Friendly Fence

Reviews for Friendly Fence

Judith, N.
Judith, N.

Fence repair

I was looking for someone repairing a couple of panels of my fence and two gates to my backyard. I called a couple of companies and was told that they didn't do small repairs but only whole fences. I found Cole through his website. He came by the next day to have a look around and give me an estimate. He was easy to talk to and answered all my questions. He built all the panels from scratch since he couldn't use any pre-made ones. I'm very happy with the work he has done.
He was very open to consider other jobs in my backyard and I will contact him again once I'm ready to move forward with these projects. I would recommend him to anybody who needs work done in their yards!

Hi Judith Thank you for the wonderful review!
It was a pleasure to do that project for you. T'was a snowy few days, but good for me. Of course I will never offer prefabricated panels but only custom build everything. I look forward to building your shed when you are ready. Cheers!
Cole

CKT
CKT
1 review Burnaby, BC

Gate & fence repair

I needed a gate built at the side of my house, too 'small' of a project for most, but Cole was one of the very few who was willing to take this on. His website contained many samples of custom made gates and fences so it was easy to pick out something specific that I wanted, which was very convenient and helpful.

Throughout my communication with Cole, I could tell that he really knew the trade. But more impressive to me was his professional and courteous attitude, prompt follow-up, integrity, and attention to detail. He was very clear, detailed, prompt and patient in answering my questions, explaining things, providing info and the estimate, and understanding and accommodating my requests.

Not only did he just complete what was agreed to, he went beyond and helped with a couple of issues in our yard that came up. I am very pleased with the overall quality and results of his work and skills, but especially appreciative of the care, attitude and behaviour he displayed from the very beginning to the end. Communicating and dealing with Cole was in every way smooth, pleasant, as advertised and backed up with action.

It is a pleasure to create custom gates and fences Most of all to do it for such great customers like yourself and your family Caleb. I hope to be able to assist you with future projects. Thank you for your trust and
the mindful review.

JP in North Vancouver
JP in North Vancouver

Beautiful Gate Beyond my expectations

I had a very good experience with Cole (AKA Friendly Carpenter), he made an astoundingly beautiful gate for us. Although it is interior to our small commercial building so it doesn't get the visibility of an outdoor installation but I never fail to get complements on it from anyone who comes into the building. I highly recommend Cole, he really delivers and exceeded my expectation which was already high. He is very thoughtful in his approach to the solving the problem and has some real skills that show in his end product. I can't say enough good things about his work. JP

Wow. So kind! I very much enjoyed the project. It will be a pleasure to assist you again. I might also be able to visit with you on the mat in the Aikikai Dojo. Thank you for everything!

Theresa K.
Theresa K.
1 review Vancouver, BC

Front yard rebuild fence

Our front yard fence needed to be rebuilt as it had broken apart from the windstorm,we called and Cole responded promptly with a reasonable quote and the fence was fixed the next day,quick service & great work done,would definatley use again if needed and would refer to anyone.

Theresa Thank you for the nice review. I very much look forward to being of assistance again. All the best... Cole

Amalea
Amalea
1 review Burnaby, BC

Fix fence post

Cole is super nice and very easy to communicate with. He's also punctual and the quality of work done is excellent! The windstorm caused our fence post to tilt, and we worry that it will collapse on to our neighbour's property. Unlike other companies that declined the work because it's "too small", Cole agreed to do the work and fixed it quite quickly. We will definitely contact him again for future carpentry work.

Dear Amalea and Maria It was really nice to meet you. The long drive was worth it. I hope to see you again to assist with any outdoor carpentry project. Thank you for the nice testimonial.

Private User reviews North Vancouver, BC

Competitive price and considerate service

In fall 2018, I asked Friendly Fence to come quote a back stair replacement (rotten stringer) and to take a look at my back fence and gate. While his portfolio includes some beautiful work, Cole respected that I was on a budget for this project. He proposed a plan that optimized for function and cost, rebuilt the steps for a competitive price, and made adjustments to my back gate to get it working well enough that I could postpone the fence rebuild until my bank account was ready.

What stood out was that Cole hit a great balance between friendly and professional throughout the job, and also went above and beyond by helping me out with an assortment of thankless tasks related to the work that weren't directly required and definitely weren't much fun.

Overall, a good guy doing good work for a fair price.

Thank you very much for your generous review. Too bad they were not able to post your entire statement. However the selected highlights are great anyways. I look forward to rebuilding that fence when you are ready. - Cole

gloria
gloria

Arbor Replacement

My experience with them was professional, on time, on budget and incredibly tolerant of my indecisions, especially when
it came to colour. To all who are contemplating an outdoor construction project, be it a fence, arbor, deck of "Canine Chalet",
I heartedly recommend "Your Friendly Fence Company".

Gloria
Thank you so much! I very much enjoyed creating the arbor for you in keeping with the original design. You have been so very kind an generous.
I hope to see you again.

R S Walden in Vancouver
R S Walden in Vancouver

Great Fence

Cole put in a fence for me in August of 2006 and after 12 years its still in perfect condition. All I have done is kept the wood stained to protect it. Cole uses good material and his craftsmanship and work ethic are 10 out of 10 ! So I thought people should know he builds for durability. Very pleased !!

Mr. Walden it was so great to see you again. I was happy to see the 8'tall fence in such great condition after all the years. Great job maintaining it! All the best to you and Patricia.

cowell.stephen
cowell.stephen
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Back yard fence to contain our new best friend.

The friendly fence man, Cole, did an excellent job, making my garden look contained by a beautiful landmark. Cole did what he said he would do, as he said he would do it.

It was a pleasure doing these projects for you Stephen. I very much look forward to visiting again. Thank you for your trust.

SS
SS

Great fence and arbors

Cole did a great job despite some very unfriendly winter conditions. We are very pleased with our new fence and I can't wait to grow some greenery through our new arbors.

Dear SS
It was truly a pleasure to create that for you. We had to be careful not to block any street signs and visa versa. I look forward to the nex phase. Thank you!

More about Friendly Fence

Fence contractor offering residential or commercial standard or custom built fences, artistic gates, gazebos, and more to North Vancouver, West Vancouver and Burnaby. Owned and operated by Cole Harvey, an approachable, mindful, tidy, versatile, one man operation.
Specializing in construction of creative fences, standard or special gates, decorative arbors and gazebos, Wood or composite decks or any outdoor carpentry project. No project is too small or insignificant. Available for projects in summer, winter and in most any weather conditions.
"My intention is to create more than just a product; I want my clients to enjoy excellent workmanship
for many years to come." Please visit our web site:www.friendlycarpenter.com
Please call Cole Harvey for more details or a free estimate 778 386 3201.