Right Away Movers

Marion in Toronto
Marion in Toronto
1 review Elora, ON

Moving company

ĎI hired right away movers to move me to the new house which is 15 minutes from where I lived at the time. I lived in a small 3 bedroom semi detached house. We had already moved alot of bigger outside items like snowblower, lawnmowers, large tool boxes and all the tools from the shed out back to the new house. We also had filled a 5 x 10 storage unit with all our Christmas and Halloween decorations as well as large bins of things we wouldn't need right away. So alot of storage things typically found in homes. The rest of the belongings were perfectly packed and we even had already filled 3 cars with clothes and personal items.
We hired the company to take the furniture and approximately 60 boxes out of the house. Also a patio set and bbq. Also to mention no appliances were being moved as well.
I was quoted $139 an hour for 3 men and the truck. They would be here Oct 30 2106 at 930 am. At 830am I get a call saying only 2 men and that 1 didn't show up and the truck is on the way. I am not happy but figure I can't do anything so I will just be happy I have movers. This is the first time we hired movers because my husband and I physically just couldn't handle a move.
So at 950 am (late) the 2 men show up and the first thing they say to my husband is " so we only have 2 guys can you help?" Then they ask for gas money to put into the truck before they do anything.
Of coarse we are confused, your asking me to help when we hired you and now you want gas money.....seems unprofessional.
Then they proceed to tell my husband that it will take at least 13 hours to move us.....they haven't even left their truck. So how do they figure 13 hours when they haven't even been inside!!!! Keep in mind all we already moved to storage and to the new house on our own!!! Now I call the company and talk to a man about the asking for gas money, wanting my husband and son to help and now 13 hours to move and they haven't even left their truck! The man I am speaking with becomes angry and starts yelling at me that I need to give them gas money and that I pay or they leave!!!
I can't belive what I am hearing. This man is so rude, disrespectful and is now trying to extort us for a ridiculous amount of money. He is now saying we pay $2100 up front or they leave. He doesnt care, pay now or i take the truck away! His exact words.
So his original quote of $139 an hour for 3 men is the same price an hour for 2 men and they want my husband and son to help! Are you kidding me!
We have to be out of our house by 5 pm and we haven't asked friends or family to help because we HIRED movers!!!
The stress at this point is debilitating, we are tired and exhausted and this company knows we are in a bad situation so the owner feels he can manipulate, threaten and try to extort us out of money because we are standing out there with no other option. Once I am off the phone with the owner and now talking to my husband about what just happened the 2 guys in the truck say to us they need $2100 now. We try to talk to them about this and before we realize what's going on the 2 movers leave. Leave us stranded!
When will this stop! How do we hold right away movers accountable for despicable business practice. For taking advantage of people by using threats!
This will not end untill someone steps up and puts these businesses like RIGHT AWAY MOVERS OUT OF BUSINESS AND OFF THE ROADS AND OUT OF PEOPLE'S HOMES WHERE THEY CAUSE DISTRESS AND MAKE THE ALREADY STRESSFUL EXHAUSTING PROCESS OF MOVING A NIGHTMARE!

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Move

Movers arrived promptly. Movers were polite, courteous and efficient. Moving was done carefully and with no time wasted. Nothing was scratched or damaged. Very pleased with whole process. Would recommend this company.

Kosta in North York
Kosta in North York
1 review Aurora, ON

Terrible expirience

I hired this company according the recommendation from one my friend. I did a mistake i arranged with the owner by phone and didn't see him personally. I requested 3 people for 115.00 CAD per hour and confirm twice not 2 movers. Two days before moving i confirm again everything by phone. On a moving day definitely just 2 movers appeared in my house i was hope one of them is the owner but not. My questions " Why just two movers" was ignored. I was feeling i am nobody in my home but they are the Kings because it's a moving day and you don't have a choice. For me was obviously the arrangement will be screwed ( i am mature person and had a different experience).
Any way i didn't allowed to do what they want and get a reply with the same attitude "We can live if you want".
Humiliation. Exactly what i was feeling. I called the owner and he says he is going to find the other movers and to pay up front 700.00 CAD.
I refused to accept any more his service.
I called another company and in two hours they provided me excellent service.

Mistake: make arrangement in advance in writing form and double check the company.

Ron Newton from Hamilton
Ron Newton from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

moving

Right Away Movers were excellent. Very neat, courteous and attention to detail. I am very pleased to recommend this company. I look forward to using this company again. Thank you

Nelson B from Toronto
Nelson B from Toronto

Moved to new home.

They arrived on time, were courteous and careful when handling my items. They were quick while making sure they took their time going up and down the stairs with bigger items so as to not damage the walls. They packaged everything on the truck with care and nothing was even scratched. I don't think they could have done anything differently to have improved.

I would recommend them to anyone needing a moving company. And would use them again if I needed to.

renate from Hamilton
renate from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

apartment move

Used this company to move an elderly friend move to his new place.
Movers were prompt.friendly and did a great job!!!!
If we or anyone we know that needs a move your company will be contacted.

Joel from Hamilton
Joel from Hamilton

Home Moving

On perhaps the worst day snow day in February - Steve and Joe helped move me from Toronto to Hamilton without a peep of complaint. And I mean I would have in that situation. It took several hours to just arrive to meet them. They were friendly, quick, professional and tossed in a good joke to keep the mood light. Helped with the unloading process and got me off and running in my new apartment in no time. Would highly recommend them, especially Steve and Joe. A truly wonderful experience - an in the worst weather of the year.

J Colmer from Toronto
J Colmer from Toronto

moving

The Moving Team with Louis at the helm was terrific. They were kind, curteous, careful and considerate. They took the stress out of moving. I would definitely recommend them to my friends and family.

Looking for Moving & Storage pros in North York?