Skylight Installation & Repair
& Roofing - Service areas - Vancouver - Burnaby - Richmond - New Westminster 604.803.2808
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Vancouver  >  Stormrider Roof Repairs

Reviews for Stormrider Roof Repairs

Harry
Harry
1 review Burnaby, BC

Skylights Replacement

Recently Malcolm replaced 3 old skylights for me and installed 3 new Columbia skylights. He is professional and very nice. He easily found out problems and offered solutions . I’m very satisfied with his quality job and would recommend Stormrider to others.

glenayre owner
glenayre owner
2 reviews Port Moody, BC

skylite replacement

Malcolm gave me a full quote and explanation of the replacement process for a custom size skylite on a Tuesday. On Thursday the replacement was completed including an inspection and minor repair of the roof and flashings around the unit.

I am very satisfied with the quality of work and value for this replacement and would recommend Stormrider to other potential clients.

Mark in Richmond
Mark in Richmond
1 review Richmond, BC

Repair and replace skylight with leak and condensation issues

Malcolm did a top notch job and made sure I was informed beforehand and every step of the way. He showed me with demo parts and pictures what was being done and the end result is fantastic. He really cares about the client, doing the job right the first time, and took extra time to make sure everything was perfect; he even repaired holes and roof tiles near my skylight so water has no chance of getting in. Totally satisfied!

Thanks Mark for your great review.
Stormrider Roof repairs

Paul in Vancouver
Paul in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Quality inspection services

Malcolm came by on short notice to inspect my tile roof, gutters, and skylights. He thoroughly impressed me with his attention to detail and depth of experience in identifying and offering solutions to a number of issues with each aspect, many of which I wasn't even aware existed. I found him honest and straightforward, and thanks to his recommendations, I will be considering more extensive renovations from a better informed perspective. I would not hesitate to use his services again in the future.

Khen in Vancouver
Khen in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

skylight replacement and attic vent installation on tile roof

My skylight flashing has been leaking over the years and has several repairs, but still leaks. Malcolm recommends to remove the skylight and redo the entire flashing with his proven method of water proofing. Due to the age of the 30 year old skylight, during removal it could crack the seal. He give me a good price to replace the skylight and he would provide warranty for the whole package. The work was professionally done and took pictures along the way. I was happy with his work and asked him to install 4 attic vents to cool the roof during hot summer days. It took no time for him to do a proper job as he knows the procedure very well.
I highly recommend him to do any roof , skylight and roof vent repair and installation.

Krista in Port Moody
Krista in Port Moody
1 review Port Moody, BC

Vent removal and roof patch

Malcom came out in the rain and quoted me at a much better price than any other company. Quoted for the removal of a small vent in my roof. He fit me in quickly and did great work. One of the other roofers we had quote us removed a shingle to match it for colour and had temporarily put in an unmatched shingle, but never came back with our shingle. Malcom noticed the colour difference (we never would have!) and replaced it for us. He even sent us a photo of the vent after he had brought it to recycling so we knew it was properly disposed of. He did a great job at a great price. I would hire him again for future roofing repairs.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Water leak

He came out on short notice in the pouring rain, inspected our roof and tracked down a leak to a improperly sealed window. Very impressed with the speed and thoroughness with which he worked.

Les from Vancouver
Les from Vancouver
7 reviews Vancouver, BC

skylight replacement

Malcolm replaced 2 bathroom bubble skylights for me a couple months ago. He did a great job and and his price was quite a bit lower than the other contractor. I called him up today to see if he could recommend any contractors that did Tbar skylights, which he himself didn't really work on. He pointed me in the right direction and gave me some helpful advice. Malcolm is a very nice guy who works hard and is very honest!

ky sakamoto
ky sakamoto
1 review Grafton, ON

Skylight replacement

I had Malcolm replaced the skylight which was leaking really badly in our kitchen more than 2 years ago. He recommended one of the most E efficient skylight for us. Not only we were so happy with the choice and his workmanship, we had him come to replace our 3 other skylights a year ago which were starting to leak in our living room. Not only he replaced them; but he redid the alignment on the roof and replaced new shingles on the roof around the skylights. It has been more than a year now and we have never had a problem since. Solid and secure.
Great Job! Malcolm. Thank you. K Y Sakamoto

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Roof repairs

I'm glad I phoned Malcolm to repair my tile roof. The 1st roofer came & reported that the leak was caused by poor skylite installation. I had the skylite completely replaced. After a heavy rain, it leaked at the same spot again. I phoned Malcolm. He came & explained that if the leak was not from the skylite, it could be from the valley. And he was right. After couple heavy rains, the leak was sealed. I will recommend him to my friends.

Thanks for your great review... It's unfortunate that you didn't call me first and had to experience dealing with so many unqualified contractors.... It all started with a leak in your dining room, you called a restoration company and they cut open large areas of your ceiling and tell you it's not a plumbing issue, no bathroom up there anyways, then they refer you to a roofer and bill you.
... roofing company inspects the roof and tells you the skylight is the source of the leak, even though that skylight was in the next room. another invoice.
... skylight company arrives and replaces the skylight and a second skylight on the other side of the house... invoice.
................ Then it rains... STILL LEAKING THE SAME !
Call the skylight company back and they are on holiday and can't send anybody for 1 week.
.... So, now i get the call and i'm the 4th contractor to look at this. I go to the dining room and shine a flashlight up through the large hole cut in your ceiling and can see the roof valley directly above the container that is collecting rain water. This area is over 10 feet from the skylight. I now inspect the the roof and discover that there are holes in the roof tile underlayment below the metal valley flashing. Debris was causing rain water to divert under the tiles and the underlayment was eroded from extended overflow.
.... Tiles were removed, debris was removed, metal valley flashing removed... new roof tile underlayment installed, new metal valley installed and existing roof tiles reinstalled...It has now been heavy rain tested and problem is solved. Stormrider Roof Repairs

More about Stormrider Roof Repairs

: STORMRIDER ROOF REPAIRS ---
Expert workmanship with reasonable prices.
Over 20 years experience in all types of sloped roofing.

Asphalt Shingles - Cedar Shakes - Concrete Tiles.

--- SKYLIGHT REPAIRS & INSTALLATIONS ---
Metal Flashings - Attic Venting - Rain Gutters - Roof Leaks.

Wildlife Control for Raccoons and Squirrels only.
- Tel: 604.803.2808