Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

120 Nebo Road, Unit 2 Hamilton ON L8W 2E4
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Burlington  >  Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

1 review Burlington, ON

Boonstra has been maintaining my furnace and AC for many years. They recommended I had my ducts cleaned.
They did a great job, I was surprised how much crap there was in the ducts.
They took about 3 hours to complete the job.
They bring the vacuum into the house next to the furnace, for maximum vacuum. There is no large truck in the driveway with miles of hoses.
great job.

Job Price

Thanks for the amazing review! We're amazed every time by what comes out of the ductwork. All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

1 review Hamilton, ON

Technicians Chris and Jordon were very professional . Explain the cleaning procedure in detail. At the end they showed me the debris that was removed from the duct. Very polite and did a great job!

Job Price

Thanks for the great review! All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

Jamie in Erin
1 review Hamilton, ON

We currently have a maintenance plan with Boonstra. Our contactor shorted out recently on a 3 year old unit under warranty. We paid 69.95 for a service call, and at least they showed up quickly. After an hour of diagnostic, he figured out the problem and proceeded to charge us 310 dollars to install a 20 dollar part in minutes. He would not honour the warranty as he said they were not the original installers and we would have to contact them. We do not know who the original installer was, as we only bought the house after the fact. Last year our unit froze, and we went through the same process with boonstra. We were told it would be 800 dollars for them to just try and figure out the problem, and would likely need a new unit! It was only 2 years old!!!! After contacting another company, they figured it out and fixed it at no cost. I feel that Boonstra technicians are more focussed on big sales rather than honest repair work, and while we should have learned from our experience with them last year, we definitely have this time around. We will be cancelling our maintenance plan.

Job Price

Hi Jamie, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to call me at 289-684-1839 to discuss this further and come to a suitable resolution. All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

Yasmeen Mirza in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

had purchased our furnace and AC from them few years back. There was no issue with our AC but thought we may as well get it changed. Since the change it has never worked right. Our upstairs is always hot yet with the old AC our upstairs as well as all the levels in our home were cool. I did call them a few times regarding this and they did someone to look at it but no resolve.
The other thing was that our old furnace was using the air from within our home so the sales person explained that they will put a pipe so it can pull air from outside yet when they came to do the work they did not do that. I had to call them and have them come back to complete this work.

Job Price

Yasmeen, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to call me at 289-684-1839 to discuss this further. All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

William in Oakville

Excellent work by these two you gentlemen. Great to see such dedication, commitment and professionalism at this age - the future is in good hands! Cleaned up well and gave excellent advice. We can literally breath easier now.

Job Price

William, thanks so much for this great review! All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

John Butler in Oakville

Excellent workmanship - very neat and professional. We are very pleased with the competitive price. Have taken a annual service contract. Look forward to a long relationship. Thanks to Andrew.

Job Price

Hi John, thank you very much for the wonderful feedback. All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

Clyde in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

I had 2 young guys come to do the job. They were excellent and knowledgeable and taught me and explained EVERYTHING along the way. Awesome job and I will ONLY use BOONSTRA again. Great job guys

Job Price

Thanks for the great review Clyde! All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

Dave in Toronto
1 review Hamilton, ON

Our furnace failed over the winter. We had several quotes to replace it. Boonstra was the most expensive of the 3 but seemed to me to offer the best service and quality of installation to justify the higher price. We also chose to have our AC replaced as well as the unit was dated. I am pleased to say that the difference in the quality of hearing levels is significant over our previous furnace and that the employees I dealt with including Tyler their sales rep, Joe who did the install and Lewis & Brent who cleaned our ducts (also a very worthwhile service from
This company) were all professional, knowledgable, and a pleasure to have in our home. We would definitely recommend Boonstra for your HVAC needs.

Job Price

Thanks for the fantastic review Dave! All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

Robert in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

I am pleased to report that Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning is an excellent company to have into my home and maintain my heating and cooling needs. From making appointments, to the technicians and follow up afterwards has always been an easy and unobtrusive experience with excellent results. Thank you.

A special thank you to Luis, the technician, who is very courteous and knowledgeable and professional. He was able to answer all my questions.

Job Price

Hi Robert, you are very welcome. Thanks for the opportunity to serve you and for posting this great review. All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

Karolyn  from Stoney Creek
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

We had another company come to clean our ducts, and as a result we ended up with a noise in our blower motor. I called Boonstra, and from the first call, to the quick scheduling of the service call to the technician, and the order of the part, and the replacement part repair booking the entire experience was AMAZING. I will never use anyone else for the service. In this day and age service like this is hard to find. What a great example of what the customer service should be. You truly are the experts.

Job Price

Hi Karolyn, thanks for the kind words! We are pleased we were able to help. All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

More about Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning started in 1961 as a one-man operation out of the basement of Clarence Boonstra’s home on Algonquin Street. Shortly there after Clarence purchased the current location across the road. From its meager yet ambitious beginnings, the company has become one of the largest heating and ...