Mr. Furnace

Tudor in St Catharines
Tudor in St Catharines
27 reviews St. Catharines, ON

Furnace troubles - called in a pinch on Xmas Day

I called them, knowing of their name from a previous quote, seeing their name off the QEW and 24-7-365 service at no extra charge if called on a Holiday/weekend. Well, once they came, I didn't think so. I thought it was just marketing. The guy came, $140 to just show up at the door. Fine, I knew that. He blew with his mouth through a few drain lines, as he later on told me, were full of debris, did not change any parts and charged me another $240 for doing just that?? I am thankful that they brought back the heat for family, but, at what cost? By comparison, from what I recall, when I called another LARGE HVAC company before, they included the initial call price, the $140, into the repair. Either way, I was considering Mr Furnace for a water heater purchase, no longer. I think they're dishonest, albeit their marketing line on their website, and although, there aren't many HVAC choices in the Niagara Region, I would not recommend them or use them ever. They called me for a review I had left on a different site to ask me for details, and, to make me happy, threw in a furnace and A/C, in the spring, maintenance, which, they said, would've prevented this from happening. I guess they made up for the disappointment, in a way, just always thought that the call price would be included in the repairs, should there be any. I guess I was wrong.

I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us. I'd love the opportunity to discuss this further. Please give me a call directly 905-651-8228, Randy Norton-General Manager.

Private User reviews , ON

Humidifier

I had this leak on my humidifier. I called me furnace. They responded quickly and sent a technical (Robert). He explained the issue, gave me options and fixed the issue professionally.

bev in Toronto
bev in Toronto
1 review Welland, ON

New Furnace

I had heard on the radio many times the commercial regarding Mr. Furnace and also the community contributions that this company is involved in. I had the privilege of speaking with Randy (general manager) in my home on Christmas Eve 2018. He took the time to listen to me. He looked at my furnace asked a few more questions about my furnace and then he explained to me what the new standards were and what type of furnace they would install. Shortly after Christmas Randy has set up the appointment to install my new furnace. Mike and Ryan came to install my new furnace. They were pleasant, kind, curious, professional and informative technicians. They made sure everything was just right. They explained everything in stages as the installation was happening. They took the time to answer any of my questions. Everything was clean..... I don’t just mean the work area but clean lines with the installation from the furnace to the piping, to the installation of the new thermostat. I highly recommend Mr. Furnace if you are looking to install a new furnace. :)

Beverly

Frank in
Frank in
1 review , ON

Furnace repair

Our furnace broke down last night. I called Mr furnace. The dispatchers were very friendly and they sent a thecnician to me whitin 2 hours. Robert (the thecnician) was professional and knowledgable. He helped me understand the issue and provided me with multiple solutions and my furnace was up and running in no time. I highly recommend this company.

Great review for Mr. Furnace....Thank you Frank! I'm glad we were so quick to respond and get your heat back on for you. We do appreciate the recommendation.

scouserquinn in St. Catharines
scouserquinn in St. Catharines
1 review St. Catharines, ON

Excellent service year after year

Mr. Furnace has installed and serviced our furnaces for over 30 years.Today Randy was the latest of Mr. Furnace's technicians to come to our home and do an excellent job. As with all their personnel he was informed, courteous and made sure we understood everything that was done and everything written on the worksheet.

Firstly, Thank you so much for putting your trust in Mr. Furnace for over 30 years. Its great to hear that Randy did an "Excellent" job. We do appreciate you taking time to share this terrific review!

lkretz1
lkretz1
2 reviews St. Catharines, ON

Service

Purchased service plan. Mike and Evert. Professional, courteous and informative. Questions about furnace status and life answered clearly and professionally. I worked as the overall operations coach in the reheat furnaces at Dofasco hot mills. They knew their stuff for this gas furnace.

Thank you very much for the terrific review! It's great to hear that our technicians Mike & Evert were able to make this a positive experience.

Private User reviews Port Colborne, ON

Installation of furnace and AC

Brian handled the appointment and informed us on the best way to go and also let us know what rebates we could qualify for. Mr. Furnace even paid for the home inspection to help us qualify which was quite an expense on their part. We have been with Mr. Furnace for over 16 years and have always been very satisfied with their service. At this time of year we had the bad luck of needing a new furnace. The old one shut down because of carbon monoxide levels. Well we thought, lets get it all changed. While Brian was filling out the contract he gave us a entry coupon to fill out and mentioned that someone would win the cost of their contract. As most people we thought that was nice.
The day came and the installation began. Mr. Furnace had two of the most pleasant and informative technicians work all day to get everything just right. They were very dedicated to their work. Everything was clean as if no one was ever there.
Brian called me a week later and asked how is your heating. I said fine.
Brian called me again al little over a week ago and asked again, and I said fine. Brian the said "Dave your name came up in our meeting this morning." I was taken back as to why. "Dave you won the draw."
Today my wife and I picked up a check from Mr. Furnace for $11,750.00.
We are retired, extra cash needed always leaves a hole in the budget, however, not this time. We have never won anything like this, as most people Not just because we won, we have dealt with Mr. Furnace for a long time and would recommend them to everyone who needs service at any time.

Congratulation on winning $11,750.00 from Mr.Furnace...what a terrific way to start the new year! I want to thank you for the wonderful review and for putting your trust in Mr. Furnace for over 16 years.

Henry C in St. Catharines
Henry C in St. Catharines
1 review St. Catharines, ON

Mr Furnace

Purchased a new high-tech, energy-efficient furnace back in Dec 2017. Brian N was very thorough in sizing the appropriate furnace by measuring all the rooms for total air volume. No guess work. He also explained all my options including the pros and cons of each. Making a decision was fairly easy, which is often difficult for me because I am very analytical and thoroughly detail-oriented and a lack of proper information and clarity can be real issues for me. No problem here. The furnace installation took the better part of a day. The crew was pleasant and cheery and , most importantly, the installed furnace looked great. No sloppy work to be seen and I am quick to spot those.

The service in the last 12 months has been outstanding. They arrive in the time frame given. They always cover their footwear, always leave the place clean and they know their stuff. The biggest compliment I can give them is that their crew is amazingly friendly and courteous, which has become somewhat of a rarity these days. I assume this is targeted in their hiring practices. Kudos for that.

Thanks Jeremy and Anthony for fixing my ongoing Arc Fault Receptacle issue.

Henry C

what a terrific review for Mr.Furnace and our entire team...Thank you so much Henry! Hearing that Brian, Jeremy and Anthony provided "Outstanding Service" is exactly what we like to hear.

Home furnace

The guys where awesome and very fast to get to the house. Very upfront with the cost of the repairs. Extremely friendly and helpful. Our house is now heating so I am very happy.

Awesome review for Mr.Furnace and our technicians, Thank you so much Jason! Great to hear that your heat was restored quickly and that you are happy with our services.

Yvon in
Yvon in
1 review , ON

Nice and toasty again.

We had Anthony who was very friendly and helpful. Great customer service from him didn’t take him long to fix it He also ordered a part and will be back. Great guy

Great to hear you are "Nice and toasty again" Yvon. That is what we love to hear. Thank you for the review.

More about Mr. Furnace

“It’s the Right Time to call Mr. Furnace!”

Our commitment to 100% customer satisfaction: