at almost three months for it to arrive from the time that it was ordered.

The crew of two that Northern comfort sent out were friendly, helpful and efficient in getting the old door and casing removed and installing the new door to precise standards. They also took away all the old pieces which saved me a trip to the town landfill.

I’m happy to report though that waiting for our custom-built door to arrive was well worth it! We absolutely LOVE the way this door and sidelights look and are amazed at how dramatically they have improved not only the curb appeal to our house, but it provides added privacy and is definitely more energy efficient than the existing door. I even have grown to like the burgundy color much more! I still will always wonder how it would have looked in my choice of black, but I have no reservation in making the compromise on the color! I should also add that my wife has grown to love my first choice of glass inserts even though they weren’t her favorite. Compromise can be successful.

While the price of the door came in a little higher than I would have liked, the Therma Tru door is a solid piece of the house and I’m sure that is going to save us on energy costs while adding some privacy and really nice curb appeal to our newly renovated home. Based on my overall experience, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Northern Comfort. We’ll most likely be calling on them when it comes time to upgrade some of our windows down the road. I gave 9 out of 10 by deducting for price and delivery time. Other than that, we were very pleased.

Job Price

Thank You for such a fantastic review. We are SO happy that you LOVE your New Door and SideLites. Enjoy...

2 reviews Barrie, ON

replaced the only original window and doors left on my house and it made a world a difference. It took a little long for the products to arrive but the installations crews were fantastic.

Job Price

Northern Comfort apologizes for the delay of your products. We are always trying to improve our business and appreciate the feedback. Our installation crews are some of the best in the business. Thank You for recognizing them. Enjoy your new windows and doors!

George
1 review Sharon, ON

We had windows done in 2015, they look great, work great and add so much curb appeal to our home. New front doors are the cherry on top of the complete look.
Work men, Mark our sales rep and the office staff all are top notch.

Hi George,
We are happy to hear about your positive experience with Northern Comfort and all our staff. Enjoy your New Doors!!

Janet C. in Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

We had two doors installed by Northern Comfort; a new front door and a rear garage door. All aspects of the service they provided was excellent.

Firstly, the assistance we received in the Newmarket showroom when choosing our doors was top notch. We had many concerns about colour and style as we wanted to make sure our selections matched our recent whole-home renovation. Dennis was very patient and answered all our questions. He even came by our house to take preliminary measurements and consult on options.

Next, the door arrived about 4 weeks earlier than promised. The installers were prompt and efficient. Before leaving, they cleaned up thoroughly and made sure we knew how to operate the locks.

Lastly, we received an after-installation call to make sure everything was within our specifications. Luckily, we had no issues to report, but it was still nice to receive follow-up.

Overall, we were more than satisfied with Northern Comfort. We wouldn't hesitate to use them again, or recommend them to family and friends.

Hi Janet,
Thank you for such a pleasant review. We are very happy that you had such a positive experience with Northern Comfort. Enjoy your new front door and your rear garage door!!!

1 review Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

new window were installed. they were quick and very tidy cleaning up after them selves. They came back to finish missed trim without a problem. still waiting for a damaged piece of trim to be fixed.

Job Price

Northern Comfort would like to Thank You for your business and appreciate your feedback. Please call our service department at 705-733-9600 and we will make sure your trim is fixed.

Louise A in
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Poor design for space. Glue left on windows after installation despite request to have it removed. Price reduced by $300.00 to recompense for poor design and subsequent need to replace kitchen tap and curtain rods.
Communication demonstarted lots of blame on others within thhe company before problem solving ensued.
I had to call for info re dates of installation on 3 occasions before setting a date.
Windows seem fine except for glue marks.
Experience was not the 5 star that I expected.

Hi Loiuse,
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than perfect. Northern Comfort appreciates your business and would like the opportunity to service this issue. Please contact our Service Department at 705-733-9600 and we will schedule someone to come out at your convenience.

Marjo in
1 review Barrie, ON

This company is number one in my books, customer service, great sales staff ( Barry) awesome products reliable dependable the best bang for your buck. I will recommend them to all my friends.

Job Price

What a awesome review! Thank you for choosing Northern Comfort for you windows & doors, and for sharing your experience with us!

Betty in Brantford
1 review Brantford, ON

We were very pleased on how fast they installed are windows & Door and the clean up was amazing,We will highly recommend them to anyone who needs windows or doors.

Thank you so much for doing amazing job.

Job Price

Thank you Betty for your review, we are so glad to hear about the amazing experience you had with Northern Comfort, enjoy your new windows and door.

JKolarich in
1 review Barrie, ON

We are quite pleased with the entire process from the visit to the Newmarket sales office through to the final install. We were quite pleased with the service we received while shopping for the doors.
The installation was seamless. The installers were very professional, answered all my questions, showed me all the door features, and cleaned up after the job.

I would not hesitate to recommend Northern Comfort to anyone.
Joe

Job Price

Thank you Joe, for choosing Northern Comfort and sharing your experience. Enjoy all your new doors!

The windows arrived quickly and they turned out to be fantastic and the men who came to install them were just as great. I am very satisfied with everything that Northern Comfort provided.

Job Price

Wonderful to hear your positive experience with Northern Comfort, thank you for sharing!

More about Northern Comfort Windows & Doors LTD

Northern Comfort Windows & Doors is a proud, Canadian, family-owned and operated business.

Established in 1998, Northern Comfort & Windows has now installed thousands of high energy efficient doors and windows throughout York Region and Simcoe County. The staff at Northern Comfort understands your home is your most important investment.

When you choose Northern Comfort for your replacement window and door needs, you can be confident you’ll receive expertly installed windows and doors with a lifetime warranty at reasonable prices.

“WE TREAT YOUR HOME LIKE OUR OWN”