Westview Builders

#100 - 7710 - 5th Street SE Calgary AB T3E 6L1
HomeStars  >  Builders in Calgary  >  Westview Builders

Reviews for Westview Builders

$5000 down payment

I put $5000 down payment on a house. My consigner backed out last minute and I was not approved for the mortgage. Westview is refusing to refund the money. They won't return my phone calls or emails. Do not buy with Westview, they are very unprofessional!

Entire house

Do not buy from these incompetent builders they have zero customer service or regards for there customers after they have your money find a different builder who values the true meaning of a customer

I'm sorry that your experience with Westview Builders service has not been to your liking. If you would contact the warranty department I would like to discuss the issues you have so we can resolve them. We look forward to hearing from you.

Uncomplete work and promises...

Westview Builders has some real big issues with taking care of there customers who have paid in full for there homes. Westview listen up, you recieved your money paid in full, I did not recieve my complete product 21 months later. It's totally irrelevant that your in court battle with your contracters because you have not paid them and or whatever the situation is, you should take care of your customers first that trusted you with one of the biggest purchases of there lives. My outside work which was suppose to be done last summer was not complete and was told it will be compete next summer, well guess what summer is over and it cannot be done now until next year again? I'm not the only one in our area that is in constant battle with Westview for uncompleted work. Word gets around and people talk.
The warranty department does not return your emails or phone calls. You have to hunt them down day after day to get any answer out of them, when you get someone all they can say is next 2 weeks it will be done, or they don't have any info?? It's the same excuse everytime. There's a long list of unprofessional actions, too many to list here... I would never definitely NOT recommend Westview builders to anyone wanting to build a home. If you do please sign into the agreement a 10% hold of payment until 100% of the work is complete. Protect yourself and do your research....

Diana in Calgary
Diana in Calgary

Unfinished Seasonal Work

We have purchased the house a year ago and took possession 9 months ago. The house seems to be well built and we do not have any dilemmas, however, we are one of the very few homes in Canals Landing that does not have the driveway nor rock, or grading certificate. We have made numerous attempts to contact variety of people within the company to no avail. We feel that because we did not have the hold back for the seasonal work we are now being disregarded. With that being said, I think it would be wise to contact the Calgary news to cover ours and our neighbours issues with this company.

Ryan in Airdrie
Ryan in Airdrie

Canals landing

Our house is still incomplete. We selected everything and paid full price prior to the economy changing. We are left with an unfinished exterior six months later. Major lack of communication between us and Westview. Rarely get responses to emails or phone calls in regards to our deficiencies. We Still have deficiencies which nobody has responded too. I recommend do not sign agreements for seasonal work on the house. I wish I had excluded it from our contract. It allows for the house to be incomplete. It's been challenging for my family and I but hopefully they finish within the year. It really sucks coming home everyday to a brand new house that isn't finished and six months have gone by. It's almost like the house wasn't even new because it's not finished.

Rod in Airdrie
Rod in Airdrie

New home

A Westview representative has reported to the BBB and stated that all our seasonal work has been completed, this is false. We have administered a complaint to the BBB regarding this matter. We took possession March 1, 2016. Our seasonal work is yet to be completed We love our house and the area. The stone work and the exterior painting needs to be completed. The developer actually completed the driveway for us and one other Westview client.

Review has 1 previous version

Still Waiting

Where to begin. 6 months of good weather since moving in with others in the cul-de-sac in for almost a year and they have not installed stone facade, stucco, painted exterior trim, graded the lot so we don't have lakes every time it rains. Cant get a schedule or commitment on when they are finishing anything. When they do provide a rough time frame it never sticks, always blaming the trades or the weather or something else that is not true. Neighbours who moved in recently have some of the stuff done ahead of everybody else who's been in for almost a year.

You pay over a million dollars to receive poor service, poor communication, poor completion and put your life on hold waiting for them to show up and they never do. Do yourself a favour and build with someone else, you'll be glad you did. Every homeowner in the cul-de-sac of 16 homes built by Westview has a few horror stories. The worst part is you are stuck, the value of incomplete work is so great that you have no choice but to hope they will finish.

The new home warranty doesn't cover anything despite all of the items being on a pre-possession deficiency list.

Stone$8000
Grading due to large amount of fill required $5000-7500
Parging $750
and the list goes on.

New Spec Home

Purchased a spec home from Westview Builders had some issues with closing on time. Now we are waiting for the seasonal stuff to be completed, will be happy to see it finished. Nice home!

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you Stephen for the kind words. We have started our seasonal work & expect to complete everything shortly. If my information is correct, I believe the exterior stone is starting today. Thanks again & enjoy your lovely new home!

Erin Y.
Erin Y.
1 review Okotoks, AB

New Home Purchase - Cimarron

We bought a showhome in Okotoks. Quality of home is great! I love the exterior of this home, its very grand looking, Layout is fantastic!

We are so glad you enjoy your new home. Hope you share many wonderful years and memories there.

More about Westview Builders

WestView Builders has established itself as an Award-Winning home builder in Calgary, Alberta. We build single-family homes in Calgary’s finest urban and rural communities. At WestView, we understand that building a home is a big financial and personal investment. We want our customers to be satisfied with every aspect of ...