Albi Homes

4770 - 110 Ave SE Calgary AB T2C 2T8
HomeStars  >  Builders in Calgary  >  Albi Homes

Reviews for Albi Homes

Sales experience

Very duplicitous and untrustworthy experience with the Community Manager in the Riverstone community (by Brookfield).

Do not work with this Builder, or trust anything they say. They'll say whatever they need to make the sale. We would not recommend them to anyone, ever.

home builder

My Albi experience; Builder is evasive and do not support their work. First roofer assessed the attic trying to locate evidence of the source or water and look for further issues. This did not yield anything definitive; investigated the exterior elements of the roof and the rounded cantilever's roof on the south side of the house. A number of installation issues overall. These include: 2 missing shingles, a number of exposed nail heads, all vents on the roof required sealing, unsealed holes throughout the perimeter of the roof from where the stucco scaffolding was secured for safety. There are a few potential sources of the water staining. The drill holes from the scaffolding safety attachments are a possible place where water can get through. The other potential source is a piece of de-laminated under-sheathing (the plywood that covers the roof trusses and that they secure the shingles onto) above the cantilever on the main roof. The plywood has lifted and the nails are rusted showing evidence of longer term water intrusion.
Many installation errors and a number of defects that need to be addressed before they cause bigger issues with water intrusion. Roofer (3 roofers in total including Albi roofer) recommended an overall roof service to eliminate the potential sources of water.
Regarding (detached) garage (listed on initial builder home warranty provision as well as final house certification, will provide both); the vapour barrier was not sealed properly. Damage to the insulation and the trusses appeared to be from moisture entering the attic at various points. This occurred where the barrier interacts with features that break the continuity of the plastic material which include the light fixtures, attachments for the garage door opener and the corners. The roof insulation when installed did not leave an air gap between the trusses and the exterior wall. This causes a moisture trap in the attic. There were condensation marks on all the trusses including some mold. The roof sheathing has been affected to the point where it has lost its integrity and when pressure is applied it cracks and de-laminates. Recommendation - insulation should be removed from the roof and replaced with new material and a correctly installed vapour barrier and due to the damage to the sheathing it would need to be replaced now.
The roofer that Albi sent out indicated that the garage issue should be an Albi issue and he would make a recommendation that they repair it. He had similar comments about the rest of the roof, part would be a maintenance issue (missing shingles etc.) and the other work that likely caused the leak would be caused due to poor workmanship. He is making the recommendation that Albi repair it; "it is 100% their fault".
This process was months in duration, I had to prove the garage was part of the home, Albi was the builder etc. This was all piecemeal; weekly request of documentation. I was asked to contact home warranty with a specific person indicated by Albi; this process began again. Now, several months down the road, 4 roofers, 1 architect, 2 home inspectors and I had to pay for the repairs with no compensation from Albi.
I suggest you read this before considering Albi.

Corinne in Calgary
Corinne in Calgary

Water Stain

We built our current home with Albi. We love it. The process was smooth and virtually painless. Fast forward 6 years and we notice a water stain on the ceiling in our kitchen. I called Albi and they came out right away to take a look and fix the problem. That's excellent customer service! I encourage anyone looking to buy or build to look into Albi. We will be Albi customers for life.

Michelle in Calgary
Michelle in Calgary

Built New Home in Apsen Hills

Albi is driven by superior service. I must say, they didn't cut corners and they were a little more expensive but the quality of materials and what they included made them a way better deal in the end. My husband and I would recommend them any day and if we could do this again, Albi would be our first choice. Chris was awesome to help us navigate through the process and the foreman Marcia was super to deal with, caught many mistakes we didn't and was prompt to deal with any issues we had. Again the service was top notch.

L in Calgary
L in Calgary
2 reviews ,

new house

WE have been blown away with our Albi home and their service. THey have come back to fix every difficiency and have never batted an eyelash to do so. Our house is 2 yrs old, and they're still providing assistance if we need it.

Karen in Calgary
Karen in Calgary

Home Builder

I STARTED RESEARCHING THE HOME BUILDERS IN CALGARY AS I WAS INTERESTED IN BUILDING A NEW HOUSE. I HAD ALWAYS HEARD ABOUT ALBI HOMES AND STARTED VISITING COMMUNITIES WITH ALBI SHOWHOMES. ALTHOUGH I WAS SUPER IMPRESSED WITH THEIR HOMES AS THEY ARE ALL GORGEOUS I WAS LESS THAN IMPRESSED WITH THEIR PRICES. I FOUND ALBI HOMES TO BE ONE OF THE MORE EXPENSIVE HOMES TO BUILD WITH AND I FOUND OTHER BUILDERS THAT OFFERED BETTER SPECIFICATION OPTIONS. I DECIDED TO GO WITH A DIFFERENT BUILDER AS I FELT THEY CATERED TO MY NEEDS A LOT BETTER, AS WELL AS THEIR OPTIONS WERE PHENOMINAL AT AFFORDABLE PRICES.

2 reviews ,

Building detached single family home

we have been building with Albi Homes and i must say, it has been a great experience. We didnt know too much about house building when we started and heard lots if horror stories and things not included but Albi has been going the opposite of the norm. They told us 1 year to build and we are taking possession in 8 months! We accidentally picked a horrible colour for our stucco which got approved but they helped us out by slitting the cost to change it. The deck is included!! And the finishings on the house are top notch. They seem to be a bit more expensive than other builders upfront, but my husband and i found that with everything inlcuded we actually got the better value. I would recommend Albi Homes to anyone, and will build with them again.

Sukhi in Calgary
Sukhi in Calgary

Albi homes, calgary

They have really good sales people. Design and selections went really well. Construction/Quality of home wasn't up to what they promise/say. Get everything done before possession. Once money is paid, it will take months and you will have to do lot of hardwork figuring out all the issues and explaining to them. Sales people promise zero deficiency at possession, we had much more.

Wes in Calgary
Wes in Calgary

Built our home

We had lots of problems that were never corrected by the builders ie the garage floor well is hollow and there is no support under the floor. The floorin wasnt level in the dinning room. They had a bad attitude when it came to getting any repairs done. Some of the trim in the bathroom was upside down. etc. etc. I wouldnt recomend to anyone!

Cherry in Aspen Hills
Cherry in Aspen Hills

new home

our experiences with Albi homes is quite positive - however, if you are building a home with Albi, make sure you make all your selections before you sign the contract - any changes thereafter is difficult and they charge you a significant fee for it. They are also rather inflexible in making any changes to their standard floor plans.

More about Albi Homes

Calgary's Premier Builder of Luxury Homes. LASTING VALUE THROUGH QUALITY AND CRAFTSMANSHIP Our passion is crafting for you a beautiful, luxury designed home with enduring quality that will not just be the place in which you nurture your dreams, but that will even inspire them. Insightful and elegant homes that ...