1155 Lola St, Unit 8 Ottawa ON K1K 2C5

Best of 2014 winner 4 timesBest of 2014winner 4 times

Reviews for Strokes of Genius Painting and Genius GC

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Kitchen refacing and backsplash

We worked with Daniel on recommendation from Swedish Door on a kitchen refacing, repainting and tile project. Daniel was responsive, helpful and creative, and we love how our kitchen came out. As with any refacing job, small unforeseen problems arose as we retrofitted what we had in place already, but Daniel was always quick with a solution, making multiple trips to the job site (and Home Depot) without complaint. We really appreciate his attention to detail and helpful attitude.

Hopkins Contracting
Hopkins Contracting

Painting

Daniel and his crew are awesome , work is always done on time and Ive never been disappointed. I have been using Strokes of Genius painting on multiple jobs for 3 years.

Dan LeBlanc
Dan LeBlanc

Bathroom renovation

A friend recommended Dan and Stroke of Genius for our bathroom Reno. From day one, we were extremely pleased by the work done by Dan and his team. He even showed up with coffee on the first day. Can’t beat that!! We were so pleased with his work that we’ve already recommended Stroke of Genius to a family member, and would be more than happy to recommend to anyone else who’s looking for an awesome team for any home renovation project.

Isabelle in Scarborough
Isabelle in Scarborough

Highly recommended

I will definitely vouch for this company; these guys were professional and performed top quality work in our unit for extremely competitive and decent prices. I highly recommended them as they were conscientious in their work ethic and application, and were patient with our pickiness. Thank you Daniel, Connor and Emma for super-satisfactory results and experience.

Thank you so much for your review Isabelle! Means a lot to us and we're happy to have provided you with top class service!

www.ottawa-house-painters.com

Interior house painting, patching, mudding, sanding

I hired Strokes of Genius Painting when I first bought my house. They were amazing, fast, and professional. I used the company again more recently for ceiling repairs and painting and had the same great results. The prices are very reasonable and I doubt you would find a better deal out there. I highly recommend Stokes of Genius for any big or small projects.

Thank you for your amazing review! We strive for quality professional service done quickly, conveniently, and at a great price!

alenaiouguina in Nepean
alenaiouguina in Nepean

Impeccable quality

Daniel and his team took on my project on a very short notice and did an excellent job! I was putting my house on the market and needed to prepare it within a week. The quality of painting is great, the edges are crisp, the layers look perfectly even, and the price was more than fair. They also worked with the stager to ensure that the colours are correct and that the walls and ceilings look perfect for the photos.

Daniel also communicated with me throughout the entire process: he gave me an accurate estimate of the length of the project, how many painters will work the job, and made sure the painters leave the site clean after the job is done.

Overall, 10/10!

Thank you so much for your review! We're happy to have assisted you on short notice! We're always ready and rearing to go and are one phone-call or click away!

Anthony in Ottawa
Anthony in Ottawa

Outstanding on all fronts

We had a number recommendations from one of Ottawa's top realtors. After seeing a few, we knew that Strokes of Genius was the best choice - and they didn't disappoint at all.
While assessing the project, Daniel gave us a thorough overview of his company (things like years of experience, insurance, and security...which frankly matter a fair bit). When his price came in, we were pleased that it was well within our budget...in fact the best price we received!
The morning of the project Emma and Connor arrived exactly when they said they would, introduced themselves and immediately went to work...total professionals with exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, and cleanliness. The painting included some extremely high ceilings, worn base boards and window frames, and more scuffs and nail-pops than I'd noticed over the past 20 years. The finished product was outstanding...almost makes it look like a brand new house!
Thank you Strokes of Genius- and thanks Emma and Connor!

Appreciate the review Anthony! We're glad to help you and glad to have been able to live up to the high praise that our community speaks of us!

John W in Ottawa
John W in Ottawa

Clean & Professional

While this wasn't the most glamorous project request, it needed to be done right. I needed to revert the dark, jewel-toned walls in my rental back to their original, white state, with the usual minor wall repairs. I left Daniel and his team with the keys, and went about my business elsewhere...moving, etc. A couple of days later, I had a perfect job, and not a trace that the painters, or I had ever been there. Just what I needed. Great job, guys! (not sure how this review ended up in "Duct Cleaning", but, anyway...)

Hi John, thank you for the review! No matter what way shape or form it comes in, with Strokes of Genius we're always happy to provide a positive outcome with a smile!

Thanks for choosing us!

Melissa in Ottawa
Melissa in Ottawa

Kitchen Reno & Paint Job

Strokes of Genius was hired to do our kitchen renovation and to paint the main floor and most of the 2nd floor of our house. Dan worked with us to collaborate on ideas for what would work in our space, what would meet our needs and what would achieve our desired aesthetic. He went above and beyond to research alternative options for us and helped us to find products that would work in our space, such as a hood fan and garbage bins. Wenare very happy with the end result.

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our kitchen renovation and painting work at your home Melissa! It was pleasure working for you and thanks for being patient as we worked through some of the design challenges together. Until next time!

oscbol13 in Ottawa
oscbol13 in Ottawa

Painting for full house

Daniel and his team did a very nice work. This is a very professional company. You notice the professionalism since you receive the estimates. Very clear and precise. The painters Christian and Eleno did an excellent job. Very punctual every morning and took care of every detail. This is our second job with Daniel's company and both of them have been a very pleased experience.

Thanks so much for your positive feedback Oscar! We have loved working for you both times and my only regret is that we have now painted your entire new home and there is nothing left for us to do!

More about Strokes of Genius Painting and Genius GC

At Strokes of Genius Painting and Genius General Contracting, we pride ourselves on delivering quality, guaranteed workmanship at a reasonable price... AND on a reasonable timeframe! We strive to be the perfect one-stop-shop for any of your home improvement needs. Whether your project is as simple as painting a bathroom, or as complicated as a full kitchen renovation... or anything in between, give us a call to see why we are the best company in Ottawa to guide you through the process. We are a 100% local company, no franchise fees back to Toronto or elsewhere, just a tight-knit team of skilled local painters and trades excited to help you transform your home!

Our reviews speak for themselves-- over 7 years of overwhelmingly 10/10 reviews from happy clients who hired us for all kinds of painting and home improvement projects, and were extremely happy with the results. After you read through our testimonials here, check out our websites for many more photos of our work and lots more information about the Genius advantage: www.StrokesofGenius.ca for painting, and www.GeniusGC.ca for everything else!