Rapid Rooter

1-24 Ronson Drive Toronto ON M9W1B3
HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Toronto  >  Rapid Rooter

Reviews for Rapid Rooter

Ripped off in Burlington in 2007

First mistake... no business name on their truck. They cleared sewer drain. I put a deposit down to replace outside sewer drain to due to cracking and root damage. They never returned. No locates for job was ever done. Went to small claims court and won but impossible to collect money owed. Dealt with Consumer Protection Branch of Min. of Govt & Consumer Services. Nothing was accomplished.

Ryan in Calgary
Ryan in Calgary

Charged criminally by Ontario Govt

Had a leaky drain pipe from the washroom. Was charged $3000 for drain pipe replacement and that didn't stop the leak so was asked for another $2500 to replace another drain pipe section. That also didn't solve the problem. Noticed an unauthorized charge on my credit card that I spent many months disputing in a court of law.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

drain work

they came to fix my blocked pipe and next day it got blocked again! they wanted to charge me again same amount of money to fix it on the next day!!! I found another company who charged me 1/5 of their charge and they did a great job.
I became a member of Homestar just because of this company

Terri in Toronto
Terri in Toronto

Main drain

On nov 25th 2015 i called plunbers .ca to have a plumber come out to lòok at my sewer drain since i had sewer coming up. Plumber came out informed me the cost would be $735 i agreed since i had no choice the plumber snaked my toilet drain not the drain where the sewage was coming from by the end i paid 922 one day later the same issue happen again text the plumber said he will be coming back this took three days only to be told it was my issue. Cime to find out the company that came out was rapid rooter sevice and plumbers.ca is the dispatch they used. Called a new company they came snaked the sewer drain to be inform i had roots in my also new plumber informed me that i should contact ontario collage of trade to report them because he knows that rapid rooter does not used fully lic plumbers. This company should never be called even to fix a light buld please keep in mind they use plumbers.ca to get their calls to over charge and to be rude when you call back because the problem has not been fix even that you paid almost a thousand dollars to have fixed.

moonstruck from Toronto
moonstruck from Toronto
5 reviews Old Toronto, ON

broken pipe in kitchen, new intake lines and faucet

I called Rotorooter, at 4:50am, somehow Rapid Rooter showed up. I didn't notice this until Rotorooter called to tell me that my plumber was on the way. They were already there. I questioned Rapid Rooter, and they only said well we are here, we got a call. Rotorooter couldn;t tell me how this happened. The guys were nice, and so far the repair has held. It's been two days. It was very expensive. When your plumber arrives ask where they are from before letting them in.

Michael from North York
Michael from North York
1 review North York, ON

Bathroom Taps

Mothers bathroom water facet set stopped functioning correctly.
They charged her in excess of $1500 for a job that should not have exceeded $600 tops including the replacement facet set.

Upset in Toronto from Toronto
Upset in Toronto from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Plumbing

I am writing on behalf of my elderly mother who hired Rapid Rooter to replace leaking taps. Her sons and neighbours were on vacation and no-one was around to help.

In my opinion, Rapid Rooter took advantage of mother, charging her more than $1,700 to replace a set of taps. They originally quoted $500.

The invoice is illegible and does not even have a phone number or invoice number on it. I do not understand how they break the charge down. The company will not or cannot explain the bill.

My mother, on a fixed income, must now take out a loan to pay off this outrageous bill. I do not recommend this company and question their ethics.

Susan Malcolm from Etobicoke
Susan Malcolm from Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Installation Of Backflow Valve

Rapid Rooter suggested that I okay the installation of a Backflow valve. Apparently this company was not licensed by Toronto to do this kind of work. Toronto offers a rebate if the work is okayed by the city. I phoned Rapid Rooter 5 times in 3 weeks and left messages with the receptionist. Rapid Rooter never called me
back. Do not use this company. If there is a problem, will the company return your calls ?

Val from Barrie
Val from Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Replaced laundry taps

Call to have my 90 yr old mothers laundry taps replaced. Work was completed and charged at $700. Checked other plumbing companies cost should have been no more then $200 maximum. DONT LET THESE PEOPLE IN YOUR HOME.

CM from Newmarket
CM from Newmarket
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Hot water wouldn't turn off, Rapid Rooter came to fix it

WORSE SERVICE and most expensive. Rapid Rooter failed to mention that they don't give detailed billing and everything was flat rate. I felt taken avantage of. For the price I paid I could have redone half of my bathroom. When I called head office they really could have cared less. Basically what is done was done and I am still waiting to see why the charge was so much. The original quote was $400 and paid over $1500. AVOID USING THEM AT ALL COSTS. Not worth the work they did.