Toronca Fence And Decks Inc

Toronto ON
Fences & Gates
Toronca Fence And Decks Inc

Reviews for Toronca Fence And Decks Inc

Avoid TorOnCa, very unprofessional and hot tempered

Be careful when dealing with this company, very unprofessional. Was provided a quote for the fencing and person drawing up the diagrams advised we could decide later on whether to extend the fence past the hose bib or before it and decide on the gate afterwards. We agreed to this. When it came down to it and I asked if we could extend it and they gave me crap for that. I talked to them in a calm and professional manner but they just blew up and started yelling at me. Started telling me the neighbor didn't want to build it that far but I already spoke to my neighbor and they agreed on extending. Was told I would have to pay for the extension myself. Asked how much, they advised another $100. OK, I was fine with that. Then when they came back again to make the change, they advised its now $250. So basically, the extension is about 2 feet. So they wanted $250 to build 2 feet. Then without even discussing anything they just said forget it, we don't want to do it, do it on your own and they left the fence open unfinished. Very unprofessional. I did some research and keep in mind they have been REMOVED from the better business bureau probably for having too many complaints and issues so do your due diligence and check them up first. So I basically got an unfinished fence and forced to pay what was on the contract. So be careful what you discuss with the initial person vs the person doing the actual work. They will change things up on you. The initial linear footage charge will be enticing at first, but they will charge you ridiculous amounts or make up insanely high quotes to close off your gate for example. I have had other friends tell me their neighbors reached out for quotes and they never show up either. So keep that in mind.

R.Fobert
R.Fobert
6 reviews Newmarket, ON

New Fence

We were slightly hesitant to use Toronca based on some mixed reviews we saw online. We were more or less forced into using them due to a few neighbors not communicating with others, in a new subdivision. However, we were very happy with everything. All of the crews were pleasant and professional. They were very hardworking. I felt they took great care in making sure the posts were lined up just right. Our fences and gates look great. The gates were made from scratch and seem extremely heavy duty. We’ve received many compliments on our fences! Thanks guys!

AJ from Brampton in Brampton
AJ from Brampton in Brampton

Backyard Fence and Deck

We would recommend Erson and his company for any project. They were professional and very hardworking. They worked within the time line they gave us but did not rush and cut any corners. He and his team made sure every part of the deck was perfect and did not say they were done until THEY were 100 % happy which made us feel as if they were building it for their families and wanted nothing less than perfection upon completion!

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Fence and gates

I found Toronca to be very responsive (via text/phone) and they did a terrific job on my fence and gates. Friends and family who visit always take note of how nice the fence is. Well constructed and with good materials.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Use at your own risk...

1) they are not licensed in the city of Vaughan as a deck & fence contractor. Per City Bylaw 315-2005 and 016-2017. All renovators, fence installers are required to be licensed with the city.
2) they don’t follow city bylaws regarding zoning requirements. They only tell you they have done hundreds of decks or fences no issues. No issues in the past doesn’t mean it was done properly.
3) they will tell you yes they will apply for building permit but in fact they don’t and perform illegal work. They promised to provide engineer drawing and they never did.
4) once you pay, good luck getting them back to fix anything afterwards, they will tell you someone will stop by today, tomorrow or whenever and it will be no show
5) one of the brother (company owned by two brothers) was rude and has no customer service skills. Honestly, dealing with Rogers and bell are more pleasant in comparison.
6) material uses are cheap, many boards were cracked, twisted when installed. Also they only use nails and no screws.
My list can go on forever. But you get my point, spend a little bit more and hire someone else to save the headache.

Vr in Vaughan
Vr in Vaughan

Fencing

Please avoid ToronCa. In a group project for our subdivision they constructed fence for 12 homes in our area. The quality is poor and their customer service is terrible once money is paid. Therefore if you have issues once they finish your fence, they will ignore you. The brother are hot tempered and have no customer service skills. Please avoid ToronCa if you don’t want headaches when once fence is up. Also they make deals with the negotiator and overcharge others. Even BBB has revoked them due to unsettled claims.

Sunny in Brampton
Sunny in Brampton

Happy customer. Toronca did the fence for our whole street

I'm very happy with the work done by Toronca for my street. The fence and gates look great and the job was done cleanly and professionally in about 10 days. I got quotes from 9 different companies before we went with Toronca who was the most competitive and offered the options we wanted.

A big pro with them over other companies is they don't take a deposit and take payment only when the job is complete. Some neighbours had bad experiences with fence companies not coming back so this is great that all the risk is off us.

They offered several designs and options as well as post sizes so we could get the larger 6x6 posts as desired. We could get inserts put into the gates which adds a bit of a nicer look to them. I worked with Erhan and it went well and I would use them again if I needed another fence done.

Chemist in Brampton
Chemist in Brampton

Project

Excellent company. They did my backyard fence in 2017 and I was very impressed with the quality of work done. The pricing was also lower than competitors.. I re-hire them again in April 2018 to complete a deck project. No regrets. Very focus workers. Definitely will be recommending them to friends and family..

Ashwin in Mississauga
Ashwin in Mississauga

Fence & Deck Project - Summer 2017

Toronca is a trustworthy, reliable and professional contractor for Decks & Fences. When we moved into our new build home, we were looking to build the fence and a deck in the summer of 2017.
The Fence Project.
I took the lead and co-ordinated with my 18 neighbours and reviewed quotes from 5 different contractors eventually our neighbourhood collectively selected Toronca based on quality, references and our desired time commitment. The entire fencing for 18 homes was completed in less than a week, they are well organized and 3 teams of workers systematically got the job done. Each home got a gate with a wrought iron window and the fence design we chose provides excellent privacy.
PROS: Professional, Good Workmanship, Competitive Prices.
CONS: Slight delay in getting the project started but once they did, it was done in a week.
Above & Beyond: It is quite a challenge to have 18 familes commit to a large expense and as such Toronca offered a couple of homes flexible payment options, which really helped get everyone on board. Most importantly they were so flexible we only paid after the job was done, no advance was required either. This is a sign of a stable and financial solvent contractor no doubt.

The Deck Project:
I was looking for a wrap around double deck because we have a walkout basement and worked on the design with Toronca, they had really good suggestions and they built the deck in two stages, the upper deck believe it or not was built in 2 days, the first day the entire upper wood section was completed and the 2nd day was used to install the glass railings and the staircase.
The 2nd stage was The lower deck which also took about 2 days with the installation of the glass railing and a couple of gates.
PROS: Deck was built with precision and is completely level and flush with the home. The glass railings provide a great view and were done to ensure gaps between glass panels are no larger than 3 inches for safety.
CONS: There was a bit of a wait after materials arrived and work actually began, but then again they do such a good job it's worth the little delay.
Above & Beyond: As an after thought I figured it would be a good idea to convert the bottom of the deck stairs landing into a dog house for my Great Danes and they did such a good job of it, cost me a little extra but was totally worth it.

Overall:
I'm very pleased with the way everything turned out, I've attached a few pictures to show before the fence and deck were built and how it looks now. Note every fence you see in these pictures was built by Toronca, the entire row of 18 homes in Brampton (Missisauga Rd & Steeles).

Recommendation:
I highly recommend Toronca and like me I'm certain you will be pleased with the way your fence and deck project turns out. If you'd like to see for yourself, I'm happy to oblige. Wish you a wonderful Summer 2018 and all the best with your outdoor projects.

Ashwin

Suresh in Brampton
Suresh in Brampton

Excellent Job

Excellent job and completely focused team.
Overall great Job.
Would definitely recommend. The quality of material and the work manship is excellent. The whole team is focused and know there Job thoroughly.

More about Toronca Fence And Decks Inc

TorOnCa Fence & Deck is a well established fencing and decking company, instilled with a zest for outdoor living! We combine considerable design experience, quality materials and working expertise to create stylish, pleasurable, practical outside spaces, viable throughout the seasons. We work within both the private and commercial sector throughout ...
Looking for Fences & Gates pros in Toronto?