Electricians
Electricians

Review for NuWest Electric

Lauraine in Calgary
Lauraine in Calgary

Electrical repair - added cable outlet

403 286 5317
Un Known
Calgary
AB
T2R0L2

I booked this company to simply move and activate a cable outlet from the bedroom side of a wall to the bonus room side of that same wall. The job was completed (in 15 minutes) but.... a few days later, when I received my new TV, I discovered the outlet STILL didn't work, so Shaw Cable had to come out to activate the outlet properly. It would have been good business, and a sign of integrity, had anyone at NuWest informed me that this minor job could easily have been completed by Shaw Cable, and been done for FREE!!! Because the outlet, after paying $180.00, STILL wasn't working, that's exactly what happened. We spent another few days with no TV/Cable, until Shaw could come and activate the outlet properly. VERY frustrating - especially for my two sons!!

When I addressed the issue with Nu West, he assured me they would credit $80.00 of the $180.00 back to my Visa. I still had to pay for the electrician's time, and I found that disappointing, but a compromise. That was months ago..... and despite another phone call, I still have not received my credit!!!

On a slight positive note, the electrician did suggest that, seeing as I had to pay for the hour, and he finished the job in 15 minutes, he would be happy to look at any other electrical related items in the house. I did take him up on that offer. I'm glad I did, because I sure paid for it!!!

I would NOT recommend this company!!!!!