PO Box 11063 Seton PO Calgary AB T3M 1Y6

Reviews for Appliance Service Centre

Missy in Calgary
Missy in Calgary

Dryer

Owner was Quick to address our concerns . We were able to book the next day that was very convenient and the tech was knowledgeable. overall I would recommend them.

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review!

GGrant
GGrant

Fix washer

A few days ago, my washer stopped mid-cycle and flashed an error message. The washer was locked, I couldn’t restart it, or open it. I called the service department of the store where the washer was purchased 11 years ago. The woman I spoke to told me the earliest someone could come out, was 8 days later (who wants to wait 8 days to get their wet laundry out of the washing machine?) In addition, she informed me that in order to book an appointment, I had to provide my credit card number, and the model and serial number of the washer (she couldn’t find it in her system, even though we purchased it at that store). I explained that I couldn’t provide the model and serial number, as it’s printed inside the door, and the door would not unlock. She told me that she could start the service order, but couldn’t complete it until I provided the model and serial number.

Frustrated with that experience, I started reading reviews online for different companies that service appliances. I came across Appliance Service Centre and was very impressed with their reviews. I called and was pleasantly surprised that they could come out the following day, and they only required the brand of the washer and the error code it was flashing issue (no need to have the model and serial number ahead of time, or my credit card).

As promised, I received an email from Appliance Service Centre at 4:00 PM the day before the service, stating the 2 hour window that the service technician would arrive, and asking for confirmation that I would be home.

In the past, when I've been given a 2 hour window for someone to show up, I've NEVER had anyone show up early, on time, or even close to the first hour of the 2 hour window. Terry showed up 2 minutes before the 2 hour window. He quickly figured out what was wrong and fixed my washer. He took the time to explain what was wrong with my washer. He was friendly, courteous and knowledgable. When I need an appliance serviced in the future (that's no longer under warranty), I would not even consider calling anyone except Appliance Service Centre. Awesome Company!

Thank you very much for not only trusting us with your repair, but also for taking the time to share your experience with others! We appreciate your business!

Amin
Amin

Appliance Repair - Washer and Dryer

Fantastic customer service. Their representative was prompt, knowledgeable and provided excellent customer service. Would definitely contact them again!

Thank you for the review and for choosing us to handle your repair! It was a pleasure working with you!

yvan
yvan

Appliance Repair

Excellent work. Efficient friendly service! A real pleasure to deal with and would definitely use again.

We appreciate you taking the time to review our services!

hollynicholas
hollynicholas

Appliance Repair

I've had Appliance Service Centre out twice now and am very satisfied with the professionalism of the technician and quality of work. I would definitely recommend their services!

Thank you for the review!

George
George

Provided support anyway

(403)249-3151
Calgary
AB
T2R 0L2

Terry called after I submitted online a request for evaluation. He could have finished the conversation the moment he learned it was my LG fridge that had issues with the freezer - apparently LG appliances are only serviced by LG due to spare parts not being available in Canada. Instead, he took the time to provide input and advice. He was kind and honest, and helped me to decide on how to proceed next. Thank you!

Thank you George, for taking the time to write a review! It was a pleasure speaking with you!

Wilson in Calgary
Wilson in Calgary

Be Careful with these Guys

We are a week away from possession on selling our house and went to clean the oven. After using the self cleanimg function the display on the oven stoped work. Range elements would still work. Called the day before to book a technician and they were able to make it out the next days. Great as we were on a tight timeline to have this fixed before Monday.

Technician Louis showed up the next day and was able to let himself in with the lockbox as requested. Got a call 40 minutes later saying the ovens main PCB and possibly the display PCB were blown and it was going to cost $680 to fix. This $$ through up a red flag for both me and the wife so I decided to head to the Reliable Appliance Center and bought a new thermal fuse for the oven for $8. I don't have a multimeter so I didn't know if this was the problem or not but for $8 figured it was worth a try before spending $700. Took a bit of tinkering to find the fuse by once replaced the oven fired up as expected.

My advice is be careful of the recommendations these guys make and double check yourself. He might have missed this but in my mind this is your job and if you have a multimeter this should be quite simple to diagnose. Will not use these guys again.

As a follow-up I called the next morning and they have canceled my follow up service call and did not charge me for the initial call.

Hi Wilson,

Your situation is exactly as you described. It turned out the technician's multimeter had failed and gave him a false result. The only assurance I can provide is that if he installed all the parts he suggested and your oven wasn't fixed that would have been our problem and not yours and it wouldn't have cost you a dime. I must admit that like all people, we make mistakes too. As you can see by our track record, it doesn't happen often. We will always do our best to make it right and you won't pay for our mistakes.

pjgreenshields
pjgreenshields

Washing machine repair

I called appliance service repair to get a second opinion as another appliance company had quoted me a cost of $653 and the washer as needing a new control panel.The service attendant arrived promptly and had the repair completed within about 10 or 15 minutes. It was a loose wire at the back of the machine. Including service call was just a bit over $100.

Thank you for the review! Always satisfying to resolve a situation like yours.

rafiki
rafiki

Freezer

Picked Appliance Service Center from positive reviews and they lived up to their reputation. Rescheduling the appointment was gladly accepted and Louis showed up within the time slot. Seems like the freezer had a refrigerant leak and repairs would be cost prohibant and it would be better to replace the freezer. They did not charge me for the appointment (really appreciated, thank you) and now ARC will be replacing Sears as my appliance repairs go to.

Thank you for taking the time to review our services! We greatly appreciate your kind words!

CM
CM

Clothes dryer - no heat to dry clothes

I reached out to Appliance Service Center on a Saturday and they even called me back during the weekend to arrange an appointment. Louis was our service person. He diagnosed the problem and ordered the part. The part delivery was quite quick. The dryer was repaired and it works great. Very professional service company and i would recommend this company to anyone. Thank you Appliance Service Center.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review your experience with us! :)

More about Appliance Service Centre

ASC provides the highest quality in repair of major home appliances. We strive to provide the fastest possible response times and guarantee our repairs, parts and labor, for 1 year! We have highly qualified journeyman appliance repair technicians.