Milette Doors

Reviews for Milette Doors

sil from Toronto
sil from Toronto

Custom Ordered 5 doors through Home Depot

We wanted shaker doors and went to HD, the display doors were nice and Smooth. We needed 3 with casements and 2 without. My contractor spent 2 hrs on each door rather 15minutes. The hinge cutouts did not match the casement to the door. They were to be machine cutout and the edges were all ragged done by amateurs, also bought the primed BIG MISTAKE. they did not sand the casements, there were chips in some of the doors, they just sprayed the paint, in some cases did not even bother taking the sticker off (3rd pic) first. The casement wasn't even put together. Brand new doors, contractor had to rework all the hinge cutouts and now trying to sand it is a challenge due to already being painted. They look like used doors trying to be recycled rather than NEW doors. 7 extra hours of contractors time and who knows how many of ours to get them sanded smooth. should have just purchased not primed better yet should have gone with another company. I have complained with pics to HD waiting for reply. Not even worth 1/2 of what I paid for them.

Zoe S in Hamilton
Zoe S in Hamilton

Interior doors

We purchased custom Milette doors through a hardware store with the intention of hanging them ourselves.

Not only were the doors 4 weeks late but they were not made correctly. It wasn't even as though there were large obvious errors. No, my husband and I spent 3 hours trying to hang one of the doors only to find out there was a small error with the hinges and the door stop which made is impossible to hang the door correctly.

The problem was that we had other installations (baseboards and floors) that were dependent on the doors being installed. My husband (who is quite the handy man) figured out a work around, but for the amount we paid for custom doors, this was just unacceptable.

Also, in the meantime, one of the door frames had split. We followed the instructions of staining and sealing within a week but the top frame was split.

We went back to the hardware store but had to deal directly with Milette from then on out. One of their local reps came out to our place to see the issues. Eventually (i.e. 5 weeks later) they had someone come out to fix the door frame.

He did a great job, I am very glad that they didn't charge us extra, but I did have to spend time retaining and sealing the portion that he replaced.