Contracting By Us

Reviews for Contracting By Us

Pierre in Vaughan
Pierre in Vaughan

Rush repair job

I have contacted Marcel the night before with a very prompt response for an emergency fix to hardwood floor damages to the house as we were giving the keys away to the new owners, as I understand that contractors in general are only interested on the big cash jobs and push away the little ones, I had no doubt that Marcel would come through with it, the very next morning before 8am, he was on route personally to look after the incident and fixed very professionally within a couple of hours. I have met many trades people through the years but can assure you that if you are looking for someone that is always prompt on providing an amazing service and care about customers, you most definitely need to call Contracting by us....I have referred Marcel to many people in the past and he always comes on top . Thanks for helping us out!!!!

It's true, general contractor's tend to lean towards the bigger lucrative jobs. Having said this though, you never know what may develop from it. Your customer was appreciative and took our card which may develop into future work. Thank you for thinking of us and glad to have been service.

Private User reviews Milton, ON

Great repairs in a pinch!

Called them in a pinch after a major wind storm ripped shingles off many houses in our neighbourhood. They came back the next day for an inspection and quote, and fixed 9 houses the next day! Fast, cheap, and high quality work.

10/10 would recommend!

Always there for our clients. Thanks for referring your neighbours.

ifolkes
ifolkes

Removed beam between kitchen and family room for one larger space.

Fantastic job! The work was completed within a week and scheduled only the week before. The old beam was removed, the family room popcorn ceiling was removed and the ceiling was skimmed to match the kitchen. The new beam has been sunk into the ceiling.

The cleanup was well done. The rooms look much bigger now.

We would definitely recommend Contracting By Us for anyone looking to do a household renovation and will use them on a future project.

Thank you for your review. We're glad to have been able to quickly complete this project seamlessly and within your timeline. Enjoy your open concept family room and kitchen. Looking forward to working with you again.

a.schoroth
a.schoroth

Finished Basement and installation of home gym and sports simulator.

Our goal was to finish our basement with storage, bathroom, playroom, gym and a sports simulator (which would require digging down) We contacted several renovation companies regarding this project and decided to go with Marcel at Contracting By Us. We were very impressed with his ideas and professionalism; he was also very easy to work with. Marcel took care of absolutely everything. This was a long and very difficult project due to dig down (underpinning etc) and size of the space. Marcel constantly updated us on each phase. Each person involved in the project was courteous and professional and the quality of the workmanship and the materials used were top notch. We are absolutely delighted with the finished space; our only regret was not doing it sooner. We would not hesitate to recommend him for any home renovation project.

It was totally our pleasure to work with you both to bring your amazing basement to fruition. It's always great when our customers know what they want, and have a clear vision. Looking forward to working with you again in the future.

Private User reviews Grimsby, ON

Basement Renovation Done Right

Marcel and his team did a great job with our basement. After confirming a couple of items that were missed, Marcel made things right. We had an issue with a crack in the drywall on the ceiling that Marcel came back and fixed himself about 9 months later. We would recommend CBU.
Thanks for a great job!
Cleve and Michelle

Thank you for your review. Our goal is to make all our customers happy with our service. It was our pleasure to revisit and catch up while we completed the warranty issue. Wishing you both our best, Marcel

Micheal
Micheal
6 reviews Burlington, ON

Love my Basement!!!

Had Marcel and team at Contracting By Us finish my basement in Milton. I am absolutely thrilled with how it turned out. Quality of materials and construction was second to none. I've have hosted friends and family over a number of times and people can't get over how beautiful the space turned out. Marcel was very helpful and provided excellent advice when planning. His estimates and timelines were bang on. I had a number of specific custom elements added like a home theatre with in-wall (mounted behind screen) speakers, projector, custom home gym and a play area/house for my son. Everything turned out perfectly. I can honestly say it my favourite part of my house! Finally everyone on Marcel's team was so professional and courteous. From construction to electrical to paint - they were ALL exceptional.

Thank you for trusting Contracting By Us for your basement finishing. Hope you enjoy it for years to come. Wishing you and your family all the best. Marcel

Jen from Milton
Jen from Milton
3 reviews Milton, ON

Basement reno

This is the second time we used Marcel and team at CBU, this time to finish the basement in our new house. The team does quality work and is very professional. They keep the area clean. We had a couple of concerns after they finished and they were out almost immediately to rectify and uphold the warranty. We've recommended them to several friends, and all who have used them have been super pleased!

As families grow, needs change. It's always a pleasure getting called back to work with past customers. It shows trust and reasures our commitment to providing quality service. Enjoy your basement and thank you for allowing us to contribute to your families growth.

Rickdacosta in Oakville
Rickdacosta in Oakville

Found our Contractor for LIFE

Let me preface this story with a little bit about my background;
Ive spent 15 years working in Customer service, 10 years in Hospitality where I left off as Director of Guest Services in one of the biggest Toronto Hotels, and now 5 years in Banking as a Branch Manager and now Vice President.

I bring this up to note how important customer service is to me, and yet how hard it can be to impress me due to the fields I have experience with. Let me say, I never knew a Contractor was capable of providing 5 star service UNTIL l I met Marcel and his team at Contracting by us.

Me and my wife were looking to renovate out basement in Oakville to primarily create more space for our 4 year old son and 2 year old Daughter. We were at a point where we were out growing our house and needed to create a play area for the kids.

Contracting by Us was NO referral, we actually had never heard of them. I searched Contractors on the internet and stumbles across this site HOMESTARS. It was here where we Found Marcel's company. We liked the reviews but we also liked 2 other company's we found on here, so we decided to invite 3 contractors out to our house to supply a quote and share some ideas.

Now there was nothing wrong with the other 2 Company's but 2 things really stood out about Marcel when he visited our house;

1. Knowledgeable! When we had spoken to the other 2 contractors we shared our ideas and they told us great would look good and would build it into the Quote. When we shared out idea with Marcel, he was realistic with us although very polite. He informed us why some of our ideas would not work, whether it be due to space, water meters, ventilations systems, or cost of Beams...right from there we knew this man had experience and was not going to just tell us what we wanted to hear.

2. Connection; Marcel is a very genuine person who demonstrates that from his first visit, he stated I do every home as though its my home...this was proven later on. He connected with our children, some people might be annoyed with a 2 and 4 year old interrupting conversation but he actually enjoyed their company, to the point where we knew we would feel comfortable with this man in our house.

A few days later Marcel provided his quote and told us there will be no hidden costs, we don't go over the quote unless the customer decides to add different materials or add anything else on...this was again proven later on.

Marcel provided us with a full schedule, each day and time specific Trades would be arriving...let me tell you they definitely stick to the schedule. This was very important to us with 2 young children, we didn't want the reno to extend any longer then necessary, his accuracy was unbelievable.

Once the work began we met "Manny" Manny was essentially at our house everyday for the entire Reno...my son still asks about Manny. Manny is not only one of the hardest working individuals you will ever meet, but such an enjoyable presence who also connected with our children. Manny built our children a play house in the basement, a play house that is the awe to all of our friends and family, and the joy of our 2 children. Thank you Manny.

Everyday whether or not Marcel actually had to be at our house, he came to ensure the trades had arrived, checked on the status of their work, and asked us if we had any questions, comments or concerns.

The workspace was always kept extremely clean to the point you barely knew they were there. Our house did not appear as a construction zone, they clearly treated our place as though it were their own.

Finally once the work was done, Marcel surprised us with a customer name plate for our Children's play house, and a final bill that lived up to his promise from the beginning that we would not be going over the initial quote.

I felt compelled to share our story here as I assure you anyone looking for a contracting company, this is the team to go with. Any future plans we have we wont be looking anymore, we found our contractors for life.

Thank you so much for your kind words and trusting Contracting By Us for your basement renovation and kids playhouse. We truly enjoyed every minute of your project. You have a great family and we are glad to have made a difference.

Our goal is to deliver on the three points most clients complain of; Quality, on Time and on Budget. This has been our keystone for 18 years of success with our clients.

Wishing you and your family all the best, Marcel

Colin and Vivian in Toronto
Colin and Vivian in Toronto

Basement reno, power room and office

We had CBU finish our basement, powder room and office recently, (spring/summer 2016)

We had numerous contactors quote but we felt best with Marcel and his commitment to the project. All work done was very competently and at most times timely, outsourcing of all contracting work occurred.

Overall, great job on the basement, powder room and office. Would I recommend CBU, I would not..... As be aware of warranty issues once the bill is paid, (CBU) Marcel will state wear and tear, not workmanship and thus you are left to your own to correct issues.

Be aware of improvements not to contract, the upsizing is cost probative, many contractors look to make their money on the upside.

I truly enjoyed working with you, Vivian and Colin on your bathroom, office, mud room and basement renovation.

More about Contracting By Us

Contracting By Us specializes in basement finishing, starting with your ideas,  wish lists and a clear budget, your dream basement renovation will come to reality. Contracting By Us has been remodeling basements since 1998 and guarantees quality on time and on budget.  Even though basements renovations usually take an average company two months, Contracting By Us renovates most basements in 3 weeks. Whether your basement construction project is an open concept, theatre room, nanny suite, home gym,  or kids play room, we at Contracting By Us can help you with any basement idea or ideas.  Our trades are masters at turning your unfinished space, or remodeling your outdated basement to the basement oasis you always dreamed your basement could be. We service Milton, Oakville, burlington, Mississauga, Brampton and Tronto Ontario.  Call us at 905-616-1628 or 416-579-5050 for a free quote and please visit us at www.contractingbyus.com

What makes us different.

Tired of promises that are not delivered? Budgets that are not kept.? Time tables that are later changed? Inexperienced trades? Or other surprises?
What makes CONTRACTING BY US different from other contractors is we offer a service that delivers a scheduled, organized and on budget project every time.

Finished basements, bathroom renovations, kitchen renovations, home renovations, historical renovations, interlocking patios and decks, sub-contracting to licensed trades when needed