Baker Plumbing & Heating

B-935 48 Avenue SE Calgary AB T2G 2A7
HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Calgary  >  Baker Plumbing & Heating

Reviews for Baker Plumbing & Heating

Kelly from Calgary

I was quoted $95 for the quick install job that took less than 1 hour and received a bill (after calling and emailing for 2 days) for $250... they increased the hourly rate, charged 2 hours (which they told me then for the first time was the min. charge) and added a mandatory $35 parts fee (although no parts were required). When I questioned it the lady I spoke to was rude and all they would do is charge the quoted hourly rate but still charged 2 hours + parts fee. Definitely NOT what I was quoted on the phone. It's too bad because the guy who did the installation was great and we would have been long-time customers had it not ended this way.

Steve from Calgary

Absolute rip off. I had a clogged drain and they claimed they needed a $350 "deposit" before they could come to my residence. Being in a bind I stupidly gave them my credit card info over the phone. They assured me it wouldn't nearly cost that much and I'd be reimbursed the difference. That was Feb 21. I received no receipt, no email invoice, no phone call after the service. Finally I call them back on March 3 after I see that the $350 was taken from my credit card. They claim they were coincidentally getting to my invoice that day. After a heated debate, I got $20 bucks back. $330 for a technician to spend 10 mins on a clogged drain? He was in and out within minutes. Pretty pricey in my opinion. But the fact that I had to be the one to track them down is ridiculous. Unprofessional and would never use them again.

Incredible! All pricing was discussed in depth prior to our arrival. I ensure you we would not have come without a deposit which was also explained. His bind was that he had to catch a plane in an hour and needed his drain issue addressed. We arrived within an hour of the call (after hours to boot), fixed his problem and he caught his plane. Tried to refund the difference but his card had expired!! Good thing we ran a deposit or we'd be fighting for our money now!!! Had an in depth discussion with this individual yesterday. He admitted that all pricing was discussed prior to our visit. He admitted that our service response time, professional tech and effectively addressing his issue went beyond his expectations. As admitted within his complaint he was well aware of the deposit and the reasons for it. During our follow up call yesterday he stated that their was still no issue with the toilet. As we always claim, on time, on budget (in fact under on this one), follow up call. Only issue is price which was discussed in detail prior to our arrival. We arrived on site in less than one hour after call. All the way around awesome service and professionalism from us in every aspect. He can try someone else next and compare. We remain committed to customer satisfaction despite some unreasonable clients (plumbing is not free). Call us back when you try someone else!!! The reason we now take deposits (no different than a hotel) is to ensure a smooth payment process. Anyone who only complains about the price has no idea of what the value of the service received is!! I should say as there is a theme in these negative reviews. Just because we are good at what we do doesn't mean we bill by the minute. All calls are subject to an hour and a half minimum which is also clearly explained. Good luck next time.

Skylar from Calgary

I was renovating my house (built 1956 with most things still in the house from 1956) and needed a Furnance, Air Conditioner and Water tank. I was exteremly happy with the advice on the equipment and whether to go tankless or not. Couldnt have been more friendly and didnt mind that i didnt know what I wanted! Thanks for also hooking up my appliances. My wife says thanks too.

Byron  from Calgary

These guys are absolute clowns. Charged me a $350 deposit. First guy came and looked around and did no work, than I had to wait 5 days for them to return.Second guy came for an hour and fixed the problem. I have yet to see any of the difference in my $350 rebated on my credit card. Poor poor customer service and reliability I wish I had used someone else.

Wish we could provide a detailed response. With so little details in this review we have no idea who this might be. If the reviewer would like to contact us we will do all we can to make things right. As we carry most name brands on our trucks it would seem we needed to bring in parts which we do quite a lot of but can't be sure. Please contact us and as stated we will correct what we can.

Stu from Calgary

They sent 2 men at $125/hour each to fix a leaking mechanical joint on a dishwasher drain. A few days later it began to leak again. It should have been a $10 part and half an hour's work for one person. Had I known it was going to turn out this way, I would have saved myself all the trouble and repaired it myself. I have, since, closed my account with them.

Stay away from these guys.

Not sure who this is either. Our staff as a rule explains our rates and payment options before any tech is dispatched. It appears that "Stu" could have saved himself the trouble and fixed such an easy leak instead of calling us initially. If in fact "Stu" is real!!

Hao
1 review CALGARY, AB

$350 deposit, 20 mins service @ 200.00, after multi time contacts, finally I got the rest money back after half year. But they still did the work, so I am ok with them.

More about Baker Plumbing & Heating

We do not endorse nor do we support or pay for our listing here on Homestars. If you have a concern or questions about what we do or how we do it, please call us! We are friendly, helpful and motivated to resolve any problem you may have. No matter ...