ADT Security Services

Reviews for ADT Security Services

Bob Katz in Toronto
Bob Katz in Toronto

Alarm service

In 2014, ADT purchased Reliance Protectron; since then the service has deteriorated on a continued basis. They installed a new keypad, but it only worked some of the time, so there were unnecessary, false alarms. They replaced it with a slightly better keypad, but we still have false alarms when it won't accept our code.
Twice in the past year, when we were on holidays there were spontaneous, false alarms -- and it is difficult to contact ADT from Europe.
Recently a houseguest who didn't know our password inadvertently triggered an alarm. When they contacted him he explained that he was a guest who didn't know the password and urged them to phone me on my cell. They didn't bother to phone me but just accepted his word. Lucky he wasn't an intruder.
Often when I phone for service I get someone with ADT experience who doesn't know anything about Protectron. And when I leave a message they won't return my call.

Abi954 from Toronto
Abi954 from Toronto

Alarm System monitoring

I recently moved into a home that had an existing ADT system in place. I was told that if I signed a 3 year contract a technician would come in and hook up the already very sophisticated system in the home. From 9 am to 7 Pm the technician was there and when the system was going to be turned on after all this time he said 14 of the sensors dont work and it would cost $1300+ to get it up and running. These guys are the scum of the earth, they are unethical, sleezy and I have no filed a complaint against them on the BBB and the consumer protection act. STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS.

Marie from Riverdale
Marie from Riverdale

Home security servce

I was (the impoerant word being was) a customer of ADT security for my home alarm system for 15 years. When I called to try to make arrangements to transition my system to a new address, I had nothing but trouble. I spent 2 hours on the phone trying to get someone to help me. Despite the number of years I remained loyal to the company, I was treated disrespectfully. Frankly ADT could have cared less about me as a customer! So I am changing to another provider. I would suggest anyone thinking of using ADT stay away.

Quality, Service & Knowledge
Quality, Service & Knowledge
16 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Alarm

Mixed results, very happy when installed but since then calling the central line gets one low price quoted and then local sales comes out and state central line was wrong and quotes a much higher price

Review has 1 previous version
Louie  in Richmond hill
Louie in Richmond hill
4 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Great Alram Company

ADT is the best company when it comes to security. They have a lifetime warranty on all equipment, 36 hour service call response time (try getting those other companies to do that) world class service!! what do you expect? ADT is securing the White house, The Pentagon, and Fort Knox

Katrina Hui in Mississauga
Katrina Hui in Mississauga

Quality support after-hours

This is one of the best home security services that I have received especially for a family that just moved into a house that is pre-setup with ADT Security services. We decided to continue services with them after the incident where the security alarm was beeping even through the midnight. No one in the household could sleep until the beeping noise stops. Even past midnight we have called their service support and was told how to deactivate the beeping sound through troubleshooting the problem supposed indicated through the lights and alarm behaviour.

Shimon in Maple
Shimon in Maple
15 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Private home monitoring ADT

I was with ADT for quite a few years. Their sales team is one of the best. They can probably sell you air in your house and still sound reasonable. The nightmare begins when you need anything from them. Do not believe slogan 'it's good company" or 'oldest company on the market'. In case of security being oldest is not necessary good thing. When they installed my simple system (3 entry doors + patio door + single motion detector) for very reasonable $25/month with 3 year contract it was working few days, then alarm was going off every few days. Every time I called them to fix the "issue" they could not find it, while yet attempted to charge me for the call. Finally, one of the more experienced technicians discovered that original installer put screwed pair of wires inside of the duct. When warm air was going through, contact was naturally broken and alarm was going off. Once that was fixed, we lived in peace for several years unless I switched from Bell phone to VOIP. Strange code FC showed up on the panel, but I did not notice it as nobody called us about problem and system appeared to work ok (at least arm/disarm part) Finally, I got to the internet to check on that code and discovered that FC stands for "failure to communicate" which did not worry me much as sales person promised nothing can break ADT system. In case phone line is cut they will be alarmed right away. Well, that was not true. They don't. If you don't have phone line, they cannot monitor through traditional channels. I called ADT and they quickly acknowledged that there is no phone line, so they cannot monitor and even attempted to "apologize" for not calling me 2 months earlier (well, they did not forget to charge me!) Over phone they first asked if I want wireless "backup" for $200 and $45/month monitoring. When I refused, they offered $200 install of backup plus my current rate. While I still refused, we got into deadlock and I left ADT. Read reviews of others and you will be surprised to find stories about them out there. I won't look back as there are many young energetic companies out there that do job right for fraction of price.

LEONOR in Toronto
LEONOR in Toronto

alarm monitoring

the company is good. They have security alarm and they call you if the alarm is activated and they ask a question and make sure everything and everyone is find. Highly recommend. the customer service is good and the price is ok.

More about ADT Security Services

Find home security and home surveillance products from ADT. Get expert advice, a free home security review, and home security products. Your home security needs will be met with ADT Security System's reliable service & latest technologies.
Looking for Alarm Systems pros in Toronto?