A Budget Construction Ltd a division of Kitchen Cabinet Source INC

Kitchen Planning & Renovation
2865 Kingston Road Toronto ON M1M 1N3
HomeStars  >  Kitchen Planning & Renovation in Scarborough  >  A Budget Construction Ltd a division of Kitchen Cabinet Source INC

Reviews for A Budget Construction Ltd a division of Kitchen Cabinet Source INC

Lizcram in Toronto, Ontario Canada M5R2E2
Lizcram in Toronto, Ontario Canada M5R2E2

Gut to the studs and interior renovation

I found Nitin on eRenovate. Nitin was responsive and attentive from the start. We decided to hire Nitin after reading his previous reviews and meeting with him. It was a daunting task to find the right contractor and we are glad we chose Nitin. He is honest, straightforward and easy to talk to. We always felt heard. He was our trusted advisor and we always felt that he was looking out for our best interests, saving us money where possible and making recommendations on how best to use our budget. We are extremely happy with his services and honestly, he made our renovation a success, we couldn’t be happier. Nitin provided us with ideas and tips that we would have never thought of. He was contiuously trying to deliver a little extra – like mitered corners on tile – that make the final delivered product that much more impressive. Yes, there were bumps in the road but Nitin took full accountability for the job and made sure that the job was done well. He is a very good communicator and was always accessible and answered inquiries in a very timely manner. Nitin is extremely detail oriented and does his job with pride. Nitin always kept us up date on the progress of our job. When buying fixtures, tiles and furniture, Nitin always replied to our questions in a timely manner and ensured that we chose the best materials possible. Nitin was proactive. When we asked him about things, he was always one step ahead of us. Nitin passed on his expertise and explained things to us when necessary. Nitin went above and beyond the call of duty arriving very early and staying late so that he could meet our aggressive project completion timelines. He stands behind his product as well – there have been a couple of smaller items that we only realized after we moved in and Nitin’s post delivery service is just as reliable. He is an extremely hard worker and an individual with the highest integrity, the exact type of person you want working for you. Thank you Nitin! We are happy to provide any further reference – you can get our contact information from Nitin.

Asiful from Toronto
Asiful from Toronto
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Kitchen Renovation

Post sale service is horrible!!! The piece on top of the refrigerator did not fit even though the actual measurement for the refrigerator was provided earlier. When we received the appliance we noticed it did not fit in the area. Mr. Nitin did not pick up phones or not replying to text. Tried several times to reach him, Mr. Nitin just ignored all the calls from us and mostly placed us in call block list. The piece is required to cut and re-paint before re-install it. Also one of Cabinet Drawer makes noise due to contacting with counter top. My kitchen looks cheap now even though I spend premium price. I might complain consumer board.

Regarding Kitchen Island: I never noticed a kitchen island without a back panel. If back panel was not considered in price this should be treated as a design error and should not be charged extra to the customer later. Kitchen Island is not just a cabinet design; there must be a back panel. Later we were requested to build a drywall behind the kitchen island and we did not agree for the wall since there won’t be much difference between the Kitchen Island and cabinets if we build the drywall.
Sorry to say that I am not new in Canada and this is my second house renovation work and I am fully aware of Canadian culture, I know how we value our consumers.
The company met delivery and installation timeline. Responses before sale were good.
If you are not worried about post sale service, this can be a good choice.

The facts described are Totally false. The amount of professional services that I NITIN MEHTA provide in this industry is far superior then competition.
When you hire a handy man services v/s Liscenced trades but natural
You get cheap work in your flooring its not level at back of fridge we have given a perfect fit measurements and a piece of valance over and above just in case I also told you over phone you can remove the FRONT PIECE and your fridge can take extra 2" even if your floor is uneven. I offered that to do it at extra trip you declined. If my installer has to come and fix other handy mans poor job then you have to pay for Professional man trìp and time. You declined.

If you keep on asking us to do favours after favours we can't keep on doing it for FREE.

1) Gave a back panel for Island 180$ value you declined to pay.
2) You were given complete set of drawings for your renovation you hired some one who do not read drawings so you kept on requesting me texting photos to check some other agencies work for free which I always did and then you kept on demanding to come and check on site FOR FREE.

Mr ASIF this is Toronto And people value for quality service and its to be paid. You want list of items for free, demand extra services for FREE one has to stop some where.

If you agree to pay we are there to come and resolve your issues which were NOT because of our poor workmanship.

We have a great track record but once in a while we come across people like you who do not respect other professionals time and gas.

Your review means a lot to us we still stand behind if you agree to pay for the island panel, the trip to remove the valance piece let us know via email.
Thanks

CathRalf in Toronto
CathRalf in Toronto

Kitchen Renovation

We found Nitin by reading reviews on web sites like this one. From the outset, he demonstrated professionalism, attention to detail, and responsiveness to our requests. He established the scope of the project, confirmed our budget constraints and quality expectations before presenting us with a detailed proposal, and a very reasonable cost estimate. All of this was supported with computer drawings and precise on-site measurements. He led us through the project schedule and recommended suppliers and materials. He did his very best to adhere to that schedule, despite some unforeseen issues with external suppliers. For our project, Nitin's response truly went beyond the call. His trades people were all top notch, and all acted very professionally. Nitin provided daily updates and frequent on site visits to review both project quality and progress. The final result exceeded our expectations. Thanks again, Nitin!

Thank for your kind words. You and Cathrine were very co operative and full of patience. It was pleasure working with you on your project.
Enjoy your kitchen.

Thanks for your business.
A Budget Construction Ltd
Nitin ( Nick)

Robert in Pickering
Robert in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Kitchen Renovation

I just bought and moved into a condo after having lived in the same house for 46 years. I liked the layout of the condo but did not like the kitchen. The cupboards where white and dull, the floor was black, it had California lighting and the end wall where the washer/dryer and the pantry were located comprised of three sliding doors that wobbled on there tracks. I went online to try and find a contractor who had done renovations in Pickering and had good reviews.

The first name that popped out from this search was A Budget Construction Ltd a Division of Kitchen Cabinet Source Inc. that every customer who had hired them gave the company a top rating. I contacted the company and set up an appointment with the owner Nitin. He came out to my new condo and I told him what I didn’t like and what I wanted. Within a few days he came up with a design exactly as I wanted and a price that I thought was reasonable and well within my budget.

I still had about 5 weeks before I was moving in so Nitin and his crew went to work. He gutted the existing kitchen, removed the old flooring, all the lighting and the sliding wall panels. The new floor was laid, the wall was built, new lighting was wired in and the new cupboards exactly as I wanted, were all installed before I moved in. There were still some items to be completed but I was able to function satisfactorily while the balance of the work was completed. When I had a problem with anything, Nitin addressed the problem and made changes to my complete satisfaction. I also hired Nitin to perform some of the renovations I was making in both bathrooms and these were also completed to my satisfaction.

Now the condo does not look like the tired one I bought but it is bright, cheery and everything looks and is perfect in every way, exactly as I had desired. I would recommend Nitin and his companies to anyone that wants to do any renovations and wants these renovations to be done right and to look professional when completed. Nitin, thanks for a job well done.

Thanks for your kind words Bob.
You deserve the best and we were just a party to make it happen.
Good to know you are Happy and recommend to others.
Good luck and enjoy your kitchen.

Bimal Joshi in Toronto
Bimal Joshi in Toronto

Kitchen re-design and reno

This was our first reno project of this scale and were pretty clueless and nervous about the process.
Nitin walked us through the whole process and was extremely methodical.
Not only did Nitin guide us on design choices, he was a great guiding force in sourcing materials/appliances of great quality at a great price.
Finally, the project was delivered on time and the kitchen turned out better than it was imagined due to improvisations recommended by Nitin along the way.
I can go on and on but the bottomline is the Nitin is the first contractor we came across who under-promised and over-delivered.

Thanks Bimal and Urmila for the Trust you had in me to execute the whole project. We measured, designed and ordered the kitchen when the house was not in your possession. On the very first day of your closing date we started and completed in promised time to make sure your moving date was well kept.
Hope you liked and are enjoying your new kitchen.
I already got inquiries from your neighbourhood.
Enjoy your kitchen with friends and family.
Nitin

Carol De Val from Etobicoke
Carol De Val from Etobicoke
3 reviews Etobicoke, ON

kitchen and bathroom renovation

I read the reviews on Homestars for this company. I experienced a few glitches throughout the reno process (e.g., painting quality, plumbing, bathtub chip and mark on the front of the tub , finishing touches around switch plates and with painting, particularly in the bathroom due to the dark paint colour that was there previously).

Nitin, the owner of the company, went above and beyond to address these concerns and to make the necessary changes.

Nitin has proven himself to be a master with kitchen design. I cannot get over the difference when working in my new kitchen. HIs recommendations for the type of sink and hood fan, along with the lighting have been invaluable. Everything has its place, and it is a pleasure to work in the kitchen now. The design created is beyond my expectations.

Throughout the reno process Nitin was punctual and showed himself to be a man of integrity. Pat and Valerie, thank you for your suggestions with the backsplash. It has added that extra bling to the kitchen.

If one has clear expectations of what they wish the final product to be (e.g., ensuring the walls are prepared before they are painted, taking the necessary time and care to examine the products purchased (e.g., bathtub) and communicates their expectations clearly with the crew, then I would recommend this company.

Nitin was quite willing to do a walk through and address any concerns with this reno. With the unfortunate plumbing mishap (the plumbing put in was for residential not for condo: Homeowners be aware that for fire regulations, copper/steel plumbing must be installed in condo units instead of plastic ), he paid for the cost of replacing the plumbing, and also paid for the paint touch ups requested throughout. He also touched up the flaws with the bathtub (there were a chip inside the tub, along with a mark on the front of the bathtub that I did not catch when I first examined the tub).

Hi Carol,
Thanks for your review and covering everything, at the end of the day our motto and any General contractor would do is HAPPY CUSTOMER.
Let me tell people who are reading this reviews that at the end of this job when we were done Carol was so happy that she over paid us for almost 6154 $ and change which was returned with thanks and that made me more happier. Its difficult to find customers like you Carol. You were great and very co-operative.
In course of this project I learned lack of Communication was the key issue my Plumber did not hook up dishwasher as it was having no power to test run and the Electrician was not part of our contract. The Electrician came next day when we were away ( Friday / Saturday / Sunday) he connected the power supply and home owner thought its ready to go and our bad luck ! Any ways to make it short and simple I had to cover the cost for mishap and took responsibility, all was taken care and end result Carol was Happy customer.
As far as copper plumbing is concerned it was ABS plastic before when we had removed and my plumber did the same due to condo ( liabilities ) Any ways Plumber is fired from other jobs due to lack of communication skills and has to upgrade his other skills as well.
To work in a Condo in tight space, restricted working hours and rules was challenging as well. (Kitchen and bath renovation at same time)
All finishing items are supplied by home owner in most of our projects (except cabinets and counter tops)
We started on the given date and time and gave it before her school started and Carol is one more Happy customer for us.
Thanks Carol enjoy your New Kitchen and Wash room.

Ray from Toronto
Ray from Toronto

Kitchen

Kitchen installed and designed by KCS and happy with the results. Nitin was a professional in every way. I was unable to be home at the start of project he kept me informed of what they were doing throughout the day witch was great. He also asked the right questions key in my decision making. Other company quotes were not detailed like the one Nitin had given. The design was well thought out. Time of project completion was ahead of schedule and all for a competitive price. Thanks Nitin for your care and attention to detail on my project.

Hi Ray,
I had been maintaining my 10 out of 10 score so far i was disappointed to see 9 from you what i have to do more to get that 1 more point from you? Is it possible for you to review and see if i deserve 10 out of 10? Thanks in advance for reconsidering.

Carol Lee-Garcia from Scarborough
Carol Lee-Garcia from Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

Kitchen reno

Our kitchen looks amazing thanks to the beautiful design by Nitin and his wife from KCS. Nitin did a great job managing the project, providing a great crew and keeping to the planned timelines. Even the neighbors commented on how hard working the crew was. He was always available and paid attention to the little details. He made sure things very done properly as he was often at the site supervising. I was skeptical when he told me it would be done in 5 weeks but it was completed on time and on budget. He worked very hard to schedule the best trades people available and I was very pleased with the result. The cleaning crew afterwards did a great job and was a nice touch. I would highly recommend him and his team.

LARRY from Toronto
LARRY from Toronto

New bathroom counters, resurface existing cabinets

Several years ago I stopped in to KCS Kitchens, just by chance, at a time when we considering renovating the kitchen in our century old home. We met Nitin Mehta and after spending two hours chatting with him, decided he was the man to renovate our kitchen. Because of his engineering background, he was able to redesign our kitchen giving us approximately 20% more floor and cabinet space. When we listed our home for sale, it sold in one day. Our realtor told us that the purchaser fell in love with the kitchen!
Now, in our new condo, Nitin has redesigned our bathrooms. After examining the bathrooms, he advised that the existing cabinets were excellent and did not need replacement, just resurfacing. With the money saved, we invested in beautiful counter tops and new taps. Another success for Nitin and KCS Kitchens.
It is important to know that Nitin's quote is always accurate, his workmen show up exactly on time and leave no mess and Nitin is in attendance to supervise.
Nitin will now do the kitchen in our new condo.

Mary in Scarborough
Mary in Scarborough
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

Complete Kitchen Renovation

We interviewed 5 companies before we met with Nitin of Kitchen Cabinet Source Inc. Nitin was the most conscientious, detailed, honourable contractor we met. His contract was detailed and every aspect of the future use of the room was taken into consideration. His crew were courteous and left the house clean and tidy at the end of every day. Nitin made sure the timeline was met and our project was completed ON TIME.
I would highly recommend Kitchen Cabinet Source Inc to anyone who is looking to make renovations.

More about A Budget Construction Ltd a division of Kitchen Cabinet Source INC

Kitchen Cabinet Source INC - A Budget Construction LTD One Stop shop for regular home owner. Just design and supply for Custom builders and renovators, work with your customers design and supply in your budget. Supply Cabinets, All kinds of counter tops. Very flexible product in size and ANY color ...