We were looking to purchase our first home. After looking at our options we decided to buy new. This was around February 2010.
We were told of an upcoming release of new townhomes available for occupancy in September 2010, but we would have to wait two weeks for them to be released. After the wait, we went in to see what was available, only to discover they are available for occupancy in November 2010. No big deal, only two more months.
We signed the agreement with the November closing date and went on our merry way. We then receive a registered letter in August stating that the closing has now been delayed until March 2011.
Around rolls the end of September and our builder then informs us that there is a further delay, due to permit issues, and occupancy is now May 2011. This is now a full 8 months from our what we were originally told. I really hope the house we do finally get is worth the wait.
Would we buy new again? I'm not sure, would we buy from Empire again? This house had better be beyond our expectations for that to happen.