J. H. Construction Company

Reviews for J. H. Construction Company

Edward in Barrie
Edward in Barrie

Bathroom Renovations

We hired Jay and his crew to renovate 3 bathrooms in our home (including our Master bath) and we were extremely pleased with the results. The work was done quickly and efficiently. Jay was a pleasure to work with. He assisted us with the design whenever we needed his help and always had great suggestions to bring to the table based on his years of experience. This helped tremendously. The whole crew was extremely professional and hard-working. They always made sure to keep the work areas as clean as possible which was very helpful. It was evident that Jay takes great pride from his work and insists on doing things right. I am so pleased that his name was passed along to us and I would highly recommend Jay and his crew to others and will definitely be re-hiring him for future projects.

Becky De Jong from North York
Becky De Jong from North York

Basement Renovation

My husband and I could have never imagined that our basement renovation would turn out so beautifully. The whole process went so quickly and smoothly. I have been involved in renovations before and never have I met such a group of hardworking, reliable and highly organized people. It was the most stress free renovation that I have ever experienced. If you’re a homeowner and your looking for someone you can trust and depend on to do excellent work, this company is one you should definitely consider.

A few years ago, when I was planning to renovate my basement, I contacted a reputable home renovation coaching company in Toronto. Although they advised me that my project was too small for their company they kindly provided me with some names of contractors that I might consider. J. H. Construction was one of those names, and the company I choose to hire for our basement renovation project. All I can say to that renovation coaching company is thank you! Thank you! Thank You! J.H. Construction was beyond exceptional.

In July of 2018, when I contacted the company, the owner, told me that he was fully booked, and if I wanted the project completed by 2018 he would not be able to help me. After I told him I would be fine waiting he said he would come to my house in the near future for a rough estimate. A few weeks latter when he came by our house, he made it clear that our project would have to wait to be slotted into his 2019 project schedule. May 21st 2019 he started the job, and finished it two weeks later just like he said he would. The person who was in charge of a lot of the work at my house, was very detail oriented. He took everything into consideration. The owner is highly experienced. He was able to come up with innovative and practical solutions that saved us money. More importantly when he tells you he is going to do something, he comes through 100%.

Meghan in Toronto
Meghan in Toronto

Upstairs - reconfigured bathroom, new hardwood and sound proofing

We signed our contract with Jay in late Spring, and planned for them to start in July. We were moved out of the space early, so Jay was even able to start early!

He and his work crew were professional, tidy, extremely hard working and did a great job! We were out of our house, but neighbours commented on how hard they could see the crew working.

Jay was easily accessible by text or phone and we would also meet at the job site to discuss. Jay and his crew listened to any concerns, came up with smart solutions and completed the work faster than we could believe. They were done a full 5 days earlier than we had planned (on a 4 week job this is pretty amazing!)

We had a small hiccup when we thought the job was all done, and they rushed back to fix it (honestly, they were there within 5 minutes of being notified with 3 guys coming in) ready to solve the problem thoroughly and efficiently.

We could not have been happier with JH Construction and would recommend them to anyone!

Marina
Marina

Full top-to-bottom renovation

Our experience with JH Construction and crew was phenomenal. We've done several renovations in the past and have quite a bit of experience in this field and we can honestly say that the job done by Jay and crew was above and beyond excellent. General day-to-day communication was prompt and clear. Honesty was carried out throughout the entire project. If Jay could find savings, he always passed on the savings to us (big or tiny). Work ethic was exceptional... Even all neighbours on our street were impressed by the work they were seeing. The workers were the hardest working people we'd ever come across. Our project was completed on budget and several weeks before the anticipated completion date. We had a few challenges throughout the process but Jay was able to come up with solutions quickly and efficiently. We consider ourselves lucky and fortunate to have worked with Jay and his crew. He is the guy I am calling for any future work. Jay takes pride in the work he does and that is simply priceless.

Thank you Marina!

Rob in Old Toronto
Rob in Old Toronto

Master bedroom renovation and hardwood floor installation

J.H. Construction was referred to us by our designer. I have never dealt with a better contracting company. Jay and his team did a fantastic job, and exhibited excellent attention to detail. They treated our project like it was for their own home, going "above and beyond" to get everything just right. J.H. Construction are fast, efficient and the quality of their work is excellent. They consistently arrived when they said they would and met every commitment that they made to us. They even stepped in to help our cabinet installer when the installer had some difficulties. When it turned out that Jay was able to save some money on time and materials, he immediately passed on the savings to us without us having to ask this, which was more than fair. I will most definitely use J.H. Construction again, and I highly recommend them.

Thank you Bob!

E Mott from Toronto
E Mott from Toronto

Basement finishing and bathroom retrofit

Jay and his crew are the most efficient team I have ever encountered, and the quality of their work is great. He is not the cheapest in the business, but you get what you pay for and he doesn’t nickel and dime you when issues inevitably arise. If his quote is half the time of all the others believe it! We will hire him again for other projects and if you are smart you will too :)

Thank you E Mott!

Lisa in Toronto
Lisa in Toronto

Kitchen and Bath Renovations

We are grateful for Jay and his team for renovating our kitchen; hallway and two bathrooms. We were referred to him by Reno Coach as one of the bidders for our project. When Jay first visited to assess the project, he pointed out items that other contractors failed to note. When they were informed of the time frame, they worked accordingly to ensure it was completed on-time. When there were situations that come up through the construction, they were quick to respond and work it out. We appreciated this work ethic and their workmanship. We will certainly use them again!

Thank you Lisa, my pleasure.

Simon from Makham
Simon from Makham

kitchen And other projects

We was referred to Jay through our friend. He asked him to renovate the whole kitchen, add pot lights to our 1st and 2nd floors, and put in a cement floor for the shed house in the backyard. In the initial meeting, I felt that he is the right person for the renov. He is honest and upfront (no sale pitch). He priced the project to do it right the 1st time (i.e. not cut corners). Every planning will experience unexpected problems. Jay has good problem solving skill and know how to deal with the unanticipated problems. They started and ended the project on time and on budget. After the renovation, we love our kitchen, family and living rooms. We highly recommend him to others and wouldn’t hesitate to hire him again in the future.

Thank you Simon.

Lisa Wilkinson from Old Toronto
Lisa Wilkinson from Old Toronto

Master Bathroom Renovation

We were referred to Jay and his team by our neighbours, who had used him through the Reno Coach service to completely redo their kitchen. It looked amazing and so when we decided to do the same thing to our master bathroom, we reached out to him to get a quote. He came in at a very reasonable price for the work compared to the other quotes we received and was very up front and honest during the initial quote when we asked about his opinion on our designs and ideas. The clincher was that his timeline would only be 7 days from demo to completion. We set a date, he came over to confirm all the finishes a few days before construction started, reviewed the very clear schedule in the contract and was very clear on what we needed to provide in terms of materials and when for the work to be done. It was detailed and organized and meant there were no surprises with the budget and no real deviation from the timeline.
Construction went smoothly, the Monday his crew started they were there promptly at the 9am start he promised and there until about 7:30 at night. They did this every day without fail, Jay even provided a lock box on a few nights when we had to be out early so his guys could lock up without us. His crew was very polite and we thought they did an excellent job to keep things clean, despite the mess cutting tile, sanding drywall and demolishing an entire bathroom can make. Jay's brother led things on site and was very attentive in making sure every design element was confirmed with us before it went in. We had a few small delays due to some defective faucets (not their fault) and the shower glass taking a few days longer than expected but they needed only half a day the next week to come back and put the finishing touches on. We ended up with an amazing glassed-in shower with marble tile floor, double vanity and slate floor tiles. It looks great and we are very happy we chose Jay and his team and we'll happily use them again!

Thank you Lisa!

Brendan in Toronto
Brendan in Toronto

Third floor attic renovation

We converted our third floor attic space into a master bedroom suite with a washroom and a deck, added new flooring throughout the house, and moved the laundry room up to the second floor. Jay is the best! He went above and beyond our expectations. He finished the job ahead of schedule, his design recommendations were excellent, and the quality of his construction was top notch. He and his team worked hard for long hours and everyone was extremely responsive. We strongly recommend J.H. Construction!

Thank you Brendan!

More about J. H. Construction Company

J. H. CONSTRUCTION COMPANY LTD http: / / www. jhconstructionltd. com/ facebook: https: / / www. facebook. com/ pages/ JH-Construction-Company-LTD/ 1531467397081488?ref=br_rs
Looking for General Contractors pros in Markham?