Sky High Roofing Inc.

Snow Removal
Ottawa ON K2P 1L4
Snow Removal
Sky High Roofing Inc.

Reviews for Sky High Roofing Inc.

Roof

This is the second time that I have used Skyhigh Roofing. The first was 16 years ago.
I highly recommend them. The crew was fantastic , punctual and did a great job cleaning up.
There was a bit of delay due to the pandemic but they came out and ensured that the roof was secured for any possible leaks.
Great job and follow up!

Sapna and Ethan Sinclair
Sapna and Ethan Sinclair
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

We had Sky High Roofing come and do our roof and they went above and beyond to complete the roof. They were on time, and budget. They were clean and thoroughly cleaned every day. They were kind and transparent. And best of all - economical. We highly recommend them. Ethan and Sapna Sinclair

lelouis in Ottawa
lelouis in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Chimney takedown

I hired SkyHigh to remove a crumbling brick chimney from our roof. They gave a competitive quote and then showed up within the timeframe they had given me.
They tried to remove the chimney but came across some problems with the concrete end cap. The crew tried different things to get the job done but in the end it was too dangerous to proceed since the chimney was crumbling under their efforts. Marc wrote me a report with details and photos to explain the situation. He suggested masons with scaffolds would be better equipped to do the job safely. I really appreciated this level of honesty and professionalism. They even returned the deposit. I would definitely recommend this company and will keep them in mind for future projects.

Person in Ottawa
Person in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Terrible Snow Removal Service

Do not hire this company for snow removal services. The service was so terrible, I felt the need to inform others. We paid $650 for a service that rarely came and cleared our snow. When they did, the area was left in worse shape than what started out. They often wouldn't come until days after a storm and their customer service continuously made excuses for their lack of work and punctuality. They were a complete nightmare to deal with.

Sophia in Markham
Sophia in Markham

Awful service

Brutal company. Broke my ankle after they failed to come clear snow for days after a storm. My neighbours and my boyfriend did most of the shoveling this winter when they didn’t come time and time again. Scraped the side of my neighbour’s house with their plow. Awful customer service- rude and unprofessional.

Snow removal

2nd year with this company. What a mistake. due to health issues I reguire snow removal. Went with this company because they offered 2.5-5 cm snow removal. The other company that services this area did not. This company is inefficient. Honouring their contractual commitment is a hit and miss. Timeliness is an issue. Communication not thier finest feature. No problem in time management when it comes for ensuring the payment is charged speedily. Unfortunate that these companies are territorial. I had a fantastic service previously but unfortunately they decided to not service my area. I would not recommend Skyhigh Snow Removal. I contracted Skyhigh in good faith. Big mistake.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

DO NOT HIRE...BAD COMPANY

We have sky high snow plowing service for our low rise apartment building.
They show up late in the evening, when all tenants are at home and the lot is full of cars.
They drive through once and don't return to follow up.

They are also required to clear sidewalks and steps, we have to call them over and over again after every snow fall to remind them of work to be performed.

I would never, ever recommend sky high to anyone for any kind of work, ever.

Stay Away....very poor service

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Roof Vents installed with no holes underneath

AVOID THIS COMPANY. I contracted with Sky High to have my roof re-done (for $10,000), including the installation of 2 venmar vents. 2.5 years later, my contractor opened up the back attic and discovered that there was no hole in the roof. He went out and bought a vent in order to install it, then noticed that there was ALREADY a vent on the roof. Sky High had installed a vent without making a hole in the roof beneath it. When I called Sky High, my story was not taken seriously and I was told that the roofer in question had denied having installed a vent with no hole underneath. I sent photos showing the problem. The second installed vent had an inadequately small hole, apparently chopped with an ax, roughly. I guess the roofers had forgotten to bring a saw that day, and couldn't be bothered to properly install the vents so as to actually provide ventilation. Owner of the company refused to reimburse my modest costs-thrown-away (contractor buying vent and having to return it; he perversely faulted my contractor for not looking outside to see if there was a vent there upon seeing NO HOLE in the attic roof!). He merely said "accidents happen" - but how does a roofer "accidentally" install a vent on a roof with no hole underneath? Sadistic notion of customer service.

Very late and still nothing

So 2018 Feb 4th, we got a lot of snow last night and today. It’s about 10:30 at night I have work tomorrow and send my kids off to school and I had to park my car on the road side because Skyhight still has not came to remove any snow. I have been going to the door every 20 minutes when I hear a truck pass by ALL DAY!! NO JOKE ALL DAY...Thinking to my self “of course it’s not Sky high”! It’s worry free back to do my neighbours laneway for the second time today!!!!! MAD FACE! like come on. You would think YOU SKY HIGH would come during the day when cars are NOT PARKED IN THE DRIVE WAY! but nope you want to come when people are in bed and can’t move their cars? HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE!
I think they would be a really good snow removal company if they just made this one change. The women that answers the phone during the day is very nice to talk too. A lot of the men driving the trucks are also nice. Just this one BIG change would make a lot of people happy I bet!

Hello and thank you for your review. We have been in business serving people in Orleans/Ottawa since 1985. During our 33 years in business, we have learned to listen to customer demands. 99.9% of our snow customers want us to aim clearings for 2 times in the day; 7 am and 5 pm. We regret if these times do not work for your schedule. This past storm, it snowed consistently for over 30 hours and brought 15 cms of snow. On Sunday morning, there was only 5 cms down as per Env Can. Snow fall continued throughout the day. All routes were serviced by 7 am on Monday morning so people could get out to work. Tractors ran again during the day while people were at work to clear the rest of the driveways. Please refer to the terms of the service and remember how to use your level of service. If you are a Basic customer, you can call us back to your site once within 24 hours of the snowfall ending. If you are a Platinum customer, your have unlimited recalls to remove the city ridge etc. There are 3 easy ways to find out when we are dispatched and service plans. 1. Follow us on Facebook at Sky High Roofing and Snow or Twitter @skyhighroofing; 2. Join our email alert from our webpage at www.skyhighroofing.com; 3. Call us at 613-521-4444 and listen to the message. Also, generally, when we are plowing, phones are answered from 5 am to 10 pm. We trust this clears it all up for you and here's to an excellent rest of the winter.

Looking for Snow Removal pros in Ottawa?