KNT Electric

Best of 2021 winner 6 timesBest of 2021winner 6 times

Reviews for KNT Electric

Bronwyn  in Toronto
Bronwyn in Toronto

Very professional and reasonable prices

We had KnT rewire our house in 2018 and they were really great to work with. Tim took his time explaining the job and every element of the quote, and was amenable to last minute adjustments to the plan. We got a lot of quotes for the job, and KnT were the best price for what they included, such as only cutting small holes, and patching the holes at the end of the job.
We have had two minor electrical issues come up in the past three years (one malfunctioning outlet and one breaker that needed replacing) and both times, KnT sent someone out to quickly repair it, at no additional cost to us.
I highly recommend this company. They are quick, honest, tidy, and exceptionally professional and focused on customer service

Glad we could be of service.

Paul Pernette from Toronto
Paul Pernette from Toronto

Paul Pernette

If I had known how easy this job turned out to be, I would have had the Knob & tube replaced a long time ago. K&T made it easy. They really know what they are doing. I am very satisfied with them and the professional work that they do. I know that they specialize in replacing Knob & tube but I would not hesitate to hire them for any electrical work that I may need in the future.

Thank you we appreciate your kind words. I will pass them on to my team.

Rob M in North york
Rob M in North york

Knob and Tube - GFCI outlet replacements

We bought an 80 year old house and contacted the KNT team to evaluate updates required to our knob and tube wiring to meet our insurance requirements and create a safer environment (this entailed replacing all of the outlets with GFCI receptacles and a couple of closet lights). KNT was very responsive and were able to send someone to the site within a few days, provide a quote promptly after and complete the work and ESA inspection within ten days of go ahead and two and a half weeks of our first email. Very transparent quotation process and we found the rates highly competitive. Team is efficient, respectful and tidy. We had a great overall experience with KNT. Would recommend to others.

Thank you. Best wishes to you and your family in your new home

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Replace Fuse Boxes with Breaker Boxes

These guys are a class act, promptly returned quote/emails, arrived on schedule, kept us informed on progress of the work, efficient, polite, answered any questions we had about the work, finished the job on time as promised, cleaned up after job was completed, overall did a great job as we requested and affordable. Wish all the contractors that we've worked with in the past were as good as this group. Well done Tim, Danny and crew. We would not hesitate recommending KNT Electric to our friends and neighbours.

Thank you. Enjoy the new breaker panels. I sure the Siemens surge protectors will provide peace of mind.

Fudge
Fudge
0 reviews Oshawa, ON

Fast, helpful, good follow up and good quality work.

KNT electric was fantastic from first when I first contacted them to the time they finished the job. I was just having my electrical panel moved, and from the get-go communication was excellent even to the point of politely following up when I had gone quiet for a while.
The work was professional and I'm very happy with the result. Would highly recommend and will definitely be reaching out to Tim and the KNT electric team when I need electrical work done.
Thanks, guys!

Thank you for your kind review. Good luck with your renovation

Matthew T
Matthew T

Knob and Tube Replacement

KNT Electric was engaged to perform the knob and tube replacement in our heritage (1914) home. This was not a reno, so they had to be very careful to cause as little disruption as possible to the walls and ceilings. It was a 7 day job. The team was excellent and very professional. They tidied up every day and moved from room to room efficiently and with purpose. The job was done on schedule and as quoted. They repaired/patched everything nicely so that all that was left for us to do is the paint touch-up. I would recommend KNT Electric for any electrical problem, especially knob and tube replacement.

Thank you - I can always count on John & Ryan. I especially liked visiting the job site and walking in and hearing live music.

pmalvendia in Toronto
pmalvendia in Toronto

Rewiring, Potlights and Doorbell Wiring

As first time homeowners, Danny, Ken and Tony did an amazing job of upgrading the electrical work of our 70-year old house. They rewired and grounded our sockets, installed new potlights, added a doorbell, upgraded our thermostat wiring, installed exterior light fixtures for us; all this while creating minimal incisions in our walls. They also patched our walls and cleaned up at the end of every work day. On top of this, they were very friendly and also provided a lot of practical advice. I highly recommend these guys and will be my go-to for all future electrical work. Thanks again KNT!

I hope you enjoy your new home. Always glad to be of service

Recommended to us and glad to recommend to everyone!

KNT was recommended highly to us by some friends and, after some investigation and a visit from Danny, we decided to go ahead with them. That was in January 2020. We signed a contract in February and work was supposed to start in mid-March. Well, we all know what happened then. In the midst of the early lockdown, KNT was very understanding about allowing us to reschedule and, if we chose, even to cancel the work, with a full refund, right up to February 2021. We eventually decided to go ahead in September. The crew (Ryan and Tony, along with Danny supervising) could not have been better or easier to communicate with. They did a great job over approximately 7 days, leaving no mess behind in their wake. When we ran into a very minor problem a couple of days later, Danny came out immediately to fix it. If you're looking for reliability and professionalism, delivered in a personable and thoughtful way, KNT is the right company for you. (PS: I'm posting anonymously for privacy, this is a genuine review from a very satisfied customer in downtown-west Toronto, where our 130 year-old townhouse still had lots of knob and tube.)

Thanks for your positively glowing review. I know it is hard to stay upbeat with all that is going on. I hope you and your family remain safe during these strange times.

Boris in High Park in Toronto
Boris in High Park in Toronto

Top-to-Bottom Rewiring of 110-Year-Old House

I had been planning to replace the original knob-and-tube wiring in our house for a couple of years; so the choice of company was not made lightly.

KNT completely justified my trust. They scored top marks in all categories: quick reply to request for estimate; detailed, transparent billing (among the best I have seen); work scheduled within reasonable time; very punctual when arriving in the morning and then finishing right at 5 pm; easy to reach and responsive to requests and inquiries; not rushing or cutting corners; keeping me informed as to the status of the work; and fast follow-up on one or two minor points after job completion.

The pricing was highly competitive, and I recommend their optional, very reasonably priced plastering service.

As regards the quality of the work, this company clearly has enormous experience with knob-and-tube replacement, and it shows -- they know exactly what they are doing, and they keep their promise to keep incisions to a minimum.

Ryan and Ben were the anchors on the crew, and deserve particular thanks, and I much appreciated Danny's straightforward and honest advice.

I will pass on your kind words to my team. We are always glad to help

Adam in Toronto
Adam in Toronto

Knob and Tube Replacement

This was the first time we used KNT and would certainly be a repeat customer if we need any further electrical work.

The quoting process was transparent, which led to a very smooth overall project. Our job came in under budget!

Communication was clear, the job was finished on time, and I’d have no hesitation recommending KNT to others.

Thanks again for the positive experience!

Adam

Thank you for your comments and your flexibility in allowing us to start a day later than originally scheduled.
We only charge for the work completed, based on our up front unit costs. The nature of the work requires a realistic estimate especially in previously renovated homes.
I am always glad when a job comes in under budget.

More about KNT Electric

KNT Electric, Replacing and decommissioning Knob and Tube Wiring is what we do best! Call 647-880-0881. ECRA License # 7007535. Provide Certificate of Inspection from Electrical Safety Authority's (ESA). As a member of ESA - Accredited Contractor Program (ACP), we are pre-approved for service connections. Our reputation as one of the best Electrical contractors in Toronto is evident by our reviews. We care about our clients and our reliable work and customer satisfaction is expressed by the many positive reviews on Homestars.