Alarm Systems

peter, thornhill
6 reviews Thornhill, ON

alarm system

L4K0B3

I signed a deal with this company and within 24 hours they changed the specs of the contract. I wonder if they would have told me before the installation started or would they have just issued me a credit for the work not done. Either way, I wasn't too impressed. I cancelled the contract.

Annie from Markham
Annie from Markham

Alarm system

L4K0B3

It is good , When u sign up the service and get your $. But when you move, no longer need the service. It took a long time to terminated it. Also, It took a long time for them to call you back or don't even return your email.

Nick from Vaughan
Nick from Vaughan

Alarm service

L4K0B3

Had the worst experiance with Grand Alarms, awful customer service. Will never use them again nor recommend them. Only way they tried to settle my issue was trying to make me lock into a another 5 year contract. Stay Clear of Grand Alarms.

Edyta
Edyta

Alarm and Cameras

If you are looking to deal with the most unprofessional, disorganized and misleading company than go with Grand Alarms.
Here is our story:
1. We had an alarm put in our home in December and exterior cameras installed that were to capture and record 30 second motion clips of an activity around the exterior of our home. We realized within a few weeks that various 'events' were being missed and not recorded. I.e. we would leave the home and neither camera would pick up and record these types of comings and goings.
2. We provided a detailed list of dates and times these 'events' being not picked up and were told 'everything was working fine from their end' by their IT Team and Rep.? Who wants exterior security cameras that only pick up 75% of events!
3. We tried to resolve this over weeks with them and our rep Leo Olliveri who then said maybe we should 'upgrade' to the DVR system (would record 24 hour footage which we could review) that they were willing to give to us at their COST due to all the issues.
4. They provided a spec package and quote for $1,500+ for the new cameras and DVR. We agreed to try this solution and they installed the equipment.
5. The same day the new equipment was installed my husband came home to realize that they put in the wrong DVR (a $300 retail model, versus the $1,500 DVR model they said they were to instal that we agreed on) as well as the wrong cameras. In addition, the tech that came to install this equipment had no idea how we were to view the footage on our cameras. When we contacted IT to find out who to view the footage from the DVR we were told that you had to put a screen computer monitor attached to our DVR which was in the utility room and contrary to what the spec sheet said that one could view DVR footage from their computer. Our Rep Leo had also no idea why the wrong equipment was installed, yet no one made it a priority to come out and get this fixed. We waited again….
6. We then were livid and contacted the Sales Director after spending thousands of dollars and 3+ months trying to work with Grand Alarms to have a basic home monitoring camera system. We were furious that we were mislead and no one was taking any accountability to fix the issues for us. We cancelled our service with them and asked they have their equipment removed.
7. When their own Tech people came to remove the equipment he didn't have the right 'tools' to remove their own cameras. Typical Grand Alarm style.
8. Even after the Sales Director had agreed we could cancel and go elsewhere given all the issues we experienced, they continued to debit us for 3+ months until we had the bank stop this.
Needless to say, the worst experience of our lives. We were lucky to find a new provider that was able to install, service and set up all our phones and computers with access to the cameras footage all in the same day with no issues to date.

Jeffrey from Markham
Jeffrey from Markham

Alarm

Given three months notice to cancel the service but still being charged for the monthly fee. Talked to representative, AMANDA, the worst representative that I never met!! She said she left message to us & assumed it's our responsibility to call back. Unfortunately, we didn't received any message from the company & she couldn't provided the telephone no. that she called. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, she said it's customer's responsibility to call back to confirm the cancellation of service. If not, they will keep charge their customer & ignore their written request. Such a great company with a great representative that will hang up your call if we insisted to cancel the service. It's so strange that AMANDA's first question is: "Do you want free upgrade or fee reduction?" instead of asking for the reason of cancellation. Her attitude makes customer upset. Won't recommend this company to anyone!!

Satisfied h.
Satisfied h.

New home cable, phone and vacuum outlets

L4K0B3

Totally disorganized. Sales person very pushy on alarm but held firm to decline. Lots of other, better options out there.

As far as placement of cable and phone outlets, what a total waste in some cases and continually pushing for more outlets. In some cases, outlets have been installed on the wrong walls. In other cases, neither the builder or Grand Alarm notified us that there was no power near the cable outlet. One or the other should have been relocated. Horrendous customer service when you call in for a question to be answered. Can take weeks of follow up to eventually get a call back.

mk from Toronto
mk from Toronto

Alarm service

Grand Alarms was really accommodating when it came time to sign a contract. It was supposed to be satisfaction guaranteed. But when I wasn't satisfied with the service, the owner of the company gave me an argument then stopped returning my calls. And the money kept flowing out of my bank account. Their installers placed a motion detector in a way that wouldn't detect motion where somebody would break in. Their monitoring station claimed they couldn't make out the zone of an alarm, and the company neglected to tell me that their calls to the police would would be considered "unverified" alarms; translation: the police don't immediately show up. This company should have been more upfront and professional with me.

2 reviews Scarborough, ON

Alarm

The Technician that came out was amazing. However, I don't understand how an alarm company doesn't have 24 customer service?? Due to the lack of availability I can't wait for my contract to come to an end so I can move to a company that provides 24 hour customer service.

Marjan from Richmond Hill
Marjan from Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

DO NOT TRUST

one year and half when we first signed the agreement , the representative assured us that it would be a 3 year contract and now realizing they put us in a 5 years contract which cannot get canceled unless we pay for the entire 5 years in advance!

SP in Stouffville
SP in Stouffville
2 reviews STOUFFVILLE, ON

GRAND ALARMS - TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE - "Home Alarm Installation"

Dealt with Bav at Grand Alarms for the sales/installation stage - all went very well, was told that I'd have a wired alarm on the main floor, wireless upstairs. Installer came, he inspected the main floor and basement and indicated that he would have to install a wireless system due to a number of reasons. The installer than told me that I would have to call his boss to ask if that was OK. I called Grand Alarms, and spoke to a manager who then passed me onto Bav. Bav indicated that I would have to pay an additional $375 for the wireless hardware. I indicated that this is unacceptable because Grand Alarms had already agreed to install an Alarm System in my home. It should not have been my issue that the sales person did not travel to my home to appraise the best system for the home prior to creating a deal with me that obviously wouldn't work for the home. I pushed back indicating that I would not pay the additional hardware costs (I had already agreed to a 5-year contract with Grand Alarms). Bav called me back, said to tell the installer to go ahead and start the wireless installation as they would cover the cost of the hardware. The installer then starting planning out the location of the wireless contacts. 15 minutes later, Bav called me back and indicated that his boss wouldn't approve waiving the hardware costs, and that I would now have to pay $275. Again, I said that I would not be paying extra for the hardware as I had already signed the 5-yr service deal based on Grand Alarms providing the hardware for the Alarm Installation. It is not my problem that the salesperson did not travel to my home first for an appraisal prior to forming the deal for the alarm system. Once I said I was not paying for the extra hardware, I was then told to tell the installer to stop the installation process and leave. So after having the agreement in place, taking the day off work to be there when the installer was coming, wasting 3 hours of my time in the morning arguing with the sales person and installation managers to have them hold up their end of the sales agreement, I was left without an alarm, and the sales person made the 5-yr agreement I signed invalid. I found Grand Alarms to be unprofessional and unethical (I already had an agreement). I will also be reporting Grand Alarms to the Better Business Bureau, as I had an agreement with Grand that they defaulted on because their sales person did not do his due diligence prior to drafting the agreement. Would not recommend Grand Alarms.

More about Grand Alarms

Grand Alarms Ltd., a recognized Canadian company conveniently situated within the Greater?Toronto?Area, has built its reputation within the security industry by providing customers with the latest cutting?edge home electronics, whole?home security and information?networking that is designed to fit the modern lifestyle. Since the company’s establishment over a decade ago, Grand Alarms has been the trusted security company of choice to provide first?class security and home automation to customers across Canada.

Certified and active members of both the Home Builder’s Association and the Canadian Security Association, Grand Alarms offers proven solutions designed to equip each home with the amenities and the flexibility that best meet the needs of our customers. By offering industry?leading Smart?Home networking solutions, multi?room Audio Video Distribution, technologically advanced IP Alarm Monitoring components, and state?of?the?art Central Vacuums, home Surveillance components and Garage Door Openers, Grand Alarms has established a long list of dedicated customers who are benefiting from our elite services through?out their home.

Grand Alarms prides itself on providing each customer with an alarm system that is ready for the unexpected by centralizing and routing security to every corner of the home, blanketing it in protection and giving you piece of mind knowing that your family and possessions are secure. With Grand Alarms, every installation is performed by our highly trained technicians ensuring that the set?up and operation of your alarm system is entrusted only to those who can be trusted.

We are dedicated to maintaining a high level of effective and professional customer service in a number of languages that will best suit individual needs. With our cost effective plans and service, and a completely free full lifetime warranty, Grand Alarms continues to be the no. 1 Canadian choice for new homes, residences and businesses of all size.

Grand Alarms Ltd – Home Security solutions that bring comfort to your home and safety to your life.

Alarm Systems, Home Automation, Home Theater, and Vacuum Sales & Service
Home Alarm Products, Home Alarm System Products, Alarm Monitoring, 24/7 Monitoring, Smart Home Monitoring, Smart Home Security
wireless alarm systems, home security, home security systems, home security system, wireless home alarm systems, wireless home alarm systems toronto, wireless home alarm systems vaughan, home alarms, home wireless alarm system, wireless home security, wireless home security system, wireless home security systems canada, wireless home surveillance, wired home alarms, wired home alarm systems, wired home alarm systems in toronto, vaughan wired alarms, home security systems wireless, home security systems wired, home alarm systems canada, best home alarm systems, best home alarm systems canada, best home alarm systems vaughan, best home alarm systems, toronto, best home alarm systems mississauga, best home alarm systems ajax, best home alarm systems maple, home security canada, canada home security, toronto home security, home security in canada, home security alarm systems, security alarm system, home alarm security system reviews, home alarm reviews, alarm security system, security alarm systems for home, security alarm systems for homes, best security alarm system,, alarm home security systems, home alarm systems reviews canada, wireless home alarm systems reviews, home alarm system review, alarm system reviews, alarm systems reviews, alarm reviews vaughan, grand alarms, surveillance system reviews, wireless alarm system review, home video surveillance systems reviews, wireless alarm system reviews, home surveillance system reviews, best home alarm system reviews, best home alarm system reviews, wireless home alarm, home security system wireless, best home alarm, best home alarm company vaughan, best home alarm company ajax, best home alarm company in canada, what is the best home alarm company, best home alarm systems consumer reporters, best home alarm systems, the best home alarm systems, which is the best home alarm system, what is the best home alarm system, who has the best home alarm system, home alarm security vaughan, home alarm security woodbridge, home alarm security toronto, home alarm security ajax, home alarm security pickering, home alarm security brampton, home alarm security canada, security alarms for homes, alarm security home, residential security alarms, commercial security alarms, home alarm monitoring, home monitoring vaughan, monitored home alarm systems, home monitoring systems, cheap home alarm monitoring, home alarms monitoring, home security monitoring, home alarm monitoring toronto, cheapest home alarm monitoring, home security monitoring service, home video monitoring, monitored home security systems, home alarm system monitoring, home alarm from your phone, security cameras, security camera, home security camera, wireless security camera, wireless security cameras, smart home monitoring, smart home, home smart alarm, home security camera, home video surveillance systems, best home surveillance system, wireless surveillance systems, home surveillance systems canada, business surveillance systems, residential surveillance systems, best home video systems, best surveillance systems for home, best home surveillance systems, video surveillance systems for home, surveillance systems wireless, home alarm battery, home alarm battery replacement, home alarm batteries, where to buy home alarm system, burglar alarm system, burglar alarm system vaughan, home burglar alarm systems, burglar alarm system, home burglar alarm system, best home burglar alarm system, alarm monitoring, alarm system monitoring, monitored alarm system, monitored alarm, burglar alarms monitoring, wireless alarm monitoring, best security systems, best home security, best home security system, best wireless security system, best home security system toronto, best home security system vaughan, best home security system milton, the best home security system, best home security alarms, home security camera system, residential alarm systems, residential security systems, residential security, residential alarm companies, residential home alarm systems, security system reviews, home security reviews, home security reviews canada, wireless home security system reviews, security system reviews, vaughan home security reviews, home alarm security reviews, home security system reviews, burglar alarm, home burglar alarm, smart home monitoring, smart home systems, home monitoring systems, smart home technology, home control, smart home monitoring system, home automation, alarm systems, home security cameras, smart home monitoring review
DSC, DSC Security, DSC alarm systems, DSC alarms, DSC home alarms
home alarm systems toronto, home alarm systems ajax, home alarm systems pickering, home alarm systems brampton, home alarm systems Milton, home alarm systems oshawa, home alarm systems vaughan, home alarm systems woodbridge, home alarm systems king city, home alarm systems, maple, home alarm systems burlignton, home alarm systems aurora, home alarm system mississauga, home alarm systems oakville, home alarm systems bolton, Alarm systems toronto, alarm systems ajax, alarm systems pickering, alarm systems brampton, alarm systems milton, alarm systems oshawa, alarm systems vaughan, alarm systems woodbridge, alarm systems king city, alarm systems maple, alarm systems oakville, alarm systems bolton, alarm systems ajax, alarm systems whitby, alarm systems aurora, alarm systems toronto, alarms, alarms toronto, alarms vaughan, vaughan alarm system, burglar alarm, burglar alarm systems, monitoring toronto, cheap monitoring, cheap monitoring toronto, cheap monitoring vaughan, cheap monitoring woodbridge, cheap monitoring ajax, cheap monitoring pickering, cheap monitoring mississauga, home alarm companies, alarm system, wireless alarm system, wireless alarms,
Home Alarm Systems, Smart Home Alarm Systems
1999
CANASA ( Canadian Security Association ) BILD ( Building industry and Land Development ) CFIB ( Ca