Fixer on The Roof

Reviews for Fixer on The Roof

josephmorrissey2 in Toronto
josephmorrissey2 in Toronto

Leaky Roof - Quick Repair

I called Victor of Fixer on the Roof to ask that he come repair an urgent leak that was occurring at the corner of the house. He gained my trust immediately by first suggesting that I check with the original roofers to see if there was a warranty available. Turned out there was no warranty so I went ahead with Victor who came to the house the next day. He quickly found the problem and patched up the holes and attached a thin medal sheet to help seal the edge of the roof. He also pointed out other problems that he could fix while up there and for bit of extra money - cleaned out the 1st, 2nd and attic eaves troughs too. He was very professional, trustworthy and efficient. I highly recommend Victor.

Thanks You Joseph for your kind words, it was a pleasure to fix your problem,and it is our mission to be the best roofers in Toronto. #RooferTO

David Rokeby from Toronto
David Rokeby from Toronto

replace roof

Justin and Jason of JSpec Roofing were fantastic. We uncovered unanticipated problems with the roof deck during removal of the existing roof. JSpec took excellent care of us, making trips to check on the tarping during a heavy rainstorm. They were courteous, helpful and considerate and did a great job. Thanks!!

William from Toronto
William from Toronto

New roof

I moved into my new house, and on move in day found a hole in the roof - right before (a) Canada Day weekend, and (b) leaving for Europe for a month. Victor was able to come out next day, and get a team to work over the holiday weekend. Not only did they get the job done quickly, they charged exactly what they quoted, and even helped with the selection of the tile colours. This group was a life saver. I have no idea how much damage would have occurred if I had waited until I got back to get the new roof. In addition, Victor was very nice, and made sure that I knew everything I was signing (indeed, he refused to let me sign the contract until he was sure that I had read it, and understood everything). After finishing, he noted other things that could be fixed like the gutters (that he didn't do, so this wasn't looking for extra work). Great group. And thanks a million.

andrea pilati from Toronto
andrea pilati from Toronto

skylights and roof repairs

Rick Barr came in and did great work. Extremely responsive - phone/email/text - all modes of communication. He showed up a day early, and got the entire job done in half a day. He's fantastic - extremely friendly and very experienced. (I was married to a contractor, so I know the biz! :)) He went above and beyond just installing skylights...he quoted me for a roof tune-up, fixed issues that he saw, and cleaned the eavestroughs! I will definitely recommend Rick and his crew to my friends. I found him all the way through to be very careful about not "gouging" the customer, and he gave me some good advice on what are the important things to fix.

degan ashraph from Markham

ice dam and wind damage, missing shingles

Hi Trish,

I don't know how many ways there are to say Thank you...but if it was a fun thing for you to read...I would list them all..lol..Rick came by and my roof no longer leaks...The price 1/3 what the insurance company adjuster said...and he (the adjuster) didn't even go up on the roof. Rick will be sending me a quote for re shingling and underlay etc which I will need to do so I do 't have this issue again but there's no impending necessity..most likely in august if anything. The service. ..AMAZING!! I am a single mom and so used to having to weave my way through dubious quotes and money grabbers..what an unbelievable treasure this company is. Talking to Rick is like talking to a friend as was with you. I will most definitely be telling everyone I know about this company.  I have a work colleague who is looking at redoing her roof...Will be giving her your  number. Thanks again. Only 2 words but it carries with it an immense gratitude.

Be talking to you guys again this summer.

Degan

degan ashraph from Markham

Emergency leak and roof inspection

Assisted Review

I don't know how many ways there are to say Thank you...but if it was a fun thing for you to read...I would list them all..lol..Rick came by and my roof no longer leaks...The price 1/3 what the insurance company adjuster said...and he (the adjuster) didn't even go up on the roof. Rick will be sending me a quote for re shingling and underlay etc which I will need to do so I do 't have this issue again but there's no impending necessity..most likely in august if anything. The service. ..AMAZING!! I am a single mom and so used to having to weave my way through money grabbers..what an unbelievable treasure this company is. Talking to Rick is like talking to a friend as was with you. I will most definitely be telling everyone I know about this company. I have a work colleague who is looking at redoing her roof...Will be giving her your number. Thanks again. Only 2 words but it carries with it an immense gratitude.

Be talking to you guys again this summer.

Hi Degan,

This is one of the most heart warming reviews I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I always hated the condescending nature of contractor to woman and sadly the stereotype is all to pervasive. I hire contractors who work with my customers to educate them on the best solutions based on budget for the time. The more educated the public is about what a roofing system is and the needs of your roof the better you are able to make an informed decision about who to proceed with and the costs. No offense to insurance adjusters but the are not roof inspectors they have general knowledge only.

team fixer alliance
Rick and Trish

Luke from Toronto
Luke from Toronto

Flat roof repair

I found Fixer on the Roof through our local paper, while I was looking for someone to repair a flat roof on our house in the east end of Toronto. It seems they act as agents or brokers for a bunch of roofing companies and individuals.
Trish listened to my story and recommended a couple of companies, who she contacted directly, and they then called me (within a day) to arrange a site visit. When I had trouble getting in contact with one of the leads, Trish then gave me an alternative, which turned out to be the one I eventually used. I even asked Trish for advice on whether the competing quotes I had received were in fact equivalent services, and she talked me through some of the jargon involved. She answered all my emails and questions promptly.
So, it was through Fixer on the Roof that I found my roofer, who ultimately did a good job for us. I think this is a valuable (free) service, and takes at least some of the uncertainty and stress out of the process.

Hi Luke,

Thank you so much for this kind review. As a certified roof inspector and having been through many many contrctors I do know a lot about roofing systems and have a keen sense of who to refer based on your need. I am happy to review quotes to make sure they are all competative and they are to code! Jamie and his crew are awesome!

Team Alliance
Jamie and Trish

Tracey Tomlinson from Toronto
Tracey Tomlinson from Toronto
1 review East York, ON

Eaves Replacement

My eaves fell down during the ice storm and needed replacing. I was referred to Trish at Fixer on the Roof and she had three referrals contact me. She made a daunting task easy and from the time I contacted her until the job was complete was 5 days. Amazing work by the team I chose, clean & professional. So pleased with my entire experience many thanks Trish!

Hi Tracey,

It is my absolute pleasure to read this review. Normally the process from referral to completion is 2-3 weeks but sometimes the universe lines up! I am glad you were happy with the service and the guys I send. James is top notch as is his team from Canada Aluminum.

Thanks from the Fixer on the roof Alliance
Trish and James

Thien from Toronto
Thien from Toronto

Roof Inspection for Cause of Loss determination and estimate for roof replace/repair

Rich was sent to our place to evaluate if our roof leak could have been caused by the Toronto ice storm. Since our leak our insurance company sent a roofer to tarp our roof for emergency care. We explained all of this. When he came we was quite friendly and stated that he would go above and beyond for the home owner. His report stated otherwise! He deemed the roof was caused by the nails used to tarp our roof (LOL) and called it faulty worksmanship (which now the insurance company will not cover the cost of repair) My question is 1) if it was faulty worksmanship how come we never had a leak before or after the big ice storm? 2) how can the cause of the leak be the nails use to tarp the roof when that was done after the leak occured??? Rich seems like a nice enough person but clearly in the pockets of the big insurance companies and NOT looking out for the little guy. Because of his erroneous assessment it is costing us over $20,000 in repairs to the roof alone, not withstanding the interior repair costs. My recommendation is that Rich and fixer on the roof do not listen and seem to just go through the motions.

Hi Ty,

I too received the inspection report from Barr Roofing 2010 and have seen the pictures of the specific leak sites. I have no other way to respond other than to say I am sorry you didn't like what my assigned roofing contractor had to say. Posting a bad review because you didn't want to hear it wasn't an insurance claim is very low. We don't work for insurance or anyone else we tell it as it is as we are honest. Here is an excerpt on the cause of loss for all those potential customers who are reading this review and our repsonse:
Barr Roofing 2010
"We assessed the flat roof system, the main roof, the drainage and the interior of the home by physically going on the roof and interior of the home. We determined the cause of loss is poor workmanship to the flat roof membrane system specifically at protrusions, at transitions and along perimetre. These areas can be repaired however we recommend a new roof system be installed over existing flat roof as it appears the tarp, that is no longer present, was installed using roof nails throughout the flat roof membrane rather than being properly strapped to main shingled system and perimeter, these nails may cause between 30-60 possible leak sites. "

At this time we recommend full roof replacement of flat roof membrane system and repair to scupper area on mansard. I have provided a quote to replace and repair.

Best of luck with your roof and if you can find a roofer to say it was ice damming so you can get insurance money shame on them!

team fixer roofing alliance Barr roofing
Trish and Rick

More about Fixer on The Roof

We have an alliance of roofing contractors, Lead by Justin and Jason at JSPEC ROOFING, qualified to meet any roofing need from stop leak roof repairs, skylight replacement, flat roof repairs, flat roof replacements, partial shingled roof replacements and full asphalt, synthetic, slate and cedar Shingled roof replacements. We also ...