Ashton Service Group

Reviews for Ashton Service Group

Max in Toronto
Max in Toronto
1 review Vancouver, BC

Broken Drain Tile - Fixed!

The drain tile in my house collapsed in the middle of the floor under the basement. All the floors needed replacing and the drain tile needed to be dug up and replaced.
Fortunately for me I got Jason from Ashton and he was amazing! He came over, diagnosed the problem right away and game me a quote there and then. They came in fixed, the problem in the time they said and I paid the amount they quoted me!
They were super transparent with everything, efficient, polite, hard working and tidy!
I would recommend Ashton services to anyone and I couldn’t be happier with them and the work they have done.

Ricardo
Ricardo
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Unreliable

I book a visit for a Thursday, was told that someone would come between 11am - 1pm and no one showed up or called. I phoned in and was told that plumber was stuck on an emergency job for the rest of the day, and by Friday a plumber will come sometime between 10am - 12pm. Again, no one showed up or even called to give me an update.

I highly doubt this company was winner of "2019's best".

Malykanada
Malykanada
0 reviews Richmond, BC

Hot Water Tank Pipes

AWESOME job and awesome technician named Moises in doing the replacement of my pipes for our hot water tank. Moises is professional, very good at his job and always showed us what was being done and how it was being done. I have been using Ashton now for a while and have made up my mind in using them from now on as there is no point of looking for someone else as whenever i have used Ashton, the work has been perfectly done. Thank YOU!

atthediamond in Nelson
atthediamond in Nelson
1 review West Vancouver, BC

Sanitary Line

Sanitary line blockage before Christmas. Misdiagnosed blockage. Said they had the permit .Applied and never paid. Blockage in the street.. Homeowner not informed by them.
No work needed if the permit paid as City checks their side first. Homeowner had to call inspector and expose the pipes. Ashton applied for a permit only after reported. Inspection failed!

Jim in Surrey
Jim in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Excellent Service

Our furnace broke down late on a Friday night. We decided we wanted to replace it rather than get it fixed. Due to previous service we called Ashton Saturday. Sean, a comfort advisor, was dispatched for an estimate that afternoon. We had everything worked out within an hour. The technicians and Sean arrived first thing Monday morning. A new high efficiency furnace and thermostat were installed that day. Great job by Eifion, Seth, Eric and Sean. Quality install. Neat and tidy. Furnace is working great.

Terry
Terry
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Drain tile replacement

We discovered that a small leak had occurred through the foundation wall in the basement of our 50 year old home in Coquitlam.

We tried scoping and flushing, installed a new sump and a new discharge line to the city connection.

All to no avail. We ended up having to dig all four sides of the house and replace the drain tiles. Most of the digging was not accessible by machine, so it was all hand digging.

It was a big job, and it was expensive.

Ashton was great - very professional and hardworking.
We ran into unexpected snags at various points of the project. They kept me fully informed, we discussed alternatives, and they stuck to their quote.

They kept the site as clean as possible throughout, and cleaned thoroughly at the end, after repairing the concrete and asphalt that they had cut away.

I would not hesitate to recommend Ashton Service Group. 5 stars.

rick
rick
0 reviews Burnaby, BC

Hot Water Tank Replacement

Our hot water tank stopped working Wednesday night. Called Ashton Service Group first thing Thursday and they sent out a technician (Mike) to give a free estimate, and install a new tank if we decided to go ahead. Mike was helpful, friendly, courteous and informative. Had the job done within 3 hours, including picking up the new tank from a local supplier. This company is a bit more expensive than others, but the prompt and professional customer service and their No Problems Plan make it worthwhile in our books. Thank you, Mike and Ashton!

TMC in Vancouver
TMC in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Poor service, internal communication and overall accountability

I don’t even know where to begin since this saga has gone on for four months now, but we contacted Ashton initially because of the great reviews we saw here. We needed our hot water tank replaced and they sent over a sales associate to take a look at our issue. We explained we wanted a replacement option that would last and one that wasn’t going to cause damage to our rental suite, as we did not want to cause our tenants more issues than they’d had and didn’t want to deal with hiring someone to drywall holes. He was professional and recommended a tankless hot water solution. While it was the most expensive option, he said it would be the least invasive option and would stand the test of time, and save money in the long run.

After that visit, our experience quickly went south. I stayed home from work on the date of the scheduled service, which was supposed to be four hours. Our tenant left the suite so the replacement could take place. Seven hours later, the technician surfaced and ran out the front door without explanation, saying he had to go. When we went down to see the work, there were 7 holes in our ceiling and walls. When we contacted the project manager, she had no idea why the tech did that without talking with us. It took almost a week to get a drywaller in to patch all the holes up.

The trouble continued after that. After the tech left that first visit, we immediately started hearing significant noise coming from the heater. The noise sounded like a large truck revving it’s engine. This happened even with one tap being on. We went into the weekend and it rained quite a bit. All of the sudden on the Sunday our furnace stopped working. We had no heat and the temperature got down to 8 degrees in the house. With a toddler, we were pretty worried about this and called the Ashton emergency line. The tech was exceptionally rude and said he couldn’t get to us and we would have to call on Tuesday when the dispatch was available to schedule someone to come look at the issue. They didn’t get to us until Wednesday. So for three days we lived in almost freezing temps. When the tech came, he found that the first tech hadn’t vented the exhaust pipe out of the house properly so water pooled from the rain and choked out the furnace. All he had to do was drill a tiny hole to let water out.

We continued to contact Ashton about the horrendous noise and they kept putting us off. Or they would schedule visits and then not show up, after we took time off work to be home. This happened twice. Our tenant was so fed up with the noise that they moved out.

After reading about a similar noise issue on a forum, we brought forward a solution to Ashton. They still insisted that this wasn’t the solution and kept putting us off. Meanwhile, they also charged our credit card for the $6,400 work, which in the contract stipulates we would be charged after work completion. When we brought up that the work had not been satisfactorily completed, the ignored our emails.

After several weeks of both asking them to get the actual company that makes the tank in to look at it, and questioning why they charged us, they finally brought the tech from the company in. When the tech came, he said the problem was exactly what we had sleuthed out from the forum: there wasn’t enough gas pressure coming into the house and the tank was over-working. We would need to get the gas company in to bring in more gas pressure to the house and Ashton would then need to reconnect the gas to the house and regulate our appliances. We agreed on this course of action and arranged for Fortis to come and lined up with Ashton to come in right after to turn our gas back on and ensure the appliances were sound. We documented this in two emails and reconfirmed twice.

On the day that Fortis came to complete the agreed upon work, Ashton came in after and the tech failed to complete the work. He said he didn’t have the right parts (why, you ask, since there was a site visit to map the plan already?). He said he couldn’t fix the issue on that day and we would be without heat, hot water and gas to our appliances until the next day, for a second time.

Again, we have a toddler and tenants and it’s raining and cold out on this day. When we called the manager at Ashton, he passed the buck onto everyone else and blamed the mishap on Fortis not doing their job right. He claimed that his shamble of notes from countless different people stated that the issue was with the meter itself. He also said he could not get anyone in to get our gas back on so we would have no heat and hot water and working appliances until the next day.

Well, guess what, after no less than 10 chances we gave Ashton to fix the problem, shelling out $6,400 for incomplete work, and many hours of missed work, we called another company, who said they could absolutely get our gas back on. They arrived 15 minutes later. We ended up paying another $800 for this company to come and fix the problem - one that Ashton said was caused by Fortis not doing the right work, when in fact it was caused by many missteps on Ashton's part.

Regardless of the waste of time, energy and money it was to deal with the incompetence at Ashton, the more troubling issue that not one person at Ashton seems to acknowledge is the lack of accountability of staff, numerous internal communication issues and consideration for the customers who’s lives are impacted.

Do better, Ashton. Think about the stress you place on us little individual people and just be a better organization that treats people properly.

Patricia Hamilton from Vancouver
Patricia Hamilton from Vancouver
3 reviews Richmond, BC

Furnace maintenance

I always use Ashton for my furnace maintenance.
Mo did the maintenance service this week and I was very pleased with the service. He went through each item of what he had checked and explained it in full detail which I really appreciated. I feel secure that the furnace is safe and operating properly.
Mohammed is an excellent representative for Ashton.

robert.shachtay in Richmond
robert.shachtay in Richmond
6 reviews Richmond, BC

Plumbing for ensuite shower

Ashton did my re-pipe downstairs and installed a new boiler for me. I found them to be efficient , competitive and on time. Eileen, Dave, Jeff, Jason and Alan are great people to work with, very kind and understanding. I look forward to working with them in the fall regarding the installation of my new neo-angle shower.

More about Ashton Service Group

Ashton Service Group has been in business for 29 years and has earned an excellent reputation for our 100% customer satisfaction by doing it right the first time every time.
Ashton Service Group's hand-picked team members are dedicated professionals who share the company's vision for excellence. We only have licensed and certified technicians and registered apprentices.
We can help you with your plumbing, heating or cooling needs for your home. We proudly service Metro Vancouver from our office in Richmond BC.

Drain Services, Heating & Air Conditioning, Kitchen Planning & Renovation, Plumbing, Solar Panels, and Solar Water Heating
We are not a wholesaler or retailer of parts or materials. We are a service company that can supply and install the brands you want or make recommendations on what product would best fit your needs. We do not offer duct cleaning or service fireplaces.
Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, Gas, Drain Cleaning, Trenchless, Pipe Bursting, Air filtration and Ventilation, Tankless Water Heaters, Furnaces, Boilers, Heat Pumps, Air Conditoners, Mini Splits and Ductless Splits etc.
We can supply, install and repair almost any brand. Please see our website for details at www.ashtonservicegroup.com or call our office for more information at 604-283-2383.
Ashton Service Group services and installs a lot of furnaces, boilers, tankless hot water heaters and heat pumps. We also now are installing more air conditioners such as Mr. Slims, ductless split and mini splits as customers are requesting them more and our summer weather is getting hotter.
1987
N/A
Cash, Cheque, Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Financing
All cities in Metro Vancouver
PAMA, IREM, LandLordsBC, Richmond Chamber of Commerce, White Rock Chamber of Commerce, ComplyWorks,
One year Ashton Service Group labour warranty