Chix Who Fix

Reviews for Chix Who Fix

tracey
tracey

Bathroom Renovation

I highly recommend Lisa and Chix who Fix. I needed to renovate a bathroom so it would be accessible for my elderly mother. They did a fantastic job! Another excellent thing is that that the project was completed on time and on budget. I never had to hound them to provide a quote, show up on time or worry about them cleaning up. They are try professionals.

Jaki F.
Jaki F.
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Repairs

I was selling my house and needed general repairs done. Handyworks did fantastic work from painting and drywall work, deck cleaning, changing light fixtures and installing a carpet runner.

Handyworks' work was excellent and the fee extremelly reasonable. I would not hesitate to recommend Handyworka to anyone seeking high quality work at reasonable rates.

hgreen
hgreen

Chix who Fix.....Best in the business!!!!

I have hired Lisa numerous times for flooring, plumbing, electrical and building projects. She has never disappointed me in the quality of work she provides. The work is done efficiently and always within budget. I would highly recommend her for any home renovation project!!!

ray from Toronto
ray from Toronto

Horrible

Was convinced she knew how to installed a attic hatch,
She made one! But only large enough for a child to get in....
the boarder/frame Lisa put around the door doesnt line up, messy and very unprofessional

Not to code, hatch has to be 30 inches from a ceiling or wall, which it's not!
EDIT :
why should i be the one to tell you what is code or not?
i believe thats why u were hired bc you as the "PRO" should know what regulation / code is
were weren't looking for a cheaper, we were looking for a professonal
on whom does'nt avoid calls messages or emails for weeks on end.
or has the professionalism to actually communicate face to face instead of dropping off 250 dollars in my MAIL BOX?
get real, i'll post pics of the workmanship soon.

i loovee how you, rather then fessing up to the issue you created you point fingers and slander our credibility as a "customer" lol super professional.

that being said, have a great day. and too whom ever is reading this...

a1 painting / staybrite do fantastic work.

Sadly this job didn't go according to plan. The homeowner was not up front with me about what they were looking for during the original visit. The finished product was actually quite lovely looking. When it was completed they said how lovely it was. When they wanted a different size, I offered to make it larger...they were not interested. I think they were looking for something done for cheap...would definitely not recommend them as clients.

Lock installation/Door security

I called several "handyman types" in my community for a small but urgent job to change my locks. Lisa from Chix who Fix responded within minutes, and sent Miki over within another few minutes to quote the job. A few hours later, the job is complete. I am thankful that they moved quickly to make me feel more secure in my home. Miki was really nice to deal with, as well as thorough and efficient. I also appreciated her concern about keeping my indoor cat safe.

Sean & Helen in Toronto
Sean & Helen in Toronto

Third Floor Renovation

We have owned our 1880s downtown Toronto townhouse for 40 years. It had been completely renovated when we bought it but, over the years, we had not done much more than painting. We managed to pull ourselves together in late 2015 and got a quote from Chix Who Fix for the third floor. Lisa Glass was very professional, and we went back and forth several times fine tuning what exactly we wanted done.
Lisa picked up from the various retailers the hardware, tiles, sink and toilet that we had bought and left at various stores. Lisa and her team showed up promptly, as promised, on the first Monday in January, 2016. By the end of January they had successfully completed our third floor update: patch and refinish wood floor, remove old plaster in gable and insulate and drywall, install all new LED pot lights throughout, gut bathroom and install new bathroom, construct new vanity (subcontracted to Miki’s Milling who did a fabulous job), remove and replace window in gable and repaint throughout.
We couldn’t be happier with the result - it is gorgeous! Now that we have a reasonably priced contractor who can get the job done so beautifully and on schedule, we are ready to push ahead with the rest of the house gradually working our way down. We enthusiastically recommend Chix Who Fix.

Heated Kitchen Floor and ceiling with pot lights

I found Chix and Lisa through the East York Flyer and thought I would give a local group a try. Best decision I ever made on my home renovations. Lisa is so easy to deal with as well as her crew. Every job the team has done for me has been so easy and quick. I have never had work done where the team leaves the site spotless every time. I hardly have anything to clean up when they are complete. I would use the Chix for all my renovations because I found them reliable and professional. The work they do is amazing as well. A great service in East York and other areas. Give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

Gail Misra from Toronto
Gail Misra from Toronto

Bathroom reno

A friend recommended Chix Who Fix, and we were so happy with our experience with Lisa and her crew! We had a full gut of our main bathroom done, and installation of all new tiles, fixtures, and a vanity. As it was our only full bathroom, it had to be done in a 3 week window while we were on vacation. We returned to a beautiful new bathroom, done on time and on budget! The toilet roll holder had not been sent with the other items, so Lisa had to come back to install that and paint around the wall, and that too was done with no extra cost to us. We love our bathroom, and recommend Chix Who Fix to anyone for the excellent service provided.

Thank you for the wonderful review. We enjoyed working with you as well and could only hope all of our clients are as great to work with as you are.

Viktor
Viktor

kitchen reno

We own a small semi-detached home in the Beach for 10 years. We decided after this time to update our kitchen to give it a modern flair.It was our dream. However, partially due to the low quality of work delivered by Chix Who Fix, our project turned out to be more a nightmare than a dream.

After obtaining several quotes and meeting with different contractors, we believed that Chix Who Fix were the right choice to go with. Lisa definitely had us convinced she knew what she was talking about; her communication skills and her theoretical knowledge appeared to be very high. She sounded a bit like Mike Holmes at times (make it right! Code says this!, etc.) She also provided us with great references. We could not wait for Lisa and her crew to start the demolition work to prepare for our cabinet maker to install the new kitchen. The work started the 1st week of August 2014. After 5 months, December 29, we gave up on Lisa and stared finishing the job ourselves.

In short, there is not one item that Chix Who Fix touched that was properly done. Two months into the project, when we saw the progress and the quality of work, we had 2 other contractors come in and evaluate what it would cost to fire Lisa and Chix Who Fix, but unfortunately neither of the contractors would take on the job, both said they would have to undo all that was done to date by Chix Who Fix and redo it all.

To illustrate, here are some examples:
Hard wood floors – the floors were permanently damaged by uneven sanding (deep ridges were made all over the maple wood), and all surrounding baseboards were damaged by the sanding machine. Stain was put over unswept dust. Floor looks like disaster.
Kitchen ceiling – one of the worsts mistakes made is the sloppiness of our ceiling, which had a step in it and required removal of the dry wall and reinstalling it to level it. Instead of this process, Lisa elected the cheap option by mudding the step, which results in an optical disaster
Backsplash and floor tiles – tiles are unevenly glued to the wall/floor with grout unevenly spread - very obvious to the naked eye.
Faucet install – we spent $750 on a brand new faucet, unfortunately Lisa did not install it properly, it is not properly attached it is loose and wobbly. Additionally she had to come back twice to fix a leak under the sink, which she blamed on the poor dishwasher design.
Paint job – did not bother plastering any wholes or imperfections, simply applied paint, this in spite of being told that some area were peeling. There too, only paint was applied over the uncorrected surface.
Unnecessary work – Lisa failed to read the kitchen drawings or to properly communicate with the kitchen makers, which resulted in her building an unnecessary extension of the ceiling and also in wrong placement of the range hood exhaust pipe that had to be moved.

Our complaints about the lack of quality were always met with a quick excuse, such as: it is an old house, it is the floors fault, the previous renovation work wasn’t done properly, or “I said I would the best I can”…

In conclusion, there is not one part of the job that was properly done. All the work is sloppy, botched, with absolutely no attention to detail, zero craftsmanship and definitely no care or any pride. As a matter of fact, Lisa never finished the job. We have ended up plastering and repainting the walls and also had a plumber come in to fix the faucet, etc. Now we will have to hire somebody to fix the uneven ceiling. Considering our experience, I would NEVER rehire or recommend Chix Who Fix to anyone.

Joan in East york
Joan in East york
3 reviews East York, ON

plumbing

I would have written sooner but didn't realize Lisa was listed here. I have used her services twice for plumbing emergenices. Lisa provides prompt, conscientious service and makes suggestions for improvements. I have had a number of bad experiences with plumbers in the past but I am happy to say that Lisa is an exception. I can recommend Lisa to you without reservation.

More about Chix Who Fix

Chix who fix is a female owned and operated renovation company. What sets us apart from other contractors? We listen to what you want, we respect your home and treat your home like our own. We understand that you need to continue to live in your home, we leave your ...