Crs Granite & Cabinets

Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design
ON Ancaster

Reviews for Crs Granite & Cabinets

Kitchen renovation

CRS was great to work with! The design made great use of the space. The workmanship was meticulous, on schedule, and the worksite was cleaned at the end of each day. We’re really happy with our new kitchen, and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend CRS to anyone needing renovation work.

Thank you for your kind words! We all enjoyed working with you on your kitchen renovation! We appreciate the feedback & look forward to working with you again in the future should you need anything else!

Best Regards,
CRS Granite

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Resetting kitchen sink and repair of granite counter

Our under mount sink had dropped away from the granite counter. Additionally, one area of our counter had separated from the wall.

The repairs were done exceptionally well and within a short time of our request.

From start to finish, we were impressed with the professionalism and service of the CRS team.

Thank you for your kind words. We were happy to help in the repairing of your existing granite countertop. Not many people know we will perform service repairs on other fabricator's counters, so thank you for sharing your experience! Should you need anything in the future please don't hesitate to call.

DJM in Burlington
DJM in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Granite kitchen countertop and backsplash renovation

Great attention to detail. Measurements were taken twice and then a third time to confirm a questionable number.
They were always on time, or phoned if they were going to be late, even a few minutes.
Work was done in the scheduled time. Site was kept neat and tidy.
We now have new updated granite counter tops, a new granite table and backsplash, which we love.
We would highly recommend CRS for granite work.

Thank you for your kind words! All of us at CRS enjoyed working with you on your kitchen counter & backsplash project. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. We take great pride in the quality of our workmanship and appreciate the feedback. Hope you're enjoying your beautiful kitchen!

Finish Basement

We had a great experience with CRS! Finishing our basement was something we've wanted to do since we purchased the house and we found CRS working on another house in our neighborhood. The crew and staff were great, they answered our questions, made suggestions for materials and even improved the plans we initially had to close in the furnace area.

Our basement was unfinished when we started, with a bit of work done by the previous owners - which CRS fixed and improved. We wanted to keep the open space of the main area but decided to close off the furnace and water heater, so we created a utility room. Everything else was framed and drywalled, with doors added to separate the laundry room and workshop. A new door was also installed for the cold cellar. We can often have a number of computers running in the basement so we made sure to install additional outlets and pot lights so CRS's electrician increased our power by installing a "pony" box to extend our existing electrical box. Our stairs and landing also got a makeover, CRS added proper support for the landing and closed off the back of the stairs. The only thing not taken care of was around the windows - CRS asked about finishing the window boxes but we opted not to have them finished as we are hoping to replace the windows relatively soon, so CRS left them unfinished at our request.

There was a bit of a hiccup in the timeline of our renovation as we decided to install a backwater valve in our sewer pipe - something that can only be done from a plumber selected by the city, for us to be eligible for a rebate - as well as repair work to the pipe itself as damage had been caused by our tree roots. The plumber that we choose from a list of about 5 options (city selected) was not very good and caused delays. CRS was unable to continue parts of the renovation because of this plumbing company until they were done, but once those issues were taken care of, CRS was back at it completing the job.

The work CRS did is fantastic, they listened to what we wanted and they delivered! We love our new basement!

Thank you for your kind words! We enjoyed working with you on your basement renovation. All of us at CRS appreciate when customers take the time to write about their experience, as we take great pride in the quality of our workmanship and appreciate the feedback. Hope you enjoy your beautiful new space!

Refactored Drums in Grimsby
Refactored Drums in Grimsby
1 review Grimsby, ON

Kitchen renovation

My wife and I could not ask for a better company to work with. We found the best people at CRS Granite and over the course of 2017 we employed them for two kitchen make over jobs. They redid our cabinets, back splash and counter and STAYED on budget. There were no shortcuts taken and the work was professional with no dust left behind.

Thanks CRS Granite.

Thank you for your kind words. All of us at CRS truly enjoyed working with you on your kitchen, it looks beautiful.

Best Regards,
CRS Granite

Wesselectric
Wesselectric

Kitchen Renovation

We highly recommend Doug and the staff at CRS Granite for your next renovation. They were very helpful from the planning stage right through to the clean up. We were pleased to see them go above and beyond to make sure our kitchen renovation was what they said it would be even though they were working with a 100+ year old home. In the end we have our dream kitchen and look forward to them coming back to redo our basement.

Hamilton in
Hamilton in

Main bathroom renovation

I hired CRS to renovate my upstairs bathroom and they did a superb job! They replaced my tub, toilet, re-tiled the shower walls and floor. They also installed all new baseboards, vanity, mirror and added accent lighting. Their team were professional and knowledgeable. The job was done to my expectations and was done quickly so it was functional without a lot of disruption. I couldn't be happier! I highly recommend CRS and I will be calling them back to do my basement.

Juliette G in Hamilton
Juliette G in Hamilton

Bathroom Renovation

CRS renovated my bathroom last year and did a great job. I was happy with the company from start to finish -- the office staff was friendly and helpful, our design consultant was knowledgeable and assisted us in making the right decisions for what we needed and the crew was experienced, they were always happy to answer all our questions regarding our reno...they even wore company t-shirts which was an added level of professionalism that's hard to find elsewhere. I would definitely recommend CRS.

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Kitchen Counter & New Cabinets

CRS Granite installed my kitchen counter, new and modified cabinets in May. The owner himself came out to the sales appointment which I thought made it very personal. He was a very technically savvy guy. I was happy he came out as, due to the issues we had with our project area, we didn't think we would be able to do anything, however, Doug came up with more than one solution to choose from. He explained each one in detail. He didn't even push us to buy, he simply told us to think about them and left us feeling so comfortable. He didn't push a brand new kitchen gut and redo on us like all our other companies we got quotes from. Instead he was able to modify most cabinets and build two new ones which brought our cost down. He genuinely told us what he would do if he were us and we appreciated his honest opinion. We are so happy we went with CRS! The guys did a great job and I get compliments on it to this day.

Zsuzsanna in Herndon
Zsuzsanna in Herndon

Kitchen refacing product quality issues and customer service by owner

I have hired CRS granite to reface our kitchen cabinets in 2013 summer. They came out give us a lot of choices and even suggetsed to add drawers in some of the awkward cabinets to have better use of the space. They did a good job at the time, although I was not a 100% happy with the finishing of the edges (taping) , but understood soem of the limitations thye fced due to how the cabinets were placed originally. Fast forward lass than 3 years, and the doors started peeling. First the ones around the stove, but then we noticed others as well. I asked if it was still under warranty, I was told no, and was provided with a quote of 800+HST to replace 2 doors , and the paneling around the stove (Nov 24, 2015). There was no formal quote attached to the email, no details, only the number. Due to the holidays and some family emergencies I did not get to order the work until late January 2016 , when the president of CRS Granite let me know that the price went up by a whopping 55% , and when I questioned why and noted it was quite steep of an increase and I was not notified in their quote how long it was valid for, or even got the breakdown of the cost, I was told that he does not have a wish to work fro free, and that he does not appreciate customers who don't value his hard work and disrespectful of his staff (he could not answer when I ever had done that- every communication was in email, so easy to trace), and that I should take it up with the Canadian government to support small business if I don't want to pay the high prices (quote) "Had you purchased last year we would not be having this conversation. We cannot change the cost of doing business, unless our Canadian Governments starts to support the manufacturing sector. I have no desire to participate in any transaction that produces no profit. The price is the price"...and the tirade went on and on, accusing me of not using the kitchen appropriately.... When I accepted his new (still not detailed pricing), and noted that I have no other options as they did the original work, so I can only have them to fix it, or replace all kitchen cabinet doors, he wrote to me that he is refusing to work for me, and I should hire someone else. As there were no other companies willing to fix the substandard product they left me with, I went to Home depot, spent $15 on glue and clamps and in 2 hours + drying time I fixed the warped edges. They did not turn out to be perfect but at least they were presentable. Unfortunately I did into check the BBB or any reviews before I hired them. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Not because of the staff, but as the owner is so disrespectful to his customers, and in denial of any quality issues. This is clear if one reads this responses to review on BBB, which are all very poor. He blames his clients for everything that goes wrong with his product and service, has no courtesy towards his customers- this is evident form my interaction with him, and also from his responses to any negative reviews. Look at the pictures...they speak for themselves...

CRS Granite completed its contractual obligations in July of 2012 for $6,555.88, not $9000 as claimed by this person.
On Oct 28, 2015, the client submitted a warranty claim, along with pictures which was reviewed by our door manufacture, who later determined that the issue was caused by excessive amounts of steam, where moisture has been left sitting on the surface of the door for long durations of time. The clients claim was declined and an estimate of $800 + HST to replace the damaged items was presented on Nov 15, 2015.
At the same time, CRS recommended that the client check the stove hood exhaust system to make sure it had sufficient air movement to redirect steam away from the cabinets. If stove hood is not pulling the steam or venting properly, then the unit should checked to see the unit needs cleaning or if the vent pipe outside your home is clogged. If after cleaning, the steam is still not being redirected away from the cabinets, we suggested the hood should be replaced with a stronger unit that has a higher CFM rating.
On Nov 16, 2015, the client agreed with CRS’s assessment, components to be replaced and amount, which was payable in advance, coordinated by our Office Manager. After numerous attempts to finalize the sale and collect payment, CRS closed its service file on Nov 30, 2015 given that the client ignored all efforts.
On Feb 5, 2016, the client contacted CRS looking to move forward with the project, which was forwarded on to Doug Jones (President of CRS) who responded, starting that CRS could not hold the original price because supplier prices increased by 30% (US vs Canadian Dollar), combined with another 25% on CRS’s side due to increases in the cost of operations. The revised estimate was $1240 + HST.
Shortly after the e-mail was sent, the client called CRS’s Office Manager demanding CRS hold the original price, claiming that our products were inferior and that her previous doors from the builder were better, and that it was unreasonable to expect her to pay for replacements. The call ended abruptly with the client hanging up after 10 minutes of complaining over the phone.
Later that day, the client sent the following e-mail “well I really have no choice do I? a 55% hike is very steep and I would appreciate some flexibility. I understand that I am out of warranty but altogether I am getting to a price for which I could have built a new kitchen and not just refacing.... is there anything you can do?”
CRS responded: “Had you purchased last year we would not be having this conversation. We cannot change the cost of doing business, unless our Canadian Governments starts to support the manufacturing sector. I have no desire to participate in any transaction that produces no profit. The price is the price.”
Client’s response: “ok. I will go with this as I have no options. I am not a happy as there was no mentioning of any price hikes especially not this significant. I had to delay due to my father passing totally unexpected. but of course business is business. when will the new doors and installed and all the other warped edginf g be fixed? I want to make sure there are no more surprises.”
CRS responded: “Sorry to hear about your loss. We do not send out price increase announcements because we price by the job. Quotes are valid for 30 days which is an industry standard. We have no control over costs and I refuse to work for free, or for anyone who does not appreciate our efforts. Based on recent interaction and comments feel that we are not a good fit, therefore, we’ll pass. “
On Feb 26, 2016, the client responded “ just wanted to ask if the below comment from you is your final decision related to the quality issue related exchange of the doors and the price hike communicated to me after receiving your quote for the job. also would like to mention that I was not given a detailed quote itemizing the cost of manufacturing and installation, validity if the quote and payment terms.”
CRS responded: “Respectfully, I have no desire to subject our valued employees to any Customer who is not happy with our efforts, prices, products, services, or who is unwilling to accept our policies and procedures. Your recent interactions and comments, leaves me with impression that we are not a good fit, therefore, it only makes sense for us to pass on the work.
We have no control how a customer uses or how they care for the products we install. The cause of the damage was explained and you were advised that it was not covered under warranty. If it was covered under warranty, we would have exchanged the components, at our expense, as any other reputable company would do.
We price by the job which was outlined on Nov 16, 2015, based on the attached pictures you sent us. Our payment terms were also outlined on Nov 17, 2015. You were given an estimate to repair, not a quote. Our repair estimates are converted into a quote at time of acceptance and are valid for 30 days. Repair quotes are converted into an order confirmation once we have payment details. After the service is complete, and our service work-order has been signed off, the order confirmation is converted into invoice following standard accounting procedures.”
CRS has been in business for 11 years, with thousands of happy customers throughout Southern, Ontario and is an accredited member of BBB. We are extremely proud of the products and services we deliver, and make every effort to be understanding, fair and reasonable, however, there are some situations where going separate ways is the best approach for all involved, despite this negative review.

More about Crs Granite & Cabinets

At CRS Granite & Cabinets, Dream Renovations for Less is what we do best. One-Stop Shopping direct from the Manufacturer saves time and money. We have cost effective renovation solutions for every space, with a specific focus on KITCHENS, BATHROOMS, BASEMENTS serving Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville and surrounding areas of Ontario. ...
Looking for Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design pros in Ancaster?