Norstar Exteriors

Joseph in Bracebridge
Joseph in Bracebridge
1 review Bracebridge, ON

Complete Exterior Reno - Total NIGHTMARE

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! The radio ads make them sound so professional. They are incompetent, non communicative and will tell you to take them to court if you have a problem, after you've paid.
Don't pay attention to the Facebook reviews, Norstar controls what is posted.
Ask around, I've had so many people tell me they have experienced or heard horror stories too. I've also spoken to home building companies who have outsourced portions of their jobs to Norstar and had nothing but issues. They have to send their own project manager out to keep an eye on them. Eavesdrops falling off after one good snow fall, siding falling off, buckling siding, etc. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew in Orillia
Andrew in Orillia
1 review Orillia, ON

Eavestroughs/Fascia

They came and did the job last summer. Were fast to send contracts and invoices but slow getting the work done and ended up killing off a mature virginia creeper somehow. This spring about 15-20 feet of eavestrough had fallen off because they were attached to rotten wood. Again they were quick to send someone to quote (although we never saw the person actually come by) and send another contract. So they don't guarantee their workmanship as the quote/contract was for another thousand bucks+++ it took 7 weeks for them to finally get someone to come and fix after sending contract back. Person fixed it but left debris everywhere, including in lower eavestroughs. Poor craftsmanship and terrible customer service. They were supposed to show up a couple times to fix and were no-shows and no one bothered to call us and tell us why, we had to call them and keep nagging them. In the end they did send some people over and cleaned up the debris. Stay away from this company. The work they did wasn't even custom, it was all stock. Overpriced, slow, and poor quality.

Review has 1 previous version
Richard Armstrong in Bracebridge
Richard Armstrong in Bracebridge
1 review Nobel, ON

Siding

I had siding installed on my garage at the cottage and it has been falling off since install. Like another review I read about this company, I have called 10 times or more and all I get is excuses.

They are good at one thing, collecting final payment.

Private User reviews Bala, ON

Evestrough

Where do I start with respect to the installation of the eavestrough.
Errors:
1. Incorrectly sloped allowing pooling of water
2. Damage to roofing shingles
3. Did not integrate eavestrough with drip edges so water goes in behind facia
4 Screws holding downspout to eavestrough are so long they catch all debris blocking the downspout
5. Jamed eavestrough up so high that it curled and deformed shingles which now leak because of this

We have phoned a minimum of 8 times to have them come out and inspect and fix. They keep promising to get back to us and they have not. I have to call weekly. I was promised a return call on a Monday to confirm a site visit for repairs - still waiting two weeks later.

We have now had to hire a second company to come out and fix the botched installation at an additional co$t to us! The list goes on but this company doesn't try to fix their installation mistakes by promising to come out - they just ignore everything you tell them or make false promises of repairs.

The initial work was done first week of June and now it is first week of October and still nothing! No amount of talking to any of the sales guys, owner of the company, the receptionist - doesn't get anywhere.

This company was recommended to me and I have not a clue as to why they would be. They could have made things right from the get go and had a satisfied customer - now they just have a customer that is angry and unsatisfied!

Lawrence Meehan in Milton
Lawrence Meehan in Milton
1 review Milton, ON

Siding

This company was competitively priced, and they also stood behind their excellent service and fine products. They provided good workmanship and in addition, they were most pleasant to work with. I recommend them.