Ostaco Windows and Doors

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Concord  >  Ostaco Windows and Doors  >  Whole house window replacement in 2012
1 review Guelph, ON

Whole house window replacement in 2012

Ostaco Windows and Doors
888-678-2261
248 Bowes Rd
Concord
L4K 1J9

I’m actually easy to please. Supply a good quality product. Install it properly. If you make a mistake, fix it quickly on the first try. Ostaco is incapable of doing this. Even though the windows themselves are fine, I would never recommend this company because of their lousy screens and poor customer service.

Ostaco used a poorly designed system for the screens (think cheap and flimsy). If you take the screen out of the window, even a few times, you can expect the mounting pins to come off. That leaves a gap on one or more corners, which bugs find quickly. If the window is open and exposed to good gust of wind, the screen can pop out because the mounting system is so weak. I have a nice gouge in my hardwood floor where one landed on its corner.

They tried many times to fix the problem screens. The catch is it can take months for the technician to show up; it’s at their pleasure and convenience, not yours. He tried three times at least to get the ones in the bedroom right. They were either too tight or too loose. The last set are so tight that I can barely pull them out, using extreme force. I leave them in permanently because they’re sure to break if I remove them.

In her last email before she stopped responding, the service manager told me they’re done: it’s out of warranty, tough luck. Apparently it’s my fault that their screens are garbage and their technician can’t measure a screen properly.