Burl-Oak Landscaping

HomeStars  >  Interlocking Stone in Oakville  >  Burl-Oak Landscaping

Reviews for Burl-Oak Landscaping

E & N in Mississauga
E & N in Mississauga

Backyard stone patio and side walkways

We had been putting off replacing our hulking wrap around deck for 13 years. We didn't have the time or money to change it. Finally we decided we want a backyard stone patio to replace it. We went to home stars to find the best companies. This one and a few others came up. We had a few visits, others didn't show up. We decided to go with Burl-oak Landscaping for a few reasons. First was Mark came to our place and gave us a wealth of knowledge on what the process is and what would work for us in our price range. We didn't want cheap or expensive. We just wanted the most bang for the buck. Mark answered all our questions, and there were many. He provided us with several recommendations in brochures. The second reason is the price and integrity. The price was about right for project based on other quotes. Finally what impressed us was the fact that they are fully insured. 1st thing mentioned on the contract. If you want cheap under the table don't call these guys. They are honest and provide great work. The stone was delivered and later many workers arrived. They had the old monster deck removed in no time. Next came the digging equipment and pulling out several old footers. Finally the 'gravel' and stone was put into place. In 2 days we had 2 walk ways (one on each side of the house and a 12X12 patio that fits our patio furniture nicely. We are very happy with your work! I would highly recommend these guys if you want the job done right the first time. Thanks Burl-oak Landscaping.

Thanks so much for this freat review. We definetely strive to be as clear and trasnparent as possible. It was a pleasure serving you and your family.

Katen in Burlington
Katen in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Backyard Reno

We moved to a new house last year and the back yard needed some work, we initially had a number of trees removed to help us understand the actual size of the space.

This year we decided to bite the bullet and have the entire garden done to allow us to use it for the summer months with our 2 year old. We requested a number of people to come and have a look and provide us with a quote for the work. What stood out initially was how friendly and open Mark was; he was knowledgeable and provided insight into our options, worked with us to ensure he understood what we wanted.

While we were reviewing the cost and proposals from the other companies, Mark still reached out to discuss options - there was a willingness to work with us which gave us confidence in Mark and the team. Once we selected Burloak, Mark was round to finalize the project and advised on timescales, method of payments etc.

The work actually started ahead of time, Mark also advised of a tree stump removal company we could reach out to. Crysal was great advising when material would arrive. The team on site were polite, had a great work ethic and just got on with the work in hand. The project was completed quicker than i expected. Ant damage due to the work was rectified by the team, a walk though with myself was conducted to make sure we were happy with the work as well.

Overall, this was a great experience working with Burloak, when you are paying a significant amount of money to improve your home you want someone who is professional and understands what you want, i believe this team ticks all the boxes. We will be using them again for sure!

thanks for the great review. We are glad you are enjoying your new backyard patio.

Omar+Saf in Guelph
Omar+Saf in Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

Basement Reno

After about 3 years in our home we decided to finally get our partially finished basement completed. Louay and Michael did a fantastic job from start to finish! They provided us with lots of choices/advice and were very receptive to our feedback. Our job involved putting in a bathroom, making a laundry room, breaking down existing walls, painting and some electrical work. The whole process took about 3 weeks and we could not be happier with the results! Now we can finally use our basement to entertain company in our new guest bedroom. We also have a kids play area that is easy to supervise. Would highly recommend this company for any interior renovations you have in mind :)

thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you and your wife. I look forward to upgrading your home both inside and outside anytime you should feel we're needed.

Karin CV in Burlington
Karin CV in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

New Stone Patio and Waterproofing

We just had our back patio redone and our foundation waterproofed. The experience was fantastic from start to finish. Mark (the Sales Guy) was quick to discourage us from choosing a more expensive option when the less expensive option more than met our needs. Louay and the team on site was fast and courteous working well with the other contractors we had on site. They would be my first call for any future work. A+

Thank you Karin for the great review. i hope you are enjoying your hot tub and patio. you have an amazing back yard. look forward to servicing any additional needs you may have. Cheers and enjoy your new patio.

Charles speranza in Toronto
Charles speranza in Toronto

Walkway and driveway

We just had our front/back walkway and driveway completed.(lots of complemts) Louay, Mike and their team did a great job. They were on time every day, professional and offered ideas and recommendations on how to improve the landscaping area. I definitely recommend then for any landscaping work. Thanks.

Charles & Helen

Thank you Charles for the great opportunity to work with you. I'm so happy of the way things turned out. please do not hesitate to ask should you require anything else.

Laura in Burlington
Laura in Burlington
1 review , ON

Backyard leveling, French Drain and Stonework in Front and Backyard

We are very pleased with the work Louay's team did for us. We had quite a lot of work done and they completed it in three days with their large team of hard working guys! Everything looks terrific and we've had many compliments on the quality of work.

Thank you Laura for the great review. it was a pleasure working on your project and with your family. please do not hesitate to call us shoukd you require anything else.

UC
UC
1 review Milton, ON

Tile work. Patio. Land scaping.

I had my patio (tile work) completed last summer. Louay, Mike and their team have worked very professionally. Once I discussed what I need, they did it exactly without even supervising their work. This team can also give you better ideas in terms of cost saving. I will definitely recommend this team for others.

Thank you so much UC for the review. We enjoyed working on your project and look forward to helping you with any other means going into the future.

Burlington
Burlington
2 reviews Burlington, ON

“Complete Back Yard Transformation - Bottom Line – Hire Burl-Oak Landscaping for Top Notch Construction and Crew!”

Project – Complete back yard and side yard renovation consisting of re-grade of entire property, over 2200 sq. ft. interlock patio behind house, around pool and fire pit area, Prescott gas fire pit, stone pool coping, Prescott water feature wall with two sheer decent LED waterfalls and two large diving rocks, over 14 tons of armour stone walls and garden borders, multilevel retaining walls, large stone slab stairway, and complete re-sod of property.

Refer to pictures! All this was completed with a 12 man crew in 8.5 days! This is a large property with a large magnitude scope of work – not a typical small back yard reno. Property is also multi-tiered with a hill at the side of the house with a large pool and property backs onto a ravine.

I will start by saying Burl-Oak Landscaping made my 4 year dream design come true. They were an unknown entity to me. I found them on-line and gave them a call. I started with Mark Shessel and worked with him for a month or more on my project details and multiple iterations of the quote per my design and BOL’s suggested improvements. Mark was extremely professional and responsive and such a nice guy to deal with. He provided detail and was very thorough and provided everything in writing in a professional quote and contract so that there was no potential for any misunderstandings later when the project began. Mark is very dedicated and communicates day and night and follows up on all items and leaves no loose ends. He spent a lot of time with me on my property and offsite selecting materials.
Prior to the actual construction began, the owner Louay (also a great guy) and his entire crew came to the property with Mark and even his office employee Beth, to meet me and review the project scope with me. Their crew of 12 (Michael, Winston, Tony, Caesar, etc...) were all great guys, professional, and an absolute pleasure to deal with. I will summarize the people by saying they all take pride in their high quality work and they are extremely hard working like none I’ve seen before. I need to add that I am a hard worker myself, have high standards, and I admit I am very particular and expect high quality end results and respect those who do as they say and say as they do. Having said that, BOL had no issues delivering on all of the above without my influence! I was pleasantly surprised and relieved. There were no communication issues or problems with any one person for the entire project. That in itself is impressive given a project of this magnitude can be stressful. Louay relieved any of my concerns prior to the start of the project with his confidence and experience on being able to get the entire job done in a quality fashion. I was skeptical and cautious at first to be honest, but shortly after beginning, all my concerns were alleviated when I saw Louay and his crew in action.

They started on the day they had promised and finished earlier than I had expected. They arrived every day early and left late every day and also worked through the weekend. They always checked with me along the way to ensure each detail was constructed as we had agreed or suggested alternatives if they had better construction or design ideas. Everything they did was accurate and high quality. There were no short cuts nor were there any extras costs (except extras I asked for) at the end of the project when it came time to pay the balance. They left the property looking incredible and ready for garden beds.

What more can a customer want!
I will continue to recommend Burl-Oak Landscaping and I will have them back for additional projects.
Thank you Louay, Mark, and your entire crew for making dreams come true.
Tony

Wow. Thanks so much for this review. We loved working on your project and live the photos of the finished project even more. We're just waiting now for the invite to the BBQ of the century. So happy we made it all work out for you andnplease dont hesitate to call us for anything.

Lisa Lam
Lisa Lam

Backyard Makeover

We moved into a big house with a fenced in backyard with a dream of the kids playing in the backyard.... then we learned that something(s) lived under the deck and the backyard was graded incorrectly and flooded the basement and was swampy in portions. In came Burl-Oak to the rescue - they removed the deck, dug down to our footings and waterproofed a whole wall of the house, regraded the whole backyard, put in a beautiful new lawn and a wonderful interlock patio and walkway. Now its a dream come true!

They even added a few surprise perks like graduated steps from our garage entrance to the walkway after seeing our toddler/pre-schooler climb the existing big step, and adjusting the backyard gate which had become off-kilter and never really opened/closed smoothly. So now we can actually access our new space safely and with ease!

With our 2 little ones home to "oversee" the project out the patio door/windows - every worker who came was on their best behaviour. No complaints about new bad words, bad behaviours, etc based on the monkey-see/monkey-do stage our kids are in! Everyone was professional, courteous and great to work with. We had a wonderful experience with Mark and Louay and will call them again when its time for our next project!

thank you lisa for the wonderfull review it was great seeing the transformation of your backyard as it was working on it. im happy that you can use your large yard now and let the kids run wild. hope tp hear from you.

Andre P. in Mississauga
Andre P. in Mississauga

Top-notch service and workmanship

We found Burl-Oak via Homestars for a driveway renewal and front-porch redo. They were third on the list to call. Only Burl-Oak called back. The first two Homestars "top-rated" reviews talked to us like they were doing us a favour. Their loss.

Mark was on the ball from the start! Promtly called back. Excellent customer experience. Mark was efficient, detailed, precise, friendly, and forthcoming. Managed all expectations. Beth was very polite, and efficient with excellent follow up. And the workmanship of the team in removing, leveling, resurfacing, relaying the new stones is to be seen to be believed. Excellent project management and delivery.

The new driveway is like night and day. It is the neighbours envy on the street. Even slows down the traffic when the cars race to beat the lights. Even the Rinox representative visited the finished product to take photos and assess the workmanship. A nice touch!

Thank you Mark at the entire team at Burl-Oak. Quality all around.

Highly recommended!

Thank you Andre for the great review. we always strive to do the best we can and we're happy you appreciate our efforts. look forward to working with you again in the near future.

More about Burl-Oak Landscaping

We are a proffesional Design and Build Landscape Contractor. We service the Western Toronto, From Etobicoke to Hamilton and beyond. We take pride in the work we do, and spend time with each an every potential client to ensure the final outcome meets their expectations. We are not your discount Landscaper, we are meticulous, and set high standards for ourselves.

We offer Landscape Design, Contruction, and Lighting. We take on jobs from as small as walkways to as large as complete backyard makeovers. We have Finished carpenters on staff, so consider us your one stop shop for all your outdoor needs, from decks to interlock patio's, flagstone, to complete outdoor (12v) lighting systems.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Lou'ay & Mark