Turnbull Roofing & Renovations Ltd

Reviews for Turnbull Roofing & Renovations Ltd

Kay in
Kay in

Roofing completed with satisfaction

In may 2018 I sustained some real bad damage to my roof because of the windstorm and needed a good roofer, I contacted 3 roofers and Turnbull was one of them. However Originally I went with another smaller contractor and this contractor never showed up to complete the job - so after I had to go back to the drawing board I did some more research on Turnbull and OMG I was so impressed by Chris and Robert they turned out to be the best. and when my roof was completed by turnbull - they provide a quality assurance check to make sure you are satisfied with the service and if you have any issues. I am so happy I went with them. They have great service, they are responsive. and I learned a very valuable lesson on you get what you pay for. Turnbull provided references and has also been in business for several years as well they identified all the expenses upfront - doing away with any hidden cost
they explained things about roofing and provided a great clean up. Thank you Turnbull

Mollyb in Ajax
Mollyb in Ajax

New Roof

In May 2018 I had some minor roof damage or at least what I thought was minor damage. I had someone do a quick repair at the end of May which would fix the problem. Later on we had another storm that did h a lot more damage. My roof was installed in 2007 so only coming up to 11 years old in 2018. I was unable to track down the roofer from 2007. I expected the roof would last as long as the Builders roof did 24 years. Not wanting a PATCHED up roof I decided to go through the Insurance because I did not know of the extent of the damage and lucky I did. They had their reps do an estimate and decided that $400o would do the job. I needed an independent rep to do an estimate and a friend recommended Turnbull so I called the company and Darryl came to the house to do a roof inspection and give me an estimate taking extra photo's showing that there was a lot more damage than the Insurance reps did. They had people come from Texas USA because they had so many claims at that time.He forwarded extra photo's and details to the Insurance rep on my behalf ie; that they may not know because of the location 3 stories at the rear and front of my home faced west. Made a difference to the $4K and I was not going to have a PATCHED UP ROOF instead have a new roof installed.
It took 3 months for the Insurance to make the settlement and Darryl had me on the list for Sept and said he would try to get me moved up if he could. Well true to his word, he did get his team to do the roof in August which I was so relieved not knowing what further damage could be done while waiting for the repair.

Peter I, Oshawa in Ajax
Peter I, Oshawa in Ajax

Pros all the way

Highest marks to Darryl and to Chris and his crew! While by no means the cheapest quote, one gets what one pays for. The crew was punctual, polite and the clean-up was perfect. These guys know their reputation exists on word-of-mouth and are pros all the way from quote to completion. I will not hesitate to recommend Turnbull!

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Professional company

After recieving quotes from a number of large companies in the area we decided to go with turnbull roofing.

There price was one of the highest, however Darryl explained why they are worth more than their competitors.

The crew was very polite and professional!
Great experience, thank you Darryl

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Installation of new roof - August 9, 2018

Impressed by the professional approach of the Estimator Darryl and willingness to answer all our questions. After receiving a second quote from another roofing company for similar high quality product which was at a significantly higher price, we signed a contract with Turnbull Roofing for the top product - Owens Corning Duration.
We requested the same Turnbull Roofing crew that installed the new roof across the street and was assigned the crew led by Chris. They did an excellent job, completed within one day and answered any questions we had.
We also had communication with Robert and the matter resolved quickly and professionally.
Overall Turnbull Roofing was focussed on being very professional and making customer service No.1.
No hesitation in recommending Turnbull Roofing for high quality product and installation.

Dear customer, thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Turnbull Roofing, we appreciate all the feedback from our customers. Your recommendation means a lot to us and we are grateful for amazing customers to work with.

Sincerely, your Turnbull Roofing team!

Chris Courtice
Chris Courtice
2 reviews Ajax, ON

New Roof

We always dreaded having the roof done, we heard all the stories of the fly by night guys and the rude companies that you just don’t want at the house. We called Turnbull Roofing based on reviews and had a family member use them. Chris arrived on time and was extremely polite. He didn’t just tell us what we needed he asked and had a conversation with my wife and I. When he left we knew we had chosen the right company, he wasn’t the cheapest (we discussed those types) but wasn’t the highest price either, very fair. Chris even packaged attic insulation for us and that was very reasonable. The crew arrived on the day and they were even polite and pretty funny. The experience couldn’t have gone better, looks like Durham Region finally has a reputable company to call. Thanks again Chris and Crew!

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to recount your experience with our company! We will definitely pass along your words of praise to the crew and your estimator Chris Jones. Thank you for your business! - Turnbull Roofing Team

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Amazing new roof and eaves troughs

Professional from start to finish!. We are absolutely satisfied with the professional quality of the work and the professionalism of every person who worked on our job. Ryan explained the product and process clearly. They called ahead to let us know when each step of the process be started...and they came exactly on time! Our beautiful new roof was done by a team of quiet, tidy, obviously experienced workers. I would absolutely recommend Turnbull Roofing.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your great review! Your new roof is beautiful, and we're happy the process was a positive experience for you! Thank you for your recommendation, we appreciate your business. - Turnbull Roofing Team

AJC in Ajax
AJC in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Attic Insulation upgrade and roof re-shingle

We saw their crew working down the street and were impressed with amount of manpower on the job and efficiency of getting a roof completed in one day. We called and set up appointment. for quote on insulation and roofing. Robert explained the work and materials required and we went with Owens Corning Duration shingles. The attic was insulated one day and the roof completed on the following day. All the work from setting appointments, to the physical job, to billing and followup were all professionally handled. We recommend them to anyone who recognizes that quality and integrity is more important than just the lowest price.

Dear Customer, thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are happy your experience with your roofing project was a positive one, we pride ourselves in keeping our customers happy! And thank you for your recommendation, we appreciate your business! - Turnbull Roofing Team

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Re-roof done with Owens Corning Duration

After getting quotes from 4-5 companies, we decided to go with Turnbull after meeting with Chris. They were not the cheapest quote, and they definitely were not the most expensive. We did not go with the cheapest roofer as we were skeptical with the quality of shingle and workmanship they would provide. Chris was very easy going and knew what he was talking about. He had answers for all of my questions and eased any of my concerns. We had done some research on shingles and the brand that they offered were at the top of our want list.

Our initial installation date did get postponed due to the two wind storms that we had, but we were told in advance that weather could potentially affect the date.

The day that they did our roof, the team and materials were there on time. The guys were very courteous and neat. When I arrived home from work, I was welcomed home by some of the workers. I did watch as they worked, and I noted that they were wearing harnesses so I assumed they were following working at heights protocol. When the team left, I did a walk around looking for nails. I could not find one. My neighbors said that the team was very quiet (as quiet as roofers can be), and did not have any complaints.

In our follow up meeting Chris went over all of our warranty information and answered all of our questions.

The job was done well from what we could see, and it was on budget. We are still waiting for a heavy rain to ensure there are no leaks (which we had before the roofing job), but with the few small rains that we had, we have not heard any drips.

Would definitely recommend Turnbull Roofing.

Dear customer, thank you for taking the time to review your experience, and we appreciate your recommendation! - Turnbull Roofing Team

Michael fefer in Whitby
Michael fefer in Whitby
5 reviews Oshawa, ON

Roofing Job in Whitby

I was fortunate enough to find Turnbull about 2 years ago. Turnbull is a serious company that stands behind their work. My previous dealing with other "door knocker" roofers was not the best especially as it pertains to follow up issues. These "fly-by-night" companies are nothing but trouble.

Turnbull did everything right. They came for an inspection, they provided a detailed quote with several alternative products. We chose to use the higher end Dow Corning shingle and we are very happy with the results.

After a recent wind storm, we noticed a small leak. A Turnbull crew came right over to fix the issue. I couldn't be more pleased

Hi Michael, thank you for your review. We pride ourselves in our work and will always put our customer's concerns first. - Your Turnbull Roofing Team

More about Turnbull Roofing & Renovations Ltd

Turnbull Roofing & Renovations Ltd is a family owned and operated Professional Roofing Contractor, utilizing over 3 generations of Construction/Home Renovation expertise. With our friendly and knowledgeable staff, highly trained and professional installers, along with our competitive pricing, we guarantee to make your "Roofing & Roof Insulation" experience a positive one!

Turnbull Roofing & Renovations Ltd, is proud to be an accredited "Preferred Contractor" and "Top of the House Contractor" with Owens Corning Canada. We also hold "Authorized Contractor" accreditation with GAF Roofing Products Canada.