Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

120 Nebo Road, Unit 2 Hamilton ON L8W 2E4
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Burlington  >  Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

Reviews for Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

garymahoney4 in Ancaster
garymahoney4 in Ancaster

5 year old town/condo

Chris and Garrett were courteous, efficient, informative, unobtrusive, and cleaned up great. Duct cleaning was worth it given the amount of drywall dust and plaster shards removed. Boonstra lives up to its good reputation.

csomerville6 in Hamilton
csomerville6 in Hamilton

Furnace Air and Water heater replacement

Besides the rebates, they threw in a Humidifier and Duct cleaning. All staff were professional and thourough. Thank you Kevin/Nolan/Andre and the 2 gentlemen that did the install, I'm sorry I forget your names. Excellent Job though! Thanks for everything Remo :)

anita65t in Hamilton
anita65t in Hamilton

Furnace Service

Furnace wasn't working. Boonstra's gals on phone were so pleasant & helpful with each call. Tech arrived in very reasonable time frame. Will make Boonstra's my HVAC specialist of choice in future.
AnitaT.
Hamilton, ON

Ed B in Burlington
Ed B in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

furnace diagnosis and furnace installation

Boonstra service was unbelievable great I called them 6:30 last Thursday evening ,the night of the snow storm that we had no heat, their service rep Bret came as promised 10:30 pm that night and found the serious problem after an hour of in depth evaluation . I decided to get a new furnace but I was unavailable the next day till late in the day so he said that they could get a sales rep. out that night and the rep. Chris came out that night as promised by 12:30 and took his time to explain my options till 1:30 am .He arranged to have the new furnace installed that morning at 8 am , they came did a wonderful job Ed B

CarolineDion in Brantford
CarolineDion in Brantford
1 review Brantford, ON

basement flood

Boonstra came to the rescue for residents of Brantford due to the flooding in February 2018. Chris came out right away to look at my system and see what could be done. I was amazed at the great service and products I was offered, also the level of contact before and after the installation. A friend had recommended Boonstrat as well as Boonstra posting on Facebook that they wanted to help the affected residents. From the beginning to the end anyone I spoke with at Boonstra was friendly, kind and real...real people that deal with real issues. Thank you Chis and everyone else at Boonstra!

Kfilip36 in
Kfilip36 in
3 reviews Brantford, ON

Furnace & AC Installation

Furnace broke one evening in February. The other companies I called gave me a 2 day window just to have a look! Boonstra came first thing the next morning (they offered to come right away!). From the service technician to sales to installers, couldn’t be more satisfied with the service. Everyone was very courteous and friendly, and I had a new furnace and AC by the end of the day. I felt at first that the price was a little high, but after talking to a few others who had the same type of furnace (upper middle line), it appears to be pretty in line. And they threw in a free duct cleaning, which appears to have never been done in our 30 year old house! Very satisfied and will definitely keep using them for maintenance!

Tina in Burlington
Tina in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Duct cleaning

Called Boonstra and spoke with a very pleasant and knowledgeable women who explained the duct cleaning process and I was delighted that an appointment was booked for the next day. Keenan and Luke called 20 minutes prior to scheduled time and showed up on time. They both took the time to explain what they would be doing and the approximate time frame required. They were able to answer all my questions and were very helpful to me. Keenan and Luke were very friendly and most professional. They respected my home by laying out the red carpet and were neat and clean. I just had new hardwood floors installed in my 66 year old bungalow so there was a fair amount of saw dust and debris in the vents. I am thrilled with the job that Keenan and Luke did, they were a pleasure to deal with. Thank you, Tina

Problem with my Furnace

Having noise problem with furnace which was causing difficulty sleeping and frustration Called the service desk and an appointment was made for Adrian technical service representative to come to the house He was a true professional in that he assessed the problem ordered the required parts and was back within three working days and worked diligently to correct the problem I have been a customer of Boonstra for over 25 years and have had an annual service contract for both my furnace and air conditioner and have been impressed by the service replacement parts and service I have received and would highly recommend Boonstra
I believe their excellent service is the result of their professional internal and service personal as well as the quality products

Thank you for this wonderful review! We sincerely appreciate your patronage over the last 25 years. I will pass on your kind words to Adrian. All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

Ray in Toronto
Ray in Toronto

Pricing

2 days ago, our furnace stopped providing heat. We've had 4 technician calls since then to resolve the problem. While I can't fault the technicians who were prompt (to the house within 2 hours), courteous, and knowledgeable, I feel I was hit unfairly to diagnose and resolve the problem. On the 1st visit, it was determined to be an inducer and dual pressure switch that needing replaced. 3 hours later the furnace no longer provider heat. On the 2nd visit, it was determined to be the dual pressure switches that were replaced the evening prior. They were replaced out a second time (no charge). 3 hours later the furnace failed. On the 3rd visit, the technician pulled out the circuit board to replace with a new one. However the couplings didn't match so put the old circuit board back in place. Lo and behold the furnace maintained heat. On the 4th visit the technician installed a new circuit board on the assumption the old circuit board was at fault but had been working fine for the past 24 hours. So question is was there anything wrong to begin with - or did I just pay $1400 to diagnose something that wasn't there?

Hello Ray, I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Boonstra. If you would like to discuss this further, I can be reached at 289-684-1839. All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

getmp3s
getmp3s
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Price Gouging

Tech was prompt, problem was fixed fast - but boy was i gouged! Furnace has yellow Boonstra sticker on it signed and dated with warranty until Feb 2018, blower died Dec 2017 so called for warranty service, was told label on furnace was a mistake, no warranty, $2500 after tax parts and labor to change blower. Gets worse, found same part online MSRP $600. Gets worse, took old blower to another hvac guy who changed a blown resister on it for $40 so my old blower could have been fixed on the spot. Gets worse... called Boonstra to discuss my dissatisfaction before leaving this review, explained everything and was told would receive a call back - waited 1 month but nobody called. Can't blame a company for trying to make a buck but if you advertise a no hassle satisfaction grantee and don't even acknowledge my dissatisfaction then you are not sincere in your grantees and should be called out on it.

More about Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning started in 1961 as a one-man operation out of the basement of Clarence Boonstra’s home on Algonquin Street. Shortly there after Clarence purchased the current location across the road. From its meager yet ambitious beginnings, the company has become one of the largest heating and air conditioning contractors in southern Ontario.
To provide customers with efficient service, the name Boonstra’s Heating and Air Conditioning is represented by a whole fleet of certified & trained customer service representatives, service technicians and installation technicians. We have had the privilege of having many repeat customers over the years like Donald Wall – “This is the third new furnace we’ve had installed in each of our homes. You do very good work and service – all very nice people we’ve met. Thanks”
We dedicate ourselves to exceeding our customer’s expectations in providing the highest standard of satisfaction. We believe in partnership with customers and employees which are built on our values and beliefs. We enjoy stability and growth by achieving excellence through our skilled, professional people. We secure our reputation as the best in the industry through our commitment to the customer. We are the local company to serve you!