Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

120 Nebo Road, Unit 2 Hamilton ON L8W 2E4
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Burlington  >  Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

Reviews for Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

Bryan P.
Bryan P.
8 reviews Burlington, ON

Big Company, No Care

Called office. Can tell it was a big company. I moved into a new house and had 2 contractors come by and tell me the installation was wrongly done. The cold air intake wasn't vented to the outside. I just wanted to ask them if they did it wrong, I took a picture and was told that if I was to get someone out to look at it, it was like $137. I thought that's crazy if they did it wrong and told them. I said, can't I just send a picture? The telemarketing center person said she doesn't know about furnaces but it looks like it's been checked 2 times and if there was an issue it would have been mentioned. She told me no one could look at it internally with a picture and if I wanted someone to come by it's $137. I called another contractor, he came by and looked at it for free, also said it was wrong and I hired him to fix it. Maybe service of changing air filters by this company is good, but doing it right the first time or trying to sincerly help a customer and recognize their errors is not. If I was a customer I'd check to see if they vented YOUR cold intake to the outside. Basically, the attitude I got was they were too big to care.

duct cleaning

Company installed heating/air units as well as duct cleaning. Will always use their services as needed. Michael and Brayden were: respectful, courteous, on time and very informative of the process.

Thank you for the great review! We look forward to addressing your future heating/cooling needs.

NGE in Hamilton
NGE in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Air Duct Cleaning

I had duct cleaning preformed this morning at my house. The two representatives were very professional, and treated the house with respect and care. The services were explained thoroughly and I felt very comfortable giving the two gentlemen the space to perform their work without supervision. When I had questions, they were met with attention and patience. True customer service. After the work was complete I had other optional services explained to me. Having experienced this before with other companies I was dreading the interaction, but this time I was pleasantly surprised. Options were explained for their usefulness and worth, and paired with experiences shared by all homeowners I suspect. The two technicians who came to my house displayed some of the best manners and respect I have witnessed, ever. I was not sure they would want their names written here, but if you have the chance to recognize them please do. They should be the example Boonstra uses for training. If you reply to this post with a number, I can discuss further.

What a great review to read, as a company and as employees we take pride in delivering exceptional customer service. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and for your trusted business. We look forward to servicing your heating and cooling needs in the future.

1 review Burlington, ON

Never Again

On Sunday, July 1, 2018, we called Boonstra for service on our AC unit as it was not cooling. We were told that a service rep will be available on Tuesday, July 3, 2018 to perform a diagnostic evaluation. When the service rep arrived and after inspecting the unit outside, he indicated that refridg valves needed to replaced, as well as the refrigerant needed to be replaced. He could not do the fix as the valves needed to be ordered and a service appointment arranged. The appointment was set for Thursday, July 5, 2018. He also went through the different levels of service plans available depending on the repairs. He told us he could not indicate the level of cost, but what he saw was needed would indicate a level 2 or level 3. He went on to tell us that if we reached a level 4, then it would be advantageous to take our their Protection Plan. He circled this level on our receipt/service agreement to remind us that if we reached this level of service, we should consider their Protection Plan. He stated that he could not give us the actual cost, as his job was to do a visual inspection only, and depending on the actual work needed would depend on the next appointment when the AC tech completed his work/repair(s) as per original diagnosis. On Thursday, July 5, at 8:15 am we received a call from Boonstra stating their service rep was on his way. At 9:30 am, the service rep arrives. He had the new valves and commenced work. During his work, he made several phone calls, and later he indicated that he was going for lunch and we told him where the nearby Tim's was, This lunch break was for 55 minutes and on the invoice this time coincide with a charge of vaccuming the unit. The service time was exaggerated by what was billed and the work that was actually performed. We were charged for a level 4 service which indicates a severe repair and what was actually done was replacement of the valves and replenishing the refrigerant. We told the service rep that the work and actual repair did not warrant the cost, and therefore requested to speak to his manager. The manager stated that original service rep circled this level of repair and we explained why it was circled as stated above. She was not listening to our concerns or what happened. When we mentioned a lunch break, she stated that their service reps do not take lunch. She also stated that she was not going to lose money on this job. We argued and fought to have the cost reduced. The manager finally relented to reduce the cost to their "membership" level, which is still unacceptable due to actual work performed and actual repair. This was the best orchestrated sucker punch from start to finish. . There is no misunderstandings just dishonest business practice. We will never use them again. We hope this will help any potential customers considering using Boonsta's service to stay away unless they want a high bill for little service. As a side note, we know you will post this review indicating our concerns, and therefore we expect their standard template on how sorry they are about the poor performance and a contact number to call and discuss further. Booster has this same response on the your website as well as the Better Business Bureau website. It is further indication that they do not care about their customers as they do address individually the concerns about their service and business practices. VERY DISHONEST

Sorry to hear that your recent experience with us was a negative one. We would like the opportunity to further discuss and see how we can regain your trust. Please feel free to contact me directly at 905-689-7951 or provide your contact information so we can reach out to you.Thank you, Lindsay Coston, Operations Manager.

cate in
cate in
1 review , ON

Jimmy

I have been a customer with Boonstra for over 20 years. I have always been pleased with their service staff, but I wanted to comment on Jimmy, who came yesterday to work on our A.C.. He was so friendly and professional and incredibly knowledgeable. He took the time to explain to me what the problem was and how he was able to repair it. He had a great sense of humour and I was so impressed by this young man.

Thank you for the great review and words regarding Jimmy's service.

Brutal Experience

This experience was brutal. Talk about getting jerked around. They sell you on how honest and reliable they are.... not the case at all. Charged $140 to tell me exactly nothing! Quoted me $950 or more depending on the repair.... but can’t tell me what’s wrong with the AC unit. I felt like I was getting punked on hidden camera

We are truly sorry to hear bout your poor experience with is. Please feel free to contact me directly at 289-684-1839 or provide your contact information so we can reach out to you as we would like the opportunity to further discuss. Thank you, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

Globo1g in Hamilton
Globo1g in Hamilton
1 review , ON

Bad Experience with Technician

We had called Boonstra to come take a look at our A/C as it had stopped working. The positive is that they were available immediately when we needed them to come within our hours. The first technician (Mike) was very kind but recommended they come back when the A/C isn't frozen. The next day the technician (Steve) was very rude, grumpy and worst of all left everything opened and exposed. The A/C outside was left in pieces which the socket left open. The furnace with the vent was opened with coils & refrigerant completely exposed. We had a couple others come in and they said that this is very unsafe and should never be left in such a condition. Needless to say, we will not be recommending nor calling Boonstra to do any further diagnostics/services.

We are truly sorry to hear that your recent experience with us was not a good one. We would like the opportunity to further discuss and gain your trust back. Please feel free to contact me directly at 289-684-1839 or provide your contact information so we can reach out to you. Thank you, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

Klaus Schmidsrauter from Hamilton
Klaus Schmidsrauter from Hamilton
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

Great Service

I called Boonstra because the company that had installed my central AC discontinued AC service and referred his customers to Boonstra many years ago. I am very satisfied with my first experience with Boonstra. The technician, Steve, came in the promised time frame and conducted himself very professionally. He was very thorough in checking out and diagnosing our unit and explained his findings in detail. Turned out the high-priced furnace filter I had installed restricted the air flow through our old furnace too much and he recommended re-installing a cheapie. The A-coil was clean and the system pressures were within specs. He did recommend replacing the old furnace & AC, but there was no sales pitch to do so now.

Thank you for the 10-star review. We strive to provide exceptional customer service with all our valued customers.

Tammy and Jason in Burlington
Tammy and Jason in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Central Air Repair

We were very impressed with Boonstra. I contacted them online and heard from them the very next day. They ran through so e trouble-shooting tips to see if we really needed a tech and then were very up front with the process and fees. My in-laws were stsying with us and we were hoping to get our problem resolved quickly. Everyone, from the person who answerd the phone, to the service tech were professional and courteous. My husband said that our service tech, Adrian was so helpful, professional
and genuine...really personable. They were accomodating to our schedule and had our C/A up and running before he left. Adrian was by far the best tech with the best customer service. Thank you!

Edward and Debra Valevicius in Hamilton
Edward and Debra Valevicius in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Air Duct Cleaning

Nolan and Kevin performed duct cleaning in our home. Prior to cleaning they explained the process. They conducted their work in an efficient and timely manner and were both friendly and professional. After the work was completed they pointed out all the different levels of cleaning that they performed showing us all of the debris at the different levels in their huge vacuuming system and I highly recommend Nolan and Kevin for any duct cleaning services.

More about Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning started in 1961 as a one-man operation out of the basement of Clarence Boonstra’s home on Algonquin Street. Shortly there after Clarence purchased the current location across the road. From its meager yet ambitious beginnings, the company has become one of the largest heating and air conditioning contractors in southern Ontario.
To provide customers with efficient service, the name Boonstra’s Heating and Air Conditioning is represented by a whole fleet of certified & trained customer service representatives, service technicians and installation technicians. We have had the privilege of having many repeat customers over the years like Donald Wall – “This is the third new furnace we’ve had installed in each of our homes. You do very good work and service – all very nice people we’ve met. Thanks”
We dedicate ourselves to exceeding our customer’s expectations in providing the highest standard of satisfaction. We believe in partnership with customers and employees which are built on our values and beliefs. We enjoy stability and growth by achieving excellence through our skilled, professional people. We secure our reputation as the best in the industry through our commitment to the customer. We are the local company to serve you!