Andrew is a perfectionist and loves his job. He explained my options (types of door slab, jamb, colour, lock, door insert, cost). He had a library of his previous work. This was extremely useful.
I ended up getting a steel double-door, clear glass transom, Glacier by Fusion insert and multipoint lock. For the single side door, same insert and regular, but matching lock.
Someone broke into my home, so I had to get the front door replaced through the insurance company. Andrew worked within how much the insurance company was willing to pay. I liked his honesty. He told me when some things were not worth spending the money on. I was able to put some more money in to replace the side door to match the front door. Quotes from home improvement supplies retailers and popular doors/windows companies were almost twice the cost!!!!! Lots of overhead costs, I guess.
I was quickly able to get in touch with Andrew via MMS and e-mail for updates. Andrew and his brother did the installation and cleanup.
- I highly recommend going to his workshop to take a look at the colour options, door inserts and locks in person.
- If you need to upgrade or relocating your door bell, this is the time. If the door frame is removed, the wiring will easy to do.
- If you have wired security system, Andrew will take care of the wires. Your security company will have to come to install the sensor.
- Andrew will be able to generally match door inserts from other vendors' catalogues.
- Plan ahead so that you will have plenty of time to decides on what you want and organize the installation. You may need to wait for the parts to come in, etc.