Unique Roofing Limited

Reviews for Unique Roofing Limited

Rodney Chan from Richmond Hill
Rodney Chan from Richmond Hill
10 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Awesome! New Roof Shingles for 8 Townhouse Units!

AWESOME! Thats the one word I would use to to describe Louis and Unique Roofing. I live in a mid unit row townhouse built in 2005 with a total of 8 units when we hired Louis in the summer of 2019. The house was not even 14 years old and the original builder grade shingles were already flipping up everywhere across all the town house units.

After speaking to about 6 contractors, Louis stood out amongst the rest. When we first met, I really felt he was attentive to our concerns, answered all our questions and most importantly was HONEST. How was he honest? I had asked all the contractors about a "Maximum vent", and they just gave me a price and said I could install as many as I wanted. Louis was the ONLY one that asked me how many vents did I have on the roof. He pulled out his phone and took a look via Google satellite maps and told me I had 7 vents total. He also asked about the square footage of the house, at which point he told me he would need to REMOVE two of my vents to install the one "Maximum vent", so I would end up with a total of 5.

I was a bit confused at first, because "the more vents the better right?" He explained that you dont want too much ventilation otherwise it could suck out the heated/cool air from inside the house. Since the Maximum vent was rated for 1200 sq ft, he said it would be too much ventilation. He also said he would need to remove two vents, seal it with wood, and shingle on top. No other company ever told me that too much ventilation may be a problem, ONLY Louis. It would be very easy for someone to just install the extra vents, get paid and then leave. Louis actually gave himself more work, by having to remove some vents THEN install the max vent. After more research, I found that everything he said was exactly what was recommended by the manufacturer.

Louis was very knowledgeable, he explained the different kinds of shingles (US vs Canadian made), the different kinds of valleys, and a lot of other things. He encouraged us to ask more as many questions as we wanted, and emphasized when hiring a contractor you really need to have trust with them.

All of our townhouse units had a final meeting with Louis and he was absolutely great at dealing with everyone. Imagine one person dealing with 8 different houses at the same time. He answered everyones questions, explained things in detail with lots of examples. He gave us a number of options, and never at anytime pushed us to do anything. He was very good at giving recommendations, and kept everyone on track.
He estimated it would take about 4 days pending weather to complete all 8 units, and he stuck to his timeline and finished everything on time.

He was always the first one on site at 5:30am and the last one at night at 8:30pm. He was able to get his guys to work through some of the hottest weather of the summer (humidex of 40 degrees!) and still did great work.

I was able to work from home a few days and watched everything they did, and I have the utmost confidence in saying that they really did everything by the book and did not cut any corners. They did what they said they were going to do, and everyone worked together great. When they came to work, the only noise was from their tools and machines but otherwise quite minimal.

Louis was constantly running around the entire site, double checking work, looking under corners and checking things. I really have a lot of faith that Louis is truely trying to do his best at all times.
Bottom line, if you hire Louis you will get exactly what he tells you. He does not cut corners, constantly working, and he does exactly what he says he will do.

Though Louis was not the cheapest, as with anything in life you "get what you pay for". For the price of Louis, I sleep better at night knowing that someone knowledgeable, very hard working and HONEST did my roof.

I would not hesitate to recommend Louis to anyone I know, and in the future if I ever need my shingles done again I will definitely give him a call

tonypapania in Richmond Hill
tonypapania in Richmond Hill
1 review , ON

asphalt roof

Quality work at a reasonable price. I am very picky and Louis and his crew left very little for me to complain about. Great job, would certainly recommend if you're into a good job with no surprises.

Cezar,Milad in Richmond Hill
Cezar,Milad in Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Long time customer

My family and I have used unique roofing since 2010 and they have completed a full job for us on 3 separate homes. We got to meet the company owner and he is very polite, professional and knowledgeable. They show up on time and get the job done in one day. They are clean and ensure everything is complete properly and you are satisfied before they leave the site. Highly recommend them!

Thank you so much Dear Cezar. Its been our pleasure to do business with you and your dear family.

papadopoulos1 in Woodbridge
papadopoulos1 in Woodbridge

replaced shingles

Replaced my roof a couple of years ago great job fair price clean and efficient.They started the job at 7:00am and they were finished and cleaned up by 2:00pm highly recommend this company.

drew in Maple
drew in Maple

New Roof

Had about 3 quotes to replace my worn out roof and decided to go with Unique for the price and a referral.
They took about 7 hrs to complete the job, were on time and cleaned up as expected.
I'm pleased with the new roof from what I can see. This will be the second winter since installation and have yet to see any issues so far.

David from Vaughan
David from Vaughan

Reshingled roof

All the homes in my 2000 built subdivision need new roofs. We observed about 5 different companies working in our neighbourhood over several months. We were appalled by what most did: Unsafe work practices. Using neighbours lawns to eat their lunch. Many nails left behind on driveway, grass, or road. Shingles and nails dumped between houses with no tarp to catch them. Using a leaf blower to blow nails out of eaves troughs and onto the lawn,road, sidewalk. Incomplete job left overnight through a rain storm, etc. Louis and his crew worked on 3 houses near ours and on each one they arrived before 07:00am and were DONE and gone before 4:00pm. They tarped around the house and directed all shingles and nails into a bin on the driveway. They left a bin in the driveway which was collected the next business day as Louis had told me. Walking my property I found 2 nails other than the ones he told me to expect underneath the bin. NO SURPRISES. I am EXTREMELY pleased with their work and have highly recommended them to my neighbours.

Melanie in Concord
Melanie in Concord
3 reviews Concord, ON

New Roof

Louis and his crew did a fantastic job on my roof. From the initial meeting I knew he was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions about the process. The crew arrived on time, on the date agreed upon and the work was completed within one day. They spent a great deal of time cleaning up and making sure nothing had been damaged around my property. It was a pleasure to work with Unique Roofing.

M Karas from Toronto
M Karas from Toronto
6 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Unique Roofing put in a new roof two years ago. My house had a very odd roof structure shape to it and was a big challenge to anyone to replace the roof. Louis, the owner, is an extremely honest person, and is of very high integrity. The job was very well done. I most definitely recommend Unique Roofing to anyone.

Robert Hebert from Markham
Robert Hebert from Markham

Roof

sales person seemed to know what he was talking about, showed up as promised, cleaned up site well. A few problems however...satellite dish had to be re-calibrated despite them telling it they had experience putting back. Roofing materials somehow got in downspout, plugging it and leading to basement flooding. Be careful with their promises..

woodbridgematt
woodbridgematt
2 reviews Woodbridge, ON

Roof replacement

Louis was on time, finished early and very professional. Unique did most of our street over the last three years and everyone is happy. Highly recommended. Great job Louis! Thanks!

More about Unique Roofing Limited

We are available 24/ 7 for your roofing needs Residential & Commercial Shingles Flat roofs Cedar Eavestroughs Soffit and sidings Ventilations leaks detection Repairs 24/ 7 Trust is the main factor you must have to hire any contractor for any job. . . . Specially the roof you and your ...
Looking for Roofing pros in Richmond Hill?