J. H. Construction Company

Reviews for J. H. Construction Company

Marina in Newmarket
Marina in Newmarket

Full top-to-bottom renovation

Our experience with JH Construction and crew was phenomenal. We've done several renovations in the past and have quite a bit of experience in this field and we can honestly say that the job done by Jay and crew was above and beyond excellent. General day-to-day communication was prompt and clear. Honesty was carried out throughout the entire project. If Jay could find savings, he always passed on the savings to us (big or tiny). Work ethic was exceptional... Even all neighbours on our street were impressed by the work they were seeing. The workers were the hardest working people we'd ever come across. Our project was completed on budget and several weeks before the anticipated completion date. We had a few challenges throughout the process but Jay was able to come up with solutions quickly and efficiently. We consider ourselves lucky and fortunate to have worked with Jay and his crew. He is the guy I am calling for any future work. Jay takes pride in the work he does and that is simply priceless.

Thank you Marina!

Rob in Old Toronto
Rob in Old Toronto

Master bedroom renovation and hardwood floor installation

J.H. Construction was referred to us by our designer. I have never dealt with a better contracting company. Jay and his team did a fantastic job, and exhibited excellent attention to detail. They treated our project like it was for their own home, going "above and beyond" to get everything just right. J.H. Construction are fast, efficient and the quality of their work is excellent. They consistently arrived when they said they would and met every commitment that they made to us. They even stepped in to help our cabinet installer when the installer had some difficulties. When it turned out that Jay was able to save some money on time and materials, he immediately passed on the savings to us without us having to ask this, which was more than fair. I will most definitely use J.H. Construction again, and I highly recommend them.

Thank you Bob!

E Mott from Toronto
E Mott from Toronto

Basement finishing and bathroom retrofit

Jay and his crew are the most efficient team I have ever encountered, and the quality of their work is great. He is not the cheapest in the business, but you get what you pay for and he doesn’t nickel and dime you when issues inevitably arise. If his quote is half the time of all the others believe it! We will hire him again for other projects and if you are smart you will too :)

Thank you E Mott!

Lisa in Toronto
Lisa in Toronto

Kitchen and Bath Renovations

We are grateful for Jay and his team for renovating our kitchen; hallway and two bathrooms. We were referred to him by Reno Coach as one of the bidders for our project. When Jay first visited to assess the project, he pointed out items that other contractors failed to note. When they were informed of the time frame, they worked accordingly to ensure it was completed on-time. When there were situations that come up through the construction, they were quick to respond and work it out. We appreciated this work ethic and their workmanship. We will certainly use them again!

Thank you Lisa, my pleasure.

Simon from Makham
Simon from Makham

kitchen And other projects

We was referred to Jay through our friend. He asked him to renovate the whole kitchen, add pot lights to our 1st and 2nd floors, and put in a cement floor for the shed house in the backyard. In the initial meeting, I felt that he is the right person for the renov. He is honest and upfront (no sale pitch). He priced the project to do it right the 1st time (i.e. not cut corners). Every planning will experience unexpected problems. Jay has good problem solving skill and know how to deal with the unanticipated problems. They started and ended the project on time and on budget. After the renovation, we love our kitchen, family and living rooms. We highly recommend him to others and wouldn’t hesitate to hire him again in the future.

Thank you Simon.

Lisa Wilkinson from Old Toronto
Lisa Wilkinson from Old Toronto

Master Bathroom Renovation

We were referred to Jay and his team by our neighbours, who had used him through the Reno Coach service to completely redo their kitchen. It looked amazing and so when we decided to do the same thing to our master bathroom, we reached out to him to get a quote. He came in at a very reasonable price for the work compared to the other quotes we received and was very up front and honest during the initial quote when we asked about his opinion on our designs and ideas. The clincher was that his timeline would only be 7 days from demo to completion. We set a date, he came over to confirm all the finishes a few days before construction started, reviewed the very clear schedule in the contract and was very clear on what we needed to provide in terms of materials and when for the work to be done. It was detailed and organized and meant there were no surprises with the budget and no real deviation from the timeline.
Construction went smoothly, the Monday his crew started they were there promptly at the 9am start he promised and there until about 7:30 at night. They did this every day without fail, Jay even provided a lock box on a few nights when we had to be out early so his guys could lock up without us. His crew was very polite and we thought they did an excellent job to keep things clean, despite the mess cutting tile, sanding drywall and demolishing an entire bathroom can make. Jay's brother led things on site and was very attentive in making sure every design element was confirmed with us before it went in. We had a few small delays due to some defective faucets (not their fault) and the shower glass taking a few days longer than expected but they needed only half a day the next week to come back and put the finishing touches on. We ended up with an amazing glassed-in shower with marble tile floor, double vanity and slate floor tiles. It looks great and we are very happy we chose Jay and his team and we'll happily use them again!

Thank you Lisa!

Brendan in Toronto
Brendan in Toronto

Third floor attic renovation

We converted our third floor attic space into a master bedroom suite with a washroom and a deck, added new flooring throughout the house, and moved the laundry room up to the second floor. Jay is the best! He went above and beyond our expectations. He finished the job ahead of schedule, his design recommendations were excellent, and the quality of his construction was top notch. He and his team worked hard for long hours and everyone was extremely responsive. We strongly recommend J.H. Construction!

Thank you Brendan!

Hard Loft in Toronto
Hard Loft in Toronto

Made The Reno Process Pretty Stress Free

I met Jay during a prior reno planning process - via Reiner Hoyer (The Reno Coach). Liked him from the start - clearly he's been in the business for a while and knows what needs to be done. Friendly and quickly picks up what you want. Months later we had a new plan and were about to leave town - could we possible have our new reno ideas happen while we were gone? Jay came by and in a quick 30 minutes I walked him through the house and the changes (glass stair railings and glass half walls, new star treads, new floors upstairs to replace carpets, new electrical lighting and working with a closet company to install some huge new 14 ft built in wardrobes). He had a detailed contract ready the next day with very reasonable payment terms (it was a series of small payments as he hit milestones). I made some quick calls on materials with his help. We set him up with a lockbox and headed out of town for 6 weeks. I think he was done the bulk of the work within 2-3 weeks. He had a full team of guys in to make it go quick. We sorted out final details like paint colours and light fixtures via email. he even went to pick up things for me and I was able to ship fixtures directly to him (for those I bought online). He made long distance renos easy and I did my best to be decisive and stay in touch. He never seemed to be all about the money - in fact I think he hit a number of milestones early and waited to get paid. He was very reasonable about a few final follow up visits to take care of small details. I never felt like anything was a hassle. It's been a couple of months and the quality seems solid in all respects. I suppose time will tell but I'm also confident he will follow up on any issues if they arise. I would certainly use him again and recommend him to friends.

Thank you Hard Loft!

maryd
maryd

Home renovation

I wanted to incorporate the third floor apartment in my house into my second floor space, which required removing a load-bearing wall and rebuilding a narrow attic staircase. Jay was terrific from the first time I met with him, detailing everything in his quote (which was lower than the others), working quickly and steadily, doing extras (like refinishing the floors, which look great) and sticking strictly to the dates he gave me. When the electrical inspector found knob and tube wiring, requiring the wiring in the entire house to be replaced, Jay got electricians in right away to get that done while his team was still around to drywall and paint. He always got back to me quickly when I contacted him, discussed everything and came back weeks later to fix a non-functioning heating vent without charge. I am REALLY happy with the reno, my place looks great. If and when I do more work on my house, he will be the first person I will call, and I've already recommended him to several people.

Thank you Maryd!

Steph
Steph

Full house renovation with 2nd storey addition

We recently completed a full house renovation top to bottom including a 2nd storey addition with Jay and his team. We cannot say enough great things about Jay. We met with a few contractors, and Jay was the only one who made honest suggestions to try to help us cut costs and stay within budget. He is very upfront and honest about costs, and when the project was complete, the final cost was almost spot on with his initial quote, which is almost unheard of. He takes great pride in his work, he is easily reachable and responsive, and the quality of his team's work is amazing. He even finished almost a month earlier than scheduled!

If we were to ever do another project - small or large - we would go to Jay again without hesitation. We have already referred him to friends and family. We are so happy with our beautiful home thanks to Jay and his team!

Thank you Steph!

More about J. H. Construction Company

J. H. CONSTRUCTION COMPANY LTD http: / / www. jhconstructionltd. com/ facebook: https: / / www. facebook. com/ pages/ JH-Construction-Company-LTD/ 1531467397081488?ref=br_rs
Looking for General Contractors pros in Markham?