Dicarlo Stoneworks

Toronto ON

Reviews for Dicarlo Stoneworks

DnA
DnA

Carlo over promises and under delivers

DO NOT USE THIS GUY. Carlo over promises and under delivers. And he does not honour the warranty on his work. I made the mistake of contracting him to fix the black basalt slabs on my front porch. He claimed that he can replace the broken slabs with exactly the same, that the cement he uses would not leach efflorescence, and that he could start before the weather became too cold. He was given the opportunity to assess the work to be done before giving me his quote, including getting another company to quote on removing the glass rail and re-installing it. His quote was not cheap !! I signed the contract on 13-Oct-2016 because he promised me that he would start the following week. He made sure I paid a hefty deposit on that same day. Then the lousy excuses started. The work did not start till over a month later into late November, and the weather had become very cold already. This was exactly the condition I was wanting to avoid, as cement does not set as well in freezing cold weather, despite what people like Carlo would like to tell you. And he could not match the black basalt slabs like he promised. In fact, he did not even know where to find them. The replacement of mismatched black basalt was finally completed in December, and he demanded an extra $700 because he claimed he had to use extra screws to attach the glass rail back. $700 for extra screws – are you kidding me !! Barely had a month passed, then the cement started to leach efflorescence. Yup, yet another false claim. He claimed he would return in the spring to fix it, and I ended up spending the following year trying to get him back. It is now July 2018, over one-and-a-half years later, and he has NOT fixed the defect !! After I finally managed to shame him to respond to me, he told me that I had to get the glass rail removed before he can fix his defect. Which of course means I would have to pay several thousand dollars to remove the glass rail in order to get him to fix his mistake. Do you want really want to hire someone like this ??

Joelle from Toronto
Joelle from Toronto

I could not be happier with the work

I came upon Carlo and Stoneworks here on Homestars and boy was I lucky to find him. I had several companies quote on my job. Some of our brickwork and stone steps were crumbling. This is not my forever house, so I didn't want to invest a ton of money rebricking and rebuilding. Every other company wanted to sell me an expensive service. One said I had to rebuild my stairs, another had me covering up my bricks with a brick facing. Carlo came in and told me I should remove the ugly stucco and restore the bricks. It was a fraction of the cost and it looks absolutely fantastic. He was a fraction of the cost of the other guys. 10% of the cost of the guy who said I had to redo my stairs. Carlo is honest, he won't try to upsell you and he is the nicest guy you would ever meet. He was on time every day and cleaned up thoroughly at the end of every day. I can't recommend him enough. Thanks Carlo!

Thanks a lot Joelle for your review, big pleasure working for you, and I'm very happy that you love the finish brick wall. Cheers, Carlo

Goldman in North York
Goldman in North York

Patio stone work

I live in the Bayview/401 area where the properties are deemed to be 'luxury homes' and as such require repairs and maintenance work to meet the same high set of standards. I was totally impressed with the quality of work provided by Carlo and his team. And even more impressed with how they kept to the promised schedule and how clean the job site was during and upon completion. Its been an awfully long time since I've had tradesmen do work for us that were as professional as Dicarlo Stoneworks. I will certainly recommend Carlo to everyone and anyone. Thanks again Carlos!

Thanks a lot Joel for all your words. Big pleasure working for you and your wife. Cheers and happy holidays.best regards Carlo Gil

Lori Turrell from Toronto
Lori Turrell from Toronto

Replace stair treads with stone, re-lay existing flagstone patios

We had a complicated project of replacing 15 interlock stair treads with solid stone. I wanted the existing interlock retaining walls to remain, and the galvanized steel railing to be re-used.
Two flagstone patio areas at the top also needed to be re-laid.
Since we have pure sand substrate, I wanted to be sure there would be no more shifting.
Carlo and his team did a fantastic job. He knew exactly what to do in order to give me the look and longevity I wanted. I interviewed no less than 8 companies for this job, and Carlo was the only person who came even close to doing what I wanted.
I recommend Carlo very highly. He is courteous, always answers his emails and phone in a timely manner, delivers what he promises on time and on budget, and did an excellent job on my project. He involves the client every step of the way from explaining the process to double checking before going ahead if he has a question.
He and the team showed up on time and worked hard all day. The job site was kept clean. There is no room here to store materials, so Carlo even went and picked up the stone with his truck in several loads.
My railing fits perfectly. Normally the stairs are built and the railing is then made to fit the stairs. Carlo had to do it backwards. No other company would do this, and that railing would cost $4000.00.
Thank you so much for doing such a fantastic job and making my vision a reality.
Lori Turrell
P.S. I have had four neighbours come to me this morning and tell me how great the stairs look.

Big pleasure working for you Lori. Enjoy your steps. Cheers, Carlo

Darrell in Brampton
Darrell in Brampton

Commercial building brick repair and parging

We purchased a new building for the company that had a lot of old deteriorating bricks and we wanted to do parging along the bottom all around the building. They worked very hard to complete the work and we are very happy with the work that was done. They were very professional and would highly recommend them.

Thanks Darrell for the review. Was big pleasure working for you and all your team. Really appreciate and thanks a lot for your referrals. Best regards Carlo.

Rick from Oakville
Rick from Oakville

Stoneworks

Dicarlo Stoneworks worked with us to create a beautiful entrance way to our home.
They did such a good job we are intending to get them to do some more work for us in the near future.
Our project was started on time and completed ahead of schedule, the site was cleaned right up.
We highly recommend Carlo and his crew.

Thanks for the review Rick, was pleasure working for you and your wife. Best regards Carlo Gil

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Backyard Landscaping

The owner, Carlo was both knowledgeable, timely and extremely courteous. He completed my backyard landscaping this past summer and I have never been happier with the end result. It is exactly what I envisioned. It was a pleasure to work with this company. Would hire them again without hesitation.

Mark from Mississauga
Mark from Mississauga

Backyard Landscaping

Dicarlo did such a great job with my backyard. I feel like I'm at a country club at home. Such attention to details and great customer service. They are hardworking and won't stop until you are satisfied. They gave me a very good price and were honest about everything and explained what was being done. It was a great learning experience for me as well. Keep up the good work!

Greg Shaw from York
Greg Shaw from York
3 reviews York, ON

Retaining wall repair and walkway replacement

Responsive and unbelievably hardworking. High quality and flexible. Cleaned up daily. Went beyond the minimum. Beautiful results. On time and on budget. Very pleased with the results and the whole experience. Creative in design Highly recommended

More about Dicarlo Stoneworks

All kind of natural stone works , tuck pointing , brick repairs . DICARLO STONEWORKS specializes in high quality masonry restorations, repair and general construction. we offer experienced and reliable masonry services. our craftsmen are courteous, and reliable and we guarantee all work. OUR SERVICES; *inspect and construct new and ...
Looking for Landscape Contractors & Designers pros in Toronto?