Clarified Home Inspections

Best of 2019 winner 2 timesBest of 2019winner 2 times

Reviews for Clarified Home Inspections

Private User reviews Newmarket, ON

Home Inspection

I've used Shawn to complete two home inspections and the results have been excellent. He is very reliable and his reports have been extremely helpful to me. He is very detailed oriented, and I would definitely recommend him to anyone that needs a good report.

Thank-you so much for the feedback on the service. My goal is to provide the highest quality service. I am very happy to hear you were pleased. Call me anytime. Best. Shawn

Tk in Newmarket
Tk in Newmarket

Home/WETT inspection

Shawn did a great job. Took the time to explain his findings and offer advice where necessary. Very knowledgeable and personable. His reports were extremely timely and detailed. I would highly recommend him.

Hi Guys, I was happy we could get a quick turn around for you WETT and home inspections. It is great to hear that you were satisfied with the service. If I can be of service in the future please do not hesitate to contact me. Best. Shawn

Alex in Newmarket
Alex in Newmarket
1 review , ON

Last Minute Call

I placed an offer on a home, secured financing and booked my home inspection for Saturday afternoon. On Saturday morning i received a call from the home inspector telling me he is unable to make due to minor injury, which was extremely discouraging as it was a last minute cancellation and and my conditions were due to expire Monday with not much time to waste.

This is when I found Shawn on HomeStars. I called him around 10am Saturday morning and left a message believing there would be no chance anyone will call me back. To my surprise, he called me back within minutes telling me he had a cancellation and that he would love to help me out. As far as I was concerned, this was a miracle because I was left with no other options.

Aside from the fact that he saved the deal for me and assisted me while I was down. He was on time (early), courteous, patient, knowledgeable, empathetic, polite, receptive and generally a nice human being. I would highly recommend his services to anyone looking for a quality inspection.

I forgot to mention that he advised that the report would be available for review that same evening. Not surprisingly, i received the report that same evening, which was extremely detailed with pictures, depictions, arrows, statements and highly useful information to support my decision about the property or gain leverage in negotiating with the seller ;-)

I was happy to help you on short notice Alex. I am glad that you were satisfied with the service. let me know if I can ever be of service in the future. best. Shawn

Kirsten  in Newmarket
Kirsten in Newmarket

Tarion Home Inspection

We are so grateful that we chose Shawn to help us with our Year End Tarion Inspection. Shawn was diligent both inside and outside to notice defects that we never would have known about. This will save us money years down the road, and for that we are grateful! From items such as incorrect vents used, posts not properly secured, to inadequate insulation, Shawn doesn't miss a thing!

Kirsten, I was happy to help you with your Tarion Warranty Inspection. If I can be of further service in the future do not hesitate to ask. Best. Shawn

Home inspection

The gentleman that came to our house was very thorough with his inspection, and with explaining everything to us all while going through the house. His inspection report that was emailed to us was easy to read, and understand. I definitely will be hiring him again for future purchases.

Thankyou so much for the feedback. I will be happy to help you in the future. Call me if you ever have questions or if I can be of further service. Best. Shawn

Sharon Kimberley from Markham
Sharon Kimberley from Markham

Home inspection

Shawn has completed the home inspection for 2 properties that I have purchased, was very thorough and produced an extensive report that can be used again and again for home maintenance tips. The first house he inspected was a new build, that I suspected had issues, which he confirmed. From the lack of the correct amount of insulation to many other problems, I had a detailed list to give to the builder to fix. My next house was an older home. He correctly spotted basement cracks that needed repair. As I was doing a complete basement reno, I was extremely grateful to know to have those fixed prior to the reno starting.

All in all, I highly recommend Shawn as a home inspector.

Hi Sharon, I have been happy to help you on your two home inspections. It always good to know the condition of your home before you take on a reno. I am glad to hear you were satisfied with the service. If I can be on any assistance in the future, do not hesitate to call me.

Ryan duncan  in Newmarket
Ryan duncan in Newmarket

Home inspection

Amazing service and amazing attention to detail saved me from a disaster of a house! Absolutely recommend to anyone! Saved me 40-60 thousand dollars. I will be using this service for the future thanks again Shawn!!

Ryan, Thank-you so much for the feedback on the inspection service. I am sorry we found so many problems with the house but I am glad you were not surprised by them and could make an informed decision. Call me for help anytime. Shawn

Rowzell in Toronto
Rowzell in Toronto

Exceeded our expectations! Worth the investment!

We hired Shawn to do an inspection on an old house that we were planning on buying in Barrie. Shawn went above and beyond in providing us the best service - he inspected every inch of the house inside and outside, and took his time to make sure he saw and checked everything. He was extremely thorough, detailed and knowledgeable. He found things in the house that we would have never thought to look at. His expertise and attention to detail was exactly what we were looking for in an inspector. He provided us a extremely detailed 80+ page report of the inspection (along with diagrams, pics and recommendations as well) by the following morning! As a result of the inspection findings (the problems found in the house), we were able to re-negotiate on the price and was able to knock off thousands of more dollars to our final purchase price! We couldn't be more happier with Shawn, and we would definitely go back with him again for future purchases.

Rowzell, I am so happy to hear to that you were happy with the service! Please let me know if I can help you in the future. Best. Shawn

Debbie in Cameron
Debbie in Cameron
1 review Cameron, ON

Home and Property Inspection

The inspection done for us was amazing, It was detailed and pictures taken were great. The report was done very professional and was top notch. I would highly recommend this company any time

Debbie, I am happy to hear you were happy with your commercial building inspection report. Please let me know if I can be of any service in the future. Best. Shawn

Pre-purchase home inspection

Shawn was friendly, thorough and gave me a very comprehensive report of the property and great advice. I would recommend this company if yiu want a thorough home inspection done!

Hi Julius, Thank you so much for the feedback. I sent you a referral for a contractor as you had requested. If you ever need me in the future, pleas edo not hesitate to ask. Best. Shawn

More about Clarified Home Inspections

Clarified Home Inspections provides comprehensive inspections of residential and commercial properties.

Inspections are performed by a licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) and a Registered Home Inspector (RHI) with the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors.

Services Offered:
- Pre-Purchase Inspections
- Pre-Listing Inspections
- Building Maintenance Inspections
- Tarion New Home Warranty Inspections (PDI, 30 Day, 1yr, 2yr, 7yr)
- Commercial Building Inspections
- WETT Inspections
- Thermal Imaging Inspections (Thermography)