The One Roofing

David in Toronto
David in Toronto
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Roof leak fix

Got a small roof leak around the chimney. Michel took some pictures of the improperly installed flashings and explained why the leak doesn't happen all the time. After the repair, he showed pictures and explained how he chalked in both visible and non-visible areas. Michel's charge is also very reasonable. I can now sleep better on rainy nights without the dripping sound from the wall, and I am confident it will stay that way for a long time. Thanks Michel.

I did take care of your chimney like it would have been mine
Michel

9 reviews Ottawa, ON

Re-shingled Sunroom Roof

We had used The One to repair our roof following a 2018 spring wind storm. I was incredibly impressed with his work and professionalism, so when our sunroom shingles started to curl, we gave Michel a call. He came by and provided a reasonable quote for shingle replacement, and updating the vent. The work was completed as scheduled, Michel did a fantastic job updating me with what was completed, and cleaning up after the job was complete. The work looks fantastic, as expected. I appreciated that he hand nails the shingles instead of using an air gun. I will be calling Michel again when the main roof on our house needs to be replaced in a few years. Thank you for the excellent service!!!

Thank you for your review. I strongly believe that done by hand is the best way.
It was a pleasure helping you.

Grateful for Service and Fantastic Job

I called The One Roofing for an estimate to re-shingle the roof of my mother’s 30-year old shed. Michele came over that afternoon. He assessed the roof, made a few design improvements, and provided an estimate that evening. His estimate was far less than I expected. He came and did the job the next day. I cannot say enough about the quality of his work or his professionalism. He did everything by hand (no air guns) and cleaned up the worksite when he was done. I could not recommend anyone more highly.

I really appreciate your review.
My years of experience contribute to this quality work and I am always very happy
to help my customers.

Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto

Roof Repair

I needed some basic roof repairs done. I contacted Michel through Homestars based on his reviews and the testimonials to support the work previously completed for appreciative home owners.

In our discussion regarding the scope of work, Michel impressed me with his knowledge and dedication to completing high quality repairs. He provided the information necessary and approach to the job assuring me the work would be completed in a timely fashion. The confidence of a true tradesman he used best practices and quality materials. In particular, I liked that the fact he hand nailed the shingles and used a quality glue to ensure the shingles would bond correctly. In addition he corrected mistakes from the original installation and provided pictures to show the deficiencies.

Paul C.

It was a pleasure helping you and your
mother.
It's in my practice to always inform customers and offer the best quality work.
Offering hand nailed work gives a better
installation.

Sharon in Toronto
Sharon in Toronto

Excellent Roof Replacement!

My wife and I cannot praise Michel enough for the wonderful work he has done replacing of our existing 10-year old roof during this record breaking heat wave!
Before hiring One Roofing, we had numerous leaks that amounted to well over $10,000 in water damage claim to the master bedroom and garage. Tragically, we had our roof replaced by a roofing company in 2008, who had been systematically replacing half of the roofs in our neighbourhood. At the time, the price seems right and we had 25-year shingles installed. Their work and guarantee was "shoddy" at best! This was followed by a second roofing company, who replaced a good portion of the roof in 2011 without actually finding and eliminating the true cause to our disappointment for an additional $3,000 cost!
What a relief, it was when Michel discovered all the mistakes that were overlooked by previous roofing companies, such as (e.g. sagging truss, missing underlayment material, shingles not nailed down).
We have our full confidence in Michel's professionalism, dedication, hard work and honesty in his outstanding service to us! We hope to have him work on our home in another 50-year when these shingles wear out!

My proud is to give with all my expertise the best of my knowledge to my customer like it would be my house. I thank you for you trust and most of all your gratitude. Working lately with a very warm temperature is not always easy but it is really encouraging to help people who appreciates.
I am really happy to know that you enjoy your new roof!!

9 reviews Ottawa, ON

Shingle repairs following wind storm

I emailed The One Roofing the day after a big windstorm tore off a section of shingles from my roof. Michel responded quickly, and was able to come out 2 days later to address the repairs. Having to wait two days was not a big issue because all roofing companies were swamped with calls at the time and Michel completed the repairs before I ever heard from any other company.
The work completed was exemplary! Michel went up on the roof and evaluated the condition of the shingles, and came down to explain how extensive the damage was, what work he would do to fix the issue, how long it would take him, and the cost. Michel completed the repairs in the time estimated and for the cost agreed to.
I was extremely impressed with his professionalism and knowledge. Michel easily communicated what had been completed after the repair.
I will be using The One roofing for another separate section of the roof that needs to be repaired this fall.

Thank you for the prompt response, and fantastic service Michel!

Thank you for your comments. It is always appreciated to hear from people, happy with my service.
I was trying my best to respond quickly and to maintain a good quality work after a windstorm condition.

It will be my pleasure helping you with your future need.

in Ottawa
in Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

The One Roofing is the only one to call!

Called Michel this morning, he came this afternoon. When you have a hole in your roof and it's raining, you need fast service. His work was efficient and he gave us some good advice for future roof care. This is my second review for The One Roofing and I highly recommend their services. Thanks a lot Michel!

I do my best helping people as soon as possible; mainly when it's an emergency.
It's a pleasure helping you.
I appreciate your trust and your gratitude towards my work.
Michel

Ming Foo in Nepean
Ming Foo in Nepean

Shingles Repair from May 4/2018 Wind Storm

We have lost quite a few shingles during the May 4 night wind storm of 90KM/H sustained wind. We only found Michel by chance as he was scheduled to install the Maxi Vent for Dominik on the neighboring street.

Michel was professional, polite and honest. He has good work ethics and stand behind his quality of work (he still believes in using a good old hammer instead of the automated air nail gun when it comes to roof replacement). He has reasonable pricing and takes the time to address the home owner's concerns or questions.

Overall, we are very please with the repair work that Michel has done for us, and we would certainly recommend Michel for your roofing needs. Thank you Michel.

It was a pleasure to repair your roof . The old fashion way with a hammer offer a solid repair or installation of shingles. If you need that quality, I am the one. You can sometimes lose a lot of shingles in a sustained wind if it has been quickly done by automated air nail gun.

Jason in Ottawa
Jason in Ottawa

Shingle Replacement

Michel was in the area on a scheduled repair and several people on the street lost shingles in the windstorm. It was right place - right time for Michel and he had a few supplies in his truck. He helped a large number of people on the street. He’s extremely efficient and extremely courteous. Would certainly recommend for any repair and will certainly use him again myself should the need arise.

Thank you Jason We apreciate your recommandation and your gratitude. I am trying my best not only to help as much as customers I can but I certainly want to keep a very good quality work jn my repair .
I also recommend people to be careful when they hire someone to fix their roof after a strong wind.

AlanM in Ottawa
AlanM in Ottawa

Shingle replacement

Sent an email to The One Roofing at 8:30am on a Sunday morning asking if he would be able to repair my roof which had lost some shingles due to wind. Michel called me back almost immediately and had fixed the roof by 11:30am that same day. In addition to the repair, he did a complete inspection of the roof. Extremely competent and personable. Highly recommended.

It was a pleasure helping you with your blowing off shingles .And it had to be done as an emergency, before it rains
Sunday was a nice day to do it.

More about The One Roofing

SPECIALIZED SINCE 1988 TO FIND LEAKS: OFFER EXCELLENT QUALITY ROOF REPAIRS AND ROOF INSPECTION FOR COMPANIES AND RESIDENTIAL SERVICES The One Roofing is a unique residential roofing service which has been established since 1988 by Michel Painchaud. The One Roofing offers a traditional method of roofing (hand made) which has ...
Looking for Roofing pros in Ottawa?