Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

120 Nebo Road, Unit 2 Hamilton ON L8W 2E4
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Burlington  >  Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

Reviews for Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

1 review Hamilton, ON

I called them for a furnace inspection. I knew beforehand that My condensation pump and humidifier weren’t working. They wanted more than $400 for the pump. I then showed the technician that I could get a pump from Amazon for $60. They wanted $230 for a controller for the humidifier. I again showed the technician that I could order one on-line from the manufacturer for $57 ( taxes and shipping included). No problem with the technician but they are grossly overcharging on some items. I ended up ordering and installing the pump and controller myself. I’m not handy and it took me less than 15 minutes. They then tried to sell me a service plan. I wasn’t biting. When I challenged the technician on their pricing he seemed embarrassed by it. He should be.

Margo Shuttleworth in Burlington
11 reviews Burlington, ON

I looked around for a furnace maitenance company and settle on Boonstra (originally saw the trucks....) Bennett was my technician and he dida wonderful job of giving a my furnace a check up and cleaning up the fireplace. I ended up signing up for the yearly maintenance plan, partially because I was so impressed and also knew I needed the A/C done in the spring. Knowledgeable about what he was doing, I was really happy with Bennett and Boonstra overall.

Colin Teague in San Francisco
1 review Burlington, ON

Had a morning service for duct cleaning performed by two wonderful service professionals, Chris and Luke. Both gentlemen were very friendly and personable. They performed a very thorough job taking the time to explain each step along the way....and they love dogs. I highly recommend Boonstra for any and all heating and air conditioning work. Thanks again Chris and Luke. You guys were great. Cheers. Colin

1 review Burlington, ON

Our Boonstra crew (Chris & Luke) phoned to give us advance notice and arrived on time. They thoroughly explained all of the steps in the process and then proceed with the set-up and the cleaning. They were done and cleaned up in about three hours. Chris and Luke were very personable and seemed quite dedicated to doing an outstanding job. Their work was excellent. They thank us for choosing Boonstra and were on their way to the next job. Dealing with them was a pleasure.

Paul Shupe in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Chris and Luke provided a clean and professional service. Highly recommend these guys for residential duct cleaning. Remember to ask for these guys when you book your duct cleaning service.

Sincerely,
Paul & Kyla Shupe
Burlington, Ontario

Craig in Calgary
2 reviews Smithville, ON

We had recently moved into our house and have been finding limited air flow in some rooms. Our oldest son also has allergies and someone suggested we have our ducts cleaned. I called Boonstra's in Hamilton and I am glad we did; from start to finish they were amazingly professional. The young lady on the phone explained in detail exactly what they would do and worked with me to schedule. the Kennan and Matt called to ensure I was still ok the day of the visit and when they arrived they were very respectful of my house wearing booty's and laying carpets. Kennan explained the procedure in detail and because i was working from home that day he also considered the noise letting me know when i would get loud before it did to ensure i could make adjustments. when they finished and showed me what was in my ducts i was blown away. there was drywall dust and particles from the original build as well as fine particulate beyond my imagination. Since the visit I've noticed a difference in my son's allergies as well as the air flow.

We are surprised each time by what we find in the ducts! Glad we could help get things cleaned up for your new home. All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager

1 review Burlington, ON

Boonstra has been maintaining my furnace and AC for many years. They recommended I had my ducts cleaned.
They did a great job, I was surprised how much crap there was in the ducts.
They took about 3 hours to complete the job.
They bring the vacuum into the house next to the furnace, for maximum vacuum. There is no large truck in the driveway with miles of hoses.
great job.

Thanks for the great review! We're amazed every time by what comes out of the ductwork. All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

1 review Hamilton, ON

Technicians Chris and Jordon were very professional . Explain the cleaning procedure in detail. At the end they showed me the debris that was removed from the duct. Very polite and did a great job!

Thanks for the great review! All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

Jamie in Erin
1 review Hamilton, ON

We currently have a maintenance plan with Boonstra. Our contactor shorted out recently on a 3 year old unit under warranty. We paid 69.95 for a service call, and at least they showed up quickly. After an hour of diagnostic, he figured out the problem and proceeded to charge us 310 dollars to install a 20 dollar part in minutes. He would not honour the warranty as he said they were not the original installers and we would have to contact them. We do not know who the original installer was, as we only bought the house after the fact. Last year our unit froze, and we went through the same process with boonstra. We were told it would be 800 dollars for them to just try and figure out the problem, and would likely need a new unit! It was only 2 years old!!!! After contacting another company, they figured it out and fixed it at no cost. I feel that Boonstra technicians are more focussed on big sales rather than honest repair work, and while we should have learned from our experience with them last year, we definitely have this time around. We will be cancelling our maintenance plan.

Hi Jamie, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to call me at 289-684-1839 to discuss this further and come to a suitable resolution. All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

Yasmeen Mirza in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

had purchased our furnace and AC from them few years back. There was no issue with our AC but thought we may as well get it changed. Since the change it has never worked right. Our upstairs is always hot yet with the old AC our upstairs as well as all the levels in our home were cool. I did call them a few times regarding this and they did someone to look at it but no resolve.
The other thing was that our old furnace was using the air from within our home so the sales person explained that they will put a pipe so it can pull air from outside yet when they came to do the work they did not do that. I had to call them and have them come back to complete this work.

Yasmeen, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to call me at 289-684-1839 to discuss this further. All the best, Craig Goettler, General Manager.

More about Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning started in 1961 as a one-man operation out of the basement of Clarence Boonstra’s home on Algonquin Street. Shortly there after Clarence purchased the current location across the road. From its meager yet ambitious beginnings, the company has become one of the largest heating and ...