John The Plumber

Plumbing
John The Plumber

Reviews for John The Plumber

Drain cleaning

Very thorough work! Garrett and Dawson were both super friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend. 110%

Dominique in Ottawa
Dominique in Ottawa
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Great service

We were very happy with the service. The plumber was very knowledgeable and helpful. He also took the time to explain to me how the plumbing works in my new home. I highly recommand your company.

noodlezz
noodlezz
1 review Angus, ON

Kitchen and bathroom work

Couldn't recommend this company enough. Had them do a rough in for a bathroom for me and some kitchen work. Fantastic Job . Will be using them for any further plumbing issues

KDao
KDao
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Don't do what they said they would

I requested them to install my washer and asked for estimated price. They said they could not say in advance but when the plumber is on site, they would give us a quote before they do it.
I specifically asked them prior to booking to help us move the washer upstairs from garage and move the old washer downstairs, because we have back issues. They said they would help us moving the washer as well. So I booked with them.

They showed up an hour late on the day, told us they would not do any moving, we had to do it ourselves. If we denied the service, we would be charged for service fee. We agreed to let them just hook up the washer (we had to do move the washer ourselves because they refused to do what they promised us). I got the bill for more than $300 just to hook up the washer. I called back the business, they said they would look into it, not even an apology, I have not heard back from them since.

I don't care how good they are if a business does not have good work ethic, if they can't deliver what they have promised, no way I would call them ever again.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Replacing a toilet and fixing a flange

Eric was very knowledgeable with plumbing. He fixed my unlevelled flange that was held up by two wax rings by the builders and replaced the broken toilet on top of it. Everything was done under 2 hrs.

Sally
Sally
1 review Ottawa, ON

Help with shower tower

My shower tower was leaking water and I knew that I needed a replacement cartridge but I am unsure how to open the shower Tower to get a picture to find the replacement parts. I ended up calling John the Plumber and they said they price on the work not by hour. And if I decide not to go ahead and fix it, they would charge a dispatch fee. I even asked specifics on what they would do to diagnose the issue and what is covered by the dispatch fee. The receptionist assured me that of course they would diagnose the issue first, they can’t just make up a price on the work. As soon as the person showed up, he told me that I needed a replacement cartridge (which I already told the receptionist that I knew this is what I need before I agreed for the plumber to come), but I can’t open the shower tower. I need his help to open the shower tower to get a picture of the parts. He said it would be $180 plus tax as a diagnosis fee. I was shocked to know because we both knew the issue. There is nothing to “diagnose”. I called the receptionist again and asked what they would do when they come, the lady said they would “diagnose” the issue and price the job. I then asked for the additional $180, she changed her tone completely and said oh yeah. The dispatch fee only covers their gas to get them into the door. If they need to do any work or touch anything to diagnose the issue, it’s whatever price that he gave you. Anyway, since I needed a picture of the cartridge, I agreed to the price and thinking that he needed to take stuffs apart. It turns out that he needs to unscrew the handle and take out the cartridge which took a maximum 5 min to complete. I asked how much it would be to fix it, he said if they need to search the part, they would charge you by the hour and it’s $280 plus tax to put the new cartridge back in. And he left. I really regret for calling them because seems like they just want to get paid on the dispatch fee and they would charge you a ridiculous amount for anything that they do. They are not upfront with their fees even though it appears that they are asking your permission before proceeding to the next step. I would call a regular plumber who charges by the hour. I am not saying that he should not get paid by the work he did, he should 100% but I just don’t know if it’s worth $180 plus tax for 5 min of his time at a job site (of course, I am aware that I need to pay for his travel time too).
I should give an update, after a week of the service, I received a call from their assistant manager, he said he realized that my issue was not resolved and I should not be billed for, so he offered to waive my fee for the service. I think it’s a nice gesture for them, and I appreciate the call. I am willing to give them a try in the future for other issues.

Nick in Toronto
Nick in Toronto

Excellent service from start to finish.

Wow Jonathan…that was an amazing service today, thank you very much.
Jonathan, the service person came to my place today on time as scheduled without any delays and got the job done in a caring and professional manner.
I cannot wait to use John The Plumber for all my plumbing needs from now on and will truly recommend them to my friends and neighbors. Stay safe out there, Jonathan and I look forward to your excellent service something in the future.

Good experience

John was able to come the next day, was very professional, explained everything he was doing in a lot of detail and was extremely friendly. He found the issue with my basement sewage pipe on no time and explained all the options to fix. Really happy with his service. Thank you John!

Judy
Judy
1 review Ottawa, ON

Toilet plugged

Professional work on resolving problem in less than an hour. CONs- Charged 500 to unplug a toilet so exhorbitant pricing. If you don’t have an emergency ...call around for quotes.

George in Toronto
George in Toronto
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Installing dishwater and fridge water line

Hi: I had Dave and Alexander from the Nepean's John The Plumber in today to install my dishwater and water line to my fridge. They arrived early. did an excellent job, explained everything they were doing so I could understand it and discovered and fixed a few problems I wasn't aware of. I have used John the Plumber previously and would not hesitate in recommending them.
Regards
George Bayne

More about John The Plumber

We have been in business for the last 10 years, proudly serving the Ottawa community. Our unparalleled service, competitive prices, and overall value are why our customers keep returning. Our underlying mission statement is. . . " Quality Service at affordable prices. . . " Our services include: • General ...
Looking for Plumbing pros in Ottawa?