Brinks Canada

amfriesen in Vancouver
amfriesen in Vancouver
27 reviews Vancouver, BC

home alarm service

after lengthy reviews with various companies this was the one which was best suited for our needs at this time; the installers were courteous and welcoming with all the our questions; the follow up for more questions and concerns were handled well; this should be a great relationship

Jacqueline Wong in Vancouver
Jacqueline Wong in Vancouver
6 reviews VANCOUVER, BC

service

During a false alarm, the company was persistent in trying to reach our family and at the same sent out a patrol car + dog to check out our house. Fortunately is was a false alarm, however, I feel that we are very secure based on their diligence and persistence.

Casey's Mom in Vancouver
Casey's Mom in Vancouver
5 reviews Vancouver, BC

House Alarm install

I selected Brinks for my alarm system after having two other companies visit my home.

The salesman was great and even had a test keypad for me to try out. He was also very honest about the components I needed to install and the ones I didn't need, plus at the time, Brinks had a special package with a fancy alarm pad so I went for it.

The installer wasn't that great and didn't really think like a homeowner - he wanted to put my alarm behind the most inconvenient place behind my front door and I had to help him with placement of my motion detectors.

I do feel very confident in the monitoring system and the keypad that was installed is ridiculously easy to operate.

Tania in Mt.Lehman
Tania in Mt.Lehman
3 reviews Abbotsford, BC

Installing and up keep of House Alarm System

Installation was free with a 3 year contract at $40.00 a month monitoring fee. Salesman statemented and underlined in the contract that if I moved within the next 3 years to call Brinks and they will install another alarm at my new address if no alarm in that home for free (3 year contract signed at this point). A few days after the salesman visited an installer came and installed the alarm and I signed a form stating the work was completed. Couple years after I moved, 4 months left on my contract I moved. I called Brinks and they sent an installer. Installed alarm for free and asked me to sign a form stating that the job was completed. The installer was not a salesman. Two months after my contract was up I notified Brinks that I did not wish to renew my contract due to service issues with my current alarm (since I moved to my new location my alarm was not functioning well.. turning off and on with out me operating the system, Brinks has tried fixing it a number of times). I was informed then that I was in another 3 year contract that I signed when the installer was installing the second alarm.... It took months and help from the Better Business Bureau for Brinks Canada to apologize and omit their mistake and installers misrep. of the document he had me sign. Almost 7 months later I was able to have the contract terminated and monies reimbursed that Brinks was collecting from me after my original contract had expired.