Turnbull Roofing & Renovations Ltd

1115 Wentworth St, W Oshawa ON L1J8P7
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Ajax  >  Turnbull Roofing & Renovations Ltd
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Turnbull Roofing & Renovations Ltd

Will Clayton in
2 reviews Pickering, ON

"Thanks for sweeping the leaves from the walk and around the front steps", said wifey when she got home from work.

"Wasn't me", I said "was the roofer guys. They appeared like the ShoeMaker's Elves quite early, tarped the front, back lawn and the garden then the roof got real busy with 6 of them tag teaming what needed to be done.
By 4:00 in the afternoon they had swept up any debris - leaves included, run a magnet thingy over the grass should a nail have escaped.

It was amazing and they were more than friendly answering the few questions I had.

Good hardworking, professional bunch ... would hire them again"

Bee Gee from Toronto

I had to replace the roof after noticing a leak that entered our kitchen ceiling. I found out that our shingles were the inferior and cheap “organic” type put on by the previous owner only 13 years ago.
After getting a few quotes and told by another couple of companies that they were booked solid for the next 4 months I decided to go with Turnbull. They were a bit more expensive but I felt very confident in their work after talking to Chris about what was required. I went with the Owen’s Corning TruDefinition Duration shingles.
After signing the quote, Chris mentioned that it would likely be 2 months until my roof could be completed but they would try to move our job up given our leak. He told us to let him know if we had anymore leaks and he would see what he could do. To my great surprise only 2 weeks after signing the quote Chris told us that our roof would be done!
The crew chief went over the work with me and even suggested extending the flashing below the upper roof so that it aligned with the lower roof and would provide more curb appeal. I thought that was very professional. He even agreed to take pictures of the new ice and water membrane for me. The crew finished the job in one day and did a good job of cleaning up – using the magnetic lawn mower collector to find the nails.
What really impressed me was that after I inspected the roof the next day and found a few things that needed to be fixed (for example, too much shingle overhang blocking the eavestrough), I called them and Chris came out to the house the next week and made a note of all the things I found and asked for my pictures. He assured me that the work would be completed and was great at communicating when this was going to happen. They did come back within 2 weeks of the original work and fixed everything. They even went the extra mile and provided me with some extra caulking tubes so that I could do some DIY maintenance on the roof.
I realize that sometimes mistakes happen but Turnbull really stepped up and took ownership of their mistakes and quickly fixed them. Chris was really good listening to my questions and explaining things to me. I feel very confident that Turnbull will stand behind their work and fix any issues during the warranty period. Their focus on customer service is the reason why I would choose them again.

Mike in Oshawa
5 reviews Oshawa, ON

Great crew and company to work with. I have never seen a crew work so hard and be so conscientious. Special shout out to Scott the crew lead. Their cleanup was fanatical! Steve was excellent to deal with and really listened to any concerns or requests I had. They also did a great job re-insulating the roof and installing new baffles as well. Special shout out to Trudy for administrative support. Great company I would highly recommend.

Job Price

Thank you Mike for your kind review and the recommendation. We appreciate you taking the time to review us here and on Facebook. It means a lot to our company to have happy customers.

Jim & Trish in
1 review Whitby, ON

Top notch job from start to finish! Quick response for an estimate were everything was thoroughly explained. Turnbull Roofing did a great job not only on the roof itself, but they did a great job protecting our property, and cleaning up afterwards! it is refreshing to do business with a company that pays attention to every small detail!

Job Price

Thank you Jim and Trish for taking the time to review our company. It means a lot to our business and we are happy that you are completely satisfied with our work.

1 review Pickering, ON

We were extremely impressed with Chris and the team from Turnbull Roofing. They were very professional to deal with on every level. They gave us a competitive quote and provided us with a detailed summary of what we were getting for our money. They booked our date for the job and confirmed everything a few days prior. They arrived on time on the date that we booked for the job and they did a lot of prep work before beginning the roof, taking special care to protect all of our landscaping. They did an excellent job and even completed ahead of schedule. When the team was finished, the only sign that they had been there at all was that we had a beautiful new roof! There was no mess to clean up, no stray nails or shingles. They did a final inspection with us a few days later to make sure that we were happy with everything that was done. It was a genuine pleasure to do business with Turnbull Roofing and I would highly recommend them!

Job Price

Thank you for the kind review. We are very pleased you are happy with our work. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

Hans in Whitby, ON
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Over the past few years I've noticed our builder installed roof slowly falling apart. After a handful of patch jobs, it became clear this year was the year to finally get a new roof. After collecting a number of quotes, I ultimately decided to go with Turnbull Roofing.

Their estimate touched on most everything that all the other estimates hit on, with a few extra touches that made it clear they were actually paying attention. The estimate, in the end, was a midpoint price of all the other quotes I received - but it was the attention to detail that made me feel they would be the best choice.

Chris at Turnbull kept in contact with me a each stage - I never felt like I had been forgotten, or that I was being left out of the loop. Their workers did a fantastic job of protecting my flower beds, and in the month since they completed the work, I've not noticed a single stray nail. With previous patchwork jobs on the roof, I noticed more than a handful of nails, so to not have found a single one is pleasantly surprising.

All in all, a new roof is always going to be a painful wallet hit to any family's budget, but Chris and the Turnbull team left me feeling confident that it was money well spent, and I'm glad I made the choice I did.

Thanks again for the fantastic work!

Job Price

Thank you Hans for a positive review. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to compliment our work. It means a lot to us.

SD in Ajax
3 reviews Ajax, ON

We hired Turnbull to replace our roof due to builder grade shingles peeling up and breaking down. We met with Steve, the owner and he was very knowledgeable and did not try to sell us anything we didn't need. We went with Turnbull because they offered a superior product and there were many homes in our neighbourhood completed by Turnbull. The shingles and all of the materials showed up the morning of the install, followed promptly by the install crew. They worked quickly and completed the job in a single day. They were clean and efficient, and left the property in great shape. We love the look of our roof and would recommend Turnbull to our friends and family. Great job.

Job Price

Thank you SD for the recommendation. We are pleased that you are happy with our work and took the time to post a review. It means a lot for our business and is appreciated. It was a pleasure working with you.

TR Management.

Tim in
1 review Ajax, ON

Very professional. I got 3 quotes. They weren't the lowest but the only one who actually met with me to explain the work. Chris was very professional and explained why they would do things a certain way. He did not slag the competition even though there was an opportunity to do so. Chris then met with me afterwards to ensure I am happy. Would highly recommend them.

Job Price

Thank you for taking the time to review our company Tim. It means a lot to our business and it is much appreciated.

TR management

Linda W in
1 review Pickering, ON

I would highly recommend Turnbull Roofing. Steve was professional and thorough in his presentation. He answered all of my questions and followed up to ensure my satisfaction. Scott and the crew were professional, personable and did excellent work. They worked efficiently and were meticulous on details and clean up. I have peace of mind that the job was done well and should there be any future difficulties Turnbull will stand by its warranty and return to service me.
Thanks again Steve, Trudy, Scott and crew!
Linda W Pickering ON

Job Price

Thank you for taking the time to review our company Linda. We are glad that you are happy with our work. It means a lot to our business and it is much appreciated.

SarahZ in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

I would highly recommend Turnbull Roofing for your roof replacement. We were very happy with the service price and results. The staff were a pleasure to work with and made the process so easy.

Job Price

Thank you Sarah for your review. It means a lot to our business that you took the time to praise us. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

More about Turnbull Roofing & Renovations Ltd

Turnbull Roofing & Renovations Ltd is a family owned and operated Professional Roofing Contractor, utilizing over 3 generations of Construction/Home Renovation expertise. With our friendly and knowledgeable staff, highly trained and professional installers, along with our competitive pricing, we guarantee to make your "Roofing & Roof Insulation" experience a positive one!

Turnbull Roofing & Renovations Ltd, is proud to be an accredited "Preferred Contractor" and "Top of the House Contractor" with Owens Corning Canada. We also hold "Authorized Contractor" accreditation with GAF Roofing Products Canada.