Performance Natural Lighting

Skylight Installation & Repair
1591 Sandhurst Crescent Pickering ON L1V 6W2
HomeStars  >  Skylight Installation & Repair in Pickering  >  Performance Natural Lighting

Reviews for Performance Natural Lighting

pp in Toronto
pp in Toronto

kitchen light

We are absolutely thrilled with our Solatube and only wish we had done it sooner. John was extremely professional in all areas – he provided us with a detailed, accurate quote, arrived on time for the installation, and made a point of cleaning everything up before he left. He made sure it was installed in the best location to give me the light where I wanted it. I would highly recommended a Solatube to anyone wanting more natural light in their house and would definitely recommend John for the job!!

Loretta in Toronto
Loretta in Toronto

Solatubes over stairwell and foyer

in the last week
We had a great experience with John and his son Edward Hewitt of Performance natural lighting.
Service:
I called him and he explained everything at great length. He answered my 40 minutes worth of questions with friendliness and knowledge. His quote was MUCH less than what other companies charged. He had no hidden fees, no surcharges for steep roof or working on a weekend. In fact, we paid less than what he quoted because the tubing wasn't as long as he initially thought was needed. He was not pushy nor did he try and upsell anything.
I asked to book the job on a Thursday and he came Sunday morning to do it. Super fast and efficient and kept the working area clean. His son Edward was even wiping between the railing spokes to clean up dust. It was cleaner than before they came!

Solatubes:
Amazing light output! I had two 14" ones installed and it looks like the stairs/foyer/hallway are flooded in sunlight. There are no harsh spot lights, just even diffuse white light. I keep thinking I left the lights on but it's just the solatubes.

So worth it! Call John, don't bother with the other companies. He is reliable, responsive, hardworking and so nice. Thanks for all your help!

Ann in Burlington
Ann in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Solatube

John was on time and finished the job on time. Very professional. The solatubes look fantastic. Best of all my townhouse has a lot more natural light. I don't have to turn on the bathroom light during the day. Whereas before no window no light. Thank u John I will recommend u to anyone wanting or thinking of installing a solatube. A++

Karen
Karen
22 reviews Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

I have natural light now in a windowless bathroom - amazing!

Found this company on Homestars and was not disappointed. John called me and set up the appointment. He came and installed a 10" solatube skylight into our daughters bathroom and it looks amazing. He was on time, neat and tidy and explained everything to us. I would highly recommend John to anyone. very impressed!

SWJ from Bronte
SWJ from Bronte

wow! what a difference a sun tunnel makes

john installed a sun tunnel over my internal stairs exactly 1 year ago and I still point it out to guests! I no longer need to turn a light on during daylight. I can not believe the difference it makes.
the inside looks just like a light fitting. fortunately he isn't a large man because the access to the roof is very small and above a wardrobe.
He doesn't try to sell you things you don't need either - I thought about one in the bathroom but he said I didn't really need it and he was right.

Totally excellent work and service!

Having looked at reviews and talked to the only other company in Toronto which installs Solatubes, I called the company owner, John. He was very friendly & helpful on the phone and even quoted a lower estimate for the job than the other company. John turned up on the day we'd arranged. He was a bit late but had emailed me to let me know he was stuck in traffic. I had originally wanted the more expensive tube which had a venting fan attached. When John looked at the space he thought that there wasn't enough room for the larger unit so he installed the cheaper unit without the fan. I was impressed with John's honesty and lack of upselling. The work was finished promptly, cleanup was acceptable and John also did extra venting on the original fan for a very fair price. He even repaired a faulty seal on the roof around the stink pipe at no extra charge.
Since then we have had some storms and heavy rain with no leaks. I 100% recommend John's work and the light now coming into our bathroom is amazing! Thank you John.

E.T. in Toronto
E.T. in Toronto

Solatube Installed

If you are looking to install a Solatube, this is the person you want to do the job. He installed my first one 10 years ago and now that we moved, I was lucky to find him and installed another one at the new house. Excellent communication, service response. I called John on a Saturday evening, he was installing the very next day in the morning.

This team knows what customer satisfaction is about. I was able to upgrade the cover for my Solatube for very little. They do go the extra mile.

There is only 2 companies in the GTA that I know of who install the original Solatube, avoid the other one, I had a bad experience with them, they took a deposit up front and after two months they never installed it. Luckily I found John on google and he installed in less than 24 hours, no surprises, neither un expected surcharges like the other company. I highly recommend them!

tuktuk8 in Markham
tuktuk8 in Markham

The Best Service Person to install Solatube

Was bit scared and still little scared about condensations,installations,leakage afterwards but John is very knowledgeable and gave all answers in calm manner . Just did one tunnel and looks perfect . After this installation right away gave him hallway 14" installation. Let see how goes. So far he is perfect and he does very well in this industry. My home is new and was bit scared .after installation I felt happy and solatube is much better than other product. Pictures and video will be posted after hallway installation. So far he give his 100% and neighbors allready asking his number. We recommended John for solar lighting project.

Prompt, efficient and clean

John was very prompt at responding to all our inquiries. He arrived on time for the install; was very efficient and works in a clean manner.He did such an impressive job that 2 of our neighbors hired him on the spot! Love the light the solar tube brings into our upstairs hall - why did we wait so long to have this installed?The 10 years labor warranty made for an easy decision as most other dealers only offer 1 year warranty on the labor. Thanks again John

Kuljit from Markham
Kuljit from Markham

Solatube Installation

Had the tube installed a couple of weeks ago and can't be more pleased with the light it provides in my previously dark upstairs hallway/staircase.

I asked a tonne of questions and gave John plenty of opportunity to up-sell me stuff I didn't need. Instead I was given an honest and professional opinion.

The entire process from initial call to completing the installation was professional and pleasant. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Performance Natural Lighting to anyone who wants sunlight pouring into their home.

Thanks!

More about Performance Natural Lighting

With Over 21 years of full- time Solatube installation experience in the GTA & Southern Ontario. performance Natural Lighting Offers Sales & Installation Services for Solatube Daylighting Systems, Solatube Ventilation Add-on kits, Solatube Add-on Light kits, Solar-nightlight, Solatube Daylight Dimmer, Solatube Solar Star Attic Fans