Precision Marble and Tile

Tile & Stone Contractors
GTA Toronto ON
HomeStars  >  Tile & Stone Contractors in Vaughan  >  Precision Marble and Tile
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Precision Marble and Tile

R C.

In my humble opinion,

with 35 plus years in the construction and engineering industry I can say that Mario and Domenic from Precision Marble &Tile are in a class of "Master Tilers".

Mario & Domenic are: professional, friendly, down to earth, practical, understanding, punctual and above all else - they treat you like family.

I interviewed several potential so called "professional tilers" and in summary: they were not skilled enough to take on the work nor were they confident of thinking "outside of the box".

Attention to detail, level floors, square corners & striaght grout lines are very key elements for me and that is why I trusted my bathroom tiling project to Mario & Domenic.

I retained Mario & Domenic to complete the tiling in a basement bathroom that was a unique design which contained a free standing tub in a common shower area.

The tiling pattern was complex with hand picked tiles to create the layers of a quarried mountain side. The geometric layout of the bathroom was also unique with Schluter edge returns, 45 angle degree walls and a heated floor system.

I have attached some pictures of the work and the photos speak for themselves.

In my humble opinion,

If you are looking for "Masters Tilers" who really know their craft, I strongly suggest you give Mario & Domenic a call at Precision Marble & Tile - you will not be disappointed.

Sincerely,

Roy Carretta, CET, AFC

Please do not hesitate to contact me for a reference at 705-828-9425, via text or phone

Esha

After visiting the Precision Marble & Tile website and reading the reviews on Homestars, we decided to give Mario a call. He was very professional, kind, polite and easy to talk to - especially when expressing our concerns regarding the project. Mario put our mind at ease. After our initial meeting, we knew he was the right person for the job. He showed us several pictures and videos of other projects he had worked on and explained in detail of his dry pack process and a day-by-day breakdown of how the job will be completed.

We were having a difficult time finding the right floor tiles for our new project. After narrowing it down to a few samples, Mario advised us to run them by him. He informed us of what to look for and/or avoid when choosing a tile. Once we found our perfect tile, we called Mario to start the project and he provided a timeframe in which he would complete it.

During the renovation, he was very respectful of us and our home. He took his time and made sure each and every tile was laid perfectly and we couldn’t be happier with the results! Thus far, we’ve received several compliments on the finished product. We will definitely keep him in mind for future projects and recommend him to our friends and family.

Thank you Mario!

Phill from Ajax
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Mario and his crew tiled our entire basement about 3 years ago and it looks amazing. So, in early 2016 when we were preparing to tile our kitchen, entrance, powder room and laundry, we didn't hesitate to work with Mario again!

Using dry pack makes the floor perfectly straight ... a necessity when laying 24" fully rectified tiles.

The work was done cleanly and on time. The results are great. The floor is solid, the lines are laser straight, and transitions to the adjoining rooms are perfectly aligned.

We also installed flush height floor registers that the tile store cut from some of our tile with a water jet. It requires a hole to be perfectly cut so the register fits with a uniform gap on all sides. Mario did a great job cutting the holes and the registers look great.

In our kitchen, the floor was 3/4" lower on one side of the room than the other. With drypack, Mario's crew was able to get the floor laser level. The cabinet installers commented that it was very rare for them to work on a floor that is as perfectly level as ours.

I have no hesitations recommending Mario and Precision Marble.

Grace in Vaughan
1 review Caledon, ON

A month before Christmas, I happened to come across Mario DiMatteo’s website, Precision Tile Installers, and am I ever glad I did. After waiting 5 weeks for another company to follow through (just with phone calls and emails after a house visit), and then another company after that, Mario’s voice on the phone was way-above-the-norm helpful and insightful. He had contacts that quickly assessed what I needed done in terms of radiant floor heat, and got the job done quickly and efficiently. Then another small crew (I have a small living-room) came in to do the thin-set which evened out my old floor, and that was impressive. After, Mario and his crew came to do the tile. He took the time needed to figure out the best way to lay the tile so it would not upset the way your eye sees it (uneven floors and walls, older home). He was a busy guy but managed to squeeze my job in between bigger jobs, and I so appreciate his efforts considering this crazy-busy time of year. Throughout, Mario and his crew were professional, helpful, hardworking and friendly. I could not have asked for more. I was 100% satisfied.

Fred from Vaughan

From the first time I called Mario until the job was finished, Mario was a true professional. My story began when I mistakenly hired someone else from a buy & sell website to install 12 x 24 rectified porcelain tile in my kitchen and hallway. I knew something was wrong when he showed up 5 hours late on the first day, then called in sick on the second day. After laying 70 sq. ft. of 12 x 24 rectified porcelain tile, I was not happy at the quality of workmanship and had a hard time sleeping with the idea my whole main floor would be like that, so I cut my losses and fired him. That same day I found Mario's website and was impressed that he offered tips for DIYs. When I called the number, Mario answered and made me feel at ease. I explained my predicament he was sympathetic and patiently explained his technique for laying flat tile. He came over that evening to examine what the other guy left behind and brought his long straight edge to show me how uneven my floors were, as well as hundreds of pictures of his work. He recommended removing the tile and starting over, which I did and we used the opportunity to go with a larger 24 x 24 tile. The key to a quality installation is a flat floor and he uses drypack to get uneven floors nice and flat. After going to visit a couple of his jobs to see his work first hand, I hired him. He started when he said he would and installed the drypack on day 1. After 1 day of drying, he started laying the tile on day 3 and finished grouting on day 6. The end product was better than I expected. The floors were flat, with no lippage and they looked amazing. I was very happy and could have saved money if I contacted Mario from the beginning. He prices are very reasonable and if you have high standards like me, you will appreciate his attention to detail and high quality of workmanship. Thanks so much Mario for saving me from a potential nightmare and leaving me with a floor that gets compliments from everyone that visits. I will be calling you again to install my back splash.

Jo from Toronto

Mario is the best in this business; his knowledge and experience in tile installation shows in all his projects.
The first time we used Mario, we mistakenly had our kitchen cabinets installed first. Mario patiently cut around all the gables and the tile
work looked fantastic. Recently, he completed all the tiles in our new home and he recommended drypacking everywhere for a level finish. Again, the tile work looks great; Mario is the master of drypacking as demonstrated in his videos. Use Mario for all your tile work if you want your job to be done properly.

Jason from Markham

Mario was a gem. He completed my job in 5 days, showed up on time and worked hard. Other contractors have come in and commented on what a great job he did. The drain flows perfectly and the tiles are lined up precisely. We just love our new bathroom.

Henry from Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Amazing experience dealing with Mario. He's a stand up guy that really takes the time. He asks you to show him your tile samples to ensure that it's a good quality product. Due to his expertise we ended up with a 24x24 tile from Rivalda at a great price. Since there was slight bowing of the tile he recommended, he suggested 3/36 grout joints. I must say the whole process was a great experience. Mario was always accessible by phone and easy to deal with. After picking up the tile, whole job from tear out to finished product took 9 days. The dry pack foundation that's done for levelling and strengthening the ground really makes a huge difference. Even my general contractor was impressed with the work. Overall, we are 100% happy with the finished product. The precision can really be seen in the details. Even areas around drains that will be covered by kitchen cabinets were perfectly executed. Good tile work is a thing of Beauty and I've attached some pics. People always ask about the price... Mario's prices are actually quite competitive. Prob 1-2 dollars more expensive per sq foot than my asian contractor. Of course the difference is that he has a license and included dry pack levelling. Would def recommend him to others. A+++

Janet from Thornhill
2 reviews Thornhill, ON

Mario was kind and professional with my job. He completed it in 4 days with no surprises and went above and beyond to ensure the job was to our satisfaction. We are very happy with the thin grout lines and straight tiles.

Thank you Mario!

Phill from Ajax
2 reviews Ajax, ON

We were looking for an experienced tilesetter that had experience with large tiles and large spaces to tile about 850 sq ft of our basement with 24 inch fully rectified porcelain tiles. We met with a number of them, but they either didn't have enough experience with this type of install, or they simply said they wouldn't take the job because it was too difficult.

We found Precision Marble and Tile and met with Mario and saw the videos of their past jobs. He could show us photos of a number of tile installs he had done recently that were as challenging, or more challenging than ours.

His experience and the quality of his past work was miles above the other tilesetters we met. And his pricing was competitive.

We're extremely happy with the way things turned out. The Precision crew used dry pack to level the entire floor. It wasn't too bad before, but there were some high spots that would have been obvious with such a large tile. After the dry pack, the floor was perfectly straight.

The tiles are fully rectified so any imperfection in the way they're laid would result in raised edges or grout lines that weren't straight, etc. The installation is perfect. There isn't a single raised edge or misaligned grout line.

One area really stands out. They tiled around our built-in bar and cut the tiles so perfectly that we don't need to install any trim to conceal the edge of the tile. It looks great!

Leading up to the job, Mario kept in contact to let me know how his current jobs were looking and when he was expecting to start our job. They took their time and didn't rush and the results are great!

I would definitely recommend Precision Marble and Tile to anyone looking for an experienced tilesetter that does outstanding work!

More about Precision Marble and Tile

We are your pro tilers. We do it right the first time. We install any type of tile. We install shower tiles,tube enclosures,main floors basement,back splash. We also install heated floors,anywhere in your house.We level floor with dry pack, also over your heated wires. Any one who is looking into ditra, or kirdi we also supply and install. Any kind of floor your thinking give us a call and we will give you the best advice and also installation.
Full service Tile & Stone Contractors specializing in Bathroom Renovation + Floor Laying & Refinishing