KNT Electric

Electricians
85 Logan Ave Toronto ON M4M 2M9
HomeStars  >  Electricians in Toronto  >  KNT Electric
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for KNT Electric

Ron Stupen

KNT Electric did an outstanding job for us about two years ago in changing out the knob and tube wiring in our house as well as the wiring in our renovated basement at the same time. When we started experiencing power surges throughout the house we called Toronto Hydro who responded by changing the connections at the street pole. When the surges continued, we called our trusted friend Bill Tang of KNT Electric. Bill responded quickly and sent out an electrician to investigate the problem. The problem was a puzzlement because no issue could be found with the wiring inside the house. Toronto Hydro returned and eliminated the power surges by changing the connections to the house. Bill Tang showed a lot of concern for what was happening and the anxiety that it was causing us. This exemplifies the integrity of KNT Electric and their commitment to their customers. To this day I marvel at how the knob and tube wiring was replaced and the benefits that a modern electrical system offers. Thanks, Bill for another challenging job well done. Ron Stupen

We learned a lot from your problem with surges and it helped with many similar jobs that followed with same problem. We are glad everything was resolved with hydro- I guess it pays to be persistent

Murray in Toronto

I was impressed by the outstanding reviews people gave for KNT Electric and had them in to quote my job. We have a 2 story storefront building which had a mish-mash of different wiring including some knob and tube that were still used power to outlets in the building. The top floor had 2 separate fuse type panels and KNT ran new wiring from the basement to a single new panel to service the top floor. The G/F only needed to upgrade the wiring and switches. Ken, Danny and the team were prompt and cleaned up after each day. The patch work performed was acceptable with only minimal amount of sanding needed before repainting. I am glad I decided to hire KNT and I would definitely recommend KNT Electric for any electrical work. But their main specialty is upgrading knob and tube to today's electrical standards. You would not regret awarding them your project.

Thank you for the kind words- we won't forget your job as it had a very unique environment

R&S in Toronto

You know that you have made a wise choice to hire a company when....
- they do the job they were contracted to do;
- turn up at the job site when they say they would be there;
- complete the job when they said the job would be completed;
- and leave the job site neat and clean every day.
This was was our happy experience with the KNT team.
Bill and each member of his team are professional and a pleasure to work with. A secure 10 out of 10

Lynne in Toronto
2 reviews Halton Hills, ON

Can't say enough about this company and the crew that did the work. Professional and prepared with a great work ethic, you could tell these guys do knob and tube replacement day in, day out. They know their stuff, they're efficient, organized, respectful and they clean up! Would not hesitate to recommend them to friends and family:) Thanks KNT.

Thank you for the kind words. The guys especially remember your big friendly dog

JCG in Toronto

We have a vintage home of cinder block interior and stone and brick exterior walls. The downstairs hall is floor to ceiling original oak panelling. The interior walls are vintage plaster over linen, with many walls decorated with wallpaper. We had been dreading knob and tube replacement and the impact it would have on walls and ceilings, even while knowing that insurance requirements and any future sale of the house dictated that it would be a wise economic decision. We heard of KNT Electric’s specialization and reputation and were able to visit two of their projects while they were underway. We met with Bill Tang and Danny Lam, who talked us through the process, surveyed the house, explained their billing approach and did their best to alleviate our concerns, which they clearly understood and appreciated, as common to most vintage homeowners. The fact that KNT Electric specializes in knob and tube replacement increased our confidence in engaging them to undertake the project. Watching them daily on the project clearly revealed the professional experience, skill, needed tool inventory and project management that comes from this focused specialization. Their transparent and detailed approach to estimating the cost meant that there were no surprises in the final billing. Danny Lam and Tony Su and their crew were professional, dedicated, focused and caring about our concerns. Bill Tang visited every day to oversee the project and check on our satisfaction with the work and its progress. The crew moved and covered the furniture with care, as needed, telling us which room they would be working in the next day. They arrived on time a 10:00 am and left at 6:00 pm, after vacuuming, cleaning up and making sure that the house was livable with the power on. The original estimate of 6 working days completion extended to 10 days, but was understandable, and had no impact on the final cost. Our wood panelling was not breached. The wallpaper was respected and only disturbed, when absolutely necessary, and after discussion with us. Using corners and pealing it back, leaving one edge attached, meant putting it back in place minimized the visual impact when replaced. They did the 2nd floor wiring from the attic, which minimized the need for holes. Our wish was to retain our living room and dining room cove lighting, installed in 1939. Danny and Tony carefully and successfully rewired these 32 somewhat delicate tube lights. The cinder block walls in the basement were rewired using the interior holes in the cast blocks, resulting in no exterior wiring. The holes were generally about 2 inches in diameter. Danny Lam did such a good job of filling and sanding theses holes that I had to mark them all with blue masking tape so that our touch-up painter would be able to find them! We can say with confidence “Why would you use anyone else to replace your knob and tube wiring.” We have no hesitation in recommending KNT Electric. More importantly, from our perspective, the project is complete and the subject of divorce has not come up!!

We are glad that you are happy with our work- I am glad we were able to preserve the vintage character of your home. Thank you for the referral. In total I think we have done three homes on your street. I will pass on the praise to Danny and his team

ariane in Toronto

We just moved into a new home that had complete knob and tube wiring. Tim and his team were efficient and managed to re-wire the whole house in 6 days. They also installed pot lights in my living room, dining room kitchen and basement. They patched up the walls and left everything in a clean state when they left.

I am glad you are happy with the pot lights- your dog Mya was the calmest dog I have ever met

theyellowline in Toronto

Last summer we contacted KNT to remove the knob and tube from our 100-year-old semi-detached home. Almost the entire house needed to be rewired, and we also wanted to improve its function by adding new overhead lights and new electrical outlets in most of the rooms. Bill and Tim provided a thorough quote, explained the cost of each item and were responsive to changes that came up during the project. Since our walls are plaster, their crew tried to damage them as little as possible and worked with our contractor who was installing a new ceiling as part of the project to coordinate the new pot lights. We are very pleased with the result and happy to know our house is now up to code.

Thank you for your review - I am glad that you are happy with your new pot lights and knowing your home is up to code. I am sorry I do not specifically recall your job we have done a lot of homes since last summer

Peter Ledwon from Toronto

We contacted KNT after reading the HomeStars reviews, asking to have a new circuit put into each of two second storey bedrooms in a century home. Bill contacted me by phone for initial information, and when I told him the location, he said a crew were working nearby and suggested I come over to have a talk and to see their work. Thereafter, he and an associate came to our property to assess the particulars. Bill provided a very thorough and detailed explanation of both the requirements, and the options for the anticipated work, making making sure I was comfortable with their undertaking of the job. That evening, he emailed me their quote, which was agreeable, and we arranged a date for the job.
The work was done very personably and efficiently by Leon, who kept the required work areas contained and uncluttered, and cleaned up thoroughly when the work was done. Bill arrived during the job, making sure I was satisfied with the work, and answering any questions I might have.
In our agreement, we decided to do the followup patchwork ourselves, so we were both pleased and relieved, having had this type of work done before by other contractors, how little there would be for us to do.
The quote given was exactly what we were charged. I’ve already recommended them to a neighbour considering having work done.

Thank you Peter - I have passed on your comments to Leon. I am happy that you were comfortable with our method of quoting - the transparency I believe is mutually beneficial

Joanne Kerr in Toronto

I live in a century home with extremely complex crown molding. Bill and his team replaced 4 knob and tube wires and added 2 additional outlets for walk scones. I was so impressed! First, the team left each evening and had cleaned all the dust. Second, the holes were so small my son did not even notice them. I am not sure how that was even possible. He arrived when he said he would and followed up quickly to repair the holes once the inspection was complete. His time estimate was spot on. A very professional job, and I would use him again and would definitely recommend him to anyone who asks.

Thank-you - I will let Leon & Danny know that you are very happy with there work. We were very impressed with your knowledge of the new types of Wi-Fi hardware, we learned a lot. Good luck with the rest of your renovation.

Tracey Braithwaite from Toronto

This was a big job for our "vintage" home, and we felt that we were in good hands with Bill and the rest of the guys. They replaced all of our knob and tube wiring, added a light fixture and wired a doorbell. They did a good job patching the holes in the wall. I feel happy knowing that our wiring has been modernized by these professional people.

Thank-you - The most important thing is you are happy with the work.

More about KNT Electric

KNT Electric, Replacing, removing, decomissioning Knob and Tube Wiring is what we do best! Call 647-880-0881. We are a member of the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA). Our reputation as one of the best Electrical contractors is evident by our reviews. We care about our clients and our reliable work and customer satisfaction is expressed by positive reviews on Homestars.