Right Away Movers

Right Away Movers

Reviews for Right Away Movers

Rachael in Ajax
Rachael in Ajax

WARNING (Worst Move ever)

My parents are senior citizens who called and got a quote over the phone of $95 per hour for two men (Spoke to Peter) they asked for someone to come by and give an estimate in person but they never came. On the moving day Louis showed up with two other guys and started loading up my parents furniture (No appliances). Once they started loading up Louis tells my Dad that the price has changed and is now $145 per hour. My Dad reluctantly agreed because he had no other choice at this point. When all of my parents belongings were on their truck Louis said he didn't want to drive up north because it was snowing! He said he was now going to charge my parents for the cost of another rental truck since they had to keep my parents things for two extra days because they were fully booked. It was Louis decision to not deliver their items due to some snow and he was charging them for extra gas, a new rental truck and added on extra hours. My Dad's bill ended up costing $2,613.00
They showed up at 9:30am and were completely finished by 2:30pm, however he charged from 9am till 3:30pm.
When we challenged Louis on the hours billed he said they start charging before they even show up to the job (30 min) and another (30 Min) to drive back to their warehouse. He kept tacking on extra hours and then demanded full payment upfront. Who wants full payment for only half the job completed! So Now, my Dad is forced to pay close to $3k after he budgeted only $1,200.00 and he was told he couldn't get his belongs for two full days as well. I witnessed the whole incident and couldn't believe it. I have a copy of the bill and it even shows the crazy breakdown and additional charges added, but the final total shows $2,531.20 and then it shows a credit card authorization for $2,613.72.
If someone was to tell me it would cost me $2613.72 to move from Pickering to Lafontaine (2 Hours) I would laugh in their face.
But they don't tell you any of that till they're holding your belongings hostage. Louis is shady and takes advantage of the elderly with no shame.

Private User reviews East Gwillimbury, ON

Moving

Jeremy was excellent. Well organized, courteous and punctual. He knows what he is doing.
His helper was good also.
I would certainly recommend to the highest.
He worked hard and accomplished the move in minimal moves.

Alex s in Etobicoke
Alex s in Etobicoke

Smooth move

The move was completed quickly and without any problems. No damage to any of my belongings no damage to the walls, and no dirt tracked in. The cost is very reasonable. I would definitely hire them again for my next move.

Movers in North York
Movers in North York

Movers

Amazing service!!!!

I had bad experience with others moving companies before, but with Right away movers was different, they worked hard and the price was fair. I Will recommend to my friends and my family.

Lesley Devries in Toronto
Lesley Devries in Toronto

Moved from Aurora to Hamilton

We had to have some renovations done first and Right Away movers came to move some of our furniture into our garage and some to a storage unit. Louis the head mover was courteous and punctual. The rest of the men were friendly and they all worked quickly and efficiently. Then we also moved from Aurora to Hamilton. It was a long day but it was done without a lot of stress. The glass on one of our pictures was broken but Louis took it in to a place in Hamilton to get it fixed and it's up on our wall now. Thanks for making this stressful time as stress free as possible.

Kristen M. in San Francisco
Kristen M. in San Francisco
1 review St. Catharines, ON

Great Experience being a First Time Home Owner

I would like to thank Luis and Jay for their help and for the exceptional service that they exhibited during my move. I am a first time home buyer and I am so happy I called Right Away Movers. I had various stops to collect my stuff for my new home, which included a piano! Luis and Jay were great and got all my stuff into my home in great time and in good condition. I would recommend them in a heartbeat, thanks guys for helping me move!

Broke cabinet in Toronto
Broke cabinet in Toronto

Glass cabinet

Sent a pic of the cabinet that your movers had broke took the money and now i get no reply so i would recommend not to use this company again

Chantele  in Toronto
Chantele in Toronto

Exceptional Movers

I would like to express my sincerest gratitude to Luis and his assistance for the exceptional service that they exhibited during our move today. It was the first time that we had used movers and I cannot explain how glad I am that we did. Luis was so kind and generous and assisted us when we knew that it was not a part of his job. He was so thorough and treated our furniture like it was his own. They were so careful with all of our items and I cannot thank him enough for all that he did. You can rest assured that I will be recommending them to anyone that is in need of moving services and I will be using them again whenever we decide to move again. I rate their service 100/100.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Never Use Right Away Movers

Never have I been so disappointed with a company as I was with Right Away Movers.

My family of three booked a move from Brampton, Ontario to Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, relocating from a two, to a three-bedroom apartment. The owner, Luis met with us in early October and estimated the weight to be about 2200 pounds even though we insisted most of our totes prepacked would be weighing more than that. Luis requested an eight-hundred-dollar deposit, which was given, and also discussed a departure date of November 28th with an arrival date of four to five days later after our furniture was picked up on November 24th.

When Luis, and two other movers arrived on the 24th that is when everything started to go downhill quickly. They arrived to move and take apart furniture with no tools! They proceeded to ask us for wrenches, pliers and screwdrivers. Most of the protective coverings were so dirty, I wouldn’t use them on an animal, yet alone furniture.

Once the furniture was on the truck, then the story changed. The departure date wasn’t going to be the 28th, it could take weeks before our furniture arrived in Nova Scotia. Our 800 deposit was given back, and our estimated weight of 2200 pounds was three times that much, and Luis insisted on a $3000 deposit ASAP to cover a cost that was now in the $6000 range.

After agreeing on a meeting place to pay Luis the $3000 at the weighing station, he leaves and doesn’t tell us! My son and I then proceed to run around the GTA to track Luis down for a payment, all the while trying to begin our trip east. Right Away Movers made an already stressful time, one of the worst experiences I have ever encountered.

Our furniture, picked up on November 24th, didn’t arrive in Nova Scotia until December 21st. One of our mattresses was ripped at the bottom, while tables and bedposts where chipped and paint scraped away. Thankfully we stayed with family for the month, or this move could have easily cost over $10,000 after telling us it would cost maybe close to $3,000.

If you are planning on using Right Away Movers, I hope you learn from our mistakes. Read everything on that contract, make sure you get verbal agreements in writing, but better yet just don’t use Right Away Movers.

Looking for Moving & Storage pros in North York?