Black Forest Woodworking

Reviews for Black Forest Woodworking

Lauren Round
Lauren Round

Beautiful custom wall unit

Steven built us a beautiful custom wall unit for our dining room that includes two floor to ceiling open shelves with lower storage, attached by a window bench with storage. It is the perfect mix of beauty and function! We love the design and were so impressed by Steven's professionalism and workmanship. He was always easy to get in touch with, quick to respond, and extremely courteous. He created our drawings in no time, and completed the installation in two days, which after going through a kitchen renovation a few months prior, was almost unbelievable to my husband and I!

Everyone comments on how beautiful the unit looks and how it really opens up our space. Steven made everything fit like a glove - no easy feat in an old Toronto home! I would not hesitate to recommend Steven to anyone looking to take on a similar project in their space!

Lgreen in Toronto
Lgreen in Toronto

Amazing Work

Steven was amazing to work with - his responsiveness and friendly manner were much appreciated and he was willing to offer his advice when I wasn’t 100% sure what to decide (ie space between shelves)
He was always on time and my husband and I were thrilled with the results!

Andrew
Andrew

Shelving unit

Steven is a joy to work with. His work ethic and results are exceptional and his crew is courteous and professional. He designed the perfect unit for us on one wall of a bedroom. Installation was completed in under two days within the schedule he proposed. While he is certainly not the cheapest option out there, the results are 100% first rate. I would recommend Black Forest without hesitation. Thank you, Steven, for your great work.

Joelle
Joelle

Stunning Wall Unit

From conception to installation, Steven was amazing to work with. He captured exactly what we were trying to accomplish in our family room and executed our built-in wall unit beautifully. He was very patient with us, spent a few hours designing and offering different options while taking all our needs into account.

The installation was done in a day, and Steven was able to deliver before the date he has promised. All our phone calls and questions were answered quickly a testament to Steven’s high level of professionalism.

The final result is stunning and we have been getting so many compliments on our wall unit.

I would totally recommend Black Forest Woodworking for any millwork project. Unparalleled quality and competitive prices. You can't go wrong!

Joelle, thank you for the wonderful review. Happy to hear that you had a great experience working with our company. We strive to make homeowners happy with our workmanship. It was a pleasure working with you as well.

Jeff in Oakville
Jeff in Oakville

Living room built ins

We cannot be happier with the work Steven and his comapny have done to transform our living room. The design and execution was flawless. Steven came to our home and sat down to understand what we wanted. He had great design ideas and had endless samples on hand so we could see what were dealing with.

On installation day, the installers arrived on time, they ensured the work area was covered to prevent damage to floors etc. We appreciated that the minor details like holes for the AV wiring/plugs were verified before drilling. They did a thorough cleaning after, it was hard to tell it was literally a workshop a few hours earlier.

Jeff, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and we are happy to hear that you are satisfied with the outcome of our work. It was a pleasure working with you.

Davina in Toronto
Davina in Toronto

Dining Room Built-In including Rad Cover and Window Reframing

Steven was a pleasure to deal with from the get go. Communication via email and phone were always returned promptly. His design ideas are aesthetically pleasing and proportional. I have an older home where walls and corners are not perfectly square / flat but the built-in looks part of the original home. Everything on my wish list (window casing build out in dining room and master bedroom, integrated removable rad cover, closed cabinetry for shoe storage, floor to ceiling unit, mesh grill to match existing, reasonable timeline, reasonable price) was granted and the results are phenomenal. Steven and his team's attention to detail and precision in woodworking is of the highest standard and quality.

I would definitely recommend and use Black Forest Woodworking again!

Davina, thank you for the wonderful words. We are happy to hear that we were able to grant your wishes. It means a lot to our company when homeowners trust that we will deliver their vision. Appreciate you taking to write a review and in recommending our company. It was a pleasure working with you.

Rostam in Oakville
Rostam in Oakville

Cabinets

I have worked with many contractors and cabinet makers and I can say that Istvan and his crew were my best experience by far. They are professional, on time and pay extreme attention to every detail of the job. Istvan himself is very accommodating and helps you with the design details to ensure end product is perfect.
Thank you Istvan for the professional work and I am sure I will be using you guys again in the future!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take pride in the work that we do and are happy to hear that you had such a great experience with us. It was a great pleasure to have had the opportunity to work with you.

Carlos in Mississauga
Carlos in Mississauga

Storage cabinets and entertainment unit

Steven and his team did a wonderful job with the storage cabinets and entertainment unit that truly completed our recently finished basement. Steven gave us great ideas for the design and finishes, the whole team was very professional. We are very happy with the results and definitely recommend them.

Thank you Carlos for taking the time to write a review. My team and I are glad to hear that your experience with us was positive. We strive to make homeowners happy with our workmanship. Thank you for your business and recommendation.

Wood work

Steven came to provide a timely quote on wood work that we were planning to do. Lovely and professional company to deal with. We would definitely consider working with them in the future.

We appreciate your kind words. Happy to hear that you had a positive experience with our company. Thank you for your business.

Sher
Sher

Wall unit and window bench

I met with Steven almost immediately after I sent him an email for a quote. He came by and started measurements and drawings and sent me a quote the next day. His pricing was reasonable as I had compared his with a few other places. We went with him right away and his team went right to work. Steven provided some timelines when the install would be ready and he stuck to them. The job took a few days to set up everything -- Atilla and Zsoet were such a pleasure to deal with. Very friendly and kind and always left everything so clean as if it were their home. Would recommend Black Forest to anyone who wants professionals to deal with and high-quality, superior final product! Will definitely be using them again! Thanks, Black Forest Woodworking!

Thank you for the wonderful review. Happy to hear that you were pleased with the service received and the quality of our product. It is important for us to know that your experience was a positive one. Thank you for your recommendation and look forward to working with you again in the future.

More about Black Forest Woodworking

Cabinetry & Millwork, Fireplace Mantels

23 years of experience, both in Europe and Canada. All cabinets, wall-units, mantles and furniture are built with the highest quality wood, finishing and hardware.
Excellent customer service and on time installation.