Mr. Furnace

28 Dunkirk Road St. Catharines ON L2M 6S9

Reviews for Mr. Furnace

Keith Woodland in Welland
1 review Wainfleet, ON

My 41 year old, inefficient, gas fired boiler went off on Thursday and rather than fix an old unit, I replaced it with a new 95% efficient boiler. The team of Tom and Jay came out Friday morning and we had heat by Saturday late afternoon. Dedicated, hard working people exhibited great care and attention. Very impressed with their workmanship and responsiveness. Claude gave us the initial assessment and Bryan quoted the job Thursday evening and as a team they got it done for us.

1 review Saint Catharines, ON

As Claude Carver said as he was doing maintenance, and when he was done, you probably had no idea that this might happen. And he was right. There were a few weak points, but also 2 actual perfora-
ted holes in the heatexchanger, and a rising level of CO2 would have resulted that necessitated a decision. Claude's advice led to a visit by Brian Norton and after weighing the options we decided on the middle of the road new furnace. Talk about not having had any idea that Friday morning. Brian arranged an installation Saturday morning. And Tom and Matt arrived punctually at 8:15 to get started by 8:30. After protecting things with drop sheets they went about their business as expected. However Matt had to go all the way back to Hamilton to get some sheet metal. As our old furnace (10 yr) had only 2" pipes and the new furnace needs a lot more air to run efficiently, Tom installed new 3" piping. After the install was done and the new furnace tested, all was a-ok, toasty warm, quite and done after a busy day. The whole crew including Brian Norton did a very professional job and left us a lot more satisfied than we thought we might be after not expecting a new furnace in the first place. But Claude Carver's diligence saved us from possible harm by giving us the proper advice. So all is well thanks to Mr. Furnace.

John in Saint Catharines
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

Kenny was very polite and professional when he came into my house. He worked very fast . He was very helpful with any questions I had. He showed me what the old filter look like when he suggested to install a new one to see how dirty it was. Thanks

Chantal in Thorold
1 review Thorold, ON

My furnace quit working at 8pm at night, Mr Furnace sent Kenny out around 9:30 pm. Kenny quickly assessed the problem but was unable to help me that night because he wasn't carrying the part. He tried all the supplier contacts he had to retrieve the part after hours (which I felt was going above and beyond). Unfortunately, no one had the part. He was genuinely concerned about leaving my family without heat all night. He promised to start sourcing first thing in the morning and he kept that promise. My furnace was fixed the next day. So while I was frustrated that Mr Furnace didn't have the parts to help me after hours, I felt that Kenny's customer service more than made up for it!

Carol in Grimsby
1 review Grimsby, ON

Chris did great job explaining different furnace options.
Ryan and Mike were amazing with the installation. Knowledgeable and proficient. Very professional yet enjoyable to have around for day. Good job guys!!!

Larry in Fonthill
1 review Welland, ON

Annual Furnace Service, the Technician was most pleasant, quick, and ask for any questions I might have. He explained the things he checked and services he performed and answered all questions I posed. Mr Furnace has always provided good service.

1 review Niagara Falls, ON

good maintenance service provided. good knowledge of equipment and simple layman explination on how its work. fast and precise work done in one hour. left the place clean and tidy.

Thanks for the great review! All the best, Randy Norton, General Manager.

1 review Saint Catharines, ON

had a problem on a sunday with the furnace .darn thing would not kick in. called mr. Furnace and the tech showed up a couple of hours later . he figured out the problem in a half hour ordered the part the next day . it took a while to get the part , not there fault . becky keep me in the loop as to when it would come in . Brian the tech came installed the part . the furnace is so much quieter now Thanks Gang Great Job

Thanks for the opportunity to serve you, we are so glad we could help out. All the best from the Mr. Furnace gang!

Ron in Fifty Point
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Had issues with furnace on , ran through the night and when looking at thermostat in the morning, it was non-functional. Replaced thermostat and then restarted furnace on Sunday afternoon. The furnace did not start as expected.

After being on hold with larger company, called Mr. Furnace and call was answered immediately on Sunday evening, and after review, Jurgen was dispatched - he arrived within 60 minutes. Found that the furnace (original to house, 14 yrs old) secondary heat exchanger was damaged (Carrier furnace, web search confirmed this is an ongoing issue) and was leaking Carbon Monoxide - not within house but could soon with dangerous levels.

Scott from the customer team was available and arrived at house with options - replace furnace or secondary coil. After deliberation, review, decided to replace furnace and air conditioner (original to house, had issue 2 years ago) as package.

Ryan and Mike arrived Monday promptly at 915am, and worked through day to install new furnace, air conditioner. The heat was back and working late afternoon. Due to faulty AC coil, required a visit following day by Leno to replace.

I choose to go with a mid-level (Level 3 of 5) system, manufactured by Goodman.

House has never been warmer! New furnace is quiet, the 2nd level has better heat flow and distribution. The installation was extremely smooth, the team was courteous, explained items along the way for me, discussed best options for maintenance, and the space is cleaner than before they arrived. Very happy with how the new furnace is installed, including bringing up to code the air intake (as was under older code and drawing inside air).

Look forward to seeing how the AC functions in the heat.

Overall, extremely pleased with the service, the responsiveness, and all the team members that were involved.

It's a shock to have to incur this cost unplanned, however I feel I did and am receiving excellent value for the price I've paid. I look forward to monitoring the hydro and gas usage of the new High Efficiency Furnace and seeing a difference, as well as AC in the summer.

Highly recommend that if you are comparison shopping, give Mr. Furnace a chance to speak with you.

Hi Ron, thank you very much for this incredible review! It sounds like you made the right choice for your home, we are so glad to hear everything worked out. All the best, Randy Norton, General Manger.

More about Mr. Furnace

“It’s the Right Time to call Mr. Furnace! ” Our commitment to 100% customer satisfaction: •Home Comfort Advisors you can rely on •Certified Service Technicians and Installers that do it right •Prompt Customer Service ready to answer your call •24 Hour Emergency Service when you need us most