HomeStars  >  Roofing in Ottawa  >  The One Roofing

Reviews for The One Roofing

Nathan S
Nathan S
7 reviews Ottawa, ON

Shingle repairs following wind storm

I emailed The One Roofing the day after a big windstorm tore off a section of shingles from my roof. Michel responded quickly, and was able to come out 2 days later to address the repairs. Having to wait two days was not a big issue because all roofing companies were swamped with calls at the time and Michel completed the repairs before I ever heard from any other company.
The work completed was exemplary! Michel went up on the roof and evaluated the condition of the shingles, and came down to explain how extensive the damage was, what work he would do to fix the issue, how long it would take him, and the cost. Michel completed the repairs in the time estimated and for the cost agreed to.
I was extremely impressed with his professionalism and knowledge. Michel easily communicated what had been completed after the repair.
I will be using The One roofing for another separate section of the roof that needs to be repaired this fall.

Thank you for the prompt response, and fantastic service Michel!

Thank you for your comments. It is always appreciated to hear from people, happy with my service.
I was trying my best to respond quickly and to maintain a good quality work after a windstorm condition.

It will be my pleasure helping you with your future need.

Sharon in Toronto
Sharon in Toronto

Excellent Roof Replacement!

My wife and I cannot praise Michel enough for the wonderful work he has done replacing of our existing 10-year old roof during this record breaking heat wave!
Before hiring One Roofing, we had numerous leaks that amounted to well over $10,000 in water damage claim to the master bedroom and garage. Tragically, we had our roof replaced by a roofing company in 2008, who had been systematically replacing half of the roofs in our neighbourhood. At the time, the price seems right and we had 25-year shingles installed. Their work and guarantee was "shoddy" at best! This was followed by a second roofing company, who replaced a good portion of the roof in 2011 without actually finding and eliminating the true cause to our disappointment for an additional $3,000 cost!
What a relief, it was when Michel discovered all the mistakes that were overlooked by previous roofing companies, such as (e.g. sagging truss, missing underlayment material, shingles not nailed down).
We have our full confidence in Michel's professionalism, dedication, hard work and honesty in his outstanding service to us! We hope to have him work on our home in another 50-year when these shingles wear out!

My proud is to give with all my expertise the best of my knowledge to my customer like it would be my house. I thank you for you trust and most of all your gratitude. Working lately with a very warm temperature is not always easy but it is really encouraging to help people who appreciates.
I am really happy to know that you enjoy your new roof!!

in Ottawa
in Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

The One Roofing is the only one to call!

Called Michel this morning, he came this afternoon. When you have a hole in your roof and it's raining, you need fast service. His work was efficient and he gave us some good advice for future roof care. This is my second review for The One Roofing and I highly recommend their services. Thanks a lot Michel!

I do my best helping people as soon as possible; mainly when it's an emergency.
It's a pleasure helping you.
I appreciate your trust and your gratitude towards my work.
Michel

Ming Foo in Nepean
Ming Foo in Nepean

Shingles Repair from May 4/2018 Wind Storm

We have lost quite a few shingles during the May 4 night wind storm of 90KM/H sustained wind. We only found Michel by chance as he was scheduled to install the Maxi Vent for Dominik on the neighboring street.

Michel was professional, polite and honest. He has good work ethics and stand behind his quality of work (he still believes in using a good old hammer instead of the automated air nail gun when it comes to roof replacement). He has reasonable pricing and takes the time to address the home owner's concerns or questions.

Overall, we are very please with the repair work that Michel has done for us, and we would certainly recommend Michel for your roofing needs. Thank you Michel.

It was a pleasure to repair your roof . The old fashion way with a hammer offer a solid repair or installation of shingles. If you need that quality, I am the one. You can sometimes lose a lot of shingles in a sustained wind if it has been quickly done by automated air nail gun.

Jason in Ottawa
Jason in Ottawa

Shingle Replacement

Michel was in the area on a scheduled repair and several people on the street lost shingles in the windstorm. It was right place - right time for Michel and he had a few supplies in his truck. He helped a large number of people on the street. He’s extremely efficient and extremely courteous. Would certainly recommend for any repair and will certainly use him again myself should the need arise.

Thank you Jason We apreciate your recommandation and your gratitude. I am trying my best not only to help as much as customers I can but I certainly want to keep a very good quality work jn my repair .
I also recommend people to be careful when they hire someone to fix their roof after a strong wind.

AlanM in Ottawa
AlanM in Ottawa

Shingle replacement

Sent an email to The One Roofing at 8:30am on a Sunday morning asking if he would be able to repair my roof which had lost some shingles due to wind. Michel called me back almost immediately and had fixed the roof by 11:30am that same day. In addition to the repair, he did a complete inspection of the roof. Extremely competent and personable. Highly recommended.

It was a pleasure helping you with your blowing off shingles .And it had to be done as an emergency, before it rains
Sunday was a nice day to do it.

Bob in Ottawa
Bob in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Loose Shingle Repairs (after recent windstorm)

Great friendly service with quality work. He showed up when he said he was going to come and had the repairs completed in no time.

He also explained what he was going to do to fix the issue, why we had the problem. Also, he guarantees his work.

When I asked about getting some additional work done, he explained why I should wait a few years instead of getting it done now. The was to his detriment as he could have made some extra money. This sort of thing goes a long way in my book.

Will be using Michel for all our future roofing needs.

It was a pleasure to me to help you out and be honest with you.
I work on your house like it would have been mine.

JBottawa
JBottawa

Excellent, honest workmanship!

Michel was prompt, honest and professional with his estimate. Since we were only getting one roof level replaced (an addition off the original house), many companies (including several highly rated ones on this site) did not even bother to take the time and give us a quote. Michel explained the options in a very straightforward manner. We were impressed with his patient, hand-nailed, quality over quantity outlook on projects.

He contacted us and scheduled the job within our time frame as well. The work was completed on time, it was not rushed and the cleanup was well done.

We are thoroughly impressed with his workmanship and would recommend his services to anyone. We will definitely be giving him a call in a couple years when the remaining part of the roof needs to be re-shingled!

Thanks for the nice review It was a pleasure helping you and I have worked on your house like it would have been mine.

KaitlinK in Ottawa
KaitlinK in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Thorough, friendly, and informative!

The flashing on our roof that was starting to lift, and we wanted to get it fixed before winter. Louise got back to me quickly, gave me a quote and set-up a time to come and fix it all within a week. He was able to explain to me why it was lifting and what he would be doing differently, so it wouldn't happen again. He also talked to me about the roof overall, and expressed some of the problems I might have with it in the future. I was very pleased with how informative he was and loved that he described it to me! He also checked out the rest of our flashing at the front of the house, and secured it down as well. He was friendly and did a great job! Thanks Louise!

Thank you very much Kaitlin for your review. I was happy to help you and give you more information about your roof.
I want to clarify that my name is Michel and Louise is my wife and she assists me when communicating with customers.

militaryman in Ottawa
militaryman in Ottawa

Roof Leak

37 years in the military taught me many things. Amongst them would be that timeliness, and details are some of the components of a successful task completion. Michel was very professional. He not only discovered the cause of my roof leak, but identified other areas of my 12 yr old roof that required immediate attention before further leaks were to occur. Pictures and a detailed explanation were all provided. This is what you need and no more. Honest and straight forward. No BS. No up selling. Had he been one of my soldiers I would have been proud to have served with him. He is my GO TO guy, the next time I need my roof attended to, and he should be yours as well.
Servitium Nulli Secundus

Michel was great. Arrived on time, assessed the job I had requested, identified other problems, and fixed it all!

Thank you very much Michael for your gratitude towards my service.

One of the reason that I do this job is for helping people with honesty and passion.

More about The One Roofing

SPECIALIZED SINCE 1988 TO FIND LEAKS: OFFER EXCELLENT QUALITY ROOF REPAIRS AND ROOF INSPECTION FOR COMPANIES AND RESIDENTIAL SERVICES
The One Roofing is a unique residential roofing service which has been established since 1988 by Michel Painchaud. The One Roofing offers a traditional method of roofing (hand made) which has proven to be the best throughout the years. This method produces a high quality and distinctive product that will provide you with weatherproofing peace of mind.
His expertise gained over the years makes him a specialist in hard to find leaks.
Michel is a strong believer that communication is the key to satisfy customers which makes him a roofer you can trust. He offers a bilingual service.
Michel offers also those services: Addition and garage maxi ventilation skylight chimney cap
Now it's up to you to make the best decision for your roof and home.