mettro source

Reviews for mettro source

Karen
Karen

Kitchen, bathroom

Beautiful tiles you won't find anywhere else! Sean and Anna are a pleasure to work with and know both the product and design side. While the tile collection is best described as curated, there are products for most budgets. We love, love, love Mettro Source and never hesitate recommending it to friends who are looking for something special.

SThomas from Markham
SThomas from Markham

Bathroom

I stumbled across Mettro by chance, looking for Stone Tile. I spoke in depth with one of their sales representatives, Sean, who was very friendly and seemed to be helpful in planning out our project (thus the 1 out of 10 for his friendliness as opposed to the owner who was very rude). The tile there was all about 2-4 times what we were looking to spend and I told him that but my husband and I fell in love with a sample he showed us so we decided to splurge on it. My husband went to pick up our (very expensive) tile and brought it home. When I saw it, none of the tiles were what they showed me in the store. They were all mismatched and looked terrible together in our opinion. The store claims that's how they are meant to look and that because they are expensive, it is fine that they clash. The store owner also claimed that they told me they were varied (which I don't remember and can mean a lot of different things--most tile I looked at comes with some variation in colour but I never considered it would mean the pattern). Even though I didn't remember that and I told her this she just told me she was there and I was wrong. In trying to return them, they charged us a 25% restocking fee when Sean clearly told me when I was at the store that they had a ton in stock (i.e., this was not a special order at all). I offered to drive the tile to the warehouse (which is in Toronto) myself but the woman said that is not an option, we can leave the tile with her and be charged a 25% restocking fee. She did not offer to show us other tile we might be interested in (we actually were hoping to purchase different tile from them!) just told me we had no options and that I was wrong, that the tile is beautiful and they have it on display in the store so I should have known better. Looking back, all of the pictures I took of the tile Sean showed me in the store show the same pattern so I'm not sure how I was supposed to know better. I would never recommend this store to anyone. Terrible customer service, they don't care at all about customer satisfaction or about honest representation. All they care about is making as much money as possible at the customer's expense.

XarPeter in Brockton
XarPeter in Brockton

providing tile, edging, and grout/sealer for a bathroom reno

These guys do not have a huge selection of tiles, but what they do carry are nice and they really know their stuff.

I was doing a bathroom reno and wanted the classic "diner-style" hexagonal tiles for the floor - 1", and Olympia Tile did not have this size (they only had larger and smaller).

mettro source had good quality, porcelain hex. They also recommended to me a very nice, sleek looking metal edging for the subway wall tiles, as I did not want to use a bulky looking "cap" tile nor the cheap-looking standard plastic edging.

They also were able to tell me what quality grout and sealer to use to maintain my tile looking good as new.

Through many issues with my contractor, who was unfamiliar with the nicer looking edging and required more amounts of the supplies, and who also wanted to use their own low-quality concealer, Sean at mettro source was helpful at all times to help me work through the issues.

I would definitely recommend them if you want some nice tiles and good accessories.

More about mettro source

Family owned retail showroom. Imports of high end Ceramic and porcelains from Spain & Italy. A friendly, easy to navigate showroom, with an art gallery style setting.