J. H. Construction Company

MARKHAM ON
HomeStars  >  General Contractors in Markham  >  J. H. Construction Company

Reviews for J. H. Construction Company

maryd

I wanted to incorporate the third floor apartment in my house into my second floor space, which required removing a load-bearing wall and rebuilding a narrow attic staircase. Jay was terrific from the first time I met with him, detailing everything in his quote (which was lower than the others), working quickly and steadily, doing extras (like refinishing the floors, which look great) and sticking strictly to the dates he gave me. When the electrical inspector found knob and tube wiring, requiring the wiring in the entire house to be replaced, Jay got electricians in right away to get that done while his team was still around to drywall and paint. He always got back to me quickly when I contacted him, discussed everything and came back weeks later to fix a non-functioning heating vent without charge. I am REALLY happy with the reno, my place looks great. If and when I do more work on my house, he will be the first person I will call, and I've already recommended him to several people.

Steph

We recently completed a full house renovation top to bottom including a 2nd storey addition with Jay and his team. We cannot say enough great things about Jay. We met with a few contractors, and Jay was the only one who made honest suggestions to try to help us cut costs and stay within budget. He is very upfront and honest about costs, and when the project was complete, the final cost was almost spot on with his initial quote, which is almost unheard of. He takes great pride in his work, he is easily reachable and responsive, and the quality of his team's work is amazing. He even finished almost a month earlier than scheduled!

If we were to ever do another project - small or large - we would go to Jay again without hesitation. We have already referred him to friends and family. We are so happy with our beautiful home thanks to Jay and his team!

Maureen

Our project to build a 2 storey addition with a full basement was daunting.
When we signed our contract with Jay, he said "We are all friends on this site.", and he lived up to his word.
Jay was always helpful, friendly and came up with solutions to problems quickly and efficiently.
The job came in on budget and three weeks early.
We have received many compliments on our home. Thank you, Jay.
We highly recommend Jay, he is extremely hardworking and reliable.

D.

This was our very first renovation experience and the first time we've ever worked with a contractor. We are still in shock about how straightforward and successful this project turned out to be.

Under Jay's leadership, our kitchen reno project went through a full gut-job. The plumbing and electrical were moved, recessed lighting was added, and appliances were installed, with hundreds of other tasks completed in between. Jay's leadership was evident at all stages, from Day 1 to Day 17. Yes, this project took only two and a half weeks from start to finish. We were stunned.

Jay was such a pleasure to work with. Not only was he friendly and accessible, but he and his guys were incredibly speedy, all without overlooking details or compromising on quality.

We could not have been more satisfied with the professionalism and high quality work demonstrated by Jay and his workers throughout all stages of the kitchen renovation process. We are thrilled with our new kitchen and its functionality. We highly recommend J. H. Construction to anyone interested in doing a full renovation project.

Elvin in Toronto

We hired Jay and his crew to do our renovations of a house we just purchased in Toronto. Jay only had 4 weeks to renovate the main and 2nd floor. This included an open concept living space with a new kitchen, hardwood floor throughout the main and 2nd floor, new pot lights and paint. He and his crew worked very long hours in order to get the job done. All the finishes are of high quality and we were able to move into our house just after 3.5 weeks. Jay was a pleasure to work with, he is highly enthusiastic. I highly recommend Jay's service if you are planning to do your house renovations!

Sarah Hines from Old Toronto

Jay essentially renovated our full house from basement to third floor. He was extremely efficient, had great suggestions and was professional from beginning to end. Even my neighbours liked him! I cannot say enough about him and his crew. I am going to miss him!! I would recommend Jay to anyone looking for a complete renovation and wanting it to be finished well and on time!

Michele in Etobicoke

The project included demolition of the entire basement with the removal of a supporting wall and moving the location of the bathroom and laundry room. I Also had the two main floor bathrooms reconfigured and redone.
Jay and his crew were great. Showed up on time everyday and worked long hours. Various changes and any concerns during the project were dealt with without hesitation and quickly. Jay is a pleasure to work, experienced and knowledgeable and efficient in his time management. His guys were also good and I felt very comfortable leaving them to work in the house unattended during the week.
The project turned out great and I would have JH Construction take care of any other projects in the future without hesitation.

Alison from Toronto

We hired Jay to renovate our first floor. This meant taking down all of the existing walls, installing support beams, framing, insulation, drywall, flooring, plumbing, re-wiring and installation of potlights, painting, installation of new appliances, installation of new windows and a new French door (another company did the kitchen cabinets).

Jay was in constant communication with us throughout the project, alerting us to every unexpected issue that came up (and there will always be some in a job of this size) so we were never surprised.

We could not be happier with the work Jay and his team did. They worked so efficiently our job was completed within five weeks - early and slightly under budget (!). The quality of the workmanship is outstanding - it's been almost a year and we haven't had a single issue arise.

We would (and plan to) hire Jay again without hesitation.

jksl

The approximate cost is for the full renovation of three apartments in a triplex. I was happy with the work that was done for two of the apartments, so I rehired them to do the last apartment when the tenants moved out. They are hardworkers and they get things done. I am planning to use their services again.

Shawn and Amy from Toronto

We hired Jay to do a complete renovation of our 2 storey home. The work included renovating bedrooms, washrooms, kitchen, basement, installing hardwood, spray foam and taking out a load bearing wall. The work was swiftly completed in less then 2 months time and AHEAD OF SCHEDULE. Jay's crew worked really hard and Jay not only executed the project to our demands, he gave us great advice along the way. We made changes during the course of the project (for example, changing the location of the laundry sink) and he made those changes with no hesitation after the work was already completed. When small issues came up after the project was completed Jay responded right away and came to our house to fix the issues. Even today (2 months after final payment) Jay still responds to any of our issues and comes to fix quickly!

Jay is extremely hard working. We would recommend Jay.

More about J. H. Construction Company

J. H. CONSTRUCTION COMPANY LTD http: / / www. jhconstructionltd. com/ facebook: https: / / www. facebook. com/ pages/ JH-Construction-Company-LTD/ 1531467397081488?ref=br_rs