Appliance Service Centre

Reviews for Appliance Service Centre

Wilson in Calgary
Wilson in Calgary

Be Careful with these Guys

We are a week away from possession on selling our house and went to clean the oven. After using the self cleanimg function the display on the oven stoped work. Range elements would still work. Called the day before to book a technician and they were able to make it out the next days. Great as we were on a tight timeline to have this fixed before Monday.

Technician Louis showed up the next day and was able to let himself in with the lockbox as requested. Got a call 40 minutes later saying the ovens main PCB and possibly the display PCB were blown and it was going to cost $680 to fix. This $$ through up a red flag for both me and the wife so I decided to head to the Reliable Appliance Center and bought a new thermal fuse for the oven for $8. I don't have a multimeter so I didn't know if this was the problem or not but for $8 figured it was worth a try before spending $700. Took a bit of tinkering to find the fuse by once replaced the oven fired up as expected.

My advice is be careful of the recommendations these guys make and double check yourself. He might have missed this but in my mind this is your job and if you have a multimeter this should be quite simple to diagnose. Will not use these guys again.

As a follow-up I called the next morning and they have canceled my follow up service call and did not charge me for the initial call.

Hi Wilson,

Your situation is exactly as you described. It turned out the technician's multimeter had failed and gave him a false result. The only assurance I can provide is that if he installed all the parts he suggested and your oven wasn't fixed that would have been our problem and not yours and it wouldn't have cost you a dime. I must admit that like all people, we make mistakes too. As you can see by our track record, it doesn't happen often. We will always do our best to make it right and you won't pay for our mistakes.

pjgreenshields
pjgreenshields

Washing machine repair

I called appliance service repair to get a second opinion as another appliance company had quoted me a cost of $653 and the washer as needing a new control panel.The service attendant arrived promptly and had the repair completed within about 10 or 15 minutes. It was a loose wire at the back of the machine. Including service call was just a bit over $100.

Thank you for the review! Always satisfying to resolve a situation like yours.

rafiki
rafiki

Freezer

Picked Appliance Service Center from positive reviews and they lived up to their reputation. Rescheduling the appointment was gladly accepted and Louis showed up within the time slot. Seems like the freezer had a refrigerant leak and repairs would be cost prohibant and it would be better to replace the freezer. They did not charge me for the appointment (really appreciated, thank you) and now ARC will be replacing Sears as my appliance repairs go to.

Thank you for taking the time to review our services! We greatly appreciate your kind words!

CM
CM

Clothes dryer - no heat to dry clothes

I reached out to Appliance Service Center on a Saturday and they even called me back during the weekend to arrange an appointment. Louis was our service person. He diagnosed the problem and ordered the part. The part delivery was quite quick. The dryer was repaired and it works great. Very professional service company and i would recommend this company to anyone. Thank you Appliance Service Center.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review your experience with us! :)

lawrencec
lawrencec

Service washing machine

Quick, efficient and professionally carried out. Well done would highly recommend to family and friends.

Thank you so much for choosing ASC as well as sharing your opinion! We really appreciate you and your thoughts about our service.

Granted my mistake but no break

I like that you can book an appointment online, Luis was there in the time frame and very polite. Turns out it was a loonie stuck in the dryer. It took him less than 30 seconds. I would have liked a bit of a break on the service call fee and asked about it but no chance. Probably the quickest $99 made but my bad and I'll know better next time...

The service charge is calculated to cover the costs of vehicle, gas, insurance, technician, administrative personal and website that you can book service through. To suggest that the $95 went into the technicians pocket or was all profit with no cost is absolutely false. We were honest, didn't sneak in a repair you didn't need where others would. You paid the minimum to solve your problem and for that we get a negative review.

Susan
Susan

Dishwasher, wall oven, built in fridge, dryer

I have used Appliance Service Centre for multiple repairs over the past 3 years - and they never disappoint! All of the staff is courteous, professional, and extremely knowledgeable. They have repaired our appliances quickly, and cost effectively. They have extended the life of our appliances, and saved us thousands of dollars over all.
Terry and his team are fantastic, and I recommend them to everyone I know. You will not be disappointed.

Wow, thank you Susan for taking the time to review our services! We are very pleased to hear you are happy with our team and service standards! We appreciate your business!

Xenia B. in Calgary
Xenia B. in Calgary

Gas Stove service

Terry was great. Turns out that what I thought was a concern with our gas stove wasn't, so no service was required. Terry took the time to explain everything and very graciously didn't charge for the service call. Terrific people to deal with. I will most definitely be in touch in the future when any of our appliances are in need of repair.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business!

bob
bob

Repair dryer

Best repairman, I have ever had. Wouldn't even charge for the fix and stayed after and answered questions because we are doing renos and buying appliances. Louis Godor reaffirmed my faith in humanity.

Wow, thank you for the excellent review Bob! Pleasure working with you!

More about Appliance Service Centre

ASC provides the highest quality in repair of major home appliances. We strive to provide the fastest possible response times and guarantee our repairs, parts and labor, for 1 year! We have highly qualified journeyman appliance repair technicians.