Picket Fence

Reviews for Picket Fence

Kevin in Toronto
Kevin in Toronto

Fence

Had a portion of my fence replaced by Frank. The fence looks decent, although the posts are splitting after only a few weeks. Frank was extremely rude to me for no reason when I called to ask a couple questions and told him that he broke one of my patio stones (which he tried to deny even though I have before and after photos). He started yelling at me on the phone! I need to get the rest of the fence done, but I will be calling someone else!

You are from the same group as Jess A below. Unfortunately these couple of homeowners tried to play me with paying and lies on the this site. I built these peoples fence in april and yet still they are on the attack 2 months later.
I never once yelled at you. I did say I did not break the stone and I still discounted the bill anyways to keep you happy. You also asked me to do a couple other things as well and I did. But I guess no mention of that.

I have a tremendous following and great customers but always a few want to try to destroy what took 17yrs plus to build. Sorry to hear your shear disappointment but I did everything that was asked and then some.
The one thing both have said is that the fence is good. Yes the posts split but that is wood. Go to home depot and you will see the same thing.

Robert McIntoshl9t8c5 from Milton
Robert McIntoshl9t8c5 from Milton
2 reviews Milton, ON

Frank and team did the work on time, on budget, great quality.

I had Picket Fence complete my fence and install a gate with cutout. Frank has a no nonsense style and quoted me a fantastic price. The work was done on time and on budget and they cleaned up any mess. I literally came home from work to a beautiful new fence and gate.

Thank you Frank and team!

Thanks rob was a pleasure working for you

neo905 in London
neo905 in London

Fence

We had Frank quote on a fence for our back fence. We had several quotes and Frank's was the most competitive. His crew took great care on my property and removed all the debris that was left over. We had some weather delays because of all the rain we have been getting but that is to be expected when you need to set posts. That said, the work was still done in a timely fashion. We are very pleased with the final result and will have Frank and his crew back in the Fall to replace the rest of the old fencing.

Thank you for the kind words and looking forward to finishing the rest or your project

Jess A. in
Jess A. in

Terrible Experience, OK fence

Price was right and timeline was good. We had less than 12 hours heads up the project was beginning though. All our neighbors have dogs so it was an inconvenience to go knocking on doors at 6:00 am to let them know. We were told 2-3 days tops to complete it and in those first few days, little progress was made. He did manage to get into a fight with one of his employees and fire him on the spot (according to my neighbor). Lots of daytime profanity and yelling in a tight knit backyard didn't make us the popular neighbors. We never once heard from Frank regarding progress or completion date. He then went on vacation over a long weekend and turned 3 days off into 5. Project went 11 days with little to no communication.

We voiced our frustrations because our backyard was left wide open over a long weekend (actually 5 days). When we found out he was on vacation we were livid as we were never told. Frank decided to argue aggressively that he 'told everyone he knew' (which he didn't). The fact that he didn't check in before he left our backyard incomplete over the weekend was ridiculous as well. Basically zero communication unless he was yelling at us. Decided to bill us immediately and tell us he was coming to pick up his money in 3 days. When he came, we told him he would have it within 2 weeks (as we had NUMEROUS issues and complaints from our neighbors). He freaked out and started screaming and threatening us at our own front door. REALLY PROFESSIONAL. He made a scene in front of all our neighbors because we told him he wasn't getting paid until it was done correctly.

He also left our new fence unattached to the neighbors beside us. Left a foot gap in between 2 of our neighbors backyards and they have animals. See the picture I posted. The boards on the end of the post WEREN'T there to close the gap between the new fence and the old. We had to have him come back and fix it. I think it was and afterthought and it wasn't done correctly to begin with. It was just patched (embarrassingly) in the end and we decided to pay him to get rid of him. I would not recommend this guy to our worst enemy.

If you for some reason to choose to go with this guy, make sure he places the timeline on your quote, so you have something physical to show him when he yells at you. Also make sure all your neighbors are good for the money immediately, as he said he would bill our neighbors directly but he didn't. We handed them out and collected ourselves, which wasn't what was 'advertised' in the beginning.

Overall, this guy is an unprofessional, ignorant know-it-all with no customer service skills at all. If you want someone to throw a temper tantrum when you tell them what they've done wrong or come up short on, he's your guy! Spend the extra money and hire elsewhere.

This review unfortunatley does not carry what the true process was. Timelines are made up and stories have been greatly exaggerated.

I have over 30 emails with this customer to show and support this job and its on going communications and steps along with 6 or 7 phone calls.

Please look at the other reviews and also on milton talks and hawthorne villager for a true interpretation of my company.

Jonathan in Georgetown
Jonathan in Georgetown
1 review Halton Hills, ON

Fence

Frank and his crew were extremely professional and hard working with great workmanship and detail.
If you're looking to hire someone to install a fence, this is definitely the company you want to hire.
We could not be happier with our decision.

Thank you Johnathon. It was a pleasure working with you and your neighbors.

Fence Project in Milton

Pros: After the posts were set, actual installation was very quick.
Cons: The contractor, Frank, would not stand by his work. He will always quote that "materials are not warranted" even if the problems noted by my neighbours and me were workmanship related. No quality control particularly on materials used (warped boards even after only a few days of installation and board placements were so far apart). He promised to bury the poles a minimum of three feet. I measured two. If this guy would not fix his work deficiencies now, how can we even count on his so called warranty down the road.

Paul,
Sorry that you feel this way. We strive to make the customer happy.
My company has stood the test of time being insured and WSIB protected and in business for almost 16 years, in trying and good times and am proud of this feat.
Our warrenty I assure you in regards to workmanship is legit, we apologize that after we replaced the boards that you suggested, you seem and are still very unsatisfied and we sincerely apologize for that.
I can assure you that we buy only premium materials from our supplier(RONA and lumberville).
As per our posts being only 2 feet, I can only say that I wish that was brought to my attention immediatly as rectification would of been investigated immediatly and rectified.
Frank

SBARRINUEVO in Milton
SBARRINUEVO in Milton
3 reviews Milton, ON

FENCE

The quality of their work and the materials they used are very good. We highly recommend them. Frank and his team are very professional. We are very happy with our fence!

Sabine from Milton
Sabine from Milton
2 reviews Milton, ON

Fence and two gates

Frank's pricing is very competitive. He returned all our calls and answered all of our endless questions. The fence looks awesome. Even our pool landscaper commented on what a great looking fence we have!

Hb

Karen
Karen

Replacement of backyard fence

If you want reliability, honesty, and a great finished product, this is the fencing company to go to. Frank always promptly returned calls, showed up when he said he would, and finished our backyard fence quickly, with careful clean up. Frank has years of experience in this business, and will quote you a fair price. His website has many examples and styles of fencing to choose from. Our new fence is both pleasing to the eye, and provides the privacy we were looking for. His quote was presented in such a way that it was divided up so that our two neighbours knew exactly what they owed as well. Couldn't be happier.