Ostaco Windows And Doors

Scott Cowdy  in Sharbot Lake
Scott Cowdy in Sharbot Lake
1 review Sharbot Lake, ON

New home in 2010

Ordered all ostaco windows and doors for our new home from local home hardware because they told us they were the best in the buissines for windows and doors ! 1st yr....single hung window wasnt latching properly so i called hh they got ahold of ostaco!! While waiting for months to hear back from ostaco the 3' x 3' window blew in and smashed on our walnut floor not only did window smash but left gouges in hardwood floor !! I was p.o. called ostaco sales rep myself his reply was you will have to wait untill im in your area in a couple weeks ???? It was march and no window just a hole in the wall with 6mm vapour barrier over it . So when he finally came he agreed that it was the 2 latches that werent working properly so..... They sent a new 1 to hh and left it up to me to replace it or thier installer could do it in 2-3 weeks at a cost of 100.00 to me ?? They claimed it was for his fuel as he had to travele so far ! 1st question....why do they not have an installer down our way if they are selling ostaco here ??? 2nd question....shouldnt that be covered under thier " SO CALLED 25YR WARRANTY " ??? So never the less i installed it myself and it no longer opens without falling on the floor !! 7 yrs later out double side lite privacy glass entrance door glass fogged up. Back to hh i go in march AGAIN they contacted ostaco AGAIN only to find out it was going to cost $ 300.00 as some door glass only carries 1yr warranty and some has only 5yr warranty BUT if i wanted to remove it myself and replace it with a piece of plywood they would pick it up at hh and see what was wrong with it after me telling them the seal had leaked all the gas out knowing this as i installed doors and windows for a company for 10yrs !!! Which btw never ever charged a customer to remove just the glass and replace it within the 15yr warranty they carried ! The closer it got to cold weather it got the more p.o. i got and called thier head office myself and asked what exactly does your SO CALLED 25YR warranty cover ??? The lady says you should have read our pamphlet closely ....its only the hardwear !!! I asked her what exactly is there for HARDWEAR on a door ?? Her reply was " well the hinges are considered hardwear " AND .....that was all she could say !!! After that she said well yuo will have to have the glass removed take it hh where you purchased them from and we will have to have your reciept and hh reciept to decide if its a 1yr warranty or 5yr warranty either way your home is 8yrs old and niether 1 will be covered for the glass!!!!! When i said i cant believe after only 8yrs yous cant do anything ...thats not much of a reputable company for being in buisiness for as long as yous have she said from here im done talking to you take it up with hh where you purchased it from we will deal with them !! So i talked to owner of hh ..he has tried to find out more info with no succes !! I told him if they dont soon get back to him that they can come and take every window and door out and replace them at THIER EXPENSE with another companies that actually care about the customer than just the cash they make off of sales and forget about customer care !!! With that being said if thats how this company works they shoudnt even have been in buisness for 1yr! Btw she did say well we changed hands in the 80s something ??? So what a warranty is a warranty and thats what your pamphlet states " BEST WARRANT IN THE BUISINESS " What a joke ostaco !! So do i recommened them ? Maybe for an outhouse door and window !! MAYBE !

Hello Scott, I am sorry to read that you are frustrated. Someone from management will reach out to you and discuss the above comments. I assure you that Ostaco has been successfully in business for over thirty years because we do care about our customers. Looking forward to working with you and addressing your concerns. Thank you for your time.

Rob S. from Mississauga
Rob S. from Mississauga

Windows & Doors for a new home build

Built a new house in 2018. Used a reputable general contractor (who did a great job). I wanted good quality windows and doors, but because of the size of our job (25 windows, 2 triple sliding doors, 1 entry door) I was looking for a mid-range priced product to fit my budget. Ostaco was one of the options suggested to me as a good mid-range product. The build was finished in August 2018. I had one issue immediately which was that a lot of the metal crank handles on the windows were cracking. Ostaco's service tech John came out and replaced all of them, and he also found some other issues that I wasn't even aware of (missing components on the front door). As a customer, this was a good experience. Then in the fall, I noticed leaves, pine needles, and other debris on the kitchen floor which was odd because all doors and windows had been closed. Upon closer inspection, discovered that the door when closed had a 1" opening to the outside because it was missing some components (impervious block and dust pad). The opening is large enough for leaves and debris from outside to blow into the house, along with cold air. A mouse can easily squeeze in through a 1" opening. I reported the problem on Dec 5th. Their customer service manager said on Dec 6th that a service call might not be possible this month. On Dec 20, I hadn't received any update from Ostaco, so I followed up with the customer service manager again, and was told that a service call hadn't been scheduled yet and was unlikely to happen until late January. Making a customer wait for 1-2 months in the winter time to fix a door that leaves a 1" opening to the outside when the door is closed is simply unacceptable.

Hello Rob S., what differentiates Ostaco from other companies is our commitment to customer service. I appreciate that you state that the initial experience was positive, and it is unfortunate that our service tech was booked for the remainder of December. Please e-mail marketing@ostaco.com with your availability on December 26, 27, 28 and we will be certain to get someone out to have a look at your door before the year ends. Happy holidays from Ostaco customer service.

JT Construction Solutions
JT Construction Solutions

Window Installation

We are a general contracting firm that has used Ostaco on approximately 30 jobs over the last 5 years. They have always been very efficient and professional to deal with. Their jobs have always been completed on time and on budget.

I would also say that the windows are great value and that you cannot beat the quality for the price.

I would highly recommend the team at Ostaco windows.

Paul Thompson from Toronto
Paul Thompson from Toronto

Low end, poor quality

Purchased a 12ft patio door. Cheap construction. Very drafty. Cold comes right through. You can hear everything outside. LoE 272 tint is minimal. Installer sent by company President did a lousy job. Calked over expanding foam while still expanding so the calking on exte​rior is uneven and full of bubbles. To lazy to come back next ​day and do the job properly.
Stay away from this com​pan​y. Regret purchase terribly and obviously don't recommend.

Hello Paul, Ostaco has been in business since 1981. We regard our lasting presence in the industry as a testament to our great products, and excellent customer service. It is disappointing that this has been your experience with our patio doors. If there are indeed drafts we would love to send a tech to your residence to troubleshoot the issue. With regards to the glass, our supplier, Cardinal glass, is the industry leader in quality and technology -- we are proud to have them as a partner(www.cardinalcorp.com). Furthermore, we are a manufacturer of high quality windows, entry doors, and patio doors-- we do not install, nor deal directly with the public. Instead, we sell our products across Canada to selected dealers. Please contact admin@ostaco.com and we will look after you right away. Thank you for the opportunity to make this right.

AK in Old Toronto
AK in Old Toronto

Ostaco exterior windows - faulty sidelites

Updating my review below that I left about 2 months ago (mid October) about Ostaco Windows. We were previously quite frustrated trying to get repair work done to a set of exterior windows. But I am happy to say that Ostaco followed through and took care of our issue.

I was actually contacted directly by their General Manager, Marco Greco, who acted with great integrity and customer care. He personally came to our house to inspect the windows. He kept us informed with updates. And most importantly, he followed through... sending an experienced, knowledgeable and respectful service technician, who completed the repairs in about an hour.

At the same time, Marco acknowledged where the company fell short, but assured us that our experience was not their standard, and his priority was to "make things right". And he did.

Ostaco is a small, family-run business, and he clearly cares deeply for their reputation and product.

I have left portions of my original review below, but have chosen to temper it in light of the turnaround in service we received.

_____________

Been reading the reviews posted for Ostaco Windows and their not-so-great service when it comes to warranty repairs. So I felt compelled to add our story.

The seals on our exterior large panel windows at the back of our house have been failing. The company sent a technician to inspect the damage, and they say the issue is with the sidelites due to exposure to the sun and not having an overhang. Ostaco are covering the cost of the materials and we have to pay for labour, estimated to be $350.

Dealing with Ostaco's Service Manager has been an exercise in patience and frustration. Email communication back & forth has been difficult. It's been a challenge to get an hourly breakdown of the $350, a formal estimate in writing or a contract for the repair work. Regardless of how we ask, we continue to hit a wall getting answers.

I should add that we opened our claim with Ostaco beginning of July. It's now mid October with no resolution or repair date in sight.

Hello Private User,

Please contact admin@ostaco.com and we will address your concerns immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you, but we will rectify any and all outstanding issues. Thank you for your patience, and cooperation as we address the situation.

Mary W.  in Winnipeg
Mary W. in Winnipeg
1 review Winnipeg, MB

Cottage project in Grindstone Provincial Park

We replaced all of the old windows in our cottage with Ostaco windows that are triple pane with two low-e surfaces on the glass and argon, and it's made such a difference to our level of comfort in the cottage as well a significantly improving its appearance. It used to get so hot in our cottage in the summer and it's so much cooler now, it almost seems like we have air conditioning when we don't! It's going to be awesome to have far lower heating bills this winter. We would highly recommend Ostaco to any looking to replace their windows.

Private User reviews Guelph, ON

Whole house window replacement in 2012

I’m actually easy to please. Supply a good quality product. Install it properly. If you make a mistake, fix it quickly on the first try. Ostaco is incapable of doing this. Even though the windows themselves are fine, I would never recommend this company because of their lousy screens and poor customer service.

Ostaco used a poorly designed system for the screens (think cheap and flimsy). If you take the screen out of the window, even a few times, you can expect the mounting pins to come off. That leaves a gap on one or more corners, which bugs find quickly. If the window is open and exposed to good gust of wind, the screen can pop out because the mounting system is so weak. I have a nice gouge in my hardwood floor where one landed on its corner.

They tried many times to fix the problem screens. The catch is it can take months for the technician to show up; it’s at their pleasure and convenience, not yours. He tried three times at least to get the ones in the bedroom right. They were either too tight or too loose. The last set are so tight that I can barely pull them out, using extreme force. I leave them in permanently because they’re sure to break if I remove them.

In her last email before she stopped responding, the service manager told me they’re done: it’s out of warranty, tough luck. Apparently it’s my fault that their screens are garbage and their technician can’t measure a screen properly.

Hello Private User,

Ostaco Windows and Doors came under new management in 2013. I am sorry to hear that you have had a difficult time with your screens. Please contact admin@ostaco.com and we will investigate your claim further.

Thank you for your time.

Joseph N.
Joseph N.
2 reviews East Gwillimbury, ON

New Home construction, supply and installation of windows and doors

We had a great experience with Frank Greco and his team. Will recommend to our clients for future projects.
Joseph N Campitelli Architect Inc.

thank you very much for taking time time to review us, we appreciate it very much

Custom Lake House

I am in the process of building a custom home on the lake in Barrie. It was important to us to have large windows on the back of the house for a good view of the lake. Working with Ostaco was quick and painless. They were able to provide all of the custom oversized windows and doors that we wanted. They were also the only company we found that offered the large 10 foot bi-folding door system we wanted on our patio. The doors can fully open for a beautiful unobstructed view of the lake. Ostaco worked seamlessly with our contractor to ensure the windows and doors were delivered promptly when they were needed. I would highly recommend this company to anyone building or renovation a home.

thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate you sharing your experience.

jay in Bolton
jay in Bolton
1 review Whitby, ON

windows

I had 20 windows and 4 entry doors install in my 10 year old home. I cant believe the different in sound and I have notice my heating bill also the install went great except for one small crack in the pane of glass ... ostaco service rep came out and replace this unit in two minutes ... I would recommend ostaco to anyone thinking of replaceing there windows

Hi Jay, thanks for taking the time to review us. it's always very nice to hear from one of our satisfied customers.

More about Ostaco Windows And Doors

Ostaco has been supplying high-quality windows and doors in Ontario since 1981. Known for our excellent customer service and superior doors and windows. Rest assure, when you choose an Ostaco window or door product, you will have a lifetime product that functions perfectly and meets your every expectation. To avoid ...
Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Concord?