Turnbull Roofing & Renovations Ltd

Paul C in Pickering
Paul C in Pickering
4 reviews Pickering, ON

Great Service and Price

Salesperson was knowledgeable and polite, and did not pressure us into a decision at all.

We have a 2100 sqft. house which they were able to complete in about 5-6 hours with 8 guys working on it. They laid tarps around our property, took off the old shingles and put in new 50 year shingles (which at the caution of the salesman should really only last about 25 years).

They came by a few weeks after install to collect the money and did another sweep around the property to remove old nails and debris.

I highly recommend this company as the quality and speed of their work was excellent and they were cheaper than the other estimates we got for the same shingle.

David in Toronto
David in Toronto

Poor Customer Service

This is a tough one as i had a great experience the 1st time with the company curtious, helpful and professional. Moved houses and called them up again to install some additonal vents for exhaust fans. Initally service was great, but when it came to the connection of the fans I was advised that one of the vents was missing. I called Turnbull to clarify of the vent was added or not and after leaving multiple messages finally spoke to reception who said they will ask the builders and get back to me. that was almost 6 weeks ago and still no response. Again left another message and still no contact back. It is a shame as their service and quality is great but communication on this job has been so poor.

Patrick
Patrick
1 review Pickering, ON

Roof Replacement

I put calls out to several companies requesting a quote. 1 company sent me a quote by email. Another said they would be out in a couple of days, and never showed. The rest never responded. Turnbull Roofing called to set up an appointment to meet with me. When Darryl showed up, he physically looked at the house, measured, and then presented me with options that reflected my situation. Then they followed up to confirm if the job was a go ahead. 2 weeks later I called them, and it was scheduled. Had to be moved a couple of times because of the weather. After the job was done, roof looks great and no sign of garbage on ground. Great service.

Hi Patrick!

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience with us! We hope you enjoy the roof for years to come!

Kay in
Kay in

Roofing completed with satisfaction

In may 2018 I sustained some real bad damage to my roof because of the windstorm and needed a good roofer, I contacted 3 roofers and Turnbull was one of them. However Originally I went with another smaller contractor and this contractor never showed up to complete the job - so after I had to go back to the drawing board I did some more research on Turnbull and OMG I was so impressed by Chris and Robert they turned out to be the best. and when my roof was completed by turnbull - they provide a quality assurance check to make sure you are satisfied with the service and if you have any issues. I am so happy I went with them. They have great service, they are responsive. and I learned a very valuable lesson on you get what you pay for. Turnbull provided references and has also been in business for several years as well they identified all the expenses upfront - doing away with any hidden cost
they explained things about roofing and provided a great clean up. Thank you Turnbull

Hi Kay,

Thank you for your review on our company! We do have the best time and am glad you think so too! We hope you enjoy your new roof for many years to come!

Mollyb in Ajax
Mollyb in Ajax

New Roof

In May 2018 I had some minor roof damage or at least what I thought was minor damage. I had someone do a quick repair at the end of May which would fix the problem. Later on we had another storm that did h a lot more damage. My roof was installed in 2007 so only coming up to 11 years old in 2018. I was unable to track down the roofer from 2007. I expected the roof would last as long as the Builders roof did 24 years. Not wanting a PATCHED up roof I decided to go through the Insurance because I did not know of the extent of the damage and lucky I did. They had their reps do an estimate and decided that $400o would do the job. I needed an independent rep to do an estimate and a friend recommended Turnbull so I called the company and Darryl came to the house to do a roof inspection and give me an estimate taking extra photo's showing that there was a lot more damage than the Insurance reps did. They had people come from Texas USA because they had so many claims at that time.He forwarded extra photo's and details to the Insurance rep on my behalf ie; that they may not know because of the location 3 stories at the rear and front of my home faced west. Made a difference to the $4K and I was not going to have a PATCHED UP ROOF instead have a new roof installed.
It took 3 months for the Insurance to make the settlement and Darryl had me on the list for Sept and said he would try to get me moved up if he could. Well true to his word, he did get his team to do the roof in August which I was so relieved not knowing what further damage could be done while waiting for the repair.

Hi Molly,

Thank you for taking the time to review our company and recount your experience with us. We appreciate your kind words and hope you enjoy your roof for many years to come!

Peter I, Oshawa in Ajax
Peter I, Oshawa in Ajax

Pros all the way

Highest marks to Darryl and to Chris and his crew! While by no means the cheapest quote, one gets what one pays for. The crew was punctual, polite and the clean-up was perfect. These guys know their reputation exists on word-of-mouth and are pros all the way from quote to completion. I will not hesitate to recommend Turnbull!

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your review of our company, we appreciate you taking the time to do so. We also appreciate your recommendations!

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Professional company

After recieving quotes from a number of large companies in the area we decided to go with turnbull roofing.

There price was one of the highest, however Darryl explained why they are worth more than their competitors.

The crew was very polite and professional!
Great experience, thank you Darryl

Dear customer, thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time and letting us know about your experience. We will make sure the guys know of your compliment!

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Installation of new roof - August 9, 2018

Impressed by the professional approach of the Estimator Darryl and willingness to answer all our questions. After receiving a second quote from another roofing company for similar high quality product which was at a significantly higher price, we signed a contract with Turnbull Roofing for the top product - Owens Corning Duration.
We requested the same Turnbull Roofing crew that installed the new roof across the street and was assigned the crew led by Chris. They did an excellent job, completed within one day and answered any questions we had.
We also had communication with Robert and the matter resolved quickly and professionally.
Overall Turnbull Roofing was focussed on being very professional and making customer service No.1.
No hesitation in recommending Turnbull Roofing for high quality product and installation.

Dear customer, thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Turnbull Roofing, we appreciate all the feedback from our customers. Your recommendation means a lot to us and we are grateful for amazing customers to work with.

Sincerely, your Turnbull Roofing team!

Chris Courtice
Chris Courtice
2 reviews Ajax, ON

New Roof

We always dreaded having the roof done, we heard all the stories of the fly by night guys and the rude companies that you just don’t want at the house. We called Turnbull Roofing based on reviews and had a family member use them. Chris arrived on time and was extremely polite. He didn’t just tell us what we needed he asked and had a conversation with my wife and I. When he left we knew we had chosen the right company, he wasn’t the cheapest (we discussed those types) but wasn’t the highest price either, very fair. Chris even packaged attic insulation for us and that was very reasonable. The crew arrived on the day and they were even polite and pretty funny. The experience couldn’t have gone better, looks like Durham Region finally has a reputable company to call. Thanks again Chris and Crew!

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to recount your experience with our company! We will definitely pass along your words of praise to the crew and your estimator Chris Jones. Thank you for your business! - Turnbull Roofing Team

More about Turnbull Roofing & Renovations Ltd

Turnbull Roofing & Renovations Ltd is a family owned and operated Professional Roofing Contractor, utilizing over 3 generations of Construction/Home Renovation expertise. With our friendly and knowledgeable staff, highly trained and professional installers, along with our competitive pricing, we guarantee to make your "Roofing & Roof Insulation" experience a positive one!

Turnbull Roofing & Renovations Ltd, is proud to be an accredited "Preferred Contractor" and "Top of the House Contractor" with Owens Corning Canada. We also hold "Authorized Contractor" accreditation with GAF Roofing Products Canada.

Insulation, Gutters & Eavestroughs, and Roofing
-Owens Corning Supreme AR traditional shingles -Owens Corning Oakridge lifetime shingles -Owens Corning Duration lifetime shingles -Owens Corning Duration Designer colour lifetime shingles -Certainteed XT 25 traditional shingles -Certainteed Landmark Lifetime shingles -Certainteed Landmark Pro Lifetime Shingles -GAF Timberline Natural Shadow lifetime shingles -GAF Timberline HD lifetime shingles -GAF Timberline American Harvest Designer lifetime shingles Owens Corning Atticat Expanding Blown-In insulation
We provide all professional residential roofing services, including; residential reroofing and repairs, new construction roof installations as well as "blown in" roof insulation and attic insulation top up.
All Owens Corning, Certainteed & GAF roofing products. Owens Corning Atticat expanding blown-in roof insulation.
-25
Debit, Visa, Mastercard, American Express
Accredited Owens Corning Preferred Contractor, Owens Corning Top Of The House Contractor & GAF Autho
Turnbull Roofing & Renovations Ltd is proud to offer all Owens Corning Preferred Contractor & Owens