Paradise Bay

Reviews for Paradise Bay

Joe Ummels  in
Joe Ummels in

Store illegally kept deposit

I put a deposit down on a new hot tub as we were planning on installing at our new home. We were assured that we could cancel and get refund if needed as long as run wasn't delivered.
We had a complication with our house construction and needed the funds to finish the house so we told them we would like a refund and we would continue purchase a little later when things settled down, they simply took our money and wouldn't refund the $500

Not exactly what I would call an ethical or wise business practice.

Very poor ethics. Will never deal with again!!!!!
Read the small print.

D.A. Byford  in Calgary
D.A. Byford in Calgary

Excellent after market service

We have owned an Arctic Spa hot tub from Paradise Bay for over 8 years. The staff are always very helpful, friendly and happy to assist us in any way they can. Very good quality product. The service department has been outstanding in helping us and also trying to save us money in a recent FLO message on the tub. They were booked up for a week for servicing and we were concerned about heating the tub so they spent over an hour on the phone walking me through possible issues and solutions at no cost to us. I would highly recommend this company to anyone considering buying a hot tub.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Customer Service

We bought a patio umbrella late spring on sale in June 2015. We didn't put it up until later in the summer as we had the backyard landscaped. Once it was up we noticed a spot in the umbrella that had an X marked on it where there was a run in the cloth. There was obviously a flaw in the material that was missed and was still used to make the umbrella. We have tried getting it replaced, but to date we have not received a replacement. When we first brought it to their attention there was minimal follow up from their end. We had to constantly call them instead of them calling us and trying to help us out. Finally we were told a few months ago that we would receive a new umbrella top. To date that still has not happened. This means we will have to give them another phone call to see what has happened. Paradise Bay's customer service has been horrible. We would not recommend this company to anyone. It is apparent, that even in this current economy, they are not concerned about how they treat their clients.

Chris S. from Calgary
Chris S. from Calgary

Arctic Spa Installation

Great installation support from Paradise Bay. I had it installed on a Wednesday, in the afternoon we noticed a pump wasn't working. Paradise Bay had a technician at my house by 1:30pm the next day and he fixed it right away. Amazing customer service. 5 thumbs up to Kurt and Dave in the service department.

Brock
Brock
6 reviews Langdon, AB

Swim spa repair

Had a FLO error on pump 1 of my swim spa. Tried to submit a service request via e-mail and online but didn't receive a response after two days I called and was immediately able to book an appointment. The first technician came out on a stat holiday and after looking at my spa said he couldn't fix it in under an hour so needed approval to do the work. The second fella came up a few days later and had it back up and running in a no time. All three associates were very professional a few logistical issues and delays in getting it fixed. Luckily it is still under warranty so only had to pay for their travel out of the city.

Naomi in Okotoks
Naomi in Okotoks
6 reviews OKOTOKS, AB

hot tub

We were looking for a hot tub. Paradise had a good price on a clearance model and the sale and delivery was painless. Trevor answered all our questions and helped diagnose chemical problems. They also helped us hack our tub so we can set it from anywhere using the onspa app.

Corey from Okotoks
Corey from Okotoks
1 review Okotoks, AB

Service/Product

We had a hot tub from Paradise Bay and it was to be maintenance free on the outside. Turns out it was not made properly and the outside started pealing. I made Paradise Bay aware of the problem and even the manufacturer as Paradise Bay was dragging their feet. After 4 years of excuses (wrong color came in, wrong product came in, don't have the right equipment, wrong product came in again, someone used the product, the weather, can't take it into the shop to do cause it is too hard to get it out of my yard...never ending) they did finally get the hot tub sanded down and then waited another year. Not the product has been used by someone else. We finally went out and bought a new hot tub from someone else.

Chris from Calgary
Chris from Calgary

Coyote spas

This company does not care about Anything once you pay for your product. Once the salesperson is out of the picture. You now become a warranty or service customer. I recommend going to a different vendor for a spa. I have paid over $11,000.00 for a product that is still not completely working and it has been over 45 days. Absolutely ridiculous! Do not purchase from paradise bay in Calgary.

Shannon from Calgary
Shannon from Calgary

Hot tub maintenance

PB installed a hot tub for me in 1998. Over the years, I have had maintenance & repairs done to keep the tub in good working order. I have found the service people to be professional, competent and willing to take the time to educate me to ensure my investment lasts. In store, the staff have also taken the time to provide information on new products that fit with my individual needs, and provide me with helpful advice.

A Hansen from Okotoks
A Hansen from Okotoks
1 review Okotoks, AB

Arctic Spa Summit Purchase

We purchased our spa in 2011 from Paradise Bay. The sales staff was very helpful in helping us choose the right tub. We were steering toward a 2012 model with two filters ( wish we had now) but the salesman assured us the single filters were just as good and cheaper. So we decided on a 2011 new model and had to wait till they received it from manufacturer a few
months later. But what we received resembled a floor model that we had looked at Paradise Bay. (That was a floor model for at least 8 -9 months) how we know this is because it had the same coincidental scratch marks in the cedar ( distinctive marks) that was on the floor model ( our kids had pointed out in the store). We didn't pay floor model price we paid new price hummmm? We asked our salesperson he assured us it was new.
It was installed July and by fall our problems started- lights in jets and controls wouldn't work sometimes, one of pumps was making lots of noise. We called service and they checked and said just bugs in new hot tub.
By summer half the lights were burnt out in one of the seats and water pressure in one of pumps was very low. Service came out again, switched out electrical and checked pump said the controls weren't turned on max causing low pressure (not).
Winter ( tub barely year old) tub shuts down completely - it's minus 17 out on weekend. After a LOT of phone messages unreturned finally reach service and pump #1 is gone and needs replacing. So Ok the tub is a year and a half old a pump that should last 5 -10 yrs gone ( this tub isn't used excessively and is maintained vigorously - always crystal clean, ph perfect, sanitized .) electrical replaced. We're thinking we received a floor model and not a new spa! Very disappointed and feel ripped off!!