Fences & Gates

Amalea
Amalea
1 review Burnaby, BC

Fix fence post

Cole is super nice and very easy to communicate with. He's also punctual and the quality of work done is excellent! The windstorm caused our fence post to tilt, and we worry that it will collapse on to our neighbour's property. Unlike other companies that declined the work because it's "too small", Cole agreed to do the work and fixed it quite quickly. We will definitely contact him again for future carpentry work.

Dear Amalea and Maria It was really nice to meet you. The long drive was worth it. I hope to see you again to assist with any outdoor carpentry project. Thank you for the nice testimonial.

Private User reviews North Vancouver, BC

Competitive price and considerate service

In fall 2018, I asked Friendly Fence to come quote a back stair replacement (rotten stringer) and to take a look at my back fence and gate. While his portfolio includes some beautiful work, Cole respected that I was on a budget for this project. He proposed a plan that optimized for function and cost, rebuilt the steps for a competitive price, and made adjustments to my back gate to get it working well enough that I could postpone the fence rebuild until my bank account was ready.

What stood out was that Cole hit a great balance between friendly and professional throughout the job, and also went above and beyond by helping me out with an assortment of thankless tasks related to the work that weren't directly required and definitely weren't much fun.

Overall, a good guy doing good work for a fair price.

Thank you very much for your generous review. Too bad they were not able to post your entire statement. However the selected highlights are great anyways. I look forward to rebuilding that fence when you are ready. - Cole

gloria
gloria

Arbor Replacement

My experience with them was professional, on time, on budget and incredibly tolerant of my indecisions, especially when
it came to colour. To all who are contemplating an outdoor construction project, be it a fence, arbor, deck of "Canine Chalet",
I heartedly recommend "Your Friendly Fence Company".

Gloria
Thank you so much! I very much enjoyed creating the arbor for you in keeping with the original design. You have been so very kind an generous.
I hope to see you again.

R S Walden in Vancouver
R S Walden in Vancouver

Great Fence

Cole put in a fence for me in August of 2006 and after 12 years its still in perfect condition. All I have done is kept the wood stained to protect it. Cole uses good material and his craftsmanship and work ethic are 10 out of 10 ! So I thought people should know he builds for durability. Very pleased !!

Mr. Walden it was so great to see you again. I was happy to see the 8'tall fence in such great condition after all the years. Great job maintaining it! All the best to you and Patricia.

cowell.stephen
cowell.stephen
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Back yard fence to contain our new best friend.

The friendly fence man, Cole, did an excellent job, making my garden look contained by a beautiful landmark. Cole did what he said he would do, as he said he would do it.

It was a pleasure doing these projects for you Stephen. I very much look forward to visiting again. Thank you for your trust.

SS
SS

Great fence and arbors

Cole did a great job despite some very unfriendly winter conditions. We are very pleased with our new fence and I can't wait to grow some greenery through our new arbors.

Dear SS
It was truly a pleasure to create that for you. We had to be careful not to block any street signs and visa versa. I look forward to the nex phase. Thank you!

kevin_mcleod
kevin_mcleod
1 review West Vancouver, BC

Garden boxes

Cole is excellent. He built us a fence now 10 years ago and it is still in great shape. More recently he built us two garden boxes. He knows what he's doing. No hassles. On time. We can't say enough about his work! Excellent.

Kevin, It is always a special pleasure to visit with you and take part in the various projects over the years. Always there to tighten things up. Just call when you need adjustments.
All the best.. Cole

Kristen Elizabeth in Toronto
Kristen Elizabeth in Toronto
1 review West Vancouver, BC

Friendly Fence

Cole was friendly, reliable and his workmanship was impeccable. He completed the project when the previous carpenter became ill and was unable to finish . He then took all the previous worker's tools he left behind and returned them to his home. It was an extremely kind gesture and much appreciated by the carpenter's wife and myself. Thank you Cole.

Thank you so much for that testimonial. It was sure a pleasure doing the project for you. What a wonderful setting. I look forward to the next project. Best Regards. Cole

Sally in Vancouver
Sally in Vancouver

Privacy Screen

778-386-3201
2049 Mahon Avenue
North Vancouver
BC
V7M 2T6

Cole from Friendly Fence was professional, prompt and provided excellent service. He gave me great design advice and took meticulous care in selecting the wood that he used for my project and in the actual construction of the privacy fence. I am very happy with the end result and will definitely use him again and refer him to my friends.

Dear Sally
It sure was a pleasure meeting you. I especially enjoyed co-creating this screen with you to offer privacy, but at the same time to be a pleasing feature. I look forward to the next project. Thank you for the kind review!

jprsauve
jprsauve

Fence Built

Excellent craftsmanship. Fence was built from scratch, no premade panels were used. Fence was constructed on time and on budget. Great work. Highly recommended

Dear Peter and Debbie
Thank you very much for that kind review. It was a real pleasure doing those projects for you. Most of all, it was good to get to know you both. Hopefully I can be of assistance again. All the best.
Cole

More about Friendly Fence

Creative fences, gates, arbors, gazebos, decks,and more.
"My intention is create more than just a product;
I want my clients to enjoy excellent workmanship
for many years to come." Please visit our web site:
www.friendlycarpenter.com